Sandisk 4gb MS Pro Duo Gaming $20 Circuit City B&M

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
CONFIRMED not YMMV at B&M.

Thanks to MXPowar for this part:
UPDATE: In case, you are afraid of this being out of stock when you get there, I just tried this and it works, Buy it here, then choose in-store pickup and your credit card will be refunded about ~$41. A CC representative just called me about this so it is confirmed.

Here is what is on the reciept
SDK SDMSG4096A50

Here is an image with receipt and then an alternate packaging image too

4gbmemorystickproduo2hd9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up four at Norwalk, CA. They still had about 6 left; couldn't locate the $15 coupon. Does anybody know if this is a YMMV or is it an actual Sale? Guess we'll find out tomorrow when more people try to pick them up. UnFreakinBelievable. I was almost sad that I didn't pick one up on BF for $35.

Thanks OP, BigTyme!

BTW - I bought both packaging, OPs and the other one pictured.

[quote name='minos1067']Does anybody know if this is a YMMV or is it an actual Sale? Guess we'll find out tomorrow when more people try to pick them up.[/quote]

i'm wondering this too - the closest store i could find was by my aunt's house; i'll be visiting her this weekend, so hopefully they'll still have them at $20 then. $315.32 for 5 is a little too much for me... at least i'll be picking them up at customer service, so a possible return SHOULD be easy...

Wait, there's a 2nd package? Can anyone give me the sku number or whatever so i can call and see if they have it? i forgot if they have the 2nd kind.

this one:
4gbmemorystickproduo2hd9.jpg

or is it the same "sku"? SDK SDMSG4096A50

fuck!!! I knew this was going to happen when I bought the $35 one. Wouldn't be a problem...EXCEPT...I used a $20 Reward Zone certificate on it, so returning mine is not really an option...motherfucking son of a fuck! Ah well, maybe I'll pick this one up and eBay the other. fucking Best Buy...

Is SanDisk's "gaming" version of the pro duo really much faster than their "low-end" version, like they lead us to believe?

[quote name='Bucho']EXCEPT...I used a $20 Reward Zone certificate on it, so returning mine is not really an option...[/quote]

i thought i read somewhere that if you return a purchase using an rz certificate, you get the points back and they resend it later on. you might want to doublecheck the forums (someone mentioned this before) or try calling bb?

[quote name='Bucho'] Is SanDisk's "gaming" version of the pro duo really much faster than their "low-end" version, like they lead us to believe?[/quote]

i'm curious about this as well. anyways, color's always fun, right?

[quote name='Wario64']Wait, there's a 2nd package? Can anyone give me the sku number or whatever so i can call and see if they have it? i forgot if they have the 2nd kind.

this one:
(image)

or is it the same "sku"? SDK SDMSG4096A50[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that the package pictured is that same sku.

should be no real difference between the 2 but yeah i too went for the $35 one at black friday (actually thursday online hehe) and used a rewards coupon for $5 off which came to $32 with tax but seeing this deal, i just bought 2 for pickup tomorrow and return the unopened one from bestbuy.

Thx OP

Wait I'm kinda confused here. It says $57.99 what do all of u mean when you say 20...Is it a rebate when you cheackout or something

Did NOT work for me at the CC Temecula, California. They were at the pegs for $99 and online pricing is $57.99. I ordered online and hoped that I would get the refund when I pick up in-store....no dice. Employees were very helpful but no trace of the $20 deal :booty:YMMV???

[quote name='choazian']Wait I'm kinda confused here. It says $57.99 what do all of u mean when you say 20...Is it a rebate when you cheackout or something[/QUOTE]
You're supposed to get a refund on your credit card when you purchase it online IF and only IF the CC you pick it up at is selling it for $19.99. Otherwise, you are SOL. :(

[quote name='choazian']Wait I'm kinda confused here. It says $57.99 what do all of u mean when you say 20...Is it a rebate when you cheackout or something[/QUOTE]

it's IN-STORE only... shit

Ordered two for pickup tomorrow as well. I hope mine is selling it at $20 so i can price adjust it. Though, the best case would be if they didn't have it so I can get a $24 GC :)

[quote name='phattsoe']i thought i read somewhere that if you return a purchase using an rz certificate, you get the points back and they resend it later on. you might want to doublecheck the forums (someone mentioned this before) or try calling bb?[/QUOTE]
You might be right. I just checked the Reward Zone forums, and although some say yes and some say no, it sounds like there's a decent chance. I'll follow up with customer service tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion!

