Salvia - the new marijuana

Theres a reason why its called Salvia Divinorum. Originally used for divination in Central America.

In any event, check erowid: http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml

For those questioning the legality of it check here: http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia_law.shtml

Me personally, I've never tried it. All I've ever done alcohol, weed, and DXM. Been about a year before I last tripped on DXM, though I do love the dissociative effects. Though I only care for upper pleateau ones and very very low twos

My friend did it and thought he was a ketchup bottle on a shelf in a grocery store and this lady in a green dress tried to buy him so he fell over and started rolling to get away from her.

My other friend walked towards light even though it was like 1am and realized it was the sun and tried then sun had cloud minions like in Mario and they beat his ass and he felt needles in his body and was scared of the sun because it beat his ass so hard.

Another friend saw like a building kinda only in each window was a different reality and he went into them and started living them, one he was a brick in the side of a building, stuff like that.

Another one of my friends said it was like that Chess game for the N64 and he saw me kill one of our friends in it and he started saying "Z TO MUH B!" and weird shit and he said it was a cheat code to beat me but it didn't work and he ended up crying and snot was dripping all over him.

Another friend said he forgot what everything was. He didn't know what humans were or what English was or what anything was. He said it was like being born again and knowing nothing.

It's like a really weird feeling for me, definitely not euphoric. It makes me extremely tired afterwards too. I usually hold the hit until I burst out laughing. The 2nd time I tried it I stared at the ground so I wouldn't laugh looking at anyone. I was looking at my friends driveway in the fall and there were some leaves on it and I was holding my hit then burst out laughing because there were faces in the driveway and they looked like they had the funniest mustaches ever from the leaves.

Another time I did it I felt like I was falling through realities and stopped in one then realized it was scary (Once again not a euphoric feeling at all) and started falling through more to get to a better one.

More than 10 of my friends have done it and pretty much all of them said never again until the next day. It's scary shit until you realize how awesome it was. I kinda got tired of doing it after ~7 times of it not being happy feelings and stuff. It's really gloomy dark feelings for me, but we've come to the conclusion it really depends on your personality.

If anyone has any questions PM me I'm sure I could answer almost any of them.

If you're going to do it, I'd recommend at least 20x extract or if you're buying it by the box colors get purple or even blue. But that's just me, if I'm going to do something I'm going to do it, not bitch out and only do a small dose. You also need to use a waterbong, I'd recommend glass because it's so much better. You need a torch lighter and you have to hold the torch lighter on the extract (black powder) while you take the hit. You should hold the hit for around 30 seconds but I've never held mine in that long without bursting out laughing and exhaling it.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']No way, those guys are retarded.

I just personally believe that most illegal drug proponents deserve to die, that's all.[/quote]

LoL.

I find that hard to take seriously from a guy named after a stimulant.

Salvia is so lame, even the 10X extract that I've bought at the head shops here gives only a minute buzz.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Salvia is so lame, even the 10X extract that I've bought at the head shops here gives only a minute buzz.[/quote]

You should try 40x

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']You should try 40x[/QUOTE]

I'd rather get the dependable herb from craigslist as I always do.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']

My mom said Salvia is just Sage herb.
[/quote]

Common Salvia is a flower that is very popular in Lowes and such. It's not an herb and I wouldn't want to eat the leaves.

However your mom is half right as the family of Salvia includes sage. I grow pineapple sage, it tastes like apples. I haven't tried to smoke it through. :lol:

[quote name='CrimGhost']I'd rather get the dependable herb from craigslist as I always do.[/quote]

I hear that. Salvia couldn't take the place of that so I just quit doing it after awhile. I mixed them once but it wasn't much of a difference. Have you ever baked "The dependable herb"? I made some firecrackers couple weeks ago but didn't get to try them because the party I was at got busted so I had to cut and run...not soon enough though.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Common Salvia is a flower that is very popular in Lowes and such. It's not an herb and I wouldn't want to eat the leaves.

However your mom is half right as the family of Salvia includes sage. I grow pineapple sage, it tastes like apples. I haven't tried to smoke it through. :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, it has to be the right strain or whatever of salvia, divinorum I think

[quote name='Kayden']It's still a stupid fucking "excuse". I work with a guy that will put damn near anything in his veins and I'm not tempted the ride the horse. All I have to do is look at what a burn out he is. :lol: He's always telling me I should try shrooms or acid or LSD or whatever his currently tripping on and I just tell him to cram it.

