Saints Row The Third $39.99 at BestBuy.com & In-Store

[quote name='spicoli420']I just locked in my amazon trade in at the $33 price. I ordered mario kart, mario land and sr3 all for $86. the 3ds games will be christmas presents for my son and will try out sr3 before sending it in to amazon. Not a bad deal[/QUOTE]
lucky you. At $25 for 2, it would make my final paying price for the game $35.60. Not really much of a deal for me now

That's weird....I was just looking at the website and the ad for this week has Saints Row in it but it's advertised at $59.99

This must be an online only deal....?

[quote name='MikeE021286']PS3 version looks like the one to get hands down. Better performance plus free Saints Row 2

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-saints-row-the-third-analysis/[/QUOTE]

Performance wise it looks like the PS3 wins but graphics wise it is negligible. My biggest issue is LoT never does a 360 install (except RAGE in recent memory) since it is optional yet SR3 has a beefy 4.1 GB mandatory install on the PS3. How can you not at least install the game on the 360 and run your performance tests again? I will stick with the 360 because I only really do console exclusive on the PS3 but it sounds like the PS3 is the better way to go especially if you do not own SR2 yet.

Buy 3 copies of this, trade 2 back to BB with their 40% promo(50% w/ Gamer's Club Unlocked) and keep the third copy to play through for around $8 plus tax.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Buy 3 copies of this, trade 2 back to BB with their 40% promo(50% w/ Gamer's Club Unlocked) and keep the third copy to play through for around $8 plus tax.[/QUOTE]

Buy them with Discover Cashback at 10% (79.99 x 10% = 7.99) and you get it for free!

edit: what is the SR3 TIV at BB?

Except I don't have the Discover card and I already own this game. It only cost me this price at launch thanks to a $20 promo credit from buying another game from Amazon AND I got it delivered on launch day for $.99.;)

[quote name='MikeE021286']Buy them with Discover Cashback at 10% (79.99 x 10% = 7.99) and you get it for free!

edit: what is the SR3 TIV at BB?[/QUOTE]

$23 PS3, $25 360 + 50% bonus would be $34.50 & 37.50. So, if you get 2 360 ones and trade them back, your 3rd $39.99 game would only cost you around $5 +tax on the $79.98.

[quote name='sassylaurie']$23 PS3, $25 360 + 50% bonus would be $34.50 & 37.50. So, if you get 2 360 ones and trade them back, your 3rd $39.99 game would only cost you around $5 +tax on the $79.98.[/QUOTE]
The nice thing is your 3rd game doesnt necessarily have to be a $39.99 game.

It's essentially ~$35 off any game you want.

Here's the rub though....I don't think that trade in deal will work at Best Buy stores because they are not selling Saints Row at the store at that price. You are buying it from their online site. The games gonna be $59.99 in the stores still.

Might be a YMMV thing, but worth a shot.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Being a PS3/360 owner, it's some times hard to pick which version to get. In this case it looks like PS3 version for me since it apparently has a DL code for the full Saints Row 2 game. Sweet deal.

Gonna grab Ultimate MvC3 and something else.[/QUOTE]

PS3 is the better version of the 2, runs much better than the 360 version.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Buy 3 copies of this, trade 2 back to BB with their 40% promo(50% w/ Gamer's Club Unlocked) and keep the third copy to play through for around $8 plus tax.[/QUOTE]

how do you get the additional 40% trade-in promo?

to get 40% u gotta get another game for $39.99. You should trade all 3 copies back and buy Saints row 3 again. lol

[quote name='kouleefoh']to get 40% u gotta get another game for $39.99. You should trade all 3 copies back and buy Saints row 3 again. lol[/QUOTE]
That deal expired on the 3rd.

I literally bought the game in-store at Best Buy this evening w/credit for $59.99. Anyone know if I can get the difference credited back? Not sure what their price-match policy is.
Thanks for any insight.

[quote name='ViolentLee']I literally bought the game in-store at Best Buy this evening w/credit for $59.99. Anyone know if I can get the difference credited back? Not sure what their price-match policy is.
Thanks for any insight.[/QUOTE]

yeah, you have 30 days or 45 if youre silver to get it adjusted.

Thanks OP and contributors. I bought:

Saints Row 3
Halo CE
Gears of War 3 Limited Edition

for $106 total. I paid with promotional certificates and giftcards.

