Sale @ Amazon - 360 HD DVD player & PS3 offers (B2G1 dead)

[quote name='hitmandls2']Got my Xbox 360 HD DVD yesterday and it doesn't read discs.

Now I have to wait for amazon to ship a replacement.

Now what to do with the extra UPC code? 10 free movies?[/QUOTE]

Im sure they would tie the receipt/order number in the system to it to prevent rebate fraud... and probably have you ship everything back, jjust to be safe I wouldnt risk it and get your freebies with the replacement player

Got my good news today that my A2 has shipped and will arrive around Thursday... my 6 movies I ordered with it will probably be here by then... so after hooking my wife on "Heroes" last night and watching 6 episodes, we wont have to wait long to continue watching them (I shipped my sold hd-add on this morning)

If I had to wait any longer for it, I might start spilling spoilers about what happens on Heroes

Yeah, I got my discs yesterday as well. My delivery estimate was something like the 7th. A nice surprise, to be sure.

I can only hope that my HD DVD drive gets here that quickly as well.

[quote name='Makaveli_The_Don']So is the Buy 2 Get 1 Free HD DVD Deal Dead?[/QUOTE]
Yeah it looks like the B2G1 is dead but the deals on the PS3 and the HD DVD add on are still good.

[quote name='abhinav']The links are dead on the first page... am i late to this one?[/quote]For the movies, yes, but I'm not sure about the player offers.

[quote name='abhinav']The links are dead on the first page... am i late to this one?[/quote]

The 3-for-2 title sale is gone, but the player sale with the three free titles directly from Amazon is still good. However, for the HD-DVD side, they count the free King Kong as one of the freebies. When the 3-for-2 sale was going on, there was a glitch that allowed you to pick three freebies for HD-DVD. Blu-Ray, on the other hand, is three free titles since Amazon isn't trying to play the "Talladega Nights" is one of the titles card.

Ordered my 360 HD-DVD and 2 movies on Thursday the 30th and it shipped today. With luck I'll have it by the end of the week. Great stuff.

I have been waiting as amazon had the shipping number in their system to be picked up by usps a week ago or so and still nothing. I hope I get it tomorrow. Need to try my HD DVD player out!

I don't see a 3 free movies link on the page for the A2 anymore and when I tried a direct link it took me elsewhere, so I guess it's back to the normal 5 with MIR.

Finally got my HD-A2 today, and of course the fucker doesn't even work right out of the box. It freezes upon hitting the power button... I called Toshiba and they said if unplugging it and plugging it back in doesn't do anything then it needs to be sent in for service....

Does anyone have an opinion on whether I should send it to them or take it up with Amazon?

Also, what a POS.

[quote name='NeoFrank1']Finally got my HD-A2 today, and of course the fucker doesn't even work right out of the box. It freezes upon hitting the power button... I called Toshiba and they said if unplugging it and plugging it back in doesn't do anything then it needs to be sent in for service....

Does anyone have an opinion on whether I should send it to them or take it up with Amazon?

Also, what a POS.[/QUOTE]

How long did you let it set there?

Before the update, it can take a full minute/and a half to boot up.

Also, I have an HD-A2 and it's about as far away from a POS as possible for the price.

I left the room and came back 5-7 minutes later to see if it was just extremely slow...but nothing. It says "Welcome" on the player, but there is no image on the TV and it doesn't respond to any button presses.

[quote name='Makaveli_The_Don']So is the Buy 2 Get 1 Free HD DVD Deal Dead?[/quote]

The 3-for-2 deal's been dead. Looks like the free movies out of Amazon's own pocket is also over.

bread's done
Back