Samurai Shodown Anthology for Wii anyone planning to get it???

rocky435

CAGiversary!
I was curious if anyone here is planning to get The SamSho Anthology for the wii?

No online play but having all the game together seems to be worth it. I just wonder how good the ports are going to be. I was reading that the ps 2 version had "compressed" ports. Either way I'm huge samsho fan and this would be awesome over playing the arcade versions on mame. obivously trying to hunt down neo-geo hardware is fun but getting the games for 29 dollars seems like a much better alternative.

I heard that the comp still doesn't have the SamSho 5 Special with extra blood effects. Anyone heard about this?

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/samuraishodownanthology?q=samurai shodown anthology

Well the reviews so far aren't that promising but it's looks like special still exists according to metacritic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan on getting the PS2 version of this.

I've been holding off on buying Samsho II from the VC or XBLA. I've been dying to play it again and all the delays aren't helping.

I will be picking it up for the Wii, mainly so I can get some more use outta the system. Though what I am really waiting for is the new Guilty Gear.

I'd get it if it actually showed up. Wasn't the original release date for February?

--R.J.

[quote name='rjung']I'd get it if it actually showed up. Wasn't the original release date for February?

--R.J.[/quote]

Actually I think the orginal ORGINAL release date was December or November of last year.

[quote name='rjung']I'd get it if it actually showed up. Wasn't the original release date for February?

--R.J.[/QUOTE]

I think that this just got pushed back another week until the 14th now. Whenever it comes out, I'll be picking it up. I've got the Hori stick for the Wii, so it should be semi-close arcade experience for me.

I finally picked this up this evening, but I haven't had a chance to pop it into the Wii yet. From what I understand, distribution was very limited thanks to SNK and the only retailers I've seen that have the game in stock is GS and Hubbagames.com. I was lucky to get a sealed copy from my local GS, so I'll be trying SSII before the other games in the series tomorrow.

If anyone's interested, I can post impressions - I've heard SSVI is very complicated when compared to earlier Shodowns, but I'm anxious to try it.

bread's done
Back