Saints Row The Third $39.99 at BestBuy.com & In-Store

Just a heads up. Best buy free shipping takes forever! I'm still waiting for stuff to come from black Friday! Just a thought if you're buying to flip.. TIVs may drop by the time you get the games

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']I admit this is a double post but I feel like this should be here. This is super YMMV but I bought Saints Row the Third 360 (39.99) Skyrim Ps3 (59.99) and Assassin's Creed Rev 360 (59.99) and Skyrim ended up being free! I only had to pay for Saints Row and AssCreed and the employeed tried to ring it up twice and skyrim still ended up being free.[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:kHmmmm. It would appear that BB still has not hired people who know how to program their systems right if it just automatically takes the third game and makes it the free one.

I sent a price match to amazon i hope others do as well. I always do a PM when others ask even if i do not want the game just to help others out.

[quote name='TemplePilot']There were stacks of these left at Best Buy. I bought 3 of them, came home, tossed 2 on ebay for 45 each, both sold within minutes.

Free Saints Row 3.

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

ebay isn't cheap, you get hit with the selling fees + paypal fees

[quote name='CaoPi']ebay isn't cheap, you get hit with the selling fees + paypal fees[/QUOTE]

I also sold one copy on eBay for $45. I printed my shipping label (1st class USPS w/delivery conf) through eBay/Paypal for $1.92 and came out with $41.47 after fees and label cost were taken out. eBay charges $5.90 off of a $45 transaction. So in the end, I get $35.57.

Losing $10 is pretty steep on an item for $45. Of course I'd like more - and I don't use eBay much anymore because of their fees... but it IS convenient. I had my SR3 as a Buy It Now auction and it sold in about 90 minutes, printed the label, and it's ready to go in the mail tomorrow.

But, I got 2 copies of SR3 and MarioKart for $80. I sold one copy for essentially $35, and I returned MarioKart for $40. (My receipt was itemized with each SR3 costing $20 and MK3 costing $40).

So I got SR3 for $5.

[quote name='imacjenn']I also sold one copy on eBay for $45. I printed my shipping label (1st class USPS w/delivery conf) through eBay/Paypal for $1.92 and came out with $41.47 after fees and label cost were taken out. eBay charges $5.90 off of a $45 transaction. So in the end, I get $35.57.

Losing $10 is pretty steep on an item for $45. Of course I'd like more - and I don't use eBay much anymore because of their fees... but it IS convenient. I had my SR3 as a Buy It Now auction and it sold in about 90 minutes, printed the label, and it's ready to go in the mail tomorrow.

But, I got 2 copies of SR3 and MarioKart for $80. I sold one copy for essentially $35, and I returned MarioKart for $40. (My receipt was itemized with each SR3 costing $20 and MK3 costing $40).

So I got SR3 for $5.[/QUOTE]

this is the shit you can't do.

Sure, you can do it. But this is the type of abuse that will force BB to adopt a TRU like approach to these deals.

is this worth $40? it sounds cool but i'm not sure

I played the first saints row, seemed cool at first but got bored after a few hours

i didn't play the 2nd one

[quote name='Thomas96']I was thinking about picking up the LE SR3 pack with the head phones, but since the regular game is 40 then i'll take it.[/QUOTE]

You're better off without the LE pack. I hear that the headphones are really shitty.

[quote name='Barry Burton']is this worth $40? it sounds cool but i'm not sure

I played the first saints row, seemed cool at first but got bored after a few hours

i didn't play the 2nd one[/QUOTE]

I had SR3 preordered and paid $60 for it and to me it was worth every penny. The game is very over-the-top with violence and humor and it's just a whole lot of fun. I didn't play either of the first two games in the series so I compare it to them unfortunately. I guess you can compare it to GTA... it's a lot less serious than the GTA series (and a lot more fun, imo). If you're really on the fence about it then you should try renting it at Redbox or something. It's only $2 a night and you should get a good feel for the game and see if it's worth $40.

Went to the Best Buy special sale tonight for Reward Zone members, which is pretty much a joke. They gave away a $50 gift card 4 different times, but of course my name/number didn't get called. I did snag 3 more copies of SR3.

[quote name='CaoPi']ebay isn't cheap, you get hit with the selling fees + paypal fees[/QUOTE]

Really don't care. It may not be cheap, but it will net you more than trading it in at BB or GameStop.

