Samurai Shodown Anthology (PS2) 14.99 at Amazon

[quote name='Ronin317']Conversely, Gamestop has the Wii and PSP versions for preorder, with a date of 4/7, but no PS2 version.

Methinks SNK is botching this...[/quote]

Oh, that would be a first....

Torn between waiting for reviews and ordering the PS2 version.

For anybody that care's. I've been able to obtain most of the snk ps2 games for 9.96 at Sams Club. So if the same stays true, you will eventually see them for that price there in the future.

[quote name='safire']I've got Samurai Spirits Best Collection for Saturn, I think it's 3 and 4. Considering how much better 4 is than 3, I'm excited to see how 5 is.[/quote]

The xbox version was beautiful, but sucked. I want to see how good 6 is now. But nothing will ever beat 2.

[quote name='blandstalker']Oh, that would be a first....

Torn between waiting for reviews and ordering the PS2 version.[/quote]

So, the release date (ps2) has gone from 3.10 on amazon, to 3.12 as of yesterday, and today it says "In Stock 3.13" WTF? And Best Buy has the PS2 version listed as 3/17 release...the plot thickens.

And the gamestop I called yesterday gave me the same shit - "we don't have a PS2 version listed". This is getting frustrating. I'm DYING to play SS2 with an arcade stick, while sitting comfortably on my couch.

[quote name='edwardya']yep, was kinda disappointed when they removed online gameplay for this game.[/quote]
Because it's a better business plan for SNK to release the most popular entries in the series as Live, WiiWare and PSN games individually. I mean, who is really hooked up on the PS2 for online battles? Although, I thought the Wii version still had online listed...

I'd pay 800pts on live for and online enabled SS2, regardless of if I own a disc for the PS2...

5 was sort of a let down for me. 6 however was great. It is the Street Fighter Alpha 3 of Samurai Shodowns (like every fucking character... ever).

[quote name='Ronin317']So, the release date (ps2) has gone from 3.10 on amazon, to 3.12 as of yesterday, and today it says "In Stock 3.13" WTF? And Best Buy has the PS2 version listed as 3/17 release...the plot thickens.

And the gamestop I called yesterday gave me the same shit - "we don't have a PS2 version listed". This is getting frustrating. I'm DYING to play SS2 with an arcade stick, while sitting comfortably on my couch.[/quote]
You can get old SamSho's for like $4 each on the Hong Kong PSN store FWIW.

[quote name='Ronin317']I'd pay 800pts on live for and online enabled SS2, regardless of if I own a disc for the PS2...[/QUOTE]

Uh. Your wish was already granted...

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584108d0/

You can get old SamSho's for like $4 each on the Hong Kong PSN store FWIW.

If you're talking about the PS1 versions, then don't bother. I have SS 1&2 PSX for the PS3 from the HK store and it is awful. Load times kill it and it reminded me why the Saturn was the king of 2D fighting that gen.

[quote name='UjnHunter']Is this implying that some versions (Wii, PSP, PS2) were better emulated than the other? I have the KOF Collection on PS2, and in KOF 98 there is sound issues, but I was under the impression that ALL versions had that issue...[/QUOTE]

I have Orochi Saga on both Wii and PS2. On PS2 version, I notice the announcer bug all the time (says Winner or Perfect at beginning of the round). I have not noticed this yet on the Wii version.

Also, Wii version has progressive scan support, makes it look much nicer on HDTV.

[quote name='Ronin317']Dammit. I can't wait to play that...
transparent_pixel.gif

[/quote]

Lol I thought this, but I soon got bored.

@ Lord Alfred - I said the same thing to a collegue RE: the saturn and he laughed me down, glad you agree.

[quote name='dallow']

Shame the online play was removed from PS2.[/QUOTE]

My friend Mafia has 98 Ultimate Match/whatever It's called, and on the loading screen on the top right it says "Do not disconnect!" or something along those lines. Pretty funny move by SNK to keep it there.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Uh. Your wish was already granted...[/quote]

Oh, I know, I'm just saying I'd pay it regardless, because it's SamSho.

