Sams Club Deals **YMMV**

neworleans7

CAGiversary!
I work at Sam's Club in Electronics and as I was looking for a game to buy I came across a couple cheap games so I thought I should post them on here for other people to see if they have any luck finding anything.

Xbox 360

Xbox 360 Pro 60GB Console w/ Guitar Hero 3 Bundle - $349.00
Xbox 360 Elite Bundle w/ 2 Controllers & Play and Charge Kit - $225 (Extremely YMMV)
Bully - $15.81
Army of Two - $15.81
Grand Theft Auto 4 - $25.81
Grand Theft Auto 4 (Collector's Edition) - $44
Halo 3 - $25.81
Condemned 2: Bloodshot - $15.81
Viking - $15.81
The Club - $25.81

PS3

Grand Turismo 5 Prologue - $15.81
Army of Two - $15.81
Viking: $15.81
Facebreaker - 25.86
The Club - $25.81
Hot Shots Golf 5 - $25.81

I'll try to add more as I find out.

Great prices. I haven't been to a Sam's Club for a while, ever since I dropped my Discover Card.

Those are some great prices. What are the terms for shopping at Sam's?

[quote name='neworleans7']I work at Sam's Club in Electronics and as I was looking for a game to buy I came across a couple cheap games so I thought I should post them on here for other people to see if they have any luck finding anything.

Xbox 360

Xbox 360 Pro 60GB Console w/ Guitar Hero 3 Bundle - $349.00
Xbox 360 Elite Bundle w/ 2 Controllers & Play and Charge Kit - $225 (Extremely YMMV)
Bully - $15.81
Army of Two - $15.81
Grand Theft Auto 4 (Collector's Edition) - $44
Halo 3 - $25.81
Viking - $15.81
The Club - $25.81

PS3

Grand Turismo 5 Prologue - $15.81
Army of Two - $15.81
Viking: $15.81
Facebreaker - 25.86
The Club - $25.81
Hot Shots Golf 5 - $25.81

I'll try to add more as I find out.[/quote]

Are these deals strictly in-store? Checking the Sam's website, the prices are much more expensive:

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=6006&iid=TDM|ElectronicsA|Xbox360

I don't think that they are strictly in-store, but I know for that that the Elite Bundle you probably only will find in a store. When I check online I get the same prices I posted here though, so maybe its a region thing?

And if any of you guys want to check any of the Sam's for the Elite, the item number for it is 701139. You could probably call up and ask if they have any under that item number.

And @ Telemakhos, all you have to do is purchase a membership card for $35/year and you could shop. Sometimes there are promotions that will let people who don't have memberships shop though but I don't think there is any right now.

I work at Sam's Club as well in Electronics and these are extremely YMMV. Different stores do there own price drops.

Mine has Singstar PS3 with 2 Mics for 27.01. Facebreaker for the same price as the OP as well. I'm going to do a double check on the GTA 4 CE today and GT5. I'll post back anything else I find.

Are these marked at the lower prices or do they just ring up that way? I was in Sams last night and they had these games/consoles but none of them were marked that low.

I love my Sam's Club.
They have had Bioshock for the PS3 there since its release.
The problem is, it is at the front of the store, hidden behind a cage.
In the video game area, there is no mention of it, no card or anything.
Why even bother ordering it if you don't want to sell it?

Same here, my Sam's never has these kinds of deals. You'll probably get the same complaint you get in the YMMV Wal-Mart threads, and they made a specific thread for those. Not sure that Sam's does the same thing Wal-Mart does, but before if you found something clearanced at one Wal-Mart, they usually followed in other Wal-Marts eventually even if it was YMMV. That was the only thing that made the Wal-Mart posts useful across the board.

My Sams Club here in West Palm Beach didn't have most of these games and the ones they did I already had:whistle2:(

I'll check the Sams near me later tonite. I picked up Mass Effect for $13 and Scene-It for $17 a few weeks ago. I need some more PS3 games as well :)

[quote name='BWOzar']Blue Dragon for 360 is 11.76 on the Sam's website in the Last Chance area

Probably worth is at that price...[/QUOTE]

Blue Dragon wasn't THAT bad. I rented it and played through it when it came out and I picked a copy up at TRU for $10 for my son for christmas. It's not the greatest RPG ever, but it IS a true RPG, and there aren't exactly that many in this generation. Certainly worth a playthrough if you like traditional RPGs. Voice acting is, well, pretty bad, however...

Mine had Golden Compass and MTX Vs ATV Untamed (I think that is what it is called) for $8.01 each on PS2, Rock Band (game only) for PS2 for $22.01, Guitar Hero wirless controller official for PS2 for $24.01 and Lego Indiana Jones for PS3 for $24.01

[quote name='Leavinhope']I work at Sam's Club in the tire department, it may help to post some sku numbers to help people check prices on these.[/quote]

I'll get some sku numbers tomorrow when I go to work.

[quote name='andjuan']Are these marked at the lower prices or do they just ring up that way? I was in Sam's last night and they had these games/consoles but none of them were marked that low.[/quote]

Yeah they aren't marked at the lower prices, well at least at the store I work at. I was actually in the back going through/scanning games to buy and some of them were coming up at lower prices.

