Sam's Club Free $10 iTunes w/2 AA or AAA Batt Purchase

sdcranford

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (86%)
I was just at Sam's to get batteries. Specially marked packages have codes inside for a free $10 iTunes code when you buy 2 AA or AAA 24 packs. Look for the green sticker on the front. Make sure they're still sealed.

You go to energizers website and enter the codes and in 2-3 weeks they email you a redemption code for iTunes. Each pack has 2 codes and it takes 3 to get a free code. I bought 6 packages @ $9.98 each plus tax and will get $40 in iTunes cards.

6 packs x 2 codes each / 3 codes = 4x $10 iTunes cards. So if you use batteries like I do (kids and their toys) this is a great deal. Batteries are good till 2017 too!

Hopefully this is the right place for this since I'll use the iTunes credit on iPhone/iPad games.

Update: I entered my codes the night of the 14th. This morning I had all 4 iTunes codes in my inbox. I have redeemed them successfully. Great deal, bought $60 is batteries and got $40 in iTunes credit within 2 days!!

My wife saw the "specially marked packs" at WalMart but it wasn't as good of a deal since it was a 20 pack for $10.

I'm at Target now and it's 20 batteries for $9.99 and includes only 1 code instead of 2 codes/24 batteries for $9.98 at Sam's.

I guess I'm sort of playing devil's advocate here, but as CAGs, you guys DO use rechargeables when you can, right? I have some batteries that are probably 8 years old, maybe more, and they still recharge and work fairly well. The most recent ones I bought say they have no memory and can be recharged up to 1000 (!) times. The amount I'll save on those alone (I bought eight for $20, including a travel charger) is probably a lot more than $40 over the equivalent number of disposable batteries.

I still occasionally use normal alkalines, but if I were to buy that many batteries to take advantage of this iTunes "deal" they'd probably last me 2+ years, just because I have so many rechargeables.

Just saying.

Since I live in FL. If a hurricane destroys my house. The rechargeable aren't gonna last that long for me unless I have tons of them which would cost quite a bit of money.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Get a haircut hippie. JK. Rechargable batteries seem to not give off the same power as new batteries[/QUOTE]

I use Eneloops and I've noticed no difference in them and regular batteries.

bread's done
Back