Saints Row: The Third $39.99 at Amazon

It seems as though they've take it off the Buy One Get One %50 list, but if you go to the Saints Row the Third listing it still has the tag for the deal on it, and it's not taking the %50 off at check out.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']This game is worth EVERY penny you can throw at it. It's definitely a GotY contender in my book.[/QUOTE]

Ahaha. I platted it, but I wouldn't go that far. It's very fun, but there are a lot of bugs, and one very annoying side mission.

Thanks for this
21.gif

Hmmmm...I have $41 credit and need to decide whether to budge. If I get 3 copies at BB, I will be paying ~ $85 - 50 in Amazon TiC for a net total of $35

[quote name='unluckynumber11']It seems as though they've take it off the Buy One Get One %50 list, but if you go to the Saints Row the Third listing it still has the tag for the deal on it, and it's not taking the %50 off at check out.[/QUOTE]

Quick call to CS took care of that

I was just trying to get this for 50% off since "the ad" (as you'll see referenced below) says its included.

here is my chat with Amazon

Sorry about formatting

You are now connected to Roopa from Amazon.com.
Me:I am trying to take advantage of the buy one get one 50% off game sale. When I add Skyrim (360) and Saints Row the third (360), the promotion doesn't apply. When I remove Saints Row, and add another title, the promotion applies. Even though it says under the game description that this game is included. Here is the link http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-Third-Xbox-360/dp/B004QEV0MI/ref=pd_sim_vg_4

Roopa:Hello, Keith

Me:hello

Roopa:My name is Roopa, How may I help you?

Me:I am trying to take advantage of the buy one get one 50% off game sale. When I add Skyrim (360) and Saints Row the third (360), the promotion doesn't apply. When I remove Saints Row, and add another title, the promotion applies. Even though it says under the game description that this game is included. Here is the link http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-Third-Xbox-360/dp/B004QEV0MI/ref=pd_sim_vg_4

Roopa:Can you hold for a minute or two while I research this for you?

Me:Yes

Roopa: I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I'll just be a moment longer.

Me:eek:kay

Roopa: Thanks so much for waiting..

Me:No problem

Roopa:I checked and see that the Saint's Row: The Third is not listed in the eligible promotional details page.
In order to receive the discount, you'll need to place the order for the items listed on the promotional details page listed below:
http://$$$$$$$/iZnoq
If you prefer, you can try placing the order for the other items listed on this page.

Me:Okay, but why does it show under (on the SR3 page in the link I posted) the description that it is included? . It says "This game, and hundreds of other titles are included in our Buy One Get One 50% Off promotion. Shop now. "

Roopa:May I have the URL of that, please?

Me:http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-Third-Xbox-360/dp/B004QEV0MI/ref=pd_sim_vg_4
Oh, now its gone. Somebody just changed it.. Nice
Okay, nevermind I guess.

Roopa:I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in this case.
If you prefer, you can try placing the order for the other items listed on this page.

Me:No, I still see it.. I'm not sure why its not in the link above.

Roopa:please be assured that we value all of our customers highly, and we appreciate your loyalty. I hope you'll be able to take advantage of one of our future promotions.

Me:Its under where it says "In Stock" in green

Roopa:I'm checking it for you.

Me:https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/screen-capture-3.png?w=b457a464 Here is an image so you can see what I'm seeing

Roopa:I noticed that under the availability information, I was able to find the offer listed as Buy One Get One 50% Off.

Roopa:This is just an advertisement listed on the Video game section and it doesn't mean the item is eligible for the offer. Also, this item is listed on various platforms and it is also possible that this item may be listed on platforms other than Xbox 360.

Me:If that is the case, the ad should be removed. Best Buy is having a buy 2 get one free sale today. I will just get it there. Thank you for your time

[quote name='coolsteel']Quick call to CS took care of that[/QUOTE]

That explains why it changed midway through my conversation with them

[quote name='kiun']yea Best Buy has them for 69.99[/QUOTE]

And part of the B2G1.. hmm my B&M has them but they are damaged due to the spider wrap. Idiots.. i told the gaming lead at my BB that I will NEVER EVER not in a MILLION years buy one of their CE's that has spider wrap on it.