Stopped by Sam's Club yesterday to check things out. The Elites were $449, or something or other. The clerk didn't scan anything in front of me, but had to go up front and get a card, so I'm guessing he scanned it then.

Still, everything else was priced high and normal. I didn't see any deals on my end.

its probably the older version of the elite... you will need to ask them to look in the back and search for inventory... then they will need to do a hard scan on the SKU on the outside of the package especially for it...

i remember coming across 20G ps3 a few months back... i asked them to do a hard scan and it was priced higher than what the 80g ps3 mgs4 bundle was selling for... they said they didn't even know they still had it (so now im patiently waiting for them to drop the price)...

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Mine had Golden Compass and MTX Vs ATV Untamed (I think that is what it is called) for $8.01 each on PS2, Rock Band (game only) for PS2 for $22.01, Guitar Hero wirless controller official for PS2 for $24.01 and Lego Indiana Jones for PS3 for $24.01[/quote]
nice @ Lego Indiana

[quote name='haji']its probably the older version of the elite... you will need to ask them to look in the back and search for inventory... then they will need to do a hard scan on the SKU on the outside of the package especially for it...

i remember coming across 20G ps3 a few months back... i asked them to do a hard scan and it was priced higher than what the 80g ps3 mgs4 bundle was selling for... they said they didn't even know they still had it (so now im patiently waiting for them to drop the price)...[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that I work as Sam's and we had like 20 or the 20g PS3's left at one point. They marked them down to like $447 or something like that and they sat around for a year and a half without selling since the 80g was cheaper till they finally just sent them back.

i got
Call of Duty 4 Modern warfare for 25 bucks--ps3
and
brunout paradise for 15 bucks---xbox360
patapon 7 Bucks---psp
Speed racer 7 bucks ----ds

I dont remember with how many cents each

goshen IN

I'll post up a scan of my receipt to prove that I did get it for that price (not saying that anybody didn't believe me).

[quote name='Hyena']Good luck with that I work as Sam's and we had like 20 or the 20g PS3's left at one point. They marked them down to like $447 or something like that and they sat around for a year and a half without selling since the 80g was cheaper till they finally just sent them back.[/QUOTE]

I guess that is what happened at my local Sam's as well, they had a 20GB with an extra SixAxis for either the $447 like you said or maybe $474 down from $54x.xx and it sat there. I was waiting almost all of 2007 for it to be marked down until I finally just bought a new 20GB from EBGames.com when it was $379.99 new. As of a few weeks ago the 20GB systems were still at Sam's Club but when I was in there this week they were gone.

I remember someone posted a while back their store had them down to $271.xx, I would have definetly gotten it at that price.

+I found Stranglehold for the 360 and PS3 for 7.81 and also Heavenly Sword for the PS3 for 25 bucks. ROCKFORD IL........

For anybody thinking about getting the 360 Elite bundle deal, be sure to have your store scan the price before purchasing. At Sam's in Jackson, TN, they were still labeled as being $499, and when I carried it up to the register, it was listed at $225. On the PS3 end, they had GTA IV CE for $16 and Uncharted for $25.

[quote name='gmsisko1']What does YMMV mean? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Your mileage may vary

Means that your local store may not have the same deals going on.

I never actually noticed this post but my bro and his friend were able to pick up an elite for 225.
So the Deal is real and still going on if you can find it.
They were made March 2008.
I think they got it from the Addison, IL Sams.

That elite bundle deal is awesome! Any idea on how to tell which one has it without driving to every store? (I tried to call a bunch of them, but they usually just say its not in stock, or can't figure out which bundle I'm asking for :bomb:)

I wish there was a list or something!

[quote name='Nebenator']That elite bundle deal is awesome! Any idea on how to tell which one has it without driving to every store? (I tried to call a bunch of them, but they usually just say its not in stock, or can't figure out which bundle I'm asking for :bomb:)

I wish there was a list or something![/quote]
Go to samsclub.com. Search for the item, either by name or by the (up to 6-digit) item number. Look up the store(s) you want to visit. It should tell you if the item is in stock, plus it will give you the price at that location. Look up a variety of Sam's locations because with the pricing at Sam's, your mileage does vary. I worked at Sam's for 4 years, and can vouch that the prices usually vary from store to store due to market conditions, supply and demand, and other variables.

[quote name='mikek1975']Go to samsclub.com. Search for the item, either by name or by the (up to 6-digit) item number. Look up the store(s) you want to visit. It should tell you if the item is in stock, plus it will give you the price at that location. Look up a variety of Sam's locations because with the pricing at Sam's, your mileage does vary. I worked at Sam's for 4 years, and can vouch that the prices usually vary from store to store due to market conditions, supply and demand, and other variables.[/quote]
Ok, thanks. By the way, which bundle is for $250? There's quite a few bundles there. (Sorry to be so needy!)

Bought this today at Sam's Club in Lakeland, FL. I got the last one. Went to their other store across town and it was marked $37.88. Definitely YMMV.

bread's done
Back