Me getting chiefed once every couple of months should be the last worry on any cop or politicians mind.[/quote]

I'm not seeing where you're really disagreeing with me. I agree that heroin is bad. Physically, mentally, and has a very negative effect on society as a whole. However, we're talking about something that has very short effects (salvia not pot), is non addictive and most likely no more harmful than cigs. You agree that pot use shouldn't really worry cops or politicians and indeed most that I've encountered just make you dump the shit and don't take you in. Please clarify what you mean by a stupid excuse?

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']I hear that. Salvia couldn't take the place of that so I just quit doing it after awhile. I mixed them once but it wasn't much of a difference. Have you ever baked "The dependable herb"? I made some firecrackers couple weeks ago but didn't get to try them because the party I was at got busted so I had to cut and run...not soon enough though.
[/QUOTE]

I've had it in brownies, really tasty and smooth.

Tried it once with a friend, both drunk at the time and had heard good things, but it was a waste of money.... neither of us got anything out of it. We tried smoking out of a regular pipe, maybe the water bong makes a difference, but I think this stuff is really hit or miss.

[quote name='CrimGhost']I'd rather get the dependable herb from craigslist as I always do.[/quote] That's a joke, right?

rushes to craigslist tokyo, just in case

I've used it with a butane lighter and didn't really get anything and I've used it with a regular lighter both without a water pipe. The one with the butane didn't do anything but I assume that's because it was weak whereas the stuff we smoked with a regular lighter was incredibly intense.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Tried it once with a friend, both drunk at the time and had heard good things, but it was a waste of money.... neither of us got anything out of it. We tried smoking out of a regular pipe, maybe the water bong makes a difference, but I think this stuff is really hit or miss.[/quote]

A water bong with a torch lighter igniting it the entire length of someone inhaling is very important. The most important part is holding the hit for ~30 seconds though. And there are many different extracts which vary in potency. So even if you do everything perfectly a 5x extract is going to be totally different than a 20x

So what's that blue plant called that was in Batman Begins? Is that real? :lol:

Maybe its time to have youtube videos of CAGs experimenting with legal herbs.

I just personally believe that most illegal drug proponents deserve to die, that's all.[/quote]

You are fascist scum. All drugs should be legal, because no one has the right to dictate what anyone else is allowed to put in their own body.

About salvia, the goodness of it really depends on what kind you get. I had some pretty shitty stuff that only gave me a little buzz, but my sister bought some stuff that I would absolutely do again. I saw orbs floating all over my skin. Little, orange orbs that lined my entire body. It was awesome.

I also laughed a lot. Apparently I did this for about half an hour, but it felt like maybe five minutes.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Maybe its time to have youtube videos of CAGs experimenting with legal herbs.[/quote]

:applause: I'd agree with you, but considering I'm pretty sure I'm out of the statue of limitations, I'll have to pass. I don't need any legal trouble, and since it's still illegal in Illinois I'll have to pass. Plus I'm not sure Cheapy would appreciate his stite being associated with that.

It lasts for 5 minutes, it's expensive and it's quite esoteric. It's not an issue unless the retards in power hype it up, trying to ban it, THEN it becomes an issue.

It makes you "trip", but nothing like shrooms or acid. It's probably the least addictive drug out there and a gram has lasted months for me.

It makes you unable to talk, makes you hot, and walking becomes quite difficult, so how could it impair driving? This is something you do in a basement, or outside, that's always fun. You also feel "weird" for a while after, which is probably why it's not that addictive.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Theres always peyote...[/quote]

Truth.

Driving 40 miles or so to pick it on the back of a 4 wheeler isn't so bad. Actually kinda fun. :]

I just personally believe that most illegal drug proponents deserve to die, that's all.[/QUOTE]

Alcohol does more damage than marijuana so it seems a bit ignorant to just bash the illegal drug proponents.

[quote name='Xevious']I heard that sniffing cow dung will get you high (at least, that was reported in India).[/quote]

You have to feed them contaminated protein. Sheesh, replay Fallout 2.

[quote name='sweeetja713']Lil harsh don't you think? Any particular reason you think proponents deserve to die? Keep in mind a large number of proponents for the legalization don't even do drugs, they just think the war on drugs is a complete waste of taxpayer dollars and legalization could bring in millions of dollars in tax revenues. We're talking a potential swing of billions of dollars in taxes.

