Sam's Club YMMV - PS3 Games - Bayonetta $17.85, Darksiders $20.15, more...

hohez

CAGiversary!
Just got back from Sam's Club in Longview Texas, and they had some pretty good PS3 Game Prices

Bayonetta - $17.85 Pic
Darksiders - $20.15
Dante's inferno - $24.00

Bioshock 2 - $22.55 Pic
Heavy Rain - $39.91 Pic
Brutal Legend - $14.01 Pic

Dark Void - $9.71 Pic
Army of Two the 40th Day - $ 23.55

hmmm, might have to splurge for Bayonetta, if my local sam's have it in stock (they had Batman: AA when it was 20, so here is to hoping).
Thanks OP

Sams is awsome but prett sneaky about their discounts, they usually never change the price tag on games they discount to closeout price, but are really marked down. I need to head in there and check out the xbox360 versions of these games.

[quote name='jk5000']Sams is awsome but prett sneaky about their discounts, they usually never change the price tag on games they discount to closeout price, but are really marked down. I need to head in there and check out the xbox360 versions of these games.[/QUOTE]

I wish every store did this, that way only we would know about deals and you wouldn't get random shoppers snapping the clearanced games up.

No way to know without asking them to scan, and more often than not every time I go in thinking it will be the price reported here it seldom is.

[quote name='mrg']No way to know without asking them to scan, and more often than not every time I go in thinking it will be the price reported here it seldom is.[/QUOTE]

Thats weird, its the complete opposite with me, mabey its just Houston. Managed to get the 9.87 Batman AA, and Wii Punchout last year, and verified all stores with the items in stock in my area were in fact charging the same price.

gonna check this out at a few locations tomorrow morning. Lets hope the hoarders don't come out, I'll get Bayonetta for sure, maybe even Darkvoid at that price..

Sam's on I-10 and BW8 and HWY 6 (Houston, TX) didn't have Bayonetta or Dark Void, they both had Dante's Inferno and maybe 2 others, but I didn't scanned them. Boy the prices sure are different from store-to-store..the first did have a Elder Scrolls GOTY for $8.11 but I passed on it..

Hmm might check my sam's but i doubt they have any of these games at those prices >.> Never found cheap games at my sam's

Checked my local Maple Grove, MN Sams.. only a few titles:
Bayonetta was $34.xx
Darksiders was $29.xx

Picked up MAG for $12.xx. That was a good deal.

Funny -- At check out (no one behind me), I asked for a price check on Bayonetta and Darksiders -- the cashier picked up the games and read the prices on the stickers back to me. Duh.. I said, can you check them with the register because sometimes the price on the game isn't always the lowest price. He said, it's always the lowest price. I responded.. really? So if you scan it and it's lower, I get it for free? Right? He looked at me and smirked and said he will scan it. He whole conversation took longer than him just scanning it in the first place. Love how Customer Service is getting better in this country...

-s701

I've found the best way to avoid that moronic response (reading the price tag back to you) is by asking, "Can you please VERIFY this price for me?" Now that I've started doing that, I almost never get any backtalk. :)

[quote name='syndicate701']Checked my local Maple Grove, MN Sams.. only a few titles:
Bayonetta was $34.xx
Darksiders was $29.xx

Picked up MAG for $12.xx. That was a good deal.

Funny -- At check out (no one behind me), I asked for a price check on Bayonetta and Darksiders -- the cashier picked up the games and read the prices on the stickers back to me. Duh.. I said, can you check them with the register because sometimes the price on the game isn't always the lowest price. He said, it's always the lowest price. I responded.. really? So if you scan it and it's lower, I get it for free? Right? He looked at me and smirked and said he will scan it. He whole conversation took longer than him just scanning it in the first place. Love how Customer Service is getting better in this country...

-s701[/QUOTE]

Damn you got MAG for cheap. I have been wanting to try that for a long time but my local Sam's never has any discounts on games unless they never bother to change the stickers. Every time I have gone all the games are MSRP on stickers so I don't bother with the price check.

Checked a nearby store in San Antonio. Spotted most of the games being talked about, but all were $15-30 more than the OP's prices. Lowest was $29, but most were $35 and up.

Sam's club is soooooooooooo YMMV that, those prices on the stickers on those, are almost NEVER what the real price is, I know, i've worked there, so, you might wanna grab those cards and have some cashier price check it too, who knows, you might get lucky and it might just be lower :)

[quote name='kanwal236']Sam's club is soooooooooooo YMMV that, those prices on the stickers on those, are almost NEVER what the real price is, I know, i've worked there, so, you might wanna grab those cards and have some cashier price check it too, who knows, you might get lucky and it might just be lower :)[/QUOTE]

Last time I had a cashier price check, she said she couldn't price check on the machine. She rung them up to check the price though. A CSR had to come and void the transaction.

