Sam's Club PS3 and Wii Titles Huge Discount

Marino

CAGiversary!
I was at Sam's last night rummaging through what's left of their games section.

Genji: Days of the Blade had a sticker for $22.07 on it. I thought that was a pretty nice deal even if the game isn't so great. So, I picked it up, took it to the counter, the guy scanned it, then this happened...

genji.jpg

...yeah, 11.07.

They had Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam for Wii marked as $14, Call of Duty 3 for PS3 marked as $19, and a few others. But they were closing so I didn't have time to go back and grab anything else to see if it rang up as less.

Obviously not sure if this was just at my store (Macon, GA), but may be worth checking out. Especially considering you could trade in copies of Genji for $14 of credit at GS/EB.

Not to question the authenticity of this deal, but my Sams doesn't accept credit/debit cards accept ones you obtained from them (atleast this used to be the case). Your receipt says debit, do you have a Sams credit card , has the policy changed or are you jerkin us around?

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']Not to question the authenticity of this deal, but my Sams doesn't accept credit/debit cards accept ones you obtained from them (atleast this used to be the case). Your receipt says debit, do you have a Sams credit card , has the policy changed or are you jerkin us around?[/QUOTE]

When is the last time you have been to Sam's?

The Sam's here takes all debit cards and certain credit cards, and of course everything of theirs....

They changed that over a year ago....

[quote name='Ace!']When is the last time you have been to Sam's?

The Sam's here takes all debit cards and certain credit cards, and of course everything of theirs....

They changed that over a year ago....[/quote]

lol, yeah, I haven't been there in a few years. My parents have a card and I haven't been there since I moved out.

This outbreak of Sams deals makes me want to go though.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']Not to question the authenticity of this deal, but my Sams doesn't accept credit/debit cards accept ones you obtained from them (atleast this used to be the case). Your receipt says debit, do you have a Sams credit card , has the policy changed or are you jerkin us around?[/QUOTE]

What would you call it then? Of course you are challenging the authenticity of the deal! That's like saying, "Not to insult you, but you're a real asshole."

[quote name='jimmyshadow']What would you call it then? Of course you are challenging the authenticity of the deal! That's like saying, "Not to insult you, but you're a real asshole."[/quote]

I suppose I was then. I don't really give a shit, this is the guys only post and his pic of the receipt is devoid of any distinguishing marks of which store he got it from. It seemed a bit too good to be true.

I worked at Sams for a while back in college, they take debit, Discover, and their own cards or Wal-mart cards. Like Wal-mart deals, this is YMMV.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']I suppose I was then. I don't really give a shit, this is the guys only post and his pic of the receipt is devoid of any distinguishing marks of which store he got it from. It seemed a bit too good to be true.[/QUOTE]
Just because it's a guys only post doesn't mean it's too good to be true. My sam's club has taken my credit card (Mastercard) for as long as I've shopped there and I don't understand how they would do business otherwise. WTF would make up a fake receipt and a fake topic to "jerk us around?" Seriously...

Mine takes VISA, i know from first hand experience. Damn it being an hour away though or I'd go check right now for Wii deals.

The only thing my sams club seems to offer is overpriced games (super monkey ball wii for 54.xx) or some other ridiculous price, and gutted DS games (almost as bad as gamestop), plus a crappy selection of overpriced GBA games.

As with all Sams' Club stores, any deals at one store may be YMMV elsewhere. Keep this in mind for anyone wanting to make a trip out there.

I just recently started coming here. Anyway, I updated the picture to show it was from Sam's for sure. Before I just didn't want to take the time to blur out the member number and whatnot.

Anyway, hope this adds some credibility. =)

I got Crackdown and Gears of War for ~$50 a while back. I know $10 off doesn't sound like much when compared to $40-50 off, but I still think it's pretty good. :)

-- esk

I can vouch for the deals at Sam's Club. A couple of weeks ago I picked up COD3 for PS3 for $20 and than a week later Tony Hawk for the PS3 for $14 as well. Grabbed both of those and gave some on Goozex a new and sealed copy :) This week they has NFS:C, Genji, and Resitance for $45. Also saw GOW, Lost Planet and one other major 360 game I forget on mark down to $45. Hoping those get lower.

edited to add that post above mentioned the game I forgot Crackdown.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']I suppose I was then. I don't really give a shit, this is the guys only post and his pic of the receipt is devoid of any distinguishing marks of which store he got it from. It seemed a bit too good to be true.[/quote]

Working for Sams I can tell you he bought it at store "8225" which if you go to their website is located at:
4701 LOG CABIN DR
MACON , GA 31204

the phone number and item number are on the receipt, just another FYI all sams take mastercard,discover,sams cards and debit cards with a pin number. Also they have a deal going right now where you sign up for one of their cards and you will get a 10% statement credit for anything you buy that day, up to $100 so buy a PS3 on their card and you will get a $65 credit so on and so forth.

