Sam's Club PS3/Wii ~~New Info Added 11/14~~ Check OP and Mcroa7 Posts!

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!
Feedback
107 (100%)
Alright for all you PS3/Wii Shoppers out there, Sam's Club will be getting the PS3 and Nintendo Wii's.

In the Holiday Catalog both systems are featured as will be in club 11/17 PS3 and 11/19 Wii.

Right now they ring up in the system as:

Wii = $298.xx
PS3 = $654.xx Comes with extra controller.

~~~~New Info 11/14~~~~~~~

Ok Well My store is only getting one. My GM told me that he doesn't even want to get the one so he his canceling the shipment of it to our club. He also made me post signs everywhere letting everyone know we will not have PS3's on friday.

Also in shocking news no associate will be aloud to purchase a PS3. He said too many people lost there jobs last year with the Xbox 360 ( Hiding them and such ) that no associate woul dbe able to buy one at all. I think this may be company wide.

Well there we have it. Sam's Club is a bust for the PS3. Good Luck Else Where guys.

Ok No New Info Today. We Have None on order ATM. Once that pops up I should be able to tell you all how many each store will gt since its pretty consistent. Member Ship at Sam's is 40.00 for the year for 2 cards. 365 day satisfaction. So if you don't like it after a week then you can return it.

I'm not sure what's included with the Wii but we sell the Xbox 360 for 449.xx which includes The Premium System, Extra Wireless Controller, and Play and Charge kit. I wanna say the Wii will include The System, and Extra Wiimote and Nanchuk. But I am uncertain. I'll try to score more info tomorrow.

Wii pre-order already happened online (was up for maybe 5-10 minutes):

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=535&item=355934&prDeTab=2#A

For $298.83 you get:

Included:

1 Wii Remote
1 Nunchuk
Wii Sports Game Disc w/ 5 games (Baseball, Tennis, Golf, Bowling and Boxing)
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Game
Power cord
Sensor bar
Standard AV composite cable

Still unclear if you get an extra remote and nuncheck along with Zelda, or just Zelda? At least this bundle is reasonable, unlike Frys.com and Walmart.com.

[quote name='runtothesun']Whoa. Did they send out notifications of some sort?[/QUOTE]

I don't think Sam's has that option for pre-orders/out of stock items. If you got in, it was right place/right time.

So it just went up at a random time? Or was it exactly at midnight EST? LOL, sorry for askin' so many questions, but I'm paranoid b/c I wanna get my PS3 preorder in.

Thanks in advance.

Man. IF it comes with system + extra 'mote set + Zelda for 300, that's a fuckin' steal.

Someone needs to confirm this asap.

I HIGHLY doubt it comes with an extra set, but if it does....mmmmm.

last years 360 bundle was a good deal. extra controller and play and charge kit for 449.00. so its probably something similar to this as the price reflects (298.00)

I don't think it includes an extra controller. Read the description again...it's listing all the contents of the box (Wii Sports, power cord, sensor bar, etc.), plus the Zelda: Twilight Princess game. $250 + $50 game. Makes sense. Sorry to burst bubbles.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Wii pre-order already happened online (was up for maybe 5-10 minutes):

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=535&item=355934&prDeTab=2#A

For $298.83 you get:
Still unclear if you get an extra remote and nuncheck along with Zelda, or just Zelda? At least this bundle is reasonable, unlike Frys.com and Walmart.com.[/quote]

Yep, it's too bad they didn't do the same thing that WalMArt.com did and show it as out of stock all day after they went live on their website.................... anyone actually hear of anyone getting one. Also as an Fyi no clubs have an on order quantity for either ps3 or wii yet as of 11/2 that includes the "online clubs". PS3 item number will be 286239. Also about half of the Sams are getting the 360 HD-DVD addon expected qty will only be 4 per club for quite a while. Also most clubs show on orders for the wireless headset as well. HD-DVD addon if memory serves correct is around $186 and I believe Headset is around $36, but I'll check when I go back to work if anyone is interested

I don't know about the area you are all in, but we have many business members in our area that lined up at Sams for the 360 cause they are able to get in an hour earlier than everyone else. So if you aren't a business member, it could be tougher to get one there.

I talked to my boy at Sam's and he is going to try to spirit a PS3 away for me.

And BTW, all you need to get a business membership is a business card. Just make a bullshit one. AND business memberships are $5 cheaper, so you get a $5 credit.

wii preorders happened again at samsclub.com about half an hour ago. of course they were gone in seconds.

[quote name='B-Random!']I talked to my boy at Sam's and he is going to try to spirit a PS3 away for me.

