Saints Row 2 confirmed

Weedy649

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
[quote name='IGN']THQ has officially announced that it's working on the previously rumoured PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 sequel to the successful pimp-me-up, Saints Row. However, a PS3 port of the original has been axed.

Saints Row 2 is in the works at Volition Studios, which created the original title, and is set to ship simultaneously on PS3 and 360 in 2008. However, in order to focus resources on this follow-up, THQ has scrapped plans to release a PS3 version of the first game.

"The original Saints Row earned critical acclaim for its stunning graphics, unparalleled customisation options and the genre's first-ever online multiplayer," said Kelly Flock, executive vice president of worldwide publishing, THQ. "The game's worldwide success shows the growing fanaticism for open-world gaming and our talented team at Volition is now using their proprietary technology to revolutionise the genre yet again."[/quote]

As long as GTA and Saints Row are spaced well apart release wise, they could provide a great sandbox combo this gen imo.

too bad the douches never bothered to fix the first game's multiplayer. All games are like slideshows with idiots teleporting around.

lol, I thought this was confirmed awhile ago. I live in Champaign, IL (where Volition is located) and have a friend that works there. He told about way back over Thanksgiving break that they were working on it. He claimed they started on it before Saint's Row was even in stores. I would assume that means they are pretty far along on it.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']Champaign, IL (where Volition is located) .[/quote]
Damn, I didn't know Volition was so close to me, you and I are damn near neighbors (grew up in Geneseo, seems we played many a football games againt you guys).

I'm stoked, I loved the first one and would snatch a sequal up day 1.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Damn, I didn't know Volition was so close to me, you and I are damn near neighbors (grew up in Geneseo, seems we played many a football games againt you guys).

I'm stoked, I loved the first one and would snatch a sequal up day 1.[/QUOTE]

Ha, my school's team played Geneseo several times. Glenwood High School FTW!

I also had no idea that there was anything in Champaign beyond the university.

[quote name='Matt Young']Ha, my school's team played Geneseo several times. Glenwood High School FTW!

I also had no idea that there was anything in Champaign beyond the university.[/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised. It's a small town but it has most of the stuff that's here in the city. (I lived for 4 years.)

GO ILLINI!

LOL at PSM for running a cover story on the PS3 port of Saint's Row.

I can't believe my friend called that they would cancel the PS3 port. Although, he predicted it was because of GTAIV.

Yea that totally sucks if you have the PS3 but totally awesome for us 360 users. I loved the first one and I hope they do the second one 1 up style.

After playing Crackdown and realized that game lasts no more than 2 hours, it made me gain interest in playing Saints Row. I still have the demo and haven't touched it though (no clue why). I think I am really just going to wait until GTA4 is here.

I just hope they get all of the bugs out of the new one :whistle2:/ AND FIX THE DRIVING WHILE SHOOTING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! It should be a lock-on interface in that mode IMO.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Damn, I didn't know Volition was so close to me, you and I are damn near neighbors (grew up in Geneseo, seems we played many a football games againt you guys).

I'm stoked, I loved the first one and would snatch a sequal up day 1.[/quote]
I grew up and currently live in Metamora. We play you guys in football quite a bit too.

Oh and yeah, Saints Row 2 should be awesome. Hopefully it will come out late enough after GTA IV that it will fill in the void of GTA-style games for awhile.

Hopefully they will balance at the multiplayer. Right now, if you have the AK you're pretty much destined to own everyone until you run out of bullets.

[quote name='linkpwns']Didn't the PC version of San Andreas have online multiplayer? Saints Row wasn't the first in that case...[/QUOTE]
Also I believe the PSP GTAs had it

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Also I believe the PSP GTAs had it[/QUOTE]

and amazingly the psp multiplayer worked much better than the Saints Row one. It utilized the entire city and people didn't teleport around. Granted it was Ad-hoc rather than infrastructure, but.... damn...

Volition fucked up some real good potential. Guess it gives them a reason for a sequel.

All that aside, the single player was very good fun.

I enjoyed the single player a LOT for Saint's Row. We'll see how part2 turns out. I never really played MP anyways, but maybe I will give it a shot.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']lol, I thought this was confirmed awhile ago. I live in Champaign, IL (where Volition is located) and have a friend that works there. He told about way back over Thanksgiving break that they were working on it. He claimed they started on it before Saint's Row was even in stores. I would assume that means they are pretty far along on it.[/quote]

I think the sequel had been hinted at before but hadn't been official until this recent announcement.

Personally, I'm really excited at the potential for a scenario where we get a new GTA game one year and a new Saints Row game the next and so on. I really enjoyed both series so far and welcome the competition between the two.

bread's done
Back