Saints Row: The Third + Season Pass free + free ship with pre-order at THQ store

Leggo

CAGiversary!
http://store.thq.com/store?SiteID=thq&Action=DisplayCategoryProductListPage&categoryID=56378800

No idea how much their Season Pass will cost, but it's 3 pieces of DLC, so probably $10-15, and it's free. Plus free shipping!

Supposedly it's the first 3,000 pre-orders through THQ on each platform, but the facebook page mentioned it's anyone who orders today. You still get the Dr. Genki pre-order stuff, so this seems to be the best deal for anyone planning on getting it at launch.

Apologies if this was already posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to play this game, I just hope there's no bald men in it. It's weird, but there's just something about bald men that makes me violently ill. What the hell, I'll give it a shot anyways... I mean what are the odds of someone like that appearing in this game? Probably zero percent.

[quote name='iamsmart']Can't wait to play this game, I just hope there's no bald men in it. It's weird, but there's just something about bald men that makes me violently ill. What the hell, I'll give it a shot anyways... I mean what are the odds of someone like that appearing in this game? Probably zero percent.[/QUOTE]

So I take it you despise the hitman series?

[quote name='iamsmart']Can't wait to play this game, I just hope there's no bald men in it. It's weird, but there's just something about bald men that makes me violently ill. What the hell, I'll give it a shot anyways... I mean what are the odds of someone like that appearing in this game? Probably zero percent.[/QUOTE]

The worst ones are the cheapass bald men.

Ehhh, after tax this comes to around $65.
I think I'll stick with my newegg order for $47.99 no tax.

The $17 difference is about equal for that bonus Genki stuff and the season pass, so I'll wait on that until I get the base game to check out the DLC.

If you want the Genki DLC you could always just preorder at Best Buy or GameStop. BB should Email you the code and GameStop will print on the receipt. Just return the game later.

[quote name='VaultDweller']huge fan of SR2 but they messed up this time,, i will not support this kind of fraud[/QUOTE]

???

how did they mess up? please explain

I would suggest making sure that you are getting the Genki and season pass. They screwed me over saying the deal wasn't available when I saw it posted by them. They want me to preorder again and won't give me the items unless I do. BS.

[quote name='integralsmatic']???

how did they mess up? please explain[/QUOTE]

they are cutting stuff from the game and selling it to those who dont pre-order it, it is a scam

[quote name='VaultDweller']they are cutting stuff from the game and selling it to those who dont pre-order it, it is a scam[/QUOTE]

Um, ok, so everything that has a preorder bonus is wrong?

[quote name='elessar123']Um, ok, so everything that has a preorder bonus is wrong?[/QUOTE]

For real, this coming from the guy with a New Vegas signature.

[quote name='elessar123']Um, ok, so everything that has a preorder bonus is wrong?[/QUOTE]

exactly what came to my mind when i read the post.

[quote name='VaultDweller']they are cutting stuff from the game and selling it to those who dont pre-order it, it is a scam[/QUOTE]

Its just an incentive to pre order it to get people to buy day 1. I see no problems with that.

I kinda agree with the scam complaint. I mean it's obviously not a scam, but it still feels quite shady. Especially on the PC version, which had a horrible port of the last game and you can't just hold onto it unopened and return it like the console versions. They want to guarantee of payment when there's no guarantee of delivery.

I've actually never been as torn over buying a game before. On one hand it's a major corporation and one sale isn't going to break them, on the other this is the type of game that I want made and think that's worth voting for with my dollar, on the other this game is guaranteed to get cheap - fast, on the other I want that damn pre-order DLC, on the other fuck them for coming up with that plan in the first place...

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']I kinda agree with the scam complaint. I mean it's obviously not a scam, but it still feels quite shady. Especially on the PC version, which had a horrible port of the last game and you can't just hold onto it unopened and return it like the console versions. They want to guarantee of payment when there's no guarantee of delivery.

I've actually never been as torn over buying a game before. On one hand it's a major corporation and one sale isn't going to break them, on the other this is the type of game that I want made and think that's worth voting for with my dollar, on the other this game is guaranteed to get cheap - fast, on the other I want that damn pre-order DLC, on the other fuck them for coming up with that plan in the first place...[/QUOTE]

Face it guys. It's 2011 and games get DLC that was planned from halfway through the dev cycle. This is the way the world works now. I doubt any developer in the last 3 years has been sitting in their office a couple months after a game came out, twiddling their thumbs, and one of them suddenly stood up and shouted, "HEY! We should make some more content for our game!!" That stuff has been planned through the development cycle of the game itself for years.

Additionally, why isn't anyone planning a boycott of Skyrim? Bethesda already announced they'd be releasing DLC and the game isn't even out yet. Additionally, Mass Effect 2 released with the Cerberus Network, through which DLC was released. What about Alan Wake, which didn't even actually end unless you bought the DLC? Is it that if a game is good enough, nobody cares about the DLC plans?

The only person I've seen who has acknowledged that the potential quality of the planned DLC is poor based on previous experience is RollingSkrull, and that is a totally legitimate concern to have. Being mad that DLC is going to be released at all no longer makes any sense.

From what I can gather, looks like the season pass and Professor Genki pack are valued at $40. My total was 59.99 and it shows discount of $45.70. The $5.70 part was the shipping charge that was waived for the free shipping offer. SO that would make the game and the season pass + Genki pack total 100 bones. Wow.

[quote name='Leggo']No promo code required. I googled around for one in an attempt to bring the cost down but couldn't find any. Still, it's the same thing as any other vendor except you get a free season pass, so I canceled my Amazon preorder and got this instead.

