[Sale over]Steam Five-Day-Long One-Day-Long Sale! COMPLETE EDITION

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Sorry I know it's been posted, but just wanted to push as many PC game deals as possible since there's so little of 'em around here (rabid PC fan here, bite me), here goes! I'll update as the sale updates.

TIME LEFT: 00:00:00 as of sale is over.

30/11/2009 - Day 5

Single Non-Packaged Games

- Sale over.

5-Day Long Packages:

LucasArts Premier Pack
- $49.99USD

- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis+Last Crusade
- The DIG
- Armed and Dangerous
- Star Wars: The Complete Online Adventures
- Star Wars: Dark Forces
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars: Republic Commando
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Star Wars: Starfighter
- Star Wars: KOTOR
- LOOM
- Monkey Island: Special Edition
- Lucidity

THQ Complete Pack - $49.99USD

- Company of Heroes+Opposing Fronts expansion pack
- Company of Heroes II: Tales of Valor
- Frontlines: Fuels of War
- Full Spectrum Warrior+Ten Hammer expansion pack
- Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights
- Red Faction
- Red Faction II
- Red Faction: Guerilla
- STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
- Saints Row II
- Titan Quest+Immortal Throne expansion pack
- Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War+Winter Assault+Dark Crusade+Soulstorm expansion packs
- Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

What you missed out on...

Day 1
- Farcry II+DLC $9.99USD
- Dargon Age: Origins $37.49USD
- OSMOS $2.00USD
- Champions Online $19.99USD
- Fallen Earth $24.99USD
- Batman Arkham Asylum $24.99USD
- GRID $7.49USD

Day 2
- Madballs in Babo: Invasion $2.00USD
- Majesty 2 $9.99USD
- Cities XL Limited Edition $24.99USD
- Star Wars: KOTOR $2.49USD
- Mini Ninjas $14.99USD
- Dead Space $14.99USD
- Left 4 Dead 2 $37.49USD

Day 3
- Ghostbusters: The Videogame $9.99USD
- City of Heroes: Architect Edition $9.99USD
- SPORE $19.99USD
- Resident Evil 5 $24.99USD
- Borderlands $33.49USD
- Order of War $9.99USD
- Trine $9.99USD
- Left 4 Dead $7.49USD

Day 4
- EVE Online: Apocrypha $4.99USD
- Battlefield 2: Complete Edition $14.99USD
- Lucidity $2.49USD
- Trackmania United Forever $19.99USD
- Prince of Persia $14.99USD
- World of Goo $4.99USD
- Guild Wars Trilogy $24.99USD

Day 5
- Evil Genius $2.49USD
- Mirror's Edge $5USD
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $9.99USD
- Section 8 $24.99USD
- The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition $2.49USD
- Quantz $2USD
- Dawn of Discovery $34.99USD
- Call of Juarez $20.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Now here's the question...I do not have a computer that can run any PC games, but I will be getting one in the summer...I'm super tempted by both those packages, so should I jump on them now or just wait till I'm ready to buy?

[quote name='game_fanatic']Now here's the question...I do not have a computer that can run any PC games, but I will be getting one in the summer...I'm super tempted by both those packages, so should I jump on them now or just wait till I'm ready to buy?[/QUOTE]

Get 'em now if you can, the prices are as rock-bottom as you could ask (the Lucasarts and THQ packs are roughly 3.80 a game!) and since you can download 'em as many time as you want.

GRID and Far Cry 2 are both games that run really nicely on 9600 GT and up cards. With the RADEON 4850 (which is about 4x as fast as a 9600 GT) cards going for $99 and decent dual core rig should run games at the highest settings.

Some of the RFD PC deals (like $350 quad cores and $399 dual core with 22" LCD) make it a good time to be a gamer.

The Arkham Asylum deal is fantastic too. The problem is that I don't want to spend $100ish on the first day of the sale.

To note, the THQ and LucasArts packs appear to be on sale until Monday. At least that's what the discount says on the product page.

I just spent $30 I hadn't intended to spend today. And that's just the first day. And then there's the christmas dealsplosion in less than a month's time.

I feel like a substance abuser. Sure, it's killing me, but I'm having a great time doing it!

Ahh I've decided to wait...I need to save my money to actually afford the gaming PC before I get the games...I also already have Republic Commando, Starfighter and KOTOR from the LucasArts bundle (and no urge to play any of the games) and Red Faction and Red Faction 2 from the THQ bundle (that's an incredible bundle though, more tempted by that than the LucasArts one). I'll just have to save my pennies!

[quote name='No One']Wow, that THQ pack is a retardedly good deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, product page says you save like $249+ on that thing.

