Saints Row: The Third + Season Pass free + free ship with pre-order at THQ store

Leggo

CAGiversary!
http://store.thq.com/store?SiteID=thq&Action=DisplayCategoryProductListPage&categoryID=56378800

No idea how much their Season Pass will cost, but it's 3 pieces of DLC, so probably $10-15, and it's free. Plus free shipping!

Supposedly it's the first 3,000 pre-orders through THQ on each platform, but the facebook page mentioned it's anyone who orders today. You still get the Dr. Genki pre-order stuff, so this seems to be the best deal for anyone planning on getting it at launch.

Apologies if this was already posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad but I've already got it preordered at Gamestop for who knows what reason. Otherwise I would've gotten this.

The site though says: "The Saints Row Season Pass includes three, count ‘em three, downloadable mission packs, valued at more than $20."

[quote name='jkanownik']Anyone know THQ's track record for delivering on release date?[/QUOTE]
No clue but the free shipping is 5-10 day USPS.

Ok read the fine print under the game on the link. No promo needed...but I'm debating this...help?

"The Saints Row Season Pass includes three, count ‘em three, downloadable mission packs, valued at more than $20."

Lol. Withhold content from the main game and release as DLCs to charge more money or to use as marketing bait. This game is nowhere near release so don't even tell me they didn't have time to put all this stuff in the main game.

No promo code required. I googled around for one in an attempt to bring the cost down but couldn't find any. Still, it's the same thing as any other vendor except you get a free season pass, so I canceled my Amazon preorder and got this instead.

I'm ok with the slower shipping, I don't need it day and date. It's releasing 11/15, so I THINK Skyrim may keep me busy for a few extra days after it comes out on 11/11. Call it a hunch.

well theres a $100 gift card for pre ordering 5 select games from best buy, and this is one of the games. that basically negates the price of the DLC.

not to mention the 5-10 shipping is the only one that is free.. good find, but not sure what im going to do.

[quote name='CaseX']"The Saints Row Season Pass includes three, count ‘em three, downloadable mission packs, valued at more than $20."

Lol. Withhold content from the main game and release as DLCs to charge more money or to use as marketing bait. This game is nowhere near release so don't even tell me they didn't have time to put all this stuff in the main game.[/QUOTE]

games get content locked after a certain point, and then they need to be submitted for testing and all that, then printed for distribution. It's not quite as simple as them having a few extra months. Sometimes it's just a case of too much content to fit on the disc like with L.A. Noire.

I have zero problem with companies trying to get a few extra bucks out of me if the main game is complete, fun, and worth the $60. Judging from the gameplay trailers, it's going to be well worth it.

Looks like the first 3,000 promo is still active as of 12 hours ago. Rep also confirmed that the free shipping will actually be release day shipping, at least in the US (I guess they can get away with the 5-7 day and still have release day shipping because they're the ones distributing it in the first place).

I'm actually pretty glad I canceled my preorder to get this now. It's win/win/win, unless amazon suddenly decides to start offering a $20 credit.

the problem is that THQ uses digital river for handling all their shipping stuff. I dont care if they offered the game for $10 i will never buy anything that uses DR (so basically capcom and THQ that i know of) to handle shipping.

Also, dont count on release WEEK delivery either. release day shipping means they mail it that day, if your lucky, not when you get it.

Hearing so much about this game lately has me wanting it pretty bad. Not sure I'd normally be interested in the mission packs, but free is free eh? The pre-order stuff seems pretty fun, as well. I'm not buying Skyrim, though, and by the time this shows up at my door :pc: Batman should be available :[

Edit - saw on the website that order had to be on by midnight 11/7 to get release day delivery.

[quote name='jr8rulz']the problem is that THQ uses Digital River for handling all their shipping stuff. I dont care if they offered the game for $10 i will never buy anything that uses DR (so basically capcom and THQ that i know of) to handle shipping.

Also, dont count on release WEEK delivery either. release day shipping means they mail it that day, if your lucky, not when you get it.[/QUOTE]
^ This.

Digital River is horrible, almost worse than Deepdiscount horrible.

Like the THQ store, the people who pre-ordered at the Capcom store i.e. Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter 4, Marvel vs Capcom 3 never got their games until 1-2 weeks after pre-ordering them.