*Update* Recieved an email from Amazon asking for me to confirm if the delay on shipment of the game was ok. I approved it and it looks now like it won't ship until sometime in April :(

[quote name='Purkeynator']*Update* Recieved an email from Amazon asking for me to confirm if the delay on shipment of the game was ok. I approved it and it looks now like it won't ship until sometime in April :(
pixel.gif

[/quote]

How come I didnt recieve this? mmmm I wonder wtf is going on... guess I should email them asking why i'm not in the loop :(

I emailed SNK, asking what the fuck they are doing with this (in a much nicer way, fyi), and have shockingly received no answer. It's stupid at this point. It was October, then November, then February, then the end of February, then March, and now it's April. What the flying fuck could be going on?

[quote name='ZForce']The game is listed in stock now, shipping from Hubbagames.[/quote]

And I can say with some level of certainty that they do not have it. Their uploads to Amazon are automated.

[quote name='ZForce']The game is listed in stock now, shipping from Hubbagames.[/quote]
hubba games does not have it in stock and i'd never buy from them for advertising them as having it in stock! i have been in communication with them, they are liers. no one has this game right now and i would know, i had a release party planned for this weekend, i searched far and wide willing to pay exuberant prices. at least i will be featuring tatsunoko vs capcom instead since i just got the import disc.

[quote name='sengar']This is basically why I wouldn't buy this for the Wii. I'm sure the Wii, especially relative to the power of the PS2, would be perfectly fine for this game, but that means exactly nothing without a Wii/GC compatible arcade stick... and there is no way I would invest $100+ on an arcade stick for the Wii.

The real question is, why the hell hasn't this been developed for the 360/PS3 also? Both systems could easily emulate these games, on top of supporting online play.[/quote]

SamSho 2 is on Xbox Live Arcade.

It is about time this game was released. This game was delayed so many times within the last few months. I ordered this and King of Fighters 98: Ultimate Match today.

I own the arcade carts for the first 4 but will be picking this up on the wii for 5 and 5 special.
I thought ss 4 was the weakest of the bunch. SS 3's downfall was the laughable balance issues and difficulty but I have more fun with 3 than 4.
4 has some cool fatalities but the backgrounds are weak compared to 2 and 3. If you like these games at all I suggest tracking down the Last Blade which is in my top 5 games of all time.

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']hm...on amazon, why is the wii version $30 compared to $15 for the ps2?[/quote]

Two reasons:
1) typical Wii owners aren't gaming enthusiasts, so they're most likely not informed on the price of other versions and, thus, are easy to take advantage of
2) the "Wii Tax" is real

[quote name='MadBit']Got a ship confirmation and tracking number from Amazon this morning.[/quote]

same here. got shipment confirmation this morning.

My shipment confirmation from Amazon was sent to me yesterday. I will receive this and King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match on Wednesday.

Just note that they story for V has been cut out and V special is cut out and not included. Think I saw some mention wanting to get it for V special...well your gonna be disappointed :(

On the psp version, VI is done in 4:3 and has horrible graphics and sound compression. Also none of the unlockable characters can be unlocked. On the ps2 version everything is done full screen without compression, unlockable characters from VI are unclocked from the start. There is an option for original and arranged soundtracks also.

The wii wii edition will probably be based on the ps2 version.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Just note that they story for V has been cut out and V special is cut out and not included. Think I saw some mention wanting to get it for V special...well your gonna be disappointed :(

On the psp version, VI is done in 4:3 and has horrible graphics and sound compression. Also none of the unlockable characters can be unlocked. On the ps2 version everything is done full screen without compression, unlockable characters from VI are unclocked from the start. There is an option for original and arranged soundtracks also.

The wii wii edition will probably be based on the ps2 version.[/QUOTE]

As much as I love SNK, the emulation in their collections are really sub-par.

[quote name='Thrinn']As much as I love SNK, the emulation in their collections are really sub-par.[/quote]

yah I agree with you on that...BUT good news.

Supposively this is gonna be the last snk USA/terminal reality port as they pretty much got stripped of future projects. Ignition entertainment (who did the wonderful well done KoF 98 UM USA port) will be handing the USA snk games for now on from the looks of it. Currently they are handing the USA version of KoF XII and will probably be picking up KoF 2002 Unlimited match as well in the future. Also looks like they will be handling the metal slug series as well now.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Just picked up my reserved copy from gamecrazy for 12.99 brand new....it is so rockin.[/quote]

Rollo, is that Gamecrazy's normal price for the game, or are you an MVP?

bread's done
Back