Saints Row 3 + Season Pass + Preorder bonus £14.99 (~$23.50) Activates on Steam (PC)

persibro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Today and tomorrow, Saints Row is on sale on the THQ UK shop for £14.99 (approx. $23.50).

This includes the DLC season pass and the Genki Pre-order bonus. I've bought it and can confirm that the keys register on Steam.

Edit: Link would probably be nice....
http://store.thq.com/store/thq/en_GB/pd/Saints-Row-The-Third/productID.233244200

Also...
[quote name='speedracer']THEY AUTO ADD A DOWNLOAD SERVICE FEE WHEN YOU CHECK OUT. SIMPLY REMOVE IT BEFORE PURCHASE.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nelo Ice']Oo Already have SR3 but I'd love to get the season pass and sell the extra SR3 copy/genki.[/QUOTE]

You actually get 3 separate keys, so that plan does work out.

[quote name='persibro']You actually get 3 separate keys, so that plan does work out.[/QUOTE]

Works for me then hope I can find a buyer for the SR3 key.

$20 was my buy point. $23.50 for the whole thing is a no brainer. Thanks OP! Whole thing registered on Steam no problem.

[quote name='vessey632']Does this work with US Steam? If so this is an immediate purchase.[/QUOTE]
i second that question, as far as i know steam is region locked unless the keys are international keys like the ones sold on green man gaming

Thanks OP. Did a purchase with my Paypal account to skip around having a foreign transaction charge on my credit card. The game activated just fine on my US Steam account and shows up as a normal retail key. All three keys activated without issue.

Disappointed with SR3 as a fan of SR2 and sandbox games. But $20 is a decent buy point.

Note that the Season Pass probably isn't worth the money. I've played three games worth of Volition DLC and they have ALL been garbage. Utter garbage. Don't expect anything good out of the DLC.

Still, I'm a giant glutton for punishment. I'd be happy to paypal a reasonable amount so for their Season Pass code if, for WHATEVER reason, they feel it's not worth it. Hell, between me and selling the SR3 code separately, you could probably turn a profit. PM me if interested.

it works on steam US, just bought my copy and everything activated normally but it came down to $29.22, i use paypal, i guess international fees o_O..

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']it works on steam US, just bought my copy and everything activated normally but it came down to $29.22, i use paypal, i guess international fees o_O..[/QUOTE]

U bought the extended DL service that's why :whistle2:#.

Hey OP, changing the title to something like:

Saints Row 3 + Season Pass + Preorder bonus £14.99 (~$23.50) Activates on Steam

Will help out quite a few people. Also,

THEY AUTO ADD A DOWNLOAD SERVICE FEE WHEN YOU CHECK OUT. SIMPLY REMOVE IT BEFORE PURCHASE.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']U bought the extended DL service that's why :whistle2:#.[/QUOTE]
fuck!!!!!!! yes i just realized that, ohh well, only 6 more dollars

Thanks for posting this.

Just activated everything on my steam account. Downloading now. :)

I don't see Steam beating that price in the holiday sale.

[quote name='Xealot42']Thanks for posting this.

Just activated everything on my steam account. Downloading now. :)

I don't see Steam beating that price in the holiday sale.[/QUOTE]

Considering Amazon only went down to $30 and that didn't include the Season pass I also doubt it. Amazon also had Space Marine for $20 I believe and it's $25 as a daily on Steam today.

Gah, I may as well buy it and try to pawn the code but I know I ain't moving that code any time soon.

This is why I should just pirate. Out $40 for being an early adopter and not getting this deal and a crummy game to boot

[quote name='RollingSkull']Gah, I may as well buy it and try to pawn the code but I know I ain't moving that code any time soon.

This is why I should just pirate. Out $40 for being an early adopter and not getting this deal and a crummy game to boot[/QUOTE]

While I don't agree with the pirating, I do find it frustrating to be an early adopter at a decent price point of $40, and still feel super botched a month or so later with deals like these.

[quote name='speedracer']Hey OP, changing the title to something like:

Saints Row 3 + Season Pass + Preorder bonus £14.99 (~$23.50) Activates on Steam

Will help out quite a few people. Also,

THEY AUTO ADD A DOWNLOAD SERVICE FEE WHEN YOU CHECK OUT. SIMPLY REMOVE IT BEFORE PURCHASE.[/QUOTE]

Realizing now that would probably be a good idea. Title changed, and the download service fee mentioned to the OP.

im thinking about jumping on this. I have never played a saints row game before. Just hearing about it on reddit sparked my interest enough.

Im a huge fan of gta4 and just cause2. For the seriousness and sillyness of both games.

For those who have it, how long is the story? Assuming you go straight through it (which i dont plan on doin)

[quote name='psynide']im thinking about jumping on this. I have never played a saints row game before. Just hearing about it on reddit sparked my interest enough.

Im a huge fan of gta4 and just cause2. For the seriousness and sillyness of both games.

For those who have it, how long is the story? Assuming you go straight through it (which i dont plan on doin)[/QUOTE]
Running through the story wouldn't take long at all. I didn't do that, so I can't say for certain. I'd guess 8-10 hours? I played through the game and almost every side mission and I've got 57 hours in it.

Thank you OP.

$24 seems like a good deal for the game itself, but add three packs of dlc that come out next year and this is the gift that keeps on giving.

Genki gave me a weird error, but otherwise, the "View Available Content" screen successfully shows:
  • FUNTIME! Pack
  • Nyte Blayde Pack
  • Upcoming DLC
  • Upcoming DLC
  • Upcoming DLC
Thanks so much for this CAG find!

whoops didn't see the extended download service when i checked out. Gotta hit up support to see if they will refund it.

Anyone have any experience with thq support?

[quote name='crysis93']anyone want to sell me a genki code :D[/QUOTE]

Same here, that's all I really want from this (already own the game and not interested in the dlc right now)

[quote name='lito88']whoops didn't see the extended download service when i checked out. Gotta hit up support to see if they will refund it.

Anyone have any experience with thq support?[/QUOTE]
you going try get refound for the 5$ you mess up on i try they dont give back they told me its digital rivers you got to call there the ones sold you the game they say we only fix if having trouble and if you not in the UK they may charge you CC full price i watch that i just cout you losses still good deal buy another one and sell it for 30$ you get you money back

[quote name='gamestud']you going try get refound for the 5$ you mess up on i try they dont give back they told me its digital rivers you got to call there the ones sold you the game they say we only fix if having trouble and if you not in the UK they may charge you CC full price i watch that i just cout you losses still good deal buy another one and sell it for 30$ you get you money back[/QUOTE]
they basically screw you expecting people not to notice this uncommon charge for a downloadable backup thingy that isnt even necessary because the game can acivate on steam and steam backs up your games for you why shouldn't thq refund the money if hes never gonna use the service that is snuck onto his cart he should do a chargeback with his CC for get his money back and make a fuss and maybe theyll reufnd him full 30$$$ but maybe this is untenable since its UK if hes USA citizen

Thank you for letting me know about the deal.. I got the game already but not the dlc.. I can gift the game to my friend.

I'll pay $7.50 for a season pass if anyone's looking to get the game itself cheaper but isn't in for the DLC. Just drop me a PM.

[quote name='pablo9000']does paypal work for anyone on that site?
it never asks for details before (what appears to be) the final confirmation[/QUOTE]

That's not final confirmation. Press continue

I am so tempted to pick this up. $24 is a good price, (was really hoping for around $15), and also I still have a lot to play. hmm, decisions, decisions...

I thought Steam didn't like people using out of territory keys. This going to be a problem for anyone not in the UK?

bread's done
Back