Samorost 2 for $2.50 (50%) on Steam

for a good 3-4 hours of adventuring gaming you get with that intro price
its worth it for a quick fix

I wasn't too impressed with the original Samorost, so I won't be plucking this second game from obscurity, not even for $2.50.

If I change my mind, though, the game usually goes for $4.99; I'm set.

I tried out Samorost 1 some time a go in anticipation of Machinarium and found it to be the most excruciating pixel hunting ever seen in a game. Not my idea of fun, so I didn't have patience to play it for very long.

edit: the puzzles are also so bizarrely abstract that you just furiously click on everything hoping it will do something, all in trial and error.

I enjoyed the demo, so I bit at this. Sad to say, after the demo ends there's only a small amount more to the game (probably about the same amount you get in the demo.) So, double the demo and you get about that much for $2.50.

Do I feel cheated? No. If I had known the game was only that much longer would I have spent $2.50 on it? No. The game is worth $2.50 for the music and style, but I could have stopped at the demo if I had known the full game wasn't all that much more. Otherwise, if you're really digging on the art and music, $2.50 is a great price for this game.

I have a general Steam question. I'm surprised there haven't been too many deals outside of the 5-Day 1-Day. How did Steam do their deals last year? Was there a Christmas Day Sale? New Year's Sale?

Basically, should I be expecting anything other than the 5-Day 1-Day?

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I have a general Steam question. I'm surprised there haven't been too many deals outside of the 5-Day 1-Day. How did Steam do their deals last year? Was there a Christmas Day Sale? New Year's Sale?[/QUOTE]

Last year was pretty good. Started the day after Christmas, and lasted until January 2.

A couple dozen items (some games, and some packs) were 25% off, a couple dozen others were 50-75% off, a few little things (like the original DOOM, and Luxor 2, that sort of thing) were just 99 cents, and everything else in the entire catalog was 10% off.

I think maybe people are getting a little TOO hyped for this years sale, forgetting that the vast majority of the catalog was just 10% off; people on the Steam forums seriously seem to be expecting like, all of this years big-name titles to be like, 80% off or something. It's a great sale, but I would try to not have too many preconceived notions about it, and just see what comes up.

Sounds awesome. After this week's Deals, I was wondering if there was, in fact, something huge on the horizon for the holidays.

I certainly hope Steam does a repeat performance this year.

bread's done
Back