If that's the case, might as well take your chances on Black Friday the week after.

I jumped on this back in August when the promo became available. Love me some Saint's Row bitches!

[quote name='kidrocklive'] is everything getting a "season pass" now[/QUOTE]

why not... I'm much more likely to buy that pass when I am hyped up about the game then later when it has been beaten and I have moved on to the next game.

It also appeals to people like me (huge Gears fan) that would have purchased all the DLC anyway. This way I get a discount day 1 of DLC release.

Smart marketing in my mind. It's basically a win win for them.

[quote name='Shimrra']I want it but at the same time if I just wait it out Gamefly will have it on sale for $10 with the codes inside.[/QUOTE]

It'll eventually be on sale for $10, but I don't think you'll have a code inside... Season pass is only from THQ, and the preorder code is not in all copies either.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']^ This.

Digital River is horrible, almost worse than Deepdiscount horrible.

Like the THQ store, the people who pre-ordered at the Capcom store i.e. Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter 4, Marvel vs Capcom 3 never got their games until 1-2 weeks after pre-ordering them.

If that's the case, might as well take your chances on Black Friday the week after.[/QUOTE]

I work for a competitor of theirs so this warms my heart.

So sick of these "season pass" bs. Can't video game companies release full games. I like DLC at first but it has become an epidemic of mediocrity in video games. Just release a decent game and add on to it later. We gamers really need to start boycotting this.

[quote name='dan121887']So I assume there will be the 3 "Major Mission Packs" and probably a crap ton more DLC for this game.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/08/thq-ceo-talks-up-cloud-gaming-plans-40-weeks-of-saints-row-3-dl/[/QUOTE]
Basically, we'll be getting 3 DLC's that would be overpriced at $15 a piece (totalling $45).

Getting the Season Pass for $30 to save 33% basically is getting each of the 3 DLC's for just $10 each.

I don't mind to wait and get those DLC's for sale at 50% off aka $7.50 after a year like they always do at about $21 altogether.

[quote name='jr8rulz']the problem is that THQ uses digital river for handling all their shipping stuff. I dont care if they offered the game for $10 i will never buy anything that uses DR (so basically capcom and THQ that i know of) to handle shipping.

Also, dont count on release WEEK delivery either. release day shipping means they mail it that day, if your lucky, not when you get it.[/QUOTE]

If they use digital river, don't count on ever receiving your order, and if there is a problem don't count on finding someone who understands what an 'order' a 'game' or 'shipping' are.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Basically, we'll be getting 3 DLC's that would be overpriced at $15 a piece (totalling $45).

Getting the Season Pass for $30 to save 33% basically is getting each of the 3 DLC's for just $10 each.

I don't mind to wait and get those DLC's for sale at 50% off aka $7.50 after a year like they always do at about $21 altogether.[/QUOTE]

The season pass is free when you preorder from THQ, so your $30 argument flew out the window.

[quote name='elessar123']The season pass is free when you preorder from THQ, so your $30 argument flew out the window.[/QUOTE]

He is just complaining about season passes in general. Not this specific deal.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']So sick of these "season pass" bs. Can't video game companies release full games. I like DLC at first but it has become an epidemic of mediocrity in video games. Just release a decent game and add on to it later. We gamers really need to start boycotting this.[/QUOTE]

It's a damn shame nowadays. Especially all of the DLC that's coming out for Batman... It was cool at first, but now DLC is annoying...

[quote name='bardockkun']And I just got a shipping confirmation. Though I preordered this from them months ago.[/QUOTE]

I did too, and I ordered on the first.

[quote name='elessar123']The season pass is free when you preorder from THQ, so your $30 argument flew out the window.[/QUOTE]

It'd be nice of more publishers did the free season pass for preordering from them. I would have loved to do that for Gears.

I'm impressed that it shipped today. Maybe the free USPS shipping will translate to release date game time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have ordered a lot of stuff through the EA store and have ALWAYS gotten my orders extremely fast, and they use Digital River.

Wasn't really sure if I would get this game, but the free season pass was the deciding factor.....even though I really don't even know what is in it..lol. Free shipping, no tax....I'm down to cause some crazy havoc.

bread's done
Back