Spent about 50 hr in both SR2 and SR3. SR2 was more buggy, but SR3 was still bugged. It's a little more refined. If you liked SR2, you'll like SR3. If not, you wont.

[quote name='TemplePilot']Really don't care. It may not be cheap, but it will net you more than trading it in at BB or GameStop.[/QUOTE]

I think what he was saying is that if you threw it up for $45, there's no way you net $40 (even if your state is tax free.) hence you didn't get a free game.

[quote name='TemplePilot']Really don't care. It may not be cheap, but it will net you more than trading it in at BB or GameStop.[/QUOTE]

Ebay sale for $45 w/free shipping. Ebay fee 9%= $4.05 ($3.24 w/20% off Powerseller discount). Paypal fee 5%= $2.25. Shipping for 5oz. via USPS 1st class is $2.09 w/tracking number.

So 45 minus shipping and fees is $37.42 and $38.23 if you are eligible for the 20% off. This doesn't factor in any shipping materials you may need like tape, padded mailers or printing expenses. It's an easy 10 spot per transaction when the game is $28 per with the 20% discount and close to that without.

I hope there is still some sr3 copies at best buy tomorrow, wouldnt mind getting 2 with mk7 and selling one on craigslist. I think sr3 is the type of game i need to get back into playing games for "fun". Having played skyward sword and skyrim for the past 2 weeks and their huge epic sense of scale, i need a good ole fashion game where i can just let loose without npc's demanding me to pay bounty.

You guys are right. This game could wind up costing me as much as 10 dollars. The cost of tape really sneaks up on you. I feel like a damn fool over here. Would do it all over again if I could, but lesson learned.

BTW, if you want free padded mailers, just buy games one at a time from places like Amazon, Best Buy or Gamefly. If you buy 2 games from Gamefly they ship it in a box. If you buy one they ship it in a padded mailer, which you can then reuse. At one point in time I had about 25 padded mailers that I had received games in. I always buy one game per transaction, mainly just to get the mailers/small boxes.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Ebay sale for $45 w/free shipping. Ebay fee 9%= $4.05 ($3.24 w/20% off Powerseller discount). Paypal fee 5%= $2.25. Shipping for 5oz. via USPS 1st class is $2.09 w/tracking number.

So 45 minus shipping and fees is $37.42 and $38.23 if you are eligible for the 20% off. This doesn't factor in any shipping materials you may need like tape, padded mailers or printing expenses. It's an easy 10 spot per transaction when the game is $28 per with the 20% discount and close to that without.[/QUOTE]

Ebay BIN is 15%, and Paypal is about 2.9%, so it's more like 18%, not 14%.

Just a recommendation for people:

Trying selling or giving a copy to someone you'd like to play co-op with. You have to have an online pass which comes with a new copy. I already bought a copy of the game using the Google Offers 20 for 40 dollar coupon at newegg and the 10 dollar new customer promo fee, total spent being $25.88. I'm going to give a copy to my cousin.

And if you aren't sure about the game, definitely rent it from Redbox. I hadn't played any Saints Row games until I rented SR3 for a night the week it came out. I ended up playing it for 8 hours and completing 33% of the game. Lots of fun.

[quote name='elessar123']Ebay BIN is 15%, and Paypal is about 2.9%, so it's more like 18%, not 14%.[/QUOTE]

No, no, Ebay it at your buy it now price and knock 10% off for opening bid. About 90% of the time it will go "buy it now." On some instance where somebody places an opening bid, it will actually end up selling for more than what your original buy it now price was. Never do the straight listing for a fixed price at 15%....that's just stupid, unless you are dealing with a very expensive item.

The 5% paypal fee is actually a little on the high side, however. I think it's somewhere around 3.6%....something odd like that. At any rate, it would end up being a little better for the seller, actually. Ends up around 12.6% total fees.

Hey guys, i'm a new seller at ebay and i am really confused about these fees you guys are talking about. I have sold about 8 games. The latest 1 is SR3. I sold for 45 bucks and it is showing that i have 43.xx bucks in my paypal acc. Thats around 3% which i assume it to be the paypal fees? When will this ebay fees kick in?

so pissed. bought a laptop from Best Buy on Thanksgiving day but the rewards points won't hit until the 29th. otherwise I'd scoop this right up since I'll have a $15 credit burning a hole in my pocket :|

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']No, no, Ebay it at your buy it now price and knock 10% off for opening bid. About 90% of the time it will go "buy it now." On some instance where somebody places an opening bid, it will actually end up selling for more than what your original buy it now price was. Never do the straight listing for a fixed price at 15%....that's just stupid, unless you are dealing with a very expensive item.

