Samsung Galaxy S4....did you suffer through the unveiling?

[quote name='6er']He said it was part of the phone didn't he? I think he meant that was the layer that makes it shatterproof?[/QUOTE]
Nope. Sony actually ships their phones with screen protectors already applied along with a spare. That's why the keys and knife were "catching" on the Z and not on the S3. A key should not be able to gouge the screen like that and he couldn't consistently scratch it anyways, which is weird to begin with.

The shatterproof material is the actual glass underneath that he doesn't really get to. Considering the way he was going at it with the carving knife on the Z, I'm not surprised that it shattered a bit. I just wish he had the same gusto on the S3. If the screen of the Z was really that bad, the screen would turned into a spiderweb.

Don't get me wrong, the S3 still fared pretty well and is a tough little bugger. I just wish the test was more even.

[quote name='6er']He said it was part of the phone didn't he? I think he meant that was the layer that makes it shatterproof?

The problem is, as a guy at work pointed out to me, what the heck are most people going to do with that power? And he has a point. My EVO 3D can play NOVA 3 pretty well. little to no lag. So, the best games are running good on 2 year old designs. They HAVE to do that to get good sales anyway, and the GPU'S themselves are being released faster than dev can optimize games for anyway. Think of it, it will take a few years before Vita hits its potentiall, and its using a ARM and has a ton of AAA studios working on it. If you are running fine with an older phone NOW, then you probably aren't someone who would use that phone to its max potential anyway(not that you could anyway unless you are a benchmark maker)[/QUOTE]

I am still on the Droid Charge right now but hate that it lags so bad with other non stock launchers. This so pisses me off that I can't upgrade the OS and stuck with GB. The S4 in combination with an otterbox defender case looks like it could last me more than 2 years with not only it's specs but durability as well..

bread's done
Back