Sams Club Canada Closing...

I sort of assumed they'd pass the unsold merch to their retail stores... :whistle2:k

If true this could be hot. Wasn't Sam's Club a paid membership store, sort of like Costco? There's one in Woodbridge.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I sort of assumed they'd pass the unsold merch to their retail stores... :whistle2:k

If true this could be hot. Wasn't Sam's Club a paid membership store, sort of like Costco? There's one in Woodbridge.[/quote]

It was exactly like Costco right down to the layout...I was a member and they are not going to be refunding any membership fee's because apparently my membership is still good in the U.S...yay....:wall:

[quote name='Bencherstyle']its closing? a shame.. ive had good memories with her.

40%???? if it is, it is pretty hot..[/quote]

Again this is what I heard but who really knows..."Cthulhu8u" made a good point, you figure they would ship most of the electronics, etc to their Walmart stores...but with Walmart who knows...I believe its starts on March 2nd...

Bencherstyle, it's hot only if it applies to gaming, but remember, gaming items sell everywhere, so that might be one of the things they move to the retail stores, with the low profit margin on that stuff it seems like a no brainer.

But still, Sam's Club only has 6 stores in Southern Ontario (from what the news said anyway) and they're gonna be building Wal Mart "Megastores" (dunno where) so they just might be selling off excess stock and just changing layout completely.

[quote name='muskrat']It was exactly like Costco right down to the layout...I was a member and they are not going to be refunding any membership fee's because apparently my membership is still good in the U.S...yay....:wall:[/quote]

"All you have to do is make sure your passport is valid, then possibly drive for hours out of your way to cross a border into another country to use your membership! P.S. Make sure you have the proper currency available to patronize our business!"

I'm not usually a confrontational person, but that would have me screaming at management.

Alright, so I suppose this is what gets me to post rather than lurk...

I work(ed) in the meat department at the Sam's Club in Woodbridge and I can say that they're being pretty vague about games/dvd's going on liquidation when asked. HOWEVER, I did notice something interesting-- we recieved a few pages of info listing off the new prices for meat and deli products and at the top of the first page were a few listings of reduced games and a 360 Pro Console. Here's a list of what I remember (it may not be right on, but it's close enough):

360 Pro Console - 198.97
Rockband Special Edition - 78.97
Ninja Gaiden (No console listed, probably PS3) - 18.97
Dark Sector - 18.97

Not much, but the 360 is pretty damn hot if it turns out to be true. I'll update if I find anything else out.

[quote name='RockyRaccoon37']Alright, so I suppose this is what gets me to post rather than lurk...

I work(ed) in the meat department at the Sam's Club in Woodbridge and I can say that they're being pretty vague about games/dvd's going on liquidation when asked. HOWEVER, I did notice something interesting-- we recieved a few pages of info listing off the new prices for meat and deli products and at the top of the first page were a few listings of reduced games and a 360 Pro Console. Here's a list of what I remember (it may not be right on, but it's close enough):

360 Pro Console - 198.97
Rockband Special Edition - 78.97
Ninja Gaiden (No console listed, probably PS3) - 18.97
Dark Sector - 18.97

Not much, but the 360 is pretty damn hot if it turns out to be true. I'll update if I find anything else out.[/quote]

Wow, that's some good insider info (and from Woodbridge, woohoo! :))

If true, aren't the 360 Pro and Ninja Gaiden prices pretty hot? Dark Sector has been cheaper, and Rock Band was 50% off recently.

Also, do you need to be a member to take advantage of these possible deals? If so, it becomes :cold: to a majority of us.

This should probably be kept on the DL as much as possible...

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Wow, that's some good insider info (and from Woodbridge, woohoo! :))

If true, aren't the 360 Pro and Ninja Gaiden prices pretty hot? Dark Sector has been cheaper, and Rock Band was 50% off recently.

Also, do you need to be a member to take advantage of these possible deals? If so, it becomes :cold: to a majority of us.