Those that do use pot or salvia recreationally are largely law abiding citizens otherwise. And don't try the gateway drug excuse, even the drug taskforce acknowledges that it's a gateway drug because it puts users in contact with those dealing harder drugs. If they could get it at a gas station or smoke shop they wouldn't be put in contact with those dealing harder drugs.[/quote]

Not to mention government regulated pot wouldn't be laced with meth, cocaine, heroin, Drano or any number of impurities used to upsell or artificially increase supply.

Have a couple of friends who've done it. Say its short and gives you kind of a laughing high. Feels weird they say some don't reccomend it some got really sick.

Are you high now?

[quote name='Ranger Rick']Have a couple of friends who've done it. Say its short and gives you kind of a laughing high. Feels weird they say some don't reccomend it some got really sick.[/quote]

And you ll only really get it liek that if you actually do it right and get a high concentrate. I can tell a lot of people didnt do it right, and thus didnt get such crazy effects.

Again, Ive onyl heard of this haha.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Not to mention government regulated pot wouldn't be laced with meth, cocaine, heroin, Drano or any number of impurities used to upsell or artificially increase supply.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you that pot is never laced with any of the above things. The only thing pot is ever laced with is liquid horse tranqs or sugar water (causes the appearance of THC crystals). Why would someone lace pot with such expensive drugs like heroin or cocaine? I have known people to put either on top of a bowl or rolled in a joint but when you buy it, it wont be like that. Drano would kill you.

I have a feeling that you have never smoked pot. Im not bashing you for it, but rather saying that its better to not give false information about things you dont know.

Also, medical grade pot has a higher THC count than most any pot you could get on the streets.

I have had friends who claim it "hits them."

I have had friends who claim it "didn't do anything."

Sometimes I think its all mental to be honest.

[quote name='karmapolice']I can tell you that pot is never laced with any of the above things. The only thing pot is ever laced with is liquid horse tranqs or sugar water (causes the appearance of THC crystals). Why would someone lace pot with such expensive drugs like heroin or cocaine? I have known people to put either on top of a bowl or rolled in a joint but when you buy it, it wont be like that. Drano would kill you.

I have a feeling that you have never smoked pot. Im not bashing you for it, but rather saying that its better to not give false information about things you dont know.

Also, medical grade pot has a higher THC count than most any pot you could get on the streets.[/quote]

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080213213206AAQ6hJs

Some people say it is a myth. Others say their dealers mix in other stuff with their weed.

The overall point being that current drug laws do not allow a drug addict to sue their drug dealers for selling them a dangerous product.

If there was government regulation of pot, the exact potency and ingredients of the product would be known.

Regarding my personal experience with pot, it is rather limited. A chemist friend of a friend in college was distilling pot into a cup. From what I understand, he had been using the same cup to distill all of his pot for months on end. Except for some minor black stains in the bottom of the cup, I thought it was clean and I used it for my wine glass during that night's party. Well ... there are about 5 hours I can't remember, but that glass didn't have any black stains in the morning.

Currently, I don't take any illegal substances. I have a wife, kids and a house. The penalties on drug offenses are so obnoxiously high that I'd lose all three for even a minor infraction.

[quote name='karmapolice']Also, medical grade pot has a higher THC count than most any pot you could get on the streets.[/QUOTE]
So true. My old co-worker had one of those medical marijuana cards and when people found out they always tried to buy his weed. He figures he's lucky enough to just have it and he didn't want to get into that whole thing.

[quote name='kevzik']I have had friends who claim it "hits them."

I have had friends who claim it "didn't do anything."

Sometimes I think its all mental to be honest.[/QUOTE]
Prove it! ;)

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080213213206AAQ6hJs

Some people say it is a myth. Others say their dealers mix in other stuff with their weed.

The overall point being that current drug laws do not allow a drug addict to sue their drug dealers for selling them a dangerous product.

If there was government regulation of pot, the exact potency and ingredients of the product would be known.

Regarding my personal experience with pot, it is rather limited. A chemist friend of a friend in college was distilling pot into a cup. From what I understand, he had been using the same cup to distill all of his pot for months on end. Except for some minor black stains in the bottom of the cup, I thought it was clean and I used it for my wine glass during that night's party. Well ... there are about 5 hours I can't remember, but that glass didn't have any black stains in the morning.