Seems that this is valid online too but it is limit 1 per customer... any other games around ~ $70 that would be a good value to pair with this and then resell? I just want to get the platinum edition as cheap ass possible

[quote name='Garrett67']I was just trying to get this for 50% off since "the ad" (as you'll see referenced below) says its included.

here is my chat with Amazon

Sorry about formatting

You are now connected to Roopa from Amazon.com.

Roopa:Hello, Keith

Me:hello

Roopa:My name is Roopa, How may I help you?

Roopa:Can you hold for a minute or two while I research this for you?

Roopa: I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I'll just be a moment longer.

Me:eek:kay

Roopa: Thanks so much for waiting..

Roopa:I checked and see that the Saint's Row: The Third is not listed in the eligible promotional details page.
In order to receive the discount, you'll need to place the order for the items listed on the promotional details page listed below:
http://$$$$$$$/iZnoq

Me:Okay, but why does it show under (on the SR3 page in the link I posted) the description that it is included? . It says "This game, and hundreds of other titles are included in our Buy One Get One 50% Off promotion. Shop now. "

Roopa:May I have the URL of that, please?

Me:http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-Third-Xbox-360/dp/B004QEV0MI/ref=pd_sim_vg_4
Oh, now its gone. Somebody just changed it.. Nice
Okay, nevermind I guess.

Roopa:I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in this case.

Me:No, I still see it.. I'm not sure why its not in the link above.

Roopa:please be assured that we value all of our customers highly, and we appreciate your loyalty. I hope you'll be able to take advantage of one of our future promotions.

Me:Its under where it says "In Stock" in green

Roopa:I'm checking it for you.

Me:https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/screen-capture-3.png?w=b457a464 Here is an image so you can see what I'm seeing

Roopa:I noticed that under the availability information, I was able to find the offer listed as Buy One Get One 50% Off.

Roopa:This is just an advertisement listed on the Video game section and it doesn't mean the item is eligible for the offer. Also, this item is listed on various platforms and it is also possible that this item may be listed on platforms other than Xbox 360.

Me:If that is the case, the ad should be removed. Best Buy is having a buy 2 get one free sale today. I will just get it there. Thank you for your time[/QUOTE]
The last bit made me laugh. That guy must totally clueless and then some, what could "This game" refer to other than the game of which is listed on that page?

[quote name='unluckynumber11']The last bit made me laugh. That guy must totally clueless and then some, what could "This game" refer to other than the game of which is listed on that page?[/QUOTE]

Exactly.. but I knew they would find a way out of it. It was easy to wait in chat, on the phone they probably would have made me mad.

Game is a blast to play.. I dropped 30+ hours into it. Traded it back to amazon for $33 (I paid $20 for it through best buys 5/100 and a price match on todays sale price).

TIV dropped to $23 today.. glad I locked it in.

I got them to give me the BOGO promo on sr3 and halo. Conversation follows:

You are now connected to Sudarshan from Amazon.com.
Me:I am trying to make a video game purchase and the advertised promotion is not being honored

Sudarshan:Hello, my name is Sudarshan. I'll be happy to help you.

Me:Thank you Sudarshan, my name is Sal. I'm trying to make a purchase but the advertised promotion is not being applied in checkout.
I am trying to buy 2 videogames in the "Buy 1 Get 1 50% off" deal.

Sudarshan:May I have the ASIN or URL of the product you may need to purchase so that I can check it out for you?

Me:But when I go to checkout, the 50% is not being removed from the second game
Sure, please give me a moment
The 2 games are as follows: http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-Th...V0MI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323119894&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Combat-E..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1323119925&sr=1-1

Sudarshan:Thanks Salvatore.
Can you hold for few minutes while I check this for you?

Me:Yes, thank you.

Sudarshan:Thanks so much for waiting.

Sudarshan:please place the order and let me know the order number, so that I can apply promotion for you.

Me:eek:k, one minute please
The order Number is: (edited for privacy)

Sudarshan:Thanks.
Can you hold for a moment while I apply promotion for you?