[quote name='game_fanatic']...I also already have Republic Commando, Starfighter and KOTOR from the LucasArts bundle... [/QUOTE]

Just sell 'em off, when you buy the bundle if you already have the games you get extra copies as "gifts", I'm sure someone'll buy it (or it makes nice Xmas gifts) to make up the cost.

[quote name='kathos']Yeah, product page says you save like $249+ on that thing.

Just sell 'em off, when you buy the bundle if you already have the games you get extra copies as "gifts", I'm sure someone'll buy it (or it makes nice Xmas gifts) to make up the cost.[/QUOTE] I'm pretty sure that's only for valve games. I could be wrong though.

Just sell 'em off, when you buy the bundle if you already have the games you get extra copies as "gifts", I'm sure someone'll buy it (or it makes nice Xmas gifts) to make up the cost.[/QUOTE]

I have RepCom and KOTOR on the Xbox, and Starfighter on the PS2, and I'd be lucky to get $20 for the lot I think. I'm sure they'll go on sale again soon :)

Just sell 'em off, when you buy the bundle if you already have the games you get extra copies as "gifts", I'm sure someone'll buy it (or it makes nice Xmas gifts) to make up the cost.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you can't do this. I thought it was the way, but Valve won't allow it.

[quote name='kathos']Just sell 'em off, when you buy the bundle if you already have the games you get extra copies as "gifts", I'm sure someone'll buy it (or it makes nice Xmas gifts) to make up the cost.[/QUOTE]

Sadly only some of the valve games can be gifted, when you buy an extra copy.

School? What kind of joke administrators do you have when they didn't cancel school for the Steam Pre-Holiday sale? Don't they understand the deals are unfathomable?

Does anyone require 1 additional person for the 4 pack l4d2 deal? I am interested and will join a group. But I would rather not buy it myself because of taxes and exchange rates.

[quote name='Oi!Blimey']Does anyone require 1 additional person for the 4 pack l4d2 deal? I am interested and will join a group. But I would rather not buy it myself because of taxes and exchange rates.[/QUOTE]

It's an extra $10 ($39.74in CND) to grab it solo (that's tax free) instead of the four pack (around very low $30s each copy).

I'd say save yourself the headache of actually finding people+getting them to pay you etc etc within the next 20 or so hours and pay the extra $10 ~_~.

EDIT: Just picked up Madballs in Babo and KOTOR for under $5CND, that's a round trip on a bus! Amazing!

[quote name='kgroat']I can't resist games under $5, I wonder if Madballs is any good[/QUOTE]

I saw a quick trailer for it, it looks like something you'd have fun with for $2 (ex: those crappy toys at the exit of grocery stores in those machines), except this lasts much longer XD.

EDIT: Madballs was $2, KOTOR was like $2.50, just clarifying.

[quote name='kgroat']I can't resist games under $5, I wonder if Madballs is any good[/QUOTE]

when in doubt.. PLAY THE DEMO :D

That said, it is WELL worth the $2. The multiplayer is kicking rad. Make sure you have an Xbox 360 controller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, Resident Evil 5 and Borderlands are so tempting (even though the PC version of RE5 doesn't get any upcoming DLC). I gotta find three other people for the four-pack for Borderlands... will drop each copy down to $25 =P.

Day 4 is a bit disappointing... but that's only because we had marvelous deals every single day up to now.

That's what I got up till now:
- Kotor
- L4D2 (1/4 of 4 pack)
- L4D (4 pack deal and gifting the rest to friends)

I am holding off until Monday to buy the THQ pack. Lets hope the best has yet to come :D

I am thinking about picking up a copy of World of Goo for PC, just to support the dev, as I already have it for Wii. Other than that there is nothing that really interests me.

Debated picking up World of Goo and Lucidity yesterday but passed since I'm sure WOG will be on sale eventually and I was unsure of Lucidity.

Looks like I'm picking up Mirrors Edge and Secret of Monkey Island today! Riddick is tempting too but I have it on 360.

Some disgusting deals today (as in good), Monkey Island and Evil Genius for combined $5? Amazing.

What's with these deals that end in .00? Usually it's .99 or .49, can anyone expand on this?

Again, sorry for lateness, finals and such, you know the drill! ;)

Today was actually the only day I picked up (er... downloaded) anything: Evil Genius and Riddick. All the major titles (Borderlands and Dragon Age) were already on my games list :/

[quote name='Skardee']Today was actually the only day I picked up (er... downloaded) anything: Evil Genius and Riddick. All the major titles (Borderlands and Dragon Age) were already on my games list :/[/QUOTE]

Same here, I picked up the Monkey Island and the Quantz as well (don't know what the fuck it is, it's $2 though, so whatever).

Might drop and just pick up the THQ pack last minute though, it looks SO godamned sexy.

bread's done
Back