This should probably be kept on the DL as much as possible...[/quote]

Here's the info:

When is the last day of regular operation?
All SAM’S CLUB Canada locations will continue to remain open to all members until 6 p.m. on Sunday, March 1, 2009. March 1 is the last day of regular operation.

What happens after March 1?
Beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday, March 2, 2009 and ending at 7 p.m. on Sunday, March 8, 2009, Business Members will have an exclusive opportunity to take advantage of clearance pricing on select and remaining SAM’S CLUB merchandise. During these days, the Clubs will be open to Business Members only.

Beginning on March 9, 2009 7 a.m., for a limited time, the Clubs will be opened to the general public. All merchandise will be available while supplies last only.

i beleive i have sams club membership somewhere :/.....

hmm, i would love it if the foods go on sale , i love their food :)

^ where did you get that info?? and will the flyer be given to the general public?

[quote name='Bencherstyle']i beleive i have sams club membership somewhere :/.....

hmm, i would love it if the foods go on sale , i love their food :)

^ where did you get that info?? and will the flyer be given to the general public?[/quote]

I was just at Sam's Club, there's already scummy RFDs' lining up for that Xbox. ;)

What's the difference between their food and grocery food? Unless you mean that awesome diner thing they got going like at Costco.

[quote name='RockyRaccoon37']Here's the info:[/quote]

Nice info Rocky, and thanks OP. Don't think I'll take advantage, but others should be able to.

heh, im not interested in the 360s, so they can go at it. is the 360 already priced at 199.??

i mean both of course. i love their pizza there :/ i dont kno why... i just do...

and they have some goods that normal stores dont sell.... zomg, i hope the truffles goes on sale!!!! ive spent 200 bux on chocolates last year alone

I was there this morning (Feb 28).

No Wii or PS3 games were on sale yet but there were a few 360 games that were discounted. Here's what I saw:

Eragon $5
Shadowrun $10
Lost Odyssey $12
Ninja Gaiden II $12
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer $12
Dark Sector $12 (BTW this is $9.99 new at EB games, so you know where to buy it)
Tenchu Z $12
DOA Extreme 2 $12 (not even worth it at $5, in my opinion)

Happy hunting.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']^ where did you get that info?? and will the flyer be given to the general public?[/quote]

It was sent via email to members and I don't think any flyer is going out, but I can't be sure.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']I want my chicken! !![/quote]

$2.79 for a chicken!

But you'll have to knock the crap outta some folks to get one. You drop the price of chicken and suddenly people start acting like animals.

And if you're interested in grabbing meat/produce you'd better hurry; I know our location is getting a shipment in sometime today, but that'll be it. After Sunday, fresh food departments are effectively closed, at least at the Woodbridge location, I can't speak for the others.

^ yea, i heard that it was 2.79... i love their chicken .. :( cuz my family is too buzy to feed me, god damn it.

im looking for the membership as we speak. i think it expired or something :/ if that is the case, i shall borrow it from a friend ..;)

thanks for the info man, real help.

Would a kind soul pick up Lost Odyssey for me?
I don't live near any sam's club and I've been meaning to buy the game for awhile now.

[quote name='muskrat']I was a member and they are not going to be refunding any membership fee's because apparently my membership is still good in the U.S...yay....:wall:[/QUOTE]

Did you get this information over the phone or in the store? Asking because my wife and mother (who got a gift membership for Christmas :roll:) both got full cash refunds on Feb. 27.

Not sure if they're still doing the refunds, though.

No deals. Yet. Well a few random food items. The business week is for people who own businesses to buy everything they want for their stores before the store goes public.

March 7 the liquidation begins.

[quote name='RockyRaccoon37']After Sunday, fresh food departments are effectively closed, at least at the Woodbridge location, I can't speak for the others.[/quote]

Woodbridge?? The girl who decorates the cakes, what a beauty!!!

[quote name='Lockescythe']No deals. Yet. Well a few random food items. The business week is for people who own businesses to buy everything they want for their stores before the store goes public.