I'm ok with the slower shipping, I don't need it day and date. It's releasing 11/15, so I THINK Skyrim may keep me busy for a few extra days after it comes out on 11/11. Call it a hunch.[/QUOTE]

But Amazon has $10 free. Unless the DLC never goes on sale (false) or you NEED to have it now, Amazon still has it cheaper. If you were able to get in when Amazon placed it at $47.99 for a day (error on consoles, normal on PC), it's even better.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']But Amazon has $10 free. Unless the DLC never goes on sale (false) or you NEED to have it now, Amazon still has it cheaper. If you were able to get in when Amazon placed it at $47.99 for a day (error on consoles, normal on PC), it's even better.[/QUOTE]

Season pass is supposedly $40, so even if it was half off, that's $20.

I've got enough games to play right now, but this sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Might as well jump on it to save some money on the season pass.

I tried to cancel my order due to having lower cash than I had anticipated, but the order had "shipped." So they went ahead and cancelled my season pass and preorder pack instead. Dammit!

[quote name='elessar123']Season pass is supposedly $40, so even if it was half off, that's $20.[/QUOTE]

3 pieces of DLC are $40? Rape.

Edit: I knew I wasn't crazy: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/add-ons/saints-row-the-third-season-pass-dlc/97709 $20. Let's use the other models to realize that come April, after the 3 sets of DLC are released, the set is on sale for 800 points ($10). Assuming you paid COST for your space bucks, this makes it barely a "bonus."

Edit 2: I see someone else already noted it is $20.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']3 pieces of DLC are $40? Rape.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's supposed to be 40 weeks of DLC, 3 of them being missions, or something. And someone else had said it was $40.

I would figure each of the 3 DLC packs will be 800 pts ($10) each. Not sure what the Nyte Blayde pack would cost...probably 400 pts or 800 pts. Buy the season pass and pay $20 or better yet, get it all free with pre-order. Nice.

THQ won't send me the pre order bonuses anymore, and are asking that I make another preorder and refuse the one coming in since I had "cancelled" it.
Money was tight but not anymore so the refund isn't necessary any longer. Isn't it just emailed codes? It's ridiculous they won't simply email me the codes instead of having me make a new preorder and refuse delivery of the other.

Thought about it a little more, and since my order hasn't shipped yet, I decided saving on tax and getting in on release day from Amazon with the $10 credit was better than the season pass ($20 value, apparently) which may go on sale anyway. I guess I'm just impatient.

[quote name='tttBARBWIREttt']Ok just ordered, How do I get the season pass and the professor genki downloads?[/QUOTE]

They're emailed to you. I received the Genki pack and the Season Pass a few minutes ago. Redeemed the Genki pack, but the Season Pass code is invalid. Is anyone able to redeem their Season Pass yet? I'm assuming that it's not activated on the store yet.

I received 2 emails stating THQ-Product now available. One was for the season pass and one for the Genki pack, but lneither one has any code or anything listed. Just says the product that you preordered is now available. Available where?

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I received 2 emails stating THQ-Product now available. One was for the season pass and one for the Genki pack, but lneither one has any code or anything listed. Just says the product that you preordered is now available. Available where?[/QUOTE]

Mine had it down at the bottom (it said something like "drm: " then the code. It was formatted weird - there were ?s between each character, but it worked.

Hmmm, I got the codes last night at well, but no weird DRM/?/Blank spots....bizarre

I ordered it for the 360, wonder if it's a platform type mess up?

Hope you guys get it worked out!

[quote name='capnrico']Mine had it down at the bottom (it said something like "drm: " then the code. It was formatted weird - there were ?s between each character, but it worked.[/QUOTE]

Was yours PS3 or 360? And did you have one code or 2? As far as I can tell only one of my 2 emails has a code (PS3)

My 360 version pre-order codes are also missing in the e-mails they sent me. My copy was just shipped out yesterday, so it'll probably be a few more days before I get the game. Maybe they included the codes with my shipment? If not, guess I'll just have to deal with THQ customer service.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I received 2 emails stating THQ-Product now available. One was for the season pass and one for the Genki pack, but lneither one has any code or anything listed. Just says the product that you preordered is now available. Available where?[/QUOTE]

I had that problem, and I figured out the solution: don't use an email client to read the email. Microsoft Outlook had the codes missing from the emails, but when I went to my ISP's website to read my email (comcast) the codes were there. It's most likely an issue with whatever email client you're using.

[quote name='sunghost']I had that problem, and I figured out the solution: don't use an email client to read the email. Microsoft Outlook had the codes missing from the emails, but when I went to my ISP's website to read my email (comcast) the codes were there. It's most likely an issue with whatever email client you're using.[/QUOTE]

Also, on my phone, one email has an option to show quoted text. So if your client is hiding quoted text, it might be why.

This is my first time ever getting release date shipping.

Hopefully it's a good experience ! Today is all saints day ! (I know it isn't but whatever)

So much for release date delivery. Didn't get my copy today. On the newgistics tracking info page it says it was transferred to USPS in my city yesterday.. and the tracking info on USPS seems to be outdated.

Somebody ahead of me in line at midnight launch last night was told none of the PS3 stuff that was PSN codes (Genki, Femme Fatale costumes, etc.) would work until the update tonight (he was getting SR 3 on PS3.)

[quote name='elessar123']Also, on my phone, one email has an option to show quoted text. So if your client is hiding quoted text, it might be why.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. Gmail was doing it on one email but not the other, and I totally overlooked the show quoted text line multiple times.

Did you guys all make console purchases? I have yet to receive a code for the season pass or the professor genki DLC. Preorder this for 360 back in September, received game monday, have yet to get the DLC codes.... Anyone else having this issue?

I also have two emails, and no codes in either. I'm using Yahoo Mail, so there's no quoted text button for me to press, and at the bottom of the email I just have "Digital Rights: P" and "Digital Rights: Y"...very strange.

bread's done
Back