Saints Row 4, $37.49 on Amazon.com

Already? Lol, this is the price it should have been at launch, me thinks, but the game itself is leagues better than SR3. I'm loving it so far. It's worth checking out to anyone who hasn't bought it yet.

Already? Lol, this is the price it should have been at launch, me thinks, but the game itself is leagues better than SR3. I'm loving it so far. It's worth checking out to anyone who hasn't bought it yet.
I agree. This game is a blast.

Is this really worth 50?  It's only two months to Black Friday, and I'm sure it (and everything else) will be at least 30 or less.

Time to price match at Best Buy and get my $10 back!
What? Best Buy stopped doing retroactive price matches months ago. You can only price match other retailers at the time of the original purchase and price match best buy itself within 14 days.

I'm gonna have to say it. I loved the game and think it's great fun. I played the crap out of it and am near getting platinum. (If I feel like doing some of the more grindy trophies). However I don't believe it to be worth 50/60 dollars.

Originally the whole Matrix/Alien thing was suppose to be DLC for Third.

Here is a synopsis for the  "Enter the Dominatrix" DLC Pack:

http://manatank.com/2012/05/saints-row-enter-dominatrix/

As much as fun as I had with the game, I had a nagging feeling that it was nothing but a glorified expansion rather than a new game.

What? Best Buy stopped doing retroactive price matches months ago. You can only price match other retailers at the time of the original purchase and price match best buy itself within 14 days.
Price match and purchase at Best Buy (or Amazon .. or Target).

Return it sealed to Best Buy with original receipt (where I purchased it).

$10 back in my pocket.

2enxjpw.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Price match and purchase at Best Buy (or Amazon .. or Target).

Return it sealed to Best Buy with original receipt (where I purchased it).

$10 back in my pocket.

2enxjpw.gif
^ And one return closer to losing your ability to return legitimate merchandise.

Real smooth.

^ And one return closer to losing your ability to return legitimate merchandise.

Real smooth.
Considering it's legitimate merchandise being returned, your reasoning is null and void.

Not like I do this all the time. I very rarely purchase anything at Best Buy.

I'm gonna have to say it. I loved the game and think it's great fun. I played the crap out of it and am near getting platinum. (If I feel like doing some of the more grindy trophies). However I don't believe it to be worth 50/60 dollars.

Originally the whole Matrix/Alien thing was suppose to be DLC for Third.

Here is a synopsis for the "Enter the Dominatrix" DLC Pack:

http://manatank.com/2012/05/saints-row-enter-dominatrix/

As much as fun as I had with the game, I had a nagging feeling that it was nothing but a glorified expansion rather than a new game.
This is I felt about it. I Redbox'd it the day it released and finished 97% of the game in less than 18 hours; by then, the only things I had left to do were a few random collectibles (I hadn't realized you could actually see them on the world map if you used the d-pad, which means I could've finished that even earlier) and the ridiculous challenges (like driving a really, really large distance in alien vehicles, which is stupid given that you have super powers and will end up using them to get around 99% of the game). The Third, on the other hand, kept me busy for 35+ hours.

For me, IV feels like they simply added a darker coat of paint to Steelport and gave you the super powers you had in that one DLC in Third from the get-go, while expanding on them slightly.

This is I felt about it. I Redbox'd it the day it released and finished 97% of the game in less than 18 hours; by then, the only things I had left to do were a few random collectibles (I hadn't realized you could actually see them on the world map if you used the d-pad, which means I could've finished that even earlier) and the ridiculous challenges (like driving a really, really large distance in alien vehicles, which is stupid given that you have super powers and will end up using them to get around 99% of the game). The Third, on the other hand, kept me busy for 35+ hours.

For me, IV feels like they simply added a darker coat of paint to Steelport and gave you the super powers you had in that one DLC in Third from the get-go, while expanding on them slightly.
Pretty much sums it up. I traded my copy in to Hastings for $50 since I stopped playing it. Lost interest in it because it was so similar to The Third and I had played the crap out of The Third to where I just couldn't play anymore without getting bored really fast. It's sad because this game shouldn't have to suffer from Crackdown 2-syndrome, as I like to call it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, it's a rental at best. You'll have your fill after a couple days.

Plus man does it look ugly and dark. Why couldn't they have put in a virtual sun for the entire game?

Loved the game. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised that I'll enjoy SR4 more than GTA V. GTA IV couldn't hold my interest long enough for me to finish it yet SR3 kept me hooked.

The game isn't BAD, per say. It's just more of the same old song and dance.

The poor attempt to "switch it up" with the powers and gateways to the ship and all that crap made it a little less fun for me.. Quests/Missions were pretty weak and did nothing to contribute to my enjoyment of the game, just more tedious than ever and felt like a chore more than a contribution to what the game was supposed to be about.

If you have the patience, it'll be $30 on BF for sure. Just wait. It's the same shit as SR3 with some extra abilities which in my opinion make the game pointlessly easy (and worse as a result).

Loved the game. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised that I'll enjoy SR4 more than GTA V. GTA IV couldn't hold my interest long enough for me to finish it yet SR3 kept me hooked.
Exact same thing happened to me, but I'm loving GTAV right now. I'm surprised since I very much did not like GTA4.

It seems like nowadays, unless it's COD, you can get a game for half off or more within four or five months of its release. So really, there's no point in pre-ordering unless it's a CE with content you can flip to get the game cheap/free (GTAV for example).

The game isn't BAD, per say. It's just more of the same old song and dance.

The poor attempt to "switch it up" with the powers and gateways to the ship and all that crap made it a little less fun for me.. Quests/Missions were pretty weak and did nothing to contribute to my enjoyment of the game, just more tedious than ever and felt like a chore more than a contribution to what the game was supposed to be about.
I honestly got tired of the same old song and dance trying to play the third one. Maybe I'll give this one a shot for $15. This is also the reason I haven't felt like jumping into GTAV at the moment. I'll just wait until it's $20 in case I get bored with it quickly.

It seems like nowadays, unless it's COD, you can get a game for half off or more within four or five months of its release. So really, there's no point in pre-ordering unless it's a CE with content you can flip to get the game cheap/free (GTAV for example).
Or a CE that might be limited where you actually want to...you know...keep the stuff.

Or a CE that might be limited where you actually want to...you know...keep the stuff.
The vast majority of collector's editions are filled with Chinese made junk that's on par with the toys in a dollar store. No way I'd want to keep and display that kind of stuff. The only way a collector's edition is worth buying to keep is when it's on clearance and costs the same as, or like $5 more than the game itself.

What are the odds I can get this at $30 or less within the next 3 months? I'm interested but still not ready to bite at that price.

I think your chances are excellent. We're so close to the holiday season and there will be sales galore!

Gonna be tough to pay more than $30 for this after playing GTAV, especially considering how poorly the game runs on the consoles.

...but good try, Amazon--you almost had my money.  * :applause:

I'll wait for the eventual complete version, especially if the saves between the regular/complete version are not compatible (as was the case with SR3 on the PS3). 

Gonna be tough to pay more than $30 for this after playing GTAV, especially considering how poorly the game runs on the consoles.
I don't know... After completing SR4, I'm playing GTA5 now, and it's fun and all, but not having superpowers is a bit of a comedown. :lol:

And your point is...?
well it doesn't take a genius to know my point... do I really have to hold your hand and explain it to you?

my point clearly was that the price was only valid for 24 hours and if you wanted to purchase purchase it now.

people were saying they can't believe the price was so low so fast.. well it's not a permanent drop

bread's done
Back