March 7 the liquidation begins.[/QUOTE]

march 7? i thought it was march 9

Alright, so I noticed that they had their video game stuff on sale today.

Nothing too hot really, new releases (Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, Gears 2, Fable II, Socom w/headset etc.) were priced at about $47, with other games marked down by $10-$15.

Woodbridge location had about 3 40 GB PS3's with a free copy of Spidey 3 Blu-ray for $250, which is pretty decent I think. I can't recall the prices of the other consoles, but it wasn't much more than $40 or $50 cheaper than retail.

BUT there were some good deals concerning accessories, Dual Shock 3 for $35, Wii Speak for $20, Wii Whell for $5, Blu-ray remote for $15, 360 hard drives were on the cheap too, but I can't remember how much.

So nothing too special, but it might be worth checking out tomorrow, if you're willing to deal with long lines and large crowds.

[quote name='RockyRaccoon37']Alright, so I noticed that they had their video game stuff on sale today.

Nothing too hot really, new releases (Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, Gears 2, Fable II, Socom w/headset etc.) were priced at about $47, with other games marked down by $10-$15.

Woodbridge location had about 3 40 GB PS3's with a free copy of Spidey 3 Blu-ray for $250, which is pretty decent I think. I can't recall the prices of the other consoles, but it wasn't much more than $40 or $50 cheaper than retail.

BUT there were some good deals concerning accessories, Dual Shock 3 for $35, Wii Speak for $20, Wii Whell for $5, Blu-ray remote for $15, 360 hard drives were on the cheap too, but I can't remember how much.

So nothing too special, but it might be worth checking out tomorrow, if you're willing to deal with long lines and large crowds.[/quote]

Hmm all the locations are so far out and are all in the GTA regions. Heres hoping PM works, or at least I'll buy an XBOX 360 HDD gladly off anyone who finds it.

[quote name='gamoe']Hmm all the locations are so far out and are all in the GTA regions. Heres hoping PM works, or at least I'll buy an XBOX 360 HDD gladly off anyone who finds it.[/quote]

PMing doesn't work with clearance stores, my bet is that FS and BB already got notices saying not to match ever.

Yeah my location had 40 GBs with GT5prologue and a Blu remote for 350 i think.

Random 10-20 off most games nearly everything else is full price.

109$ for a 120 GB xbox HD was kinda hot.

As I thought, games and accessories have dropped in price again and this time there's quite a bit worth checking out...

PS2 w/Gran Tursimo 3 and an extra controller - $100
60GB 360 Harddrive - $60
Halo 3 (Legendary Edition w/helmet) - $50
Gears of War - $20
Gears of War 2 - $35
Halo Wars - $45
Fable II - $40 (special edition $45)
Dead Space - $40
Metroid Prime 3 - $30
Boom Blox - $20
Wii Music - $30
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - $35
Mirror's Edge - $35
Warhawk - $15
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - $20

And I'm sure there's a bunch that I'm forgetting. Some pretty good deals there, check it out if you can.

[quote name='RockyRaccoon37']As I thought, games and accessories have dropped in price again and this time there's quite a bit worth checking out...

PS2 w/Gran Tursimo 3 and an extra controller - $100
60GB 360 Harddrive - $60
Halo 3 (Legendary Edition w/helmet) - $50
Gears of War - $20
Gears of War 2 - $35
Halo Wars - $45
Fable II - $40 (special edition $45)
Dead Space - $40
Metroid Prime 3 - $30
Boom Blox - $20
Wii Music - $30
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - $35
Mirror's Edge - $35
Warhawk - $15
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - $20

And I'm sure there's a bunch that I'm forgetting. Some pretty good deals there, check it out if you can.[/quote]

Willing to buy it off anyone who gets it!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I wish I had found out about this sooner.

Tomorrow (Sunday) is apparently the last day Sam's Club'll be open. I'm heading over there bright and early to pick through whatever happens to be left.

Yep, skids of them, along with $100 80 gig PS3s and $15 Wii systems.

j/k, store had practically no games other than what I mentioned

bread's done
Back