And BTW, all you need to get a business membership is a business card. Just make a bullshit one. AND business memberships are $5 cheaper, so you get a $5 credit.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's nice Sams might be my Go to

When the EFF did this happen, I was on that bitch yesterday afternoon, and there was no trace of the damn thing! Now this? That pisses me off!

Being a Business member does not matter. For our store's 360 launch we let everyone waiting outside in at 7 AM no matter if they were a business or advantage member.

It depends on the store. I read on other forums that some people weren't allowed in at 7 AM unless they were business members, and that by the time it got to 10 AM, 360's were all sold out.

[quote name='runtothesun']It depends on the store. I read on other forums that some people weren't allowed in at 7 AM unless they were business members, and that by the time it got to 10 AM, 360's were all sold out.[/QUOTE]

I guess it could be YMMV on this. Prolly stores were the managers are robots and have no heart.

Wii preorders were done in groups, they put some on then a while later put more on and so on and so forth. This should contiue for several days, just an fyi. Also anyone interested in 360 accessories here is some more info :

Wireless headset $48.77 - 4 per store
Hd-DVD $181.42 - about half of the stores will get 4 (YMMV for several months onthis item)
Driving Wheel $119.82 - 4 per store
Gears of War $64.74(collectors) $51.84(Regular) 8 of each per store
360 Holiday Bundle $449.48 this is a separate item from the currently carried 360, no word yet on what holiday bundle means ave. store has 32 on order.

I know the brick and mortar launch quantities but I wont steal the OP's thunder.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Being a Business member does not matter. For our store's 360 launch we let everyone waiting outside in at 7 AM no matter if they were a business or advantage member.[/quote] NOT TRUE! not true! i scored my xbox last year because i was a business member. we were let in earlier. all 18 of their bundles were scored by business members.

[quote name='mcroa7']I know the brick and mortar launch quantities but I wont steal the OP's thunder.[/quote] dude, if ya know something, let us know. thats what this thread is for;)

[quote name='thagoat']NOT TRUE! not true! i scored my xbox last year because i was a business member. we were let in earlier. all 18 of their bundles were scored by business members.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter bro. I'm sure some Manager's were lame and let all the business members in at 7 instead of the people waiting hours upon hours outside. Your store sir handled it wrong. They surely won't handle it wrong again this year after all the complaints they recieved last year.

[quote name='mcroa7']Wii preorders were done in groups, they put some on then a while later put more on and so on and so forth. This should contiue for several days, just an fyi. Also anyone interested in 360 accessories here is some more info :

Wireless headset $48.77 - 4 per store
Hd-DVD $181.42 - about half of the stores will get 4 (YMMV for several months onthis item)
Driving Wheel $119.82 - 4 per store
Gears of War $64.74(collectors) $51.84(Regular) 8 of each per store
360 Holiday Bundle $449.48 this is a separate item from the currently carried 360, no word yet on what holiday bundle means ave. store has 32 on order.

I know the brick and mortar launch quantities but I wont steal the OP's thunder.[/QUOTE]

Yea dude if you know something post it up. I'm done with tring to find out more info.

I can also confirm your Xbox 360 bundle and Holiday items. Thanks. :)

Wii launch day quantity will average 6-12 per store, bundled with Zelda if memory serves correctly and no extra controller, PS3 expect about half of that but nothing is confirmed yet. We also have good deals on tents for the night before your gonna need it. Replenishment for wii should be about 7-10 days later with the same and possbily double the quantity. PS3 replenishment nothing set up yet.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Doesn't matter bro. I'm sure some Manager's were lame and let all the business members in at 7 instead of the people waiting hours upon hours outside. Your store sir handled it wrong. They surely won't handle it wrong again this year after all the complaints they recieved last year.[/quote] they didn't handle it wrong, they handled it by the book. only business members get in early. hopefully, they follow the rules again for the ps3 launch. actually, at my sams club, they still had 2 360's left AFTER everyone in line bought one. only 16 people camped their, and they had 18 units available.

[quote name='thagoat']they didn't handle it wrong, they handled it by the book. only business members get in early. [/quote]That's exactly right. Unfortunately Sams Clubs seem to have a high turnover rate with managers and with managers coming and going fairly routinely, store (manager) policies change often as well.

Corporate dictates that certain membership levels are allowed in at X time and others have to wait until later. Some managers disobey those rules, despite ticking off their Gold Key Members.

[quote name='mcroa7']Wii launch day quantity will average 6-12 per store, bundled with Zelda if memory serves correctly and no extra controller, PS3 expect about half of that but nothing is confirmed yet. We also have good deals on tents for the night before your gonna need it. Replenishment for wii should be about 7-10 days later with the same and possbily double the quantity. PS3 replenishment nothing set up yet.[/QUOTE]

I realize nothing is certain yet, but you're expecting 3-6 PS3's at launch, and they will be in stock on the 19th? Does Sam's have any policy against employees buying them? I'm thinking of pulling a campout over there as a backup plan since I'm a Gold Key member and don't want to end up staying there all night only to find out that employees snagged all 3 PS3's.