Currently, I don't take any illegal substances. I have a wife, kids and a house. The penalties on drug offenses are so obnoxiously high that I'd lose all three for even a minor infraction.[/quote]

No offense but those black stains could have been virtually anything. Do you know what his 'distillation' process entailed?

In all my years of smoking I have never had a dealer (even a stranger) lace pot on me. Even if the dealer hates me the worst I've had is gross overcharging in a situation where I had no choice but to pay up. I've mixed plenty of drugs in with pot on my own but I've never bought it laced or heard of anyone having problems.

no dealer would lace pot for you, unless he's planning on smoking it with you or or raping you...
now salivia should be should be illegal and pot should be legal, salivia makes even heavy pot users trip like they've never tripped before(depending on potency) and it last no where near 1 hr
i say 5 mins tops, but you will still have side effects and that shit is more expensive than weed

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080213213206AAQ6hJs

Currently, I don't take any illegal substances. I have a wife, kids and a house. The penalties on drug offenses are so obnoxiously high that I'd lose all three for even a minor infraction.[/QUOTE]

It seems that you drank the equivalent of what we call "the green dragon". It is a distilled thc alcoholic drink. It gets you drunk/high. I dont blame you for not smoking with kids and a wife. Its insane how they can completely take your life away just for having some pot.

[quote name='cochesecochese']No offense but those black stains could have been virtually anything. Do you know what his 'distillation' process entailed?

In all my years of smoking I have never had a dealer (even a stranger) lace pot on me. Even if the dealer hates me the worst I've had is gross overcharging in a situation where I had no choice but to pay up. I've mixed plenty of drugs in with pot on my own but I've never bought it laced or heard of anyone having problems.[/quote]

1. This happened in 1997.

2. He didn't give me a full tour of his operation. However, he was a senior year chemist at a prestigious university with high enough marks to go into medical school. If there was a way to purify pot, he would have known. Nowadays, people use Google.

3. The lacing pot comment was exaggeration to stress a point of product safety. With nothing more than my conversations with a few dozen potheads inside and outside of my family, I'm certain drug dealers aren't lacing their dime bags with four pounds of heroin. Most of us here wouldn't drink a bottle of water, eat a steak, drive a car or live in a house that wouldn't pass inspection. With pot or any other drug, your getting a product with a question mark on it unless you've grown or manufactured it yourself.

The government's take on pot is still somewhere in the neighborhood of Reefer Madness.

Reality about pot is closer to In Pot We Trust.

[quote name='karmapolice']It seems that you drank the equivalent of what we call "the green dragon". It is a distilled thc alcoholic drink. It gets you drunk/high. I dont blame you for not smoking with kids and a wife. Its insane how they can completely take your life away just for having some pot.[/quote]

1 year probation =/= completely take your life away IMO

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']1. This happened in 1997.

2. He didn't give me a full tour of his operation. However, he was a senior year chemist at a prestigious university with high enough marks to go into medical school. If there was a way to purify pot, he would have known. Nowadays, people use Google.

3. The lacing pot comment was exaggeration to stress a point of product safety. With nothing more than my conversations with a few dozen potheads inside and outside of my family, I'm certain drug dealers aren't lacing their dime bags with four pounds of heroin. Most of us here wouldn't drink a bottle of water, eat a steak, drive a car or live in a house that wouldn't pass inspection. With pot or any other drug, your getting a product with a question mark on it unless you've grown or manufactured it yourself.

The government's take on pot is still somewhere in the neighborhood of Reefer Madness.

Reality about pot is closer to In Pot We Trust.[/quote]

1. That's nice.

2. I do not doubt your roommate's chemistry abilities and they are not being measured here. There are many ways to concentrate THC and I'm sure he was able to do it successfully.

I was trying to get at the fact that you didn't know what occurred during his process and thus the residue found in the glass could have been anything. If you can't identify the residue then it's not fair to assume it was pure THC which caused the effects you felt.

3. That was a reach if I've ever seen one. Look I'm not trying to be an ass about this but my writing is pretty dry so I know it comes off that way. There's so enough misinformation about pot being spread around as it is so I merely wanted to clear that up.