Me:Yes, thank you!
I am in my account and saw the promotion applied, thank you very much Sudarshan!

Sudarshan:Thanks so much for waiting.
You're welcome Salvatore.
Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Me:No, that will be all, thank you again, have a great day!

Sudarshan:Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!
Happy holidays.

Me:You too

so i guess it's YMMV

[quote name='Garrett67']I want to talk to Sudarshan[/QUOTE]

lol im sure if you keep trying you can get someone who will help you (maybe it has to be a game priced lower than saints row so the already discounted sr doesnt get ANOTHER discount?)

sooo many damn games, this is a tough decision!!! I think i ll pass it, but it sucks that i have to. Will buy it early 2012, cauz there arent great game coming out

[quote name='saldogg']lol im sure if you keep trying you can get someone who will help you (maybe it has to be a game priced lower than saints row so the already discounted sr doesnt get ANOTHER discount?)[/QUOTE]

That is what I'm thinking. I'm trying Skyrim and SR3 but SR3 is already $20 off. I'm trying now again but its not going well.

[quote name='GBAstar'] Seems that this is valid online too but it is limit 1 per customer... any other games around ~ $70 that would be a good value to pair with this and then resell? I just want to get the platinum edition as cheap ass possible[/QUOTE]get 1 PS3 LE, 1 X360 LE version & 1 PS3 reg. version for $140 online. Sell the unwanted LE version for $70 & the reg version for $50 on CL to get $120. $20 + tax on the $140 for it basically better than BF.

Winning

Just got Skyrim and Saints Row The third for $69.98 , They applied the discount to Skyrim , so I actually saved more that way

You are now connected to Manohar from Amazon.com.
Me:I am trying to make a video game purchase and the advertised promotion is not being honored

Manohar:Hello, my name is Manohar. I’m sorry to hear about this. I’ll be glad to help you.
Could you please help me with the name of the video game?

Me:Yes, I have them in my cart . One is Elder Scrolls: Skyrim for Xbox 360 and the other is Saints Row: The Third for Xbox 360
But when I go to checkout, the 50% is not being removed from the second game

Manohar:Thank you, please hold on while I research on this.

Me:Thank you Manohar

Manohar:Keith, please confirm me where you have seen this 50% of advertising promotion.

Me:One moment please
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...1_grlink_1?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000755691

Manohar:Thank you. Please give me one more moment.

Me:You're welcome

Manohar:Thank you for waiting, Keith.

Me:Not a problem

Manohar:Could you please confirm me whether you have selected the game Saint's Row: The Third from the same list in the link or seperately.

Me:Originally I did but that is a long list to go through again

Manohar:Okay Keith. As the order says, I'll deduct the 50% amount on the second game Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Please go ahead and place the order.

Me:Here is a link to the game, it even says "this Game and hundreds more are included" http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-Th..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1323122388&sr=1-1
oh, okay.. sorry

Manohar:Thank you for your help, Keith.

Me:Will I get charged full price if I place the order? They are already in my cart

Manohar:Yes Keith. Once finished placing the order, I'll reduce the price.

Me:Okay , thank you Manohar. One moment please

Manohar:You' re welcome. Okay.

Me:Okay, the order has been placed

Manohar:I have reduced the price, Keith.

Me:Thank you so much for your help Manohar.
I see the change, thank you!

Manohar:You’re welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Me:No, you have been very helpful. Thank you

Manohar:You're welcome. Thank you for contacting Amazon. We hope to see you again. Have a great day. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Me:Happy Holidays to you too ! :)

I'm betting all of you guys are on Amazon chatting with a rep. It took me a couple of tries and I can't believe he took the 50% off Skyrim and not Saints Row.

He saved me more money that way. $30 vs $20

SR3 was a huge disappointment for me. Much less fun than GTA4 and SR2. Even JC2. Just felt like bottom of the barrel as a sandbox.

That said, the polish is there, even if the content isn't, and I'll be damned if the Decker skater phase-shifting girls aren't the coolest* enemies in third person shooting games in a long, LONG time. There is merit to it. $30 is acceptable but if I were you, I'd hold until $20. Your call though.