[quote name='thagoat']they didn't handle it wrong, they handled it by the book. only business members get in early. hopefully, they follow the rules again for the ps3 launch. actually, at my sams club, they still had 2 360's left AFTER everyone in line bought one. only 16 people camped their, and they had 18 units available.[/QUOTE]

Wow, Im suprised there were even two left, we had 20, and I missed out by three people (showed up an hour early)

[quote name='gofishn']I realize nothing is certain yet, but you're expecting 3-6 PS3's at launch, and they will be in stock on the 19th? Does Sam's have any policy against employees buying them? I'm thinking of pulling a campout over there as a backup plan since I'm a Gold Key member and don't want to end up staying there all night only to find out that employees snagged all 3 PS3's.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who wants one has to wait in like like everyone else. Atleast at mine it's like that.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I guess it could be YMMV on this. Prolly stores were the managers are robots and have no heart.[/quote]

Definitely YMMV. I would only use Sam's as a backup if I didn't have a business membership already.

[quote name='guinaevere']That's exactly right. Unfortunately Sams Clubs seem to have a high turnover rate with managers and with managers coming and going fairly routinely, store (manager) policies change often as well.

Corporate dictates that certain membership levels are allowed in at X time and others have to wait until later. Some managers disobey those rules, despite ticking off their Gold Key Members.[/QUOTE]

Wow not in my area the managerial turnover rate is pretty low actually. They will transfer to other stores but turnover is low... You sure you are not talking about hourly employees or even hourly team leads?

[quote name='mcroa7']
...360 Holiday Bundle $449.48 this is a separate item from the currently carried 360, no word yet on what holiday bundle means ave. store has 32 on order...
[/quote]

Any more information on this deal!?....

Question:

When the doors open on Friday, there will no doubt be a limit of one per customer. I get a free second card for a household member on my business account. Will be each be able to buy one? Or to put it differently, will it be one per card or one per account?

I was told one per account. I think if you had two people at two different stores though, unless a database updates instantly, you would be able to get two on two cards on one account.

Thats what were trying to do. Even if that can't be done I'm camping for mine so I will get to it first.

Hey I'm buying one. I can't stop my father in law from trying to buy one. I don't think thats being "fags".

What if someone else in your family is trying to buy one? Are they a fag?

It's not our fault Sony has so few manufactured.

[quote name='handles25']Hey I'm buying one. I can't stop my father in law from trying to buy one. I don't think thats being "fags".

What if someone else in your family is trying to buy one? Are they a fag?

It's not our fault Sony has so few manufactured.[/QUOTE]

Buying to keep and Buying to resell are different though. If your buying to keep then that's cool. Buying 2 to resell is fag shit.

Anywho. I'll post later tonight what I come up with. Stay Tuned!

I have every intention of keeping mine. I don't have any control over what he will do with his if he gets one.

Staying tuned.

Buying to keep and Buying to resell are different though. If your buying to keep then that's cool. Buying 2 to resell is fag shit.

Anywho. I'll post later tonight what I come up with. Stay Tuned!

I disagree with buying to resell being fag shit. If somebody wants to stand in line for a PS3 and resell it on ebay for 5 times what its worth than I don't see any problem with that. You shouldn't be mad at people who are smart enough to resell it and make a few thousand dollars, instead you should be mad at sony who caused the situation by their mass shortages. I for one will not stand in line for a game system even though I like games. I was able to wait to get a 360 for almost a year after it launched. So if I did camp for a PS3, I would resell it on ebay for a few extra thousand dollars, wait until I could just walk into a store and buy one and use the extra money on a nice new tv to go with the PS3.

[quote name='bqheath']I disagree with buying to resell being fag shit. If somebody wants to stand in line for a PS3 and resell it on ebay for 5 times what its worth than I don't see any problem with that. You shouldn't be mad at people who are smart enough to resell it and make a few thousand dollars, instead you should be mad at sony who caused the situation by their mass shortages. I for one will not stand in line for a game system even though I like games. I was able to wait to get a 360 for almost a year after it launched. So if I did camp for a PS3, I would resell it on ebay for a few extra thousand dollars, wait until I could just walk into a store and buy one and use the extra money on a nice new tv to go with the PS3.[/quote]

i wouldn't say anyone who stands in line for a PS3 and resell on ebay is smart though lol.... who is not smart enough for that? all this ebay takes no skills and education.. all u need is have a ebay account and stand in line. People who even have time to stand in line for 8+ hours only because they have nothing to do. thats all.

bread's done
Back