The 5% paypal fee is actually a little on the high side, however. I think it's somewhere around 3.6%....something odd like that. At any rate, it would end up being a little better for the seller, actually. Ends up around 12.6% total fees.[/QUOTE]

Yeah totally agree and I'll add that if you sell it for $55 instead of $45 you'll get 10 bucks more lol. Checking the "completed" listings shows that some people bought it for $55; it might not sell in 90 minutes but it'll sell.

[quote name='roymustang']Yeah totally agree and I'll add that if you sell it for $55 instead of $45 you'll get 10 bucks more lol. Checking the "completed" listings shows that some people bought it for $55; it might not sell in 90 minutes but it'll sell.[/QUOTE]

This is true, there are instances where somebody buys something at a price that gives you one of those WTF moments. Problem with listing something substantially higher than several other listings is you run the risk of the price getting driven down even further in a matter of a few days or even hours. This holds especially true with a game like SR3, where more and more copies are going to hit auction over the next couple of days and drive prices lower and lower. You coul dget left holding the bag on your game that was priced 10 bucks higher than several others initially, only to find later that you won't be able to get the lower price at the present.

[quote name='darrenaw9']Hey guys, i'm a new seller at ebay and i am really confused about these fees you guys are talking about. I have sold about 8 games. The latest 1 is SR3. I sold for 45 bucks and it is showing that i have 43.xx bucks in my paypal acc. Thats around 3% which i assume it to be the paypal fees? When will this ebay fees kick in?[/QUOTE]

Ebay keeps a running total of your fees for the month and you pay for them at the end of the month with the card you have on file. They are totally separate from the Paypal fees. Click on the "account" tab on you rebay account to scope what is going on.

[quote name='smashngrab77']just some food for thought. RF:A is $39.99 plus has a $20 coupon in the gamer mag. You should be able to buy a RF:A and a SR3 and whatever other $39.99 game you want and pay $60 total. At least this is what the gaming guy at the store I went to today said I could do. I will go back later with my mag to try it. I am going to get RF:A halo anniversary and SR3 for $20 each[/QUOTE]Doesn't stack if they scan the coupon the b2g1 goes away unless you get 4+ games

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']This is true, there are instances where somebody buys something at a price that gives you one of those WTF moments. Problem with listing something substantially higher than several other listings is you run the risk of the price getting driven down even further in a matter of a few days or even hours. This holds especially true with a game like SR3, where more and more copies are going to hit auction over the next couple of days and drive prices lower and lower. You coul dget left holding the bag on your game that was priced 10 bucks higher than several others initially, only to find later that you won't be able to get the lower price at the present.[/QUOTE]

It also might be a good idea to hold off ALL auctions til after the new year when the post holiday sales are few and far between. Unless you are selling the "hot" item, I have found it is best to wait.

[quote name='marcand']It also might be a good idea to hold off ALL auctions til after the new year when the post holiday sales are few and far between. Unless you are selling the "hot" item, I have found it is best to wait.[/QUOTE]

Now that's horrible advice. Games drop in price and value very quickly now days. Waiting is flipper suicide. lol

[quote name='confoosious']this is the shit you can't do.

Sure, you can do it. But this is the type of abuse that will force BB to adopt a TRU like approach to these deals.[/QUOTE]

What is a "TRU like approach"? That if you get a package deal you have to return everything? Isnt this pretty much what you're advocating with your admonishment of the other poster?

Please elaborate.

Just wanted to say my thanks to CAG for pointing out two wonderful deals.

My brother has been wanting this game and I been hoping it goes on sale before Christmas. =] I picked up 2 copies of it, one for him and one for my husband and I to play with him... and I jumped on the Disneyland game too. Got all 3 games for $64.18 with in store pick-up. They aren't gonna like it when I walk right over to the customer service desk with the Disneyland game and return it with my Blk Friday receipt. (I don't feel like trying to find the game and re-wrapping it. Paid $35 for it on Blk Friday) You guys have once again saved me a load of money and I am grateful for all the deals you guys post. Thanks guys!