The PC version is Steamworks through and through, DD or retail box and runs quite well for me.

Also pushes the DLC to the limits, cutting several of SR2's more brilliant cheats (Evil Cars, Low Gravity, Infinite Car Mass) for paid DLC. Don't let anyone tell you the cheats are unlockable in game. There ARE cheats in game but many have been pulled. I do not recommend buying into the Season Pass as well just because SR2 had really awful DLC missions, as did RFG and RFA from the same developer. No sense betting on it too quick.

Also the hottest if you like the emo look

[quote name='Garrett67']Winning

Just got Skyrim and Saints Row The third for $69.98 , They applied the discount to Skyrim , so I actually saved more that way

You are now connected to Manohar from Amazon.com.

Manohar:Hello, my name is Manohar. I’m sorry to hear about this. I’ll be glad to help you.
Could you please help me with the name of the video game?

Me:Yes, I have them in my cart . One is Elder Scrolls: Skyrim for Xbox 360 and the other is Saints Row: The Third for Xbox 360
But when I go to checkout, the 50% is not being removed from the second game

Manohar:Thank you, please hold on while I research on this.

Me:Thank you Manohar

Manohar:Keith, please confirm me where you have seen this 50% of advertising promotion.

Me:One moment please
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...1_grlink_1?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000755691

Manohar:Thank you. Please give me one more moment.

Me:You're welcome

Manohar:Thank you for waiting, Keith.

Me:Not a problem

Manohar:Could you please confirm me whether you have selected the game Saint's Row: The Third from the same list in the link or seperately.

Me:Originally I did but that is a long list to go through again

Manohar:Okay Keith. As the order says, I'll deduct the 50% amount on the second game Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Please go ahead and place the order.

Me:Here is a link to the game, it even says "this Game and hundreds more are included" http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-Th..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1323122388&sr=1-1
oh, okay.. sorry

Manohar:Thank you for your help, Keith.

Me:Will I get charged full price if I place the order? They are already in my cart

Manohar:Yes Keith. Once finished placing the order, I'll reduce the price.

Me:Okay , thank you Manohar. One moment please

Manohar:You' re welcome. Okay.

Me:Okay, the order has been placed

Manohar:I have reduced the price, Keith.

Me:Thank you so much for your help Manohar.
I see the change, thank you!

Manohar:You’re welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Me:No, you have been very helpful. Thank you

Manohar:You're welcome. Thank you for contacting Amazon. We hope to see you again. Have a great day. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Me:Happy Holidays to you too ! :)[/QUOTE]
i love how you copied the guy that was successful's mannerisms, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Garrett67']Winning

Just got Skyrim and Saints Row The third for $69.98 , They applied the discount to Skyrim , so I actually saved more that way[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Garrett67']I'm betting all of you guys are on Amazon chatting with a rep. It took me a couple of tries and I can't believe he took the 50% off Skyrim and not Saints Row.

He saved me more money that way. $30 vs $20[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this, it worked for me too! I had Skyrim and Saints Row in my cart and the promotion still wasn't working from when you tried. So I pulled up cs chat and the guy told me to place the order and he would adjust the price for me. After he did he asked me to check my order and when I did Skyrim was $29.99!

[quote name='twztid13']i love how you copied the guy that was successfuls's mannerisms, lol.[/QUOTE]

I went a step further than that, I actually copied one of his lines .

I'm no dummy!

[quote name='Garrett67']I went a step further than that, I actually copied one of his lines .

I'm no dummy![/QUOTE]
i feel that. when you find something that works....use it!

Cool thanks OP :)

Bought SR:TT and Tekken Hybrid for $60 total, great deal.

