Saints Row The Third $39.99 at BestBuy.com & In-Store

[quote name='superhippy1986']Amazon has been pissing me off lately.. They don't price match anything or have any deals. AND WHY IS SANTS ROW 3 FIVE DOLLARS LESS FOR XBOX THEN PS3 ON AMAZON?!!![/QUOTE]

Probably because the PS3 version is superior and you also get a free digital copy of SR2 with the PS3 version, but not the 360 version. This likely translates to higher sales volume for the PS3 version over the 360 version @ Amazon. You don't discount the one selling the most, you discount the one selling the least.

[quote name='twinton']Hopefully, you at least went to a different BBY to do the trade. Purchasing from and then instantly trading back to the same store in the same visit is a good way to get banned from future trades at BBY.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. If you purchase the games at the front registers, simply walk to you car, unwrap them, go back into the store and trade them in at the video game area (it's in the back of the store at my location). They would have no idea. It is still always a bit suspicious though when you trade in 3 identical titles for the same system, especially when the game is not even a month old.

just some food for thought. RF:A is $39.99 plus has a $20 coupon in the gamer mag. You should be able to buy a RF:A and a SR3 and whatever other $39.99 game you want and pay $60 total. At least this is what the gaming guy at the store I went to today said I could do. I will go back later with my mag to try it. I am going to get RF:A halo anniversary and SR3 for $20 each

[quote name='Ionotropic']can't come up with a third $40 game... (saints row 3 + mario kart 7 + ?)[/QUOTE]

Exactly my issue. I want Saints Row 3, Mario Kart 7, and hmmm. I have about everything else there is I would want. Maybe another 3DS game or something. I am open for suggestions, but I have about everything. I am thinking of simply selling my Skyrim on PS3 because of all the latest developments of how it sucks so bad after 60+ Hours of play. I dont want to get that deep in the game and it start crapping on me.

doh! and this is why i should check cag every morning. I went to bestbuy and got the b2g1f for ultimate mvc3, splinter cell tril and mgs tril. need to go back and pm sr3 tomorrow now, hopefully this is a full week sale. peace cag

[quote name='smashngrab77']just some food for thought. RF:A is $39.99 plus has a $20 coupon in the gamer mag. You should be able to buy a RF:A and a SR3 and whatever other $39.99 game you want and pay $60 total. At least this is what the gaming guy at the store I went to today said I could do. I will go back later with my mag to try it. I am going to get RF:A halo anniversary and SR3 for $20 each[/QUOTE]

Well RF:A really isn't a good buy even at 20 or as a kick in on the deal. It's definitely not trade bait, since BB gives only 5 credit for it. Gamefly has had it on sale a couple of times in recent weeks for 7 or 8 bucks. I got it basically for $1 from Gamefly and it's worth about that.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Probably because the PS3 version is superior and you also get a free digital copy of SR2 with the PS3 version, but not the 360 version. This likely translates to higher sales volume for the PS3 version over the 360 version @ Amazon. You don't discount the one selling the most, you discount the one selling the least.[/QUOTE]
Is the PS3 version really better? I thought that the 360 was the lead platform.

[quote name='AwRy108']Bought 3 of these via in-store pickup for $84.Xx, traded them in for $96, used the credit w/ B2G1 to get Saints Row 3, Rsyman Origins, and Mario Mart 7. My total monetary commitment came to 93.Xx, or $31.xx per game. I'm a very happy CAG right now.[/QUOTE]

Where did you trade them in for $96 in store credit?

[quote name='Optical']Is the PS3 version really better? I thought that the 360 was the lead platform.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the PS3 version is better. Not sure why you thought the 360 was the lead platform, the 360 version has a LOT of screen tearing if you set vsync off, and if you turn it on I think it still has screen tearing.. it's just lessened, but that enables framerate issues. PS3 has no screen tearing and any frame rate issues are minimal (if there are any?) compared to 360.

I figured the 360 version would have pretty bad screen tearing even before the game was released, there was a lot of it in the initiation station demo, where as the PS3 had zero in the initiation station.

[quote name='Optical']Is the PS3 version really better? I thought that the 360 was the lead platform.[/QUOTE]

Graphics are close but the performance is better on the PS3 according to Lens of Truth

[quote name='streydogg781']cant wait until all you hoarders take a loss on all your copies of sr3 lol[/QUOTE]

Why are you so mad? Seriously it won't hurt you if you want a copy...

