San Diego, Kearny Mesa Sears Essentials, decent prices!

nicholas01

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Picked up two copies of Pikman 2 (Players Choice) for $7 each, a copy of Ninja Gaiden Black for $6.75, and Chibi-Robo and Fire Emblem PoR for $14.99 each. Not a bad haul, and the employees were nice enough to scan any games you want. Lots of PSP deals there too, things are randomly on clearance.

Enjoy!

Wow they actually have deals there? Thanks for the notice, but did you know what kind of PSP deals there were? Also any X360 deals?

I didn't catch any 360 deals, though I didn't price check either. As for the PSP games, the only one I remember off hand was the orange clearance sticker on Wipeout Pure, I think for around $15.

The problem with the place is that not all the games that are on clearance aren't labeled. I tried the Gamecube games after finding NG:B with a sticker, and was happy to find the ones that I did, but disappointed to find that neither Odama nor MarioKart nor Starfox Assault were any less than their normal prices, $50, $30 and $20 respectively.

But, like I said, the other Gamecube games, like Chibi, Fire Emblem, and Pikmin, were unmarked clearance items. Its a fishing expedition, but the clerks were kind enough to induldge my pricing efforts. I did see San Andreas for $9.99 in a $9.99 bin with a bunch of other games I wasn't really interested in. I'm thinking about heading back, getting a few copies of Pikmin, and then trading them in down the street for $7 at Gamestop (I checked the prices yesterday). Three tradeins will get you $10 bonus, plus the GamersEdge card 10%, so if you've got time to burn, you can make some trading dollars.

Good luck!

Well, if you're trading in, make sure that the games are all different. They don't seem to accept 3 of the same game for the three for 10 extra deal. Star Fox Assault is 20 already? wow.

Would you mind checking out some X360 games to see if there are any deals on them? Even accessories like controllers would be ok. Thanks :)

I got the last NG:B. Sorry!

As for the increased inventory, they may have been cast-offs from other stores.

And finally, the 360 games didn't seem discounted, nor did the accessories. I didn't price check them, but unlike the other categories of goods, the 360 stuff had no orange clearance stickers.

Thanks for the EB Games heads up!

Sears Essentials in Carmel Mountain Shopping Center also has a few Pikmin 2 left
(this was last week). I managed to snag the last Metroid Prime 2 for 7 though!

bread's done
Back