Saints Row The Third - PC Steamworks Steam Key @ Shopto.Net - $36.75

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Saints Row The Third Pre-Order - PC Steamworks Steam Key @ Shopto.Net - $36.75

As people seemed to like the $42 deal for Saints Row The Third at GMG, I thought this might be of interest - I've noticed this deal cropping up on a few UK bargain websites. The low £ against the strong US dollar seems to make this the best (trustworthy!) Steam key price on the Internet!

I've used ShopTo about half a dozen times for international shipping, so they are trustworthy and legit. I got their download bargain Aliens Vs Predator (the new one) for ~$4.50 last month, and the Steam key came through instantly. And they've still got Alpha Protocol for ~$3. They take credit card and Paypal. :)

Edit: in case people think this is a gray import key that will get their Steam account banned, it's not. This is a legitimate Western region-free key, just like the valid Steam keys from UK site Greenmangaming.

Edit again:
[quote name='headpiece747']You can get this for $39.99 from Amazon and they started sending out keys on the 11th of Nov. so you can download on the day it comes out and don't have to worry about it being shady or not. http://www.amazon.com/Saints-Row-The-Third-Download/dp/B005OMM66A?tag=cheapassgam08-20[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Could the people down-starring this please share their cheaper Steam price? I'm holding out till the last minute to buy, so would certainly appreciate it! :)

Or is it just hatred of Steam? Or hatred of the British? :roll: :lol:

[quote name='PenguinJim']Could the people down-starring this please share their cheaper Steam price? I'm holding out till the last minute to buy, so would certainly appreciate it! :)

Or is it just hatred of Steam? Or hatred of the British? :roll: :lol:[/QUOTE]

I think it's because CD keys are generally not well received around here. There are so many foreign CD key-selling websites that people are cautious on which ones to trust. Lots of people have been banned from Steam because they used a foreign CD key that didn't match their IP address region.

It's only a problem if you use Russian or Asian Steam keys, though ("gray import keys", from scam sites like the untrustworthy thieves at G2Play). Greenmangaming is also a UK company, but I don't see people having a problem with Steam keys from there. About a third of my Steam purchases are from the UK. It's simply not a problem.

From the GMG FAQ:
I don’t live in the UK, will these keys still work on my Steam account?
Yes! The keys from GMG are region free.

Do you know why that is? It's because ALL UK Steam keys are region-free, just as all US Steam keys are region-free!

Thanks for the suggestion, though. It's a shame people could miss out on a deal because of ignorance. Here you can see CAGs asking if Deus Ex: HR from GMG would be region-locked, and getting plenty of responses that it's simply not true.

I noticed that it says it releases in four days. So, if we were to pre-order from this site we'd have to wait for the UK release date, or do they send the key right away to register on Steam? If they send the key right away, I'm definitely going to jump on this.

bread's done
Back