[quote name='hostyl1']What is a "TRU like approach"? That if you get a package deal you have to return everything? Isnt this pretty much what you're advocating with your admonishment of the other poster?

Please elaborate.[/QUOTE]

TRU used to be pretty liberal and let you do exchanges in case you changed your mind. Because of abuse by people, you better make sure you don't change your mind at TRU on any of these type of deals.

While designed to curb abuse, TRU's change now affects people who simply just change their minds on a purchase. This is what I mean about BB adopting a TRU approach. Pretty soon, you won't even be able to make a legitimate exchange because people abuse the system and get $40 back for one game and keep the others.

[quote name='thegame85']Just a heads up. Best buy free shipping takes forever! I'm still waiting for stuff to come from black Friday! Just a thought if you're buying to flip.. TIVs may drop by the time you get the games[/QUOTE]
Im still waiting for stuff to ship that I ordered the Monday before black friday.

[quote name='Techsticles']Im still waiting for stuff to ship that I ordered the Monday before black friday.[/QUOTE]

It took exactly a week for all of my stuff (TV, Wii, Uncharted 3, Office Space BD) to come in and two of my items even came a day early. Wonder if it has anything to do with me being a Silver Rewards Zone member?

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']It took exactly a week for all of my stuff (TV, Wii, Uncharted 3, Office Space BD) to come in and two of my items even came a day early. Wonder if it has anything to do with me being a Silver Rewards Zone member?[/QUOTE]
Nope I'm a Premier Silver member too. I just emailed Best Buy to find out what the hold up was.

[quote name='Rainman']does anyone have the CE? if so how are the headphones can you use them on XBL?[/QUOTE]

I got a review copy and unfortunately the headphones are worth maybe $20 max and are NOT compatible with anything other than standard phone/mp3 headphone jacks. No console support.

[quote name='SubjectNameHere']I got a review copy and unfortunately the headphones are worth maybe $20 max and are NOT compatible with anything other than standard phone/mp3 headphone jacks. No console support.[/QUOTE]

wow that sucks it would be fun to use on XBL though.

So if it works with the b2g1 could I buy 3 for $80 and then go to Walmart with no receipt and get $120 in gcs for returning the game with no recipt?

[quote name='MXRider']So if it works with the b2g1 could I buy 3 for $80 and then go to Walmart with no receipt and get $120 in gcs for returning the game with no recipt?[/QUOTE]
You mean return fraud?:roll:

whats the most of a single game that you can trade in at a time? 2 or 3? If 3, Im thinking I can buy them for ~$85 and trade back for $105 with the extra 40% w/purchase

[quote name='SubjectNameHere']I got a review copy and unfortunately the headphones are worth maybe $20 max and are NOT compatible with anything other than standard phone/mp3 headphone jacks. No console support.[/QUOTE]
You could probably get an adapter to use them via USB on either the PS3 or 360 though, right?
[quote name='Havok83']whats the most of a single game that you can trade in at a time? 2 or 3? If 3, Im thinking I can buy them for ~$85 and trade back for $105 with the extra 40% w/purchase[/QUOTE]
Three per title per platform per household per year.

The compulsive buyer in me wants to get in on this but I am trying to be more rational this upcoming year. I only have one other game I want to combine with this (PS3 MGS HD Collection) for the B2G1 but beyond that I have not even played the first 2 (sitting on my shelf). I could do the leg work and get three copies and sell 2 on Ebay to drive the price to $20ish but I am not sure I even want to try that now that there are about 200 copies for sale. I just need to let this go and know that eventually down the road I can get it for less than $30.

[quote name='cancerman1120']The compulsive buyer in me wants to get in on this but I am trying to be more rational this upcoming year. I only have one other game I want to combine with this (PS3 MGS HD Collection) for the B2G1 but beyond that I have not even played the first 2 (sitting on my shelf). I could do the leg work and get three copies and sell 2 on Ebay to drive the price to $20ish but I am not sure I even want to try that now that there are about 200 copies for sale right now. I just need to let this go and know that eventually down the road I can get it for less than $30.[/QUOTE]It's this site you gotta avoid it...if you can :drool:. The deals just keep coming & coming that's why I'm glad I just kept using the @gamer deals to stack credit on top of credit mainly for a PS3 & PSvita but once I got to $800 I knew I could "afford" to splurge a lil.

bread's done
Back