Sales not included on the Best Buy thread (El Shaddai and Deux Ex: Augmented Edition)

Fernando Rocker

CAGiversary!
So, I went to Best Buy to pick up some games, and I noticed some games at very good prices not included on the Best Buy Sale.

I got:

El Shaddai: Ascencion of the Metatron - $9.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Augmented Edition) - $14.99

And also... I know Rage is on sale right now, but I got the Anarchy Edition for $9.99

C9oeL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']This is not ymmv is it?[/QUOTE]

Don't think so. I saw Rage and El Shaddai for $10 at my BB as well on Sunday

[quote name='TooPoor']This is not ymmv is it?[/QUOTE]

Deus Ex is since it is a Clearance item according to his receipt. BB Clearance is always YMMV

[quote name='JP73']Deus Ex is since it is a Clearance item according to his receipt. BB Clearance is always YMMV[/QUOTE]

And if I'm reading that receipt right, so is El Shaddai.

[quote name='Kamina89']And if I'm reading that receipt right, so is El Shaddai.[/QUOTE]

They were both part of the best buy gaming blowout a couple of weeks ago. Chances are that BBY just kept the clearance prices in their system.

[quote name='JP73']Deus Ex is since it is a Clearance item according to his receipt. BB Clearance is always YMMV[/QUOTE]Both are store wide clearance even if you ordered online & did in-store p/u the price would change.

Also, there's no longer any need to hunt down a store that has a item for a clearance price. If someone post a pic of the receipt & you get the store #/phone # any BB can call to confirm the price & they can adjust the price in your store.(even if it's in a different state)

OP here's a thread that was started during the 1st/2nd wave of the recent drops
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324986

[quote name='Enuf']Both are store wide clearance even if you ordered online & did in-store p/u the price would change.

Also, there's no longer any need to hunt down a store that has a item for a clearance price. If someone post a pic of the receipt & you get the store #/phone # any BB can call to confirm the price & they can adjust the price in your store.(even if it's in a different state)

OP here's a thread that was started during the 1st/2nd wave of the recent drops
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324986[/QUOTE]

Well... if anyone find the games at your local Best Buy and want to price match, here are the details of my local Best Buy.

2455 Monarch
Laredo, TX 78045
Phone: 956-728-6989

Pretty sure it was Enuf who made a huge thread with all this info and many more games included. Check they thread for questions and skus. I'm sure it's buried but not too deep

[quote name='shadowkast']Pretty sure it was Enuf who made a huge thread with all this info and many more games included. Check they thread for questions and skus. I'm sure it's buried but not too deep[/QUOTE]LOL it's linked in #10 but there's been more & more titles added since.

Deus Ex Augmented Edition wasn't part of the clearance when the regular edition was on sale for $9.99. I asked the rep to scan it for me just incase it was also $9.99 since I couldn't find the regular edition and it rang up whatever the regular price it was going for at the time ($19.99 or $29.99). I'll have keep an eye out for this version next time, thanks Fernando Rocker.

No copies of Deus Ex anywhere around me. Would be sweet to snag it, guess I'll just wait and hope for Amazon to slash the price around Black Friday.

I loved DE:HR and have been waiting to get a deal on the Augmented Edition, but none of the Best Buys have any. Looks like I'll have to wait a little bit longer.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Well... if anyone find the games at your local Best Buy and want to price match, here are the details of my local Best Buy.

2455 Monarch
Laredo, TX 78045
Phone: 956-728-6989[/QUOTE]

A fellow cheapy in Laredo, did you by any chance saw one for ps3 , sometimes bestbuy.com inventory has been wrong and i found the item when i go to store.

I don't have any hopes of finding an Augmented Edition of Deus Ex at this point (I have the vanilla version anyhow) but I may stop by and see if I can get El Shaddai for $10. That sounds about right for the price I want to pay for it.

When I picked up my copy of sorcery, I also found tron evolution ps3 for $6.99. I'm looking forward to trying the 3d.

my best buy don't have augmented edition. i got screwed and paid the 70 at launch. Its an amazing game though.
rage is always on sale every few weeks.
and el shaddi is typically on the new egg sales

There was 1 copy of DE : Augmented Edition PS3 by me back during the first blowout sale,i was gonna get it but it scanned at $34.99 so i passed.Its long gone now though.

[quote name='wingzero16'] rage is always on sale every few weeks.
and el shaddi is typically on the new egg sales[/QUOTE]I believe the best rage deal was $5 via @gamer coupon bulletstorm/ME2 were also $5 each, FF XIII-2 was $15 & B:AC was $10. Even added in the $15 sub getting 5 games + sub for less than the cost of a new title is unbeatable.

[quote name='joshxx']A fellow cheapy in Laredo, did you by any chance saw one for ps3 , sometimes bestbuy.com inventory has been wrong and i found the item when i go to store.[/QUOTE]

Well, hello!

I actually live in Nuevo Laredo, but I work in Laredo, TX.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Were they marked on the shelves for that price or did it ring up for that price?[/QUOTE]

It was marked on the shelve as $14.99 but it was mixed with the regular edition.

[quote name='joshxx']A fellow cheapy in Laredo, did you by any chance saw one for ps3 , sometimes bestbuy.com inventory has been wrong and i found the item when i go to store.[/QUOTE]

Oh, and sorry... I didn't look for a PS3 version. See, I have this OCD thing, and every generation, I always buy multiplatform games on a single console (witth a few exceptions). So, I buy every multiplatform game for my 360. My PS3 and Wii are for exclusives. But soon, I will buy every multiplatform game for the Wii U.

The only exception I have made this generation is Final Fantasy. I bought the PS3 version of Final Fantasy XIII and I will buy XIII-2 for the PS3 too.

I like the Deus EX augmented. A little cheap on the packaging, but mp3 soundtrack and its overall just kinda cool imo. I'd buy another if I saw it at this price.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Well, hello!

I actually live in Nuevo Laredo, but I work in Laredo, TX.[/QUOTE]

Surviving Nuevo Laredo is no small feat, kudos to you sir!

PS: I also live by the border :)

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Oh, and sorry... I didn't look for a PS3 version. See, I have this OCD thing, and every generation, I always buy multiplatform games on a single console (witth a few exceptions). So, I buy every multiplatform game for my 360. My PS3 and Wii are for exclusives. But soon, I will buy every multiplatform game for the Wii U.

The only exception I have made this generation is Final Fantasy. I bought the PS3 version of Final Fantasy XIII and I will buy XIII-2 for the PS3 too.[/QUOTE]

Hi i too live in Nuevo Laredo but sadly work here too :cry:, i too only have a ps3 and a wii, and nice for youtr choice on getting Wii U i will get it when i finish my backlog of games i have , but gladly theres another person that comes here and is from the same city keep in touch dude.

P.S. If you find Deus EX on PS33 please let me know.

The Cherry Hill, NJ store had a few drops on clearance PC games:

Portal 2 $9.99
Myst 10th Anniversary $9.99
Medal of Honor $9.99
Dead Space 2 $9.99
Dungeon Siege III $9.99
Deus Ex: HR (vanilla) $6.99

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']No go at the surrounding stores. It's alright. I barely played my PS3 copy from last year...[/QUOTE]

Doesn't mean we wont play it :roll:

If anyone is interested, I have an unused Augmented Edition for 360 I'd be willing to let go for like $25 shipped. It's still got all the unused codes and extras in mint condition.

[quote name='shinclyde']Surviving Nuevo Laredo is no small feat, kudos to you sir!

PS: I also live by the border :)[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it!

bread's done
Back