Saints Row The Third $39.99 at BestBuy.com & In-Store

I got the Halo Anniversary and two Saints Row 3. One for me and one TBD. I will wait and see what success people have with these trade ins or I will give it to my cousin for Christmas. Either way, Saints Row 3 for 26.67? That's Top Notch black Friday quality.

[quote name='folkmojo']I am waiting for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Well it is technically less than this if you combine it with 2 other $39.99 games this week.

1 person has reported getting the B2G1 deal to work on the more expensive game being rung up last. Has anybody else had any luck?

[quote name='Donut2922']1 person has reported getting the B2G1 deal to work on the more expensive game being rung up last. Has anybody else had any luck?[/QUOTE]

the maxium is $69.99. Saints Row 3 platinum edition is that price, so if you wanted that it can be part of the b2g1. Comes with those headphones and a genki code.

Anyone have an opinion on whether this is better as a console game or pc game? The direct download on steam has been on sale at amazon for 40$ for a while now and I"m not sure which version is the one to get. It seems like the series has a more console pedigree...

[quote name='billydeewilliams']has anyone actually gone into a B&M store and saw this on sale? or is this just an online sale price?[/QUOTE]

It is the same price in store.

[quote name='Donut2922']1 person has reported getting the B2G1 deal to work on the more expensive game being rung up last. Has anybody else had any luck?[/QUOTE]

I second this question. Does anyone know if this works? If so that would be awesome.

I'm not getting it to work.

If anybody is getting it to go through like that, it would be great to know how. ;)

Well i just came back from BBY, and here is how it breaks down for me

SR3 is $25 credit on 360, $23 on ps3, so i grabbed 3 copies of 360 SR3 and paid $85.xx

Went back to gaming area, traded in 2 copies (my kid wanted one), and got $75 credit.

Picked up uncharted 3, madden 12, mw3 and paid $52.xx

So i nabbed 4 games for $137.xx Ill take that as a savings when they were all $60 last week so $100 off essentially, or as my son pointed out, i got SR3 for 9 bucks.

Gamestop in the same parking lot as best buy where im at was doing 50% bonus on all game trades. Bought 3 xbox saints row from best buy for 80. Traded 2 to gamestop for 25+ 50%+10% unlocked for a total of 80. Ended up with one saints row for the cost if sales tax

[quote name='Raccoon2117']I'm not getting it to work.

If anybody is getting it to go through like that, it would be great to know how. ;)[/QUOTE]

What did you try?

The deal requires each game to at least be $29.99 and up. Since this is a new promo compared to the B2G1 GCU coupon, the $29.99 may be required for any game even after discount.

[quote name='Ramandur']Gamestop in the same parking lot as best buy where im at was doing 50% bonus on all game trades. Bought 3 xbox saints row from best buy for 80. Traded 2 to gamestop for 25+ 50%+10% unlocked for a total of 80. Ended up with one saints row for the cost if sales tax[/QUOTE]

I haven't traded in anything to GS for months now (I could see your reasoning to do this since going back to BB would be way obvious). After trading in to AMZ and BB for the last 6 months, GS credit just hasn't been worth the trouble for me.

[quote name='Donut2922']I haven't traded in anything to GS for months now (I could see your reasoning to do this since going back to BB would be way obvious). After trading in to AMZ and BB for the last 6 months, GS credit just hasn't been worth the trouble for me.[/QUOTE]

They have a buy 2 get 1 used promo starting later this week so I figure should be a couple good flips back to bestbuy then

Great deal. My son had been bugging me about SR3 daily for the past week, but I was not paying full retail. Got SR3, Pokemon Battle something for my youngest boy for the 3DS and the new Zelda for the 3DS all for less than $85.00.

[quote name='Donut2922']What did you try?

The deal requires each game to at least be $29.99 and up. Since this is a new promo compared to the B2G1 GCU coupon, the $29.99 may be required for any game even after discount.[/QUOTE]

I tried Skyrim + SR3+ Crysis 2 and then Skyrim + SR3 + Dead Island.

Both times I added one of the more expensive games last into the cart, but Saint's Row 3 got the discount.

Or was that person only talking about in-store for last-added-is-free?

Did in-store pickup for Super Mario Land 3D + Mario Kart 7 and Saints Row The Third free. Not a bad Sunday. Thanks op.

[quote name='jr8rulz']Well i just came back from BBY, and here is how it breaks down for me

SR3 is $25 credit on 360, $23 on ps3, so i grabbed 3 copies of 360 SR3 and paid $85.xx

Went back to gaming area, traded in 2 copies (my kid wanted one), and got $75 credit.

Picked up uncharted 3, madden 12, mw3 and paid $52.xx

So i nabbed 4 games for $137.xx Ill take that as a savings when they were all $60 last week so $100 off essentially, or as my son pointed out, i got SR3 for 9 bucks.[/QUOTE]

My question is...

SR3 is $25 credit on 360 ->traded in 2 copies and got $75 credit. ????

[quote name='onyzukae']My question is...