Tried to pick one up at the local CC but manager said that they received a notification saying it was ringing up incorrectly. Gonna try again tomorrow. Glitch this, glitch that, very limited number of advertised games, etc. is getting on my nerves.

Luckily, BB is there to PM.

[quote name='unforeseen']Tried to pick one up at the local CC but manager said that they received a notification saying it was ringing up incorrectly. Gonna try again tomorrow. Glitch this, glitch that, very limited number of advertised games, etc. is getting on my nerves.

Luckily, BB is there to PM.[/quote]

How exactly do you go about doing this? Don't you need a print ad to show them?

[quote name='zephie']How exactly do you go about doing this? Don't you need a print ad to show them?[/quote]
i'm interested in this as well because in all likelihood, i'll be explained that the "glitch" will have occurred when i try to pick this up... how'd you end up pricematching?

I picked up two, and they had an official tag on the peg that said "$20, regularly priced at $99," or something like that. Thanks a lot, OP!

i went in, asked if they could check stock on the sku and the girl instead leads me to their memory stick section where the regular blue ones are (the camera stuff) i ask her if theres a gaming memory card spot and she leads me to the last pair of these in a plastic container in the PS3 section. She's like we have these (in reference to the red transparent ones) but the ones i just showed you (the blue ones) are on sale for cheaper. I just keep telling her to check the price because i want the gaming version and eventually she does it going "oh its actually $20", then she checks the price over and over again to make sure its for real and another girl employee suddenly takes interest and says "$20?? for a 4 gig?". This other employee starts ringing me up and is scanning and scanning the MS and nothings happening. Finally she gets the one that initially helped me, they both get back to the customer service desk and shes scanning it and suddenly theyre all on "hold" explaining that when the inventory says zero and theres a hold that theyre for instore pickup customers. She kept saying alternatives like "i can check another store" (of course she looks and no other store has them) or "i can get you the other 4GB..... for $60". I argue for a minute or two that this doesnt really make sense im here right now, but just leave because the store was closing in 10 minutes and i decided in christmasy spirit or some horseshit that i would let this one go

If i had realized that what they were doing is refusing to sell me a product on their store shelves (this was NOT from the back) i probably would have gotten it with a talk to the manager but whatever. They had 4 memory sticks on hold, so whichever CAGers are in San Jose area it looks like you won due to circuit city's stupid policy.

[quote name='Gotchaforce']i went in, asked if they could check stock on the sku and the girl instead leads me to their memory stick section where the regular blue ones are (the camera stuff) i ask her if theres a gaming memory card spot and she leads me to the last pair of these in a plastic container in the PS3 section. She's like we have these (in reference to the red transparent ones) but the ones i just showed you (the blue ones) are on sale for cheaper. I just keep telling her to check the price because i want the gaming version and eventually she does it going "oh its actually $20", then she checks the price over and over again to make sure its for real and another girl employee suddenly takes interest and says "$20?? for a 4 gig?". This other employee starts ringing me up and is scanning and scanning the MS and nothings happening. Finally she gets the one that initially helped me, they both get back to the customer service desk and shes scanning it and suddenly theyre all on "hold" explaining that when the inventory says zero and theres a hold that theyre for instore pickup customers. She kept saying alternatives like "i can check another store" (of course she looks and no other store has them) or "i can get you the other 4GB..... for $60". I argue for a minute or two that this doesnt really make sense im here right now, but just leave because the store was closing in 10 minutes and i decided in christmasy spirit or some horseshit that i would let this one go, even though it was incredibly strange that the employee took so much interest in it and the item suddenly was on hold.[/quote]

damn that sucks. hopefully there's a cag out there with an extra who'll help you out (in the christmasy spirit, etc., hah). i know i would if my order actually goes through...

[quote name='zephie']How exactly do you go about doing this? Don't you need a print ad to show them?[/QUOTE]

I meant that BB will match other CC deals (when CC does not even honor their own ads), not this one.