I went in yesterday and saw that they have a shit ton of copies for the :360: at least so while the trade value will plummet people will still be able to sell it for cost via Craigs List/eBay/Amazon Market

[quote name='streydogg781']cant wait until all you hoarders take a loss on all your copies of sr3 lol[/QUOTE]

pretty sure that won't happen....

[quote name='joshnorm']Why are you so mad? Seriously it won't hurt you if you want a copy...

I went in yesterday and saw that they have a shit ton of copies for the :360: at least so while the trade value will plummet people will still be able to sell it for cost via Craigs List/eBay/Amazon Market[/QUOTE]

Yup especially since wally gone reichy with their pm policy.

It's amazing how easy it has become to get pretty much any game for effectively under $20 within 1 month of release with limited to no legwork.

okay, what am I doing wrong? I am adding saints row the thrid, wwe 12 and dance central 2 to my cart and its not giving me one free? I thought it was buy 2 get 1 free?

Just want to say how awful shipping is from Bestbuy.com. Their customer services line is atrocious as well. I would recommend in store pickup.

[quote name='illennium']It's amazing how easy it has become to get pretty much any game for effectively under $20 within 1 month of release with limited to no legwork.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i know, i basically got Batman AC+AA, SaintsRow3, Battlefield 3, NBA2k12 for free and I probably made about 50 bucks.

[quote name='twinton']Hopefully, you at least went to a different BBY to do the trade. Purchasing from and then instantly trading back to the same store in the same visit is a good way to get banned from future trades at BBY.[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy has a separate checkout in the games dept. that handles trades, and the guys that work there could care less what goes on (as it SHOULD be at all Best Buy stores because they pay so poorly). Besides, I tend to be good at reading people, and so I wasn't too concerned--I even told the associate how I flipped the 3 games for an instant profit and he complimented me on my tactics. LOL.

Just got back from a trip from Best Buy. Traded in $108 worth of old games after the 40% and 10%. Initially grabbed 3 SR3 for 360. Then left and went to target with the girl and baby and once we were done stopped back into Best Buy. Traded back 2 SR3 for $75 after the 40% and 10% and grabbed Skyrim and a $50 Kindle card. So SR3, Skyrim and $50 to Amazon for $15 out of pocket and some old games I had beat

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah the PS3 version is better. Not sure why you thought the 360 was the lead platform, the 360 version has a LOT of screen tearing if you set vsync off, and if you turn it on I think it still has screen tearing.. it's just lessened, but that enables framerate issues. PS3 has no screen tearing and any frame rate issues are minimal (if there are any?) compared to 360.

I figured the 360 version would have pretty bad screen tearing even before the game was released, there was a lot of it in the initiation station demo, where as the PS3 had zero in the initiation station.[/QUOTE]
Have you tried doing one of the takedowns in the game on PS3? They're done by running(L2) and tapping either R1 or clicking R3. Certain takedowns(the DDT in particular) look choppy as hell on the PS3 version. Yet I still can't stop doing those(or the 'Bo Duke' carjacking method, run towards car n press triangle while running at window).;)

[quote name='confoosious']You guys ever wonder if they'll just look at your Rz history and your trade in history? And put 2 and 2 together?[/QUOTE]

lol, best buy? the same company that was selling uncharted dual pack for $20 at the same time they were selling the individual titles for $30 a piece and the same company that canNOT manage any aspect of the 5/100 properly? Not really. The third party they have monitoring returns and exchanges? Yeah.

[quote name='atc250es']It's in store also, I got two Mario karts and sr3 for $84.xx after tax.[/QUOTE]

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

so every ps3 copy has a digital copy of sr2? if so im gonna pick the ps3 version up instead of the 360 one

What exactly is the screen tearing thing? Does it just look like waves that goes horizontally on the screen?

I want to get the ps3 version but i don't have a headset on the ps3 and i'm planning to play only co-op.

[quote name='confoosious']You guys ever wonder if they'll just look at your Rz history and your trade in history? And put 2 and 2 together?[/QUOTE]

Well for the most part I don't use my rewardzone card for games I'm trading back in. With in-store pickup purchases I use my girlfriends account or check out as a guest.

I would think the logical first step for Best Buy would be to look at their sale prices and say "hmm, we're putting this game on sale, maybe we should lower the trade in value at the same time...."

Even if Best Buy did look into it, what are we actually doing wrong to get banned from trade ins? I'm not doubting that it has happened to people but it just seems wrong that they could. We are just taking advantage of a combination of deals within the terms and limits allowed to get the most for our money.