[quote name='karmapolice']I can tell you that pot is never laced with any of the above things. The only thing pot is ever laced with is liquid horse tranqs or sugar water (causes the appearance of THC crystals). Why would someone lace pot with such expensive drugs like heroin or cocaine? I have known people to put either on top of a bowl or rolled in a joint but when you buy it, it wont be like that. Drano would kill you.

Also, medical grade pot has a higher THC count than most any pot you could get on the streets.[/quote]

Lemme guess you also believe that coke dealers don't cut their shit with the likes of baking soda, do you?

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Lemme guess you also believe that coke dealers don't cut their shit with the likes of baking soda, do you?[/quote]

Apples and oranges. Coke dealers cut for sure. Everyone who uses coke knows this.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Apples and oranges. Coke dealers cut for sure. Everyone who uses coke knows this.[/quote]

But those that think a dealer has scruples and doesn't put a little something in there is just flat out naive. Not all do, but some do. Think in their logic for a brief moment. You come to me and want a dime. I hook you up with it. BUT, I want you to be a repeat customer. Take that one step further, say I'm a dealer that wants repeat customers that ONLY come to me and I have no scruples. I put just a tiny amount of something else in there. Boom, you get hooked on my shit, I get returning customers with "referrals". Again, unless its someone that you actually do know, putting that much trust into a dealer not that bright.

And before anyone screams bloody murder, I'm simply playing devils advocate...

Now lets return to our regularly scheduled thread!

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']But those that think a dealer has scruples and doesn't put a little something in there is just flat out naive. Not all do, but some do. Think in their logic for a brief moment. You come to me and want a dime. I hook you up with it. BUT, I want you to be a repeat customer. Take that one step further, say I'm a dealer that wants repeat customers that ONLY come to me and I have no scruples. I put just a tiny amount of something else in there. Boom, you get hooked on my shit, I get returning customers with "referrals". Again, unless its someone that you actually do know, putting that much trust into a dealer not that bright.

And before anyone screams bloody murder, I'm simply playing devils advocate...

Now lets return to our regularly scheduled thread![/quote]

Playing devil's advocate is all good and well but it simply just doesn't happen like that in the real world. I'm just going to bullet list this:

- 'Some' isn't a number and from the steady smokers that have chimed in, cutting is almost unheard of. It's a waste of good pot.

- If you have a good dealer that delivers on product then you'll stay with him. This isn't video games; stoners aren't motivated to shop around.

- Every time I've bought from a new dealer I've always asked to try before I buy and smoked him up right then and there with his own stash. If he's unwilling to smoke you know he's a cop or something's up.

Have you smoked pot? Do you smoke it now?

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']1 year probation =/= completely take your life away IMO[/quote]

If you're 17, living at home with your parents and have four years of college in front of you, you're right.

If you're good at sports, you're right.

If you're on step 7 of Dave Ramsey's financial peace plan, you're right.

If you can't afford to spend a few months of mortgage payments on an attorney fees, court costs and other fees the government will dick you on OR you work in an employment at will state, you're probably wrong.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']If you're 17, living at home with your parents and have four years of college in front of you, you're right.

If you're good at sports, you're right.

If you're on step 7 of Dave Ramsey's financial peace plan, you're right.

If you can't afford to spend a few months of mortgage payments on an attorney fees, court costs and other fees the government will dick you on OR you work in an employment at will state, you're probably wrong.[/quote]

You speak the truth.

The government has setup all sorts of ways to screw you over for doing that stuff.

Evaluating the risk/reward - it's just not worth it.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Lemme guess you also believe that coke dealers don't cut their shit with the likes of baking soda, do you?[/QUOTE]

Actually I used to be heavily addicted to cocaine and I am just over a year and a half clean. I know exactly what dealers cut it with since I have sat and watched many do it.

a)baking soda
b)Laundry detergent
c)talcum powder
d)and on and on

The fact is that most pot can be sold for a profit without doing anything to it. Whether it be good or bad pot, when its bought in quantity you can always making money selling smaller quantities. Heres some math:

If you buy an ounce of mids for 150 and you divide that up int eight 1/8's, that gives you: 18.75 for each one. Where I come from I could most like get 25-35 for each 1/8.
That comes out to $50-130 profit off of one ounce. That sir is good money for what could essentially be one days work.

When making such money why would you risk putting shit in your pot that would make you lose customers? You have to remember that its a business in itself.

Anymore questions?

bread's done
Back