[quote name='phattsoe']damn that sucks. hopefully there's a cag out there with an extra who'll help you out (in the christmasy spirit, etc., hah). i know i would if my order actually goes through...[/QUOTE]

I dont really care about owning it since i dont use my psp that much because on the go i use my ipod and at home i have a ton of 360/ps3 games to play.

It still pisses me off that they had the physical product sitting out on the shelf, and refused to sell it to me. If they had it stored in the back like they are supposed to then i wouldnt give a shit but its the fact that they had them out on the shelf, which means its AVAILABLE. I really didnt realize how much bullshit it was at the time that i had come so close and been denied because of employee laziness, but only about halfway home did i realize this so i couldnt really argue it.

I'll have to check this out tomorrow morning before work...

Whats the best way to order it online and get it for $20? Do I ask them to change the price there or will it automatically happen online tonight when I order it?

[quote name='prateeko']I'll have to check this out tomorrow morning before work...

Whats the best way to order it online and get it for $20? Do I ask them to change the price there or will it automatically happen online tonight when I order it?[/QUOTE]

Email to CS for refund. I guess nobody try that.

Well here's my luck-less story.

Ran to the Irvine, CA, Circuit city when I got off work at 4. As my luck would have it there was an older 'tard who I think had bought a couple from the store with online pickup but I guess they had only one in stock and he was giving them a hard time.

Ran across town to the Newport Beach CC. Still no dice. Had them look it up in there system and they showed three in stock at Huntington Beach. Called them up and yes they had it but they wouldn't hold it for me. I should have just given up then but i'm such a sucker I drove through 30 minutes traffic to get there only to have them tell me there aren't any in stock. They looked it up in the system and showed a -2 inventory. I have a strong hunch (by the tone in his voice when he read me the $20 price it showed on his screen) that the guy I had talked to on the phone originally went right after the call and bought them all.

So I finally gave up. What I've learned from this is that I think I am done with CC and wild goose chases like this at B&M stores. If the deals not online then forget it.

for cc deals, cc.com's in-store pick up is your best option as long as the website got it. i think their site constantly updates when things are out of stock. and if they dont have your order, you'll still end up with $24 giftcard for free.

i ordered 1 online for store pick-up when it was in stock. went, picked 1 up no hassle, and came back. checked the website and it was out of stock at the store i came from.

I started this thread. I do not have a CC near me, the photo in the OP is from someone at SD.

If someone has a spare of these, PM me and I will be grateful.

Lé Sigh.
I went to the site this morning, and it said that it was available for in-store pickup at the only Circuit City in the area. I go to the site tonight, thinking of stopping by the store tomorrow, and now it says "Out of Stock" for the store.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Is this the same one from Frys.com? The memory stick look exactly the same but the SKU is SanDisk SDMSG-4096-A10.[/quote]

That;s the one! GOOD LUCK!

you might want to check online for stock at your local cc. all 3 locations that were sold out last night for me has had stock of it again.

well... it was in stock for me. sold out again.

[quote name='crewj']you might want to check online for stock at your local cc. all 3 locations that were sold out last night for me has stock of it again.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up, i just checked as well all three have it as 'available' this would be fantastic to get for my PSP and my brothers digital camera. Looks like I am going to have to skip my first class so I can get there when they open, sucks that they open at 10 and not 9...arg.

Ann Arbor CC has 2 left on the shelf after I picked one up this morning. Price on the shelf is listed as $99 but it rang up for 21.20 after tax.

Nice find, thanks OP! I think I paid like $15 for my current 512MB card a couple of months ago when I bought my PSP!

Ruahrc

In Phoenix the CC at Metrocenter is out. Arrowhead was supposed to have 12, but you might want to call in and verify. I found 20-30 at the one way out on Happy Valley Rd. Its a bit of a drive but worth it if you need some.

[quote name='crewj']you might want to check online for stock at your local cc. all 3 locations that were sold out last night for me has had stock of it again.

well... it was in stock for me. sold out again.[/QUOTE]

it says in stock for me, but it was sold out last night when i checked in store. hmm

bread's done
Back