[quote name='JediKiller24']I would think the logical first step for Best Buy would be to look at their sale prices and say "hmm, we're putting this game on sale, maybe we should lower the trade in value at the same time...."[/QUOTE]

This. Why should the customer be punished if they trade-in a game they paid less than TIV for? They want you to trade the game in so they can charge less than retail and gain 100% of the profits.

The actual amount of people that do this is minimal, and the foot traffic is most likely worth it to the store.

Thanks op, I had rented this from bb and have really enjoyed it, more than the other two honestly. I was a little disappointed not being able to play co-op, I figured I'd let it hit $40 and then pick it up. I really didn't expect it this soon!

[quote name='Brother Daz']Thanks op, I had rented this from bb and have really enjoyed it, more than the other two honestly. I was a little disappointed not being able to play co-op, I figured I'd let it hit $40 and then pick it up. I really didn't expect it this soon![/QUOTE]

If this turns out to be deus ex: the third, you might as well wait as it will drop even further in the coming week(s).

[quote name='Raiborg']If this turns out to be deus ex: the third, you might as well wait as it will drop even further in the coming week(s).[/QUOTE]
Well yeah all games drop in price over time, but that doesn't help someone who wants it now.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Nice Ill PM this tommrow at BB...

This was the last one of the 5 for 100 GC deal I got[/QUOTE]

It rings up for $39.99 in store. With that being said. I returned my Skyward Sword Bundle, and picked House of The Dead Overkill: Extended Cut and Saints Rows the Third for $119.xx. Awesome deal. I didn't get to use my employee discount to know off the $10 from the bundle but it's still a good deal regardless. Thanks again OP. I'm kind of bitter that I didn't get the $10 gift card at purchase but whatever. No biggie.

Edit: There's always a chance that Saints Row The Third/Zelda will be cheaper so I could get a price adjustment in the future. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in Saints Row the Third, turned around and picked up a Saints Row the Third, Mario Kart, and Mario 3D Land. Now we have 4 games for the 3DS! Joy.

[quote name='drakma676']does anybody know of this is going to last all week or is it just today.[/QUOTE]

I saw the tag close up in my local Best Buy, it is indicated as till the 10th, but who knows, Best Buy have quite a lot of one day deals these days. Just get one for store pick up or ship to your house for free if you want it.

I was thinking about picking up the LE SR3 pack with the head phones, but since the regular game is 40 then i'll take it.

Thanks, OP. I Got SR3, House of the Dead Overkill Extended Cut and Mario Kart 7 for $80 + tax. I was going to go there to grab Mario Kart today anyway and I've been looking for a reason to grab the other two.

I picked this up at Best Buy as part of the B2G1 deal (ordered online for in-store pick-up). When I got the games and looked at the receipt, it lists Saints Row and Supermario land 3D at 19.99 each, then the third game (MarioKart 3DS) as 39.99. Does this mean that returning SR3 or Marioland would yield at return of 19.99 each, and returning MarioKart would get me $39.99 back? Because MarioKart was the one I wanted the least.... I did ask 2 store employees and neither of them knew the answer.

The receipt doesn't say anything about buy two get one; the only thing I see different is for the first two it has Model# (and lists the same number for both) and for the full price game it lists "TEST" as the Model #.

Btw - does anyone know if the only way to get he octopus gun is through the collectors edition?

Picked Saints Row 3 up today with Zelda: SS and Family Feud 2012(Xmas present for the wife, she loves the game on her Ipad). Also got in on Resistance 3 for $14(had some credit) with today's lightning deal. With all the fuck I've bought the past few weeks I honestly don't know what Gamefly's daily deals could tempt me with aside from Catherine and maybe Space Marine!

I just got back from BB's Premier Silver Private Shopping Event (read: store's open anyway cattle call) and they had a massive amount of these left at 39.99. I'm expecting another quick dropper along the lines of Deus Ex. Held off. . .

There were stacks of these left at Best Buy. I bought 3 of them, came home, tossed 2 on ebay for 45 each, both sold within minutes.

Free Saints Row 3.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='darkvulture']buy 3 saints rows 84 total

trade in 2 right back to bb of them plus 50% bonus for total of 75

then pick up mgs hd and skyrim and gears 3 so for just over 100 out of pocket i will have 4 big games[/QUOTE]

dang saints row for 9 bucks nice

I admit this is a double post but I feel like this should be here. This is super YMMV but I bought Saints Row the Third 360 (39.99) Skyrim Ps3 (59.99) and Assassin's Creed Rev 360 (59.99) and Skyrim ended up being free! I only had to pay for Saints Row and AssCreed and the employeed tried to ring it up twice and skyrim still ended up being free.

bread's done
Back