[quote name='Zodiac080704']I was in Middletown NY sams, they had Final Fantasy XIII PS3 for $34.xx and Wii for $159.[/QUOTE]

Did you see any 360 deals there? I don't feel like taking the drive for nothing, lol

The gaming sections at the two BJ's I shop at are just terrible. No good discounts on games, hardware is only available in bundles, and the selection of games is tiny and kind of bizarre.

[quote name='Retom7']Did you see any 360 deals there? I don't feel like taking the drive for nothing, lol[/QUOTE]

I didn't look, sorry sold my 360. Only one I saw was ff13 for xbox at the same price.

[quote name='shoe478']Last time I had a cashier price check, she said she couldn't price check on the machine. She rung them up to check the price though. A CSR had to come and void the transaction.[/QUOTE]

she probably just didn't know how, they kinda don't really train you

I have cashiers check prices all the time. As long as I tell them up front it's just a price check, there hasn't been a problem.

Managers and CSR's at that little podium near the registers can also look up prices, but it's a longer procedure, so they may resist.

For anyone living near San Marcos, TX, I hit the Sam's on Wonderworld during a road trip. Saw some decent prices like Ghostbusters for $15. There were several other decent titles for $18 and up, but I was in a big hurry and don't remember exact names. My bad.

They killed me because they had Prototype for $12, but when I tried to buy it for my brother as a gift---DENIED! They were sold out. What a bummer.

Sam's in Woodridge, IL had 1 copy of Heavy Rain at the $39.91 price. No copies of Dante's Inferno. Darksiders was $29.xx, Bayonetta & FFXIII were $34.xx.

They also had 1 copy of Uncharted 2 for $39.99....

Sam's in Wichita, KS had Darksiders and Heavy Rain at the price listed in this thread...no decent deals however I did see Call of Duty MW2 for 3x.xx (can't remember exact price was 34.xx I think)

Hmmm....it depends on your area's "trading territory" some smaller states might no have quality clearences and etc. I only have a Sam's in my area and their video games section is horrible..never brought a game from them yet. I say Costco, try looking on Sam's and Costco's online website and see what they have in your area

[quote name='Docnoq']Damn you got MAG for cheap. I have been wanting to try that for a long time but my local Sam's never has any discounts on games unless they never bother to change the stickers. Every time I have gone all the games are MSRP on stickers so I don't bother with the price check.[/QUOTE]

no need to bother with MAG.. less and less ppl are playing it now to the point Sony is contemplating putting it out for free as a Playstation Plus perk

I knew it was something else worth mentioning that was MAG for $29.91. It can't compete with $12.xx, but planned on listed it with the others since not sure of it current pricing/sales.

I wish stores would come out with an app so you can scan stuff yourself, or at least a price checking kiosk. Employees always make you feel like your wasting their time or are just generally rude.

My Sam's Club had like 50 Call of Duty:MW2 for both systems on display the game was like the whole display for both systems it was ridicules

Was at Sams Club yesterday noticed Darksiders for $15.xx also saw the Mad Catz White arcade stick bundle with Street Fighter 4 fir $42.88 360 version I'm still thinking about grabbing that.

once again, nothing for the 360.

Not that i would go there anyways. Refuse to give a cent to what is essentially Wal-mart's Warehouse.

[quote name='jling84']I wish every store did this, that way only we would know about deals and you wouldn't get random shoppers snapping the clearanced games up.[/QUOTE]
Instead you'd get hoarders to take care of all of the copies. Yay!!!!

The last copy of LBP:GOTY Edition(Greatest Hits) was just over $21 at my Club.

[quote name='DynamiteShikoku']if anyone is interested, online, Sam's Club has Uncharted:DF with Dualshock 3 for 49 bucks![/QUOTE]

I noticed they had a bunch of those kit's when I signed up for Sams club yesterday. A little late but if anyone is thinking of joining, you get a $20 gift card, if you purchase a year membership $40. http://www.i4u.com/article36667.html. End's AUg 1st though, so you only have 3 days.

[quote name='$hady']Was at Sams Club yesterday noticed Darksiders for $15.xx also saw the Mad Catz White arcade stick bundle with Street Fighter 4 fir $42.88 360 version I'm still thinking about grabbing that.[/QUOTE]
Was Darksiders for PS3 or X360?

Sam's Club at Willow Grove, PA has Bayonetta for $24.91
They also have Uncharted 2 for $16.21. I bought both. I bought the PS3 version of Bayonetta. Your mileage may vary on Uncharted 2. I bought what I think was the last one. There was only one copy of Uncharted 2 left, which is the one I purchased. The store phone number is 215-657-1837. The address is 3925 Welsh Road, 19090
StreetView link http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...d=jF8mMo4_PukZQaNMDYquFA&cbp=12,34.12,,0,5.41

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back