Samsung 980 PRO Heatsink 1TB Internal SSD for PS5 $69.99 @ bestbuy or Amazon

Edit: I was wrong, ignore this:
FYI the default drive is already 825GB (w/ 667GB usable) which means a 1TB is only 175GB extra

Last edited by a moderator:
These things just keep going down, assuming because gen 5's are starting to come out.  Although PS5 won't be able to take advantage of gen 5 from what I understand, so no reason to wait.

There's a coupon on Amazon's page.  If you click on it, you'll get a $7 discount for the 1tb.  $14 off for the 2tb.

1tb ($63 after Amazon coupon)

2tb ($126 after Amazon coupon)

Not seeing a coupon, might already have been taken down.
I'm still seeing the coupon. It's below the price on Amazon's page.

"Lowest price in 30 days
-22%$69.99

Typical price: $89.99

FREE Returns
Coupon: $7 coupon applied to one item at checkout"

I just found out that if you choose "locker delivery" and use coupon code pickup10off, you'll get another $10 off.

Switched from my business log in to a personal log in for the first time in like 5 years and found a 50% with Chase Ultimate Rewards deal.  Haven't used that card in years either lol, thank you to the Chase employee that convinced me to downgrade to a card without an annual fee and leave the account open.

Went with the 2TB option, should pair well with that Playstation Extra sub I just got.  Come on GT7...

installed the 2tb today super easy, just make sure you have a small tip phillips screwdriver.  first one i tried was to big had use a different one, would hate people only have one and not be able take it apart. beyond that watch a YT video just give you a idea of what will happen  only part i did not like was pulling off side as did not want break anything but it went well no issues after i figure it out the panel is held at a angle the plastic inside is shaped like 

installed the 2tb today super easy, just make sure you have a small tip phillips screwdriver. first one i tried was to big had use a different one, would hate people only have one and not be able take it apart. beyond that watch a YT video just give you a idea of what will happen only part i did not like was pulling off side as did not want break anything but it went well no issues after i figure it out the panel is held at a angle the plastic inside is shaped like <<<<< so got pull twist vs just pull up.
Has your PS5 randomly been shutting off? I've had that issue since installing the 2TB with heatsink. Can't tell if its overheating (its been 80+ inside my house at times), or if its an issue with the SSD. Went into safe mode and cleared cache, but the problem persisted. Went back into safe mode and rebuilt the database. Haven't tried playing it again yet.

played ff16 and cold war for hours no issues, minor lag in cold war but think that was the game. i did not technically use SSD yet, main drive was not full, will put a game on the new SSD and see if theirs any issues 

edit *

so added bunch games to new SSD to make sure that would not be a issue played little over a hour of spider man miles and 30 mins of killing floor 2 both played fine no issues beyond disconnect internet  on KF2 think it game as my internet is fine.  

bread's done
Back