SR3 is $25 credit on 360 ->traded in 2 copies and got $75 credit. ????[/QUOTE]

50% bonus credit when buying a game $39.99 or greater

[quote name='Ramandur']They have a buy 2 get 1 used promo starting later this week so I figure should be a couple good flips back to bestbuy then[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I forgot about that deal thanks. The GS trade-in thread doesn't mention anything about a 50% TIV promo so I'm guessing you have a situation where it's one of those "GS is competing against BB TIV deals" that are YMMV?

[quote name='Raccoon2117']I tried Skyrim + SR3+ Crysis 2 and then Skyrim + SR3 + Dead Island.

Both times I added one of the more expensive games last into the cart, but Saint's Row 3 got the discount.

Or was that person only talking about in-store for last-added-is-free?[/QUOTE]

He didn't explicitly say, but I'm pretty sure he meant in-store. The website automatically applies the promo to the cheapest game.

After work I'm gonna run home and grab some games to trade. Then I'm gonna use the credit to grab 3 copies of Saints Row 3 and proceed to trade 2 of them and maybe grab Halo anniversary or Dead Rising OTR and some amazon credit.

[quote name='Donut2922']Oh yeah I forgot about that deal thanks. The GS trade-in thread doesn't mention anything about a 50% TIV promo so I'm guessing you have a situation where it's one of those "GS is competing against BB TIV deals" that are YMMV?[/QUOTE]

Yes this gamestop runs one it seems about once a month. Ymmv on if your local has one

[quote name='Raccoon2117']I tried Skyrim + SR3+ Crysis 2 and then Skyrim + SR3 + Dead Island.

Or was that person only talking about in-store for last-added-is-free?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its in store only....

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well it is technically less than this if you combine it with 2 other $39.99 games this week.[/QUOTE]

:roll: That is only a deal if there are 2 other $39.99 games I want to buy or I am willing to flip. Otherwise I am paying $79.98 + Tax for a game I want and two games I used as filler. So, technically, that is more than $29.99 since the only thing I want to buy is Saint Row 3.

I've bought everything I want for new releases except for Saints and Skyrim.

I respect you guys who are willing to put in the effort to game the system, but the closest best buy to me is an hour away. It is just not for me.

Just got back from Best Buy and bought SR3, Skyrim and Rayman. I can confirm that Rayman was my freebie, even though SR3 was the cheapest of the lot at $40.

Thinking back years past... I feel like all the prices were the usual $59.99 MSRP - maybe the system isn't set up for sale prices, viewing SR3 as a normal $60 title.

[quote name='pun123']Also the CE pack with headphones is 69.99, don't know if there worth 30 but they do voice changing.[/QUOTE]

I thought the headphones do not work with Xbox Live or PSN.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I thought the headphones do not work with Xbox Live or PSN.[/QUOTE]

they dont. Find a review on youtube for them. Seem ok. They arent plastic btw. Also dont forgot professor genki codes are alos included in the CE.

Amazon has been pissing me off lately.. They don't price match anything or have any deals. AND WHY IS SANTS ROW 3 FIVE DOLLARS LESS FOR XBOX THEN PS3 ON AMAZON?!!!

Ordered 2xSR3 and Super Mario 3D Land. Will sell one copy on CL or eBay for ~$40 and end up paying about $20 each for the games :) I know there are better flips out there, but I'm pretty happy with this deal.

I have the feeling Amazon won't be price matching this deal.. Because of that buy one get one 50% off thing they have going on.

I remain not a huge fan of SR3. It feels like a third the game SR2 was with twice the polish. (Someone else's phrasing, not mine.)

The PC port runs quite well though and it's still a big city destruction sandbox game if you like that sort of thing (And there's no reason NOT to.).

[quote name='superhippy1986']Amazon has been pissing me off lately.. They don't price match anything or have any deals. AND WHY IS SANTS ROW 3 FIVE DOLLARS LESS FOR XBOX THEN PS3 ON AMAZON?!!![/QUOTE]

Pipe down.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I remain not a huge fan of SR3. It feels like a third the game SR2 was with twice the polish. (Someone else's phrasing, not mine.)

The PC port runs quite well though and it's still a big city destruction sandbox game if you like that sort of thing (And there's no reason NOT to.).[/QUOTE]
yea i c what you mean, SR2 definitely had more content but regardless I still enjoyed Saints Row 3 to no end; it's probably because it was the only game out there that didn't take itself so seriously and was a blast to go through. I wish it had some kind of competitive multiplayer, going at each others throats with hover jets and hover bikes and purple dildos would have been hilariously intense.

Bought 3 of these via in-store pickup for $84.Xx, traded them in for $96, used the credit w/ B2G1 to get Saints Row 3, Rsyman Origins, and Mario Mart 7. My total monetary commitment came to 93.Xx, or $31.xx per game. I'm a very happy CAG right now.

[quote name='AwRy108']Bought 3 of these via in-store pickup for $84.Xx, traded them in for $96, used the credit w/ B2G1 to get Saints Row 3, Rsyman Origins, and Mario Mart 7. My total monetary commitment came to 93.Xx, or $31.xx per game. I'm a very happy CAG right now.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, you at least went to a different BBY to do the trade. Purchasing from and then instantly trading back to the same store in the same visit is a good way to get banned from future trades at BBY.

bread's done
Back