I know it doesn't make sense to buy a $60 game and two $40 games, but I don't have time to flip until Thursday and I have a feeling the Saints Row 3 TIV will drop by then. :)

Someone in this thread mentioned AC: R being $40 at Walmart, a brief look at their website says they also have Sonic Generations for $40, so I'm hoping to pick up these 2 with SR3. Gonna check it out tomorrow, will post findings. (Their weekly ad is kinda.. unspecific). $80/3 = ~$27 + tax each, which I'd be happy with. Either this, or the K-mart PM idea..

Thanks for posting this, OP! I was looking for another 39.99 game to take advantage of B2G1 and this works great! Saints Row The Third, Mario Kart 7, and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for $76.xx after B2g1 and $10 in RZ certificates.

And the backlog grows ever larger...

[quote name='GarrettJD']Thanks for posting this, OP! I was looking for another 39.99 game to take advantage of B2G1 and this works great! Saints Row The Third, Mario Kart 7, and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for $76.xx after B2g1 and $10 in RZ certificates.

And the backlog grows ever larger...[/QUOTE]
Exactly the same games I am going to get. Debated on Starfox 64 3D, but I'm sure that'll be available for $25 down the line. Mario Kart, on the other hand, never seems to drop in price.

does best buy allow you to pm AND do the b2g1 together?
for example: i buy 2 games and price match it with lets say walmart and also pick up saints row. would i qualify for the buy 2 get 1 free deal? or is it a Either/Or type of situation?

I picked up Skyward Sword Le with my employee discount. I wonder if I pm'ed the offer, would I have to pay full price for Zelda. I'm going to find out at work today. Thanks OP.

I'm thinking about picking up House Of The Dead Overkill: Extended Cut, and Saints Row the Third.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='r3zzy']does best buy allow you to pm AND do the b2g1 together?
for example: i buy 2 games and price match it with lets say walmart and also pick up saints row. would i qualify for the buy 2 get 1 free deal? or is it a Either/Or type of situation?[/QUOTE]

No, it's either/or unless you managed to find a super lenient BB.

[quote name='darkvulture']buy 3 saints rows 84 total
trade in 2 right back to bb of them plus 50% bonus for total of 75[/QUOTE]or buy 3 then sell 2 on CL for $50 each($100 total cash) & get paid to "buy" the game.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']That, or use the Warhammer coupon from @Gamer to knock it down to $40.
For those of you who haven't picked up Catherine, using the @Gamer coupon and getting it with this sale might be the way to go.
Don't forget to post-purchase PM if you bought this game as part of the Buy 5 Get $100 back.[/QUOTE]once they scan the coupon the b2g1 goes away unless you have enough games to fulfill the b2g1 w/o it

[quote name='MikeE021286']Basically if you buy 3 copies and trade two into Amazon you can get the game for $20[/QUOTE]^^^ CL man get $

[quote name='MikeE021286']This must be an online only deal....?[/QUOTE]non ad deal & BB pm's BB.com so it's also in-stores.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Buy 3 copies of this, trade 2 back to BB with their 40% promo(50% w/ Gamer's Club Unlocked) and keep the third copy to play through for around $8 plus tax.[/QUOTE]^^^ sell on CL you make $ not spend it for this deal.

[quote name='MikeE021286']Here's the rub though....I don't think that trade in deal will work at Best Buy stores because they are not selling Saints Row at the store at that price. You are buying it from their online site. The games gonna be $59.99 in the stores still. Might be a YMMV thing, but worth a shot.[/QUOTE]BB pm's BB.com but play it safe & get 4 games then return 1.

[quote name='r3zzy']does best buy allow you to pm AND do the b2g1 together?
for example: i buy 2 games and price match it with lets say walmart and also pick up saints row. would i qualify for the buy 2 get 1 free deal? or is it a Either/Or type of situation?[/QUOTE]If you buy enough to cover the b2g1 your cool.

[quote name='CaoPi']buy 3 flip 2 to craigslist, tempting...[/QUOTE]:applause::applause::applause: U tryin to get paid for "buying" a game.

The 360 version plays great, I can attest to that. The only buyer beware I would toss out is that the game does have a limited amount of content for an open world game. I beat the SP missions and all of the side missions (but not the cell phone call missions that don't reward you much of anything) in under 20 hours. It is still worth nabbing when you consider this price point and B2G1F sale.