Goodness! what a bunch of skeptical naysayers we have here...

VERY nice find OP, might be YMMV on the actual price, but anyone is crazy to not check out the skinny if they have a PS3 & Sam's membership...

Is Sam's Club affiliated with any other stores that are on the west coast, bay area? I don't think I've ever seen a Sam's Club here... Is it a Costco type store? Maybe they have similar deals at costco hm?

but if not....boy oh boy OP could you snag me a copy of Genji ps3? :( I'll pay you $16 to cover cost and shipping! USPS has $4.05 flat rate priority envelopes for anything you can fit inside. I've shipped ps2 and nds games in those before and they've worked just dandy! That's just about the right price I'd check it out for lol

[quote name='imascrub']Is Sam's Club affiliated with any other stores that are on the west coast, bay area? I don't think I've ever seen a Sam's Club here... Is it a Costco type store? Maybe they have similar deals at costco hm?
[/quote]

Yeah, Sams Club is just like a Costco.

[quote name='imascrub']Is Sam's Club affiliated with any other stores that are on the west coast, bay area? I don't think I've ever seen a Sam's Club here... Is it a Costco type store? Maybe they have similar deals at costco hm?

but if not....boy oh boy OP could you snag me a copy of Genji ps3? :( I'll pay you $16 to cover cost and shipping! USPS has $4.05 flat rate priority envelopes for anything you can fit inside. I've shipped ps2 and nds games in those before and they've worked just dandy! That's just about the right price I'd check it out for lol[/QUOTE]

Sam's Club should be all over... as they are a part of the WalMart machine... and you could do a few bucks better than 16 dollars at least for the OP's troubles of driving all around to get you a game if he were to do so... the game ran hin 11.84, and you are asking him to ship it for 4.05... which would bring the total to 15.89... if you paid by paypal, the op would LOSE MONEY after fees

I saw COD3 (PS3) for $11.91 and Tony Hawk (PS3) $21.97 at my local Sam's. Didn't see any deals for the 360 or the Wii though.

but if not....boy oh boy OP could you snag me a copy of Genji ps3? :( I'll pay you $16 to cover cost and shipping! USPS has $4.05 flat rate priority envelopes for anything you can fit inside. I've shipped ps2 and nds games in those before and they've worked just dandy! That's just about the right price I'd check it out for lol[/quote]

Owned by Walmart and all over the Sacramento area so I would think there'd be some in the Bay Area too.

Huge thanks OP.

Got Genji for $11.07, COD 3 PS3 for $19.07, and Tony Hawk PS3 for $10.24.

These were all also at the Macon, GA store. Still plenty of COD and Tony Hawks when I left. I got the last Genji.

[quote name='kklems']... Grabbed both of those and gave some on Goozex a new and sealed copy :) [/quote]

Thats funny I just sent you Ace Combat 4 the other day(brand new btw) and I sent 187 Ride or Die (month ago) via Goozex. I always seem to trading with CAGS on that site!

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']Thats funny I just sent you Ace Combat 4 the other day(brand new btw) and I sent 187 Ride or Die (month ago) via Goozex. I always seem to trading with CAGS on that site![/QUOTE]

Pleasant surprise on Ace Combat :) The 187 ride or die was a goof on my part. I meant to list my new copy for someone to pick up and didn't catch that it was listed as a request. So I have two new copies of that one :) if anyone needs that. (Not to hijack the thread)

FWIW I find that the markdowns seems to be found mostly on Wednesday's at my Sam's and when I go to another Sam's the next city over they don't have the same deals.

[quote name='Ranger Rick']I got Ninja 5-0 for GBA a while back at Sams. That's one of my good memories there. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Ninja 5-0 is one of the best GBA games to boot. I should check out Sam's Club sometime, they have some KILLER deals from time to time.

[quote name='Darkprime']These PS3 games were marked down to $38 at my sam's club today.[/QUOTE]

i went 4 sams club and Only one of them has those price....I got me a MotorStorms for $40.44

bread's done
Back