Chat:

You are now connected to Anjana from Amazon.com.
Me:I have two games in my cart and I wanted to use the Buy One Get one 50% off sale, but it's not updating in my cart.
Anjana:Hello, my name is Anjana. I'll be happy to help you.
Matthew, I am sorry for the trouble.
May I know the link of the sale please?
Me:http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...1_grlink_1?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000755691
Anjana:Thanks.
Can you hold for a minute or two while I research this for you?
Me:Sure.
Thanks for waiting.
Matthew, please place the order I'll apply the 50% off on 1 game.
Me:Okay thanks a lot.
Anjana:please place the order now.
Me:I just ordered it.
Order Number: 002-3772805-6322646
Allow me a moment.
Thanks for waiting.
Matthew, I've adjusted the price, please check your order.
Me:Okay I see it, thank you very much for your help.
Anjana:You are welcome.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Me:No that's it, thanks again!
Anjana:Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!
Have a wonderful day, bye.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Would you guys think it could drop to somewhere around $30~$35 before Christmas? Or it might be hard?[/QUOTE]

I would think it would be hard to find a better deal than this before christmas. You might have luck after christmas but 40 for a one month old game is pretty darn good.

If SWTOR didn't come out in a week (with early access), I probably would buy this but I'm still only 6 hours into Skyrim and I have to pick that up after I finish the campaigns of all the other games that came out.

Geeze, it's gonna take till summer to recover from all the great games this fall (adding in Diablo 3, ME3 and FF13-2 next year)

Have to ask this cause I just remebered and read an article. Isnt cheapyD suppose to be in this game? I just read the joystiq article and they said hes suppose to be dlc, but the article was written when cheapy donated the money in order to become part of the game. CHEAPY IF YOU READ THIS, PLEASE RESPOND!

Need some feedback here. Would it be worth buying it now that it's at $39.99, considering that I'm soon receiving Batman: Arkham City and White Knight Chronicles II?

What's the replay value on this? (I got Dark Souls and I'm over 230h invested already and I'm still on NG).

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Need some feedback here. Would it be worth buying it now that it's at $39.99, considering that I'm soon receiving Batman: Arkham City and White Knight Chronicles II?

What's the replay value on this? (I got Dark Souls and I'm over 230h invested already and I'm still on NG).[/QUOTE]

its an open sandbox game that doesnt take anything too serious and is all about the fun. After the story theres side missions and crap. When has a great sandbox game only last 5 or less hours. This was my second most wanted game the second half of the year, right behind batman. Totally worth $75, let alone 40.

Hate to say it but I took advantage of Best Buys B2G1 as they had Saint Rows 3 and Halo Anniversary for 39.99 each and then I picked up portal 2. I had a $50 gift card that I got for free from my credit card rewards program. The total came out to 36 bucks with taxes. Literally 12 bucks for each game. Good score i must say. lol

[quote name='CaoPi']Doesn't STACK with B1G1 50% off, no buy for me...[/QUOTE]

It did when it first went on sale. It won't be long before it's part of a permanent bogo or on sale by itself for even cheaper.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Need some feedback here. Would it be worth buying it now that it's at $39.99, considering that I'm soon receiving Batman: Arkham City and White Knight Chronicles II?

What's the replay value on this? (I got Dark Souls and I'm over 230h invested already and I'm still on NG).[/QUOTE]
This was the only game that I really wanted from the line up besides Battlefield 3 which was a little disappointing, and Batman which was well worth it, but I must admit that this game doesn't have the replay value as some other Sandbox games. The campaign starts out pretty awesome but a lot of plot points happen fairly early if you care for that sorta thing and after the campaign is done then ur left wondering what to do next while u clothesline an old lady and drop kick a mascot, then you realize that you spend 2 hours just fucking around Steelport. So to sum it all up, it ends too soon but if you want mindless fun then this is a buy, but then again it will probably drop even lower during the holidays or after New Years if you can wait for those price drops. the lack of competitive multiplayer hurts it since this game pretty much encourages dickish behavior and what better place for dicks than on an online brawl with huge dicks as weapons

you guys think I could get walmart to price match this but from bestbuy? Reason since I have a gift card there

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Wasn't Saints Row: The Third supposed to come with Saints Row 2 for purchases made before February?[/QUOTE]

1.) The deal's dead, no need to bump it.
2.) Only on the PS3. If you have the PS3 version, log onto PSN and try to download the Saints Row 2 full game. It will say free.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']this game is worth every penny you can throw at it. It's definitely a goty contender in my book.[/quote]
+ 100000

bread's done
Back