[quote name='Ionotropic']can't come up with a third $40 game... (saints row 3 + mario kart 7 + ?)[/QUOTE]

You have a PS3 Move? House of The Dead: Extended Cut looks amazing. I can't wait to play this with my girlfriend. I"m going to get Saints Row The Third for my sister as a christmas present. Definitely getting that on the PS3 for the online modes ;)

So I take it Craigs List is the way to go for reselling? Amazon charges fees I take it like ebay? (I've never sold on there). Just trying to find the fastest/easiest way.

Edit: nvm I found out Amazon's charges. Is it really easy to sell stuff on CL?

[quote name='kidrocklive']So I take it Craigs List is the way to go for reselling? Amazon charges fees I take it like ebay? (I've never sold on there). Just trying to find the fastest/easiest way.

Edit: nvm I found out Amazon's charges. Is it really easy to sell stuff on CL?[/QUOTE]

It depends on the market man. When TRU had that pricing glitch for Guitar Hero Bundle for $15. I bought two of them. I put one on CL, and I sold it a month or so later for $65. That paid for my textbook ;) So yeah it really depends on the market.

[quote name='Enuf']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293553

If you live in a big city or state with high tax people will shell out $10 less than MSRP as a deal on a hot ticket game to avoid the tax + MSRP, if you find a non CAG that usually is loyal to GS they/their parents become loyal to you instead if you keep the games coming. PA is only 6% but tax free DE is right next door & it's a big city. I just meet people at the mall parking lot or pizza place get my cash they get sealed game & call my cell right there so they know they can get me on the phone again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I threw one up on CL for $45. Figured if I can sell both the game is free which is my goal. I'll see how it goes.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Is this price online only or in store too? I'd rather not use the website unless I have to for the sake of picking it up now.[/QUOTE]

They'll price the website for you so I'm assuming it should be the same price in stores as well.

I haven't tried stacking a sale with the TIV bonus yet.

If I get three copies of SR3, keep one for myself then trade two in on another transaction, can I do the b2g1 again on that transaction or is it an unstackable promotion?

(ie: get sr3 for $6 or whatever then use the trade in credit on 3 3DS games?)

[quote name='Byakurai']I haven't tried stacking a sale with the TIV bonus yet.

If I get three copies of SR3, keep one for myself then trade two in on another transaction, can I do the b2g1 again on that transaction or is it an unstackable promotion?

(ie: get sr3 for $6 or whatever then use the trade in credit on 3 3DS games?)[/QUOTE]
you'd get a gift card for the trade in transaction and then you can use that gift card for another

Just out of curiosity, does BB accept trade-ins from games that I've bought from them on the spot? Like IATCG said, can some one buy 3 games and trade in 2 right away? I recall reading something on the BB trade-in thread a long while ago that a lady refused to take in the trade in because they just bought it there.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Is this price online only or in store too? I'd rather not use the website unless I have to for the sake of picking it up now.[/QUOTE]

It's in-store as well. If you go to checkout you get the option of selecting in-store pickup

[quote name='ewiz06']It's in-store as well. If you go to checkout you get the option of selecting in-store pickup[/QUOTE]

yeah but is it in-store too? I just want to walk in, pick em up and go.

Just got two copies of SR3 for 360 and one for PS3 all for the price of 84.78 at my local Best Buy.

I just wish they came with the Professor Genki pack, but I'm still very happy with what I have.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah but is it in-store too? I just want to walk in, pick em up and go.[/QUOTE]
I see. Not sure, but I assume it would be. If it doesn't ring up at $39.99 at the register, then all you would have to do is go to the customer service desk and tell them to pull it up online where it will show the $39.99 price. They will definitely honor that.

Such an insanely over-the-top fun game! Can't recommend it enough. Already got it on PC. Gotta love DirectX 11!

Bought a zelda 3ds, used the gift card on three copies of sr3, then flipped those for two copies of mk7 and Mario 3D land. Was Hoping to find either cave story or devil survivor but no such luck!

Either way. With the $20 holiday certificate (see the thread) and gamer club unlocked, I ended up with the system and five games for just shy of $240

wait the xbox TIV is 25 and the ps3 TIV is 23 for SR3 so is it the same in store?
and can i do the trade in right after i pick up my game? will they take the sealed SR3 or do i have to unwrap it?

Well crap. Lego Harry Potter is not eligible for the B2G1? I have it ordered at Amazon for $35 but it won't be here until after Xmas. I need to get it for my Nephew. I wonder if this has anything to do with the @Gamer mag coupons?

Well it looks like every version is eligible EXCEPT the 360 version?

bread's done
Back