Samsung 24" FULL HD LCD monitor + Logitech wireless bundle $189.99 w/FS @ Dell.com

I saw this deal over on SlickDeals and I'm kind of shocked it hasn't sold out as of yet.

Dell is offering a Samsung 24" Full HD(1080P) LCD monitor with a Logitech Wireless keyboard and mouse combo(MK 300) for only $189.99 after a $90 off code is used AND it's shipped FREE.

I've been looking into this for myself to use with my PS3, as I want a full HD display if I'm going to upgrade.

Here's the specs page for the monitor: http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/...KFV/ZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=spec

And the specs page for the keyboard/mouse bundle: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard_mice_combos/devices/5755&cl=us,en

And finally, the page for the monitor/wireless mouse+keyboard bundle on Dell.com: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...d=10466193-1225267-u211361t1722018f0fp0c0s558

Here's the code to enter to get the $90 off: LCR4MW$0BGM3MG

I'm still debating this deal myself, but the monitor by itself goes for as high as $312.99 @ ecost.com and the keyboard/mouse combo goes for $39.99 @ Logitech's site, so do the math.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno it's a TN panel monitor. Unless you can sit in an optimal position and also be pretty far away from the screen, you'll have viewing issues due to the size of the monitor and the TN panel. From a monetary standpoint though seems like a good deal if these fit your needs.

Ruahrc

Well, I'm less than 5 feet or so from my current tv, so I'm not that far from it. What do the various types of panels mean btw, as I am not really 100% sure.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Well, I'm less than 5 feet or so from my current tv, so I'm not that far from it. What do the various types of panels mean btw, as I am not really 100% sure.[/QUOTE]

TN panels have viewing issues especially in the vertical direction. For example if you are too high (looking down on the screen) the black washes out real bad and if you are too low everything is too dark.

It's not a huge deal if you can sit in the optimum position. But if you are getting a bigger screen like 24" and sitting fairly close, the viewing angle difference between the top and the bottom of the screen is still great enough that you will see where the top is a little too dark and the bottom is a little too bright, etc. So as long as you are aware of that and your viewing situation works for a TN monitor, then it should be okay.

LCD panels with IPS or PVA/MVA screens don't have viewing angle issues and they will be able to be viewed from nearly all angles with no color shift. Maybe if you're way off like 45 degrees or more the blacks begin to wash out but it's vastly better than TN. FWIW most large TVs are using PVA or IPS screens. It's not actually so much directly a cost thing as I understand it the IPS and VA screens don't really cost more to make than TN screens, but they do not let as much light through thus IPS or VA screens need a better backlight to have the same brightness thus they are found on more expensive screens.

Ruahrc

I just got this monitor and wireless keyboard/mouse in today and it is pretty damn good. I know there are better monitors out there feature-wise but I have my 46" Samsung LCD for my home theater. I am using this monitor for my computer only, so all the concerns about it are moot. I have a corner desk and the monitor sits about 3 feet away from me. I can see the whole screen and it looks bright and great. I love the size and the custom programming you can do on the keyboard is cool. For about $200 shipped, this is a great deal and I am so glad I got it. Thanks OP.

You're quite welcome, addicted2games. I'm still debating this one myself, but to have a 'name brand' over a sub brand(Acer, which is the one I'm looking at at Target)is an added bonus and for only $30 more.

i don't know how you found the regular price to be 312 but it is definitely not worth that.

this monitor DOES NOT have HDMI... so you're probably going to have to do some sort of hdmi to dvi cabling. the samsung monitors WITH hdmi run about 270-300 on newegg... so ecost.com or whatever is overpriced.

i bought a 24" dell st2410 for 185 the other week. regular price is 270... and it actually has hdmi which i use for my ps3. worth it? yes. would samsung be better? yeah, but this monitor is perfect and i'm not complaining one bit.

bread's done
Back