Sale on psn,wii, and microsoft points at Target

if you got a friend who works at target, they can get an additional 10-15% off. dont recall since i havent spoken to them in awhile but for points... HEYYyyy buddie:booty:

Oh, fuck me. I just bought two PSN cards for the GTA episodes yesterday. Would have been nice to save $6.

Maybe I'll grab a card or two anyway.

Awesome. Thanks much OP.

It might not be the $5 savings I'm used to seeing in the past but it's still a pretty good deal. Definitely in for some 360 points as well as some PSN cards since this is the first time I've seen them get discounted at a retail store.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I have always been taxed for cards.[/QUOTE]

As has been said about 8 other times in the thread, it varies state-by-state. Check the first page of the Gamestop TIV thread and it has a list about Edge cards, which SHOULD be the same thing.

MS points are generally better bought through Amazon and waiting for the 4000 point cards to drop to 40.xx

However for the Wii and PS points since they do not generally come in larger increments it is a decent deal since they rarely go on sale.

Remember that those 'Wii cards' (Nintendo Points Cards) also work with the Nintendo DSi / DSiWare...

That's why I'm hoping to snag a few discounted points :)

[quote name='MSUHitman']As has been said about 8 other times in the thread, it varies state-by-state. Check the first page of the Gamestop TIV thread and it has a list about Edge cards, which SHOULD be the same thing.[/QUOTE]
I was just stating a fact. No reply was necessary.

[quote name='V3rtigo']My psn address is Nike headquarters in oregon. No tax.
Of course your billing address will be your correct address that matches your credit card.[/QUOTE]

Interesting I happen to live at Intel in Beaverton. Oregon is a sales tax free state, no sales tax period. It's pretty strange going into a sore adn paying $9.99 for something instead of $21.54

Not saying it's on some grand scale, but aren't you guys essentially discussing tax fraud? Since return/exchange fraud is banned on the site, I'd have to imagine lying to avoid paying sales taxes might be something the mods would frown on being discussed so openly...?

[quote name='EvilIA']Interesting I happen to live at Intel in Beaverton. Oregon is a sales tax free state, no sales tax period. It's pretty strange going into a sore adn paying $9.99 for something instead of $21.54[/QUOTE]
agreed.

when i was in oregon. i cld actually buy a wii for $199.99. for REAL!

california is turning me into a retard.

[quote name='rapsodist']Is this the first time that PSN cards will go on sale? I don't think I've ever seen a discount on them before.[/QUOTE]

Target had them on sale before, either $18 or $19, I think.. it's EXTREMELY rare.

The good news is the PS store tends to have lots of sales so it kind of evens out.

[quote name='rapsodist']Is this the first time that PSN cards will go on sale? I don't think I've ever seen a discount on them before.[/QUOTE]
Best Buy had it before, though it wasn't intentional. Buy $150 worth of video game accessories, get $25 best buy card.

Apparently, PSN card was considered an "accessory". That was in december 2009 i think.

I don't know if they can charge tax on these. Sort of like how some store got sued over taxing World of Warcraft time cards a couple years back BUT I did pick up a $20 PSN card PLUS a 2000 Wii Points card for $34 even.

Bought two $20 PSN cards today for $34. No tax. And that previous sale was $19, so this is way better. I'm contemplating getting some more cards this week.

[quote name='headpiece747']It is now live on the website: Target
If the link doesn't work then type Playstation Network in the search and it will come up for $17 when you place it in your cart.[/QUOTE]

Also seems they're charging shipping for them. Following this link gives $5 off $50 if you were planning on ordering 3 and that almost negates the shipping cost.

I will pick up 3 MS points cards cause I got a lot of songs to download on RB2 and the Map Pack for MW2. I just wish they would go on sale in stores more often.

Thanks OP! Needed a MS card for After Burner Climax this week and a PSN card for the sale on Wipeout HD.

Also picked up a 16GB Transend USB flash drive for $16.24 while I was there! :)

[quote name='handsomepete']Also seems they're charging shipping for them. Following this link gives $5 off $50 if you were planning on ordering 3 and that almost negates the shipping cost.[/QUOTE]

You are the man, I was going to pass on this deal but saving $9 and .34 for shipping sealed the deal. I just bought a PSPGO so I was going to buy games on PSN anyways.

I can always find deals on MS Points cards but I've RARELY seen PSN cards on sale so I grabbed 4 of them. Saved myself $12. That's a ton of Rock Band songs and a couple PSP Go games (Peace Walker and Persona 3)!

Looks like I will have to swing by Target later today. Just found another one in the area so I can check out he clearance and pick up some of the PSN cards.

[quote name='bh47']1 thing I like better about the Xbox Live store over PSN is there's no tax when you buy games and stuff on Live. I don't get why Sony charges tax for downloads on PSN...[/QUOTE]

They charge if they have a store in your state. This is per state laws. Microsoft does not have any stores to my knowledge. Sony does have some, mostly outlet stores in various ones.

[quote name='phantasyx']what about psn $50?[/QUOTE]

If you are asking about the $50 cards they are still $50. I picked up 3 $20 cards for a total of $51. Now I just need to find some stuff to buy.

[quote name='bengalboy']hey norkusa, did they have a bunch of the 16GB flash drives for that price, or is that YMMV? Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

They had a bunch. Well, they only had one more 16GB at the store I was at but I saw a bunch of 4GB's and 8GB's too. Someone else mentioned in the Target clearance thread that they also saw the flash drives on clearance, so it looks like the deal is chain-wide.

[quote name='norkusa']They had a bunch. Well, they only had one more 16GB at the store I was at but I saw a bunch of 4GB's and 8GB's too. Someone else mentioned in the Target clearance thread that they also saw the flash drives on clearance, so it looks like the deal is chain-wide.[/QUOTE]

Target clearance is EXTREMELY YMMV. Store to store, down the block from each other, can be on totally different schedules.

how does shipping work for these PSN cards? free? in store pick? ship to store? thanks in advance!!

bread's done
Back