Sandisk 4gb MS Pro Duo Gaming $20 Circuit City B&M

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
CONFIRMED not YMMV at B&M.

Thanks to MXPowar for this part:
UPDATE: In case, you are afraid of this being out of stock when you get there, I just tried this and it works, Buy it here, then choose in-store pickup and your credit card will be refunded about ~$41. A CC representative just called me about this so it is confirmed.

Here is what is on the reciept
SDK SDMSG4096A50

Here is an image with receipt and then an alternate packaging image too

4gbmemorystickproduo2hd9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='phattsoe']really? alive as in it scans at the register for $20? or is it only alive if there are $20 tags on them (or $20 on the rack)? i really wish i could have gotten one for my lil bro and cousin. my trip through traffic to try to pick one up yesterday was less than fruitful... wildnuts02 - what're your reports? the posters above?[/quote]

alive as it's scanning for $20 again. GO GO GO

[quote name='phattsoe']really? alive as in it scans at the register for $20? or is it only alive if there are $20 tags on them (or $20 on the rack)? i really wish i could have gotten one for my lil bro and cousin. my trip through traffic to try to pick one up yesterday was less than fruitful... wildnuts02 - what're your reports? the posters above?[/QUOTE]

Worked for me at lunch today. Stickered and scanned.

And just so people know, these (or at least at my store) are located in the games section, NOT with the other memory sticks near the cameras and such.

gonna try this out with in-store pickup (since all the stores that were mysteriously out of stock have them back in). worse case scenario, i get $24 out of it, right?

[quote name='Brian9824']If anyone can get an extra one and CML let me know if there is anything you want for it[/quote]

check your pm

[quote name='TrunksSSJ23']Tried yesterday and it rang up for $59.99 :(. Ah well, I got one on Black Friday.[/quote]
but do try again today! new posts are saying it's working now.

hm, i wonder if the "save 10% on mpe, tv and digital imaging accessories" coupon on my online order's digital receipt will work on this...

If there are any more reports of it working again Im gonna head back out, i could use another one of these for watching tv episodes on the tredmil at the gym :)

[quote name='Brian9824']Yeah because its so illegal to emulate games you own:roll:

Want to stick that foot a little deeper now?[/quote]

I'll just repeat what I said in the other thread:

"Well to run these game you must run a custom firmware which is strictly forbidden by Sony. Also this custom firmware features a hacked version of the Sony made emulator (to allow it to run any PS1 game rather than just the ones purchased via the PS Store), that's also a big no-no. Further more owning the PS1 originals makes no difference because you're not playing it on it's intended platform. If you play PS1 games like FF Origins, Valkyrie Profile, Tales of Eternia, Breath of Fire III through the PS1 emulator you're screwing over the companies that released those games in PSP format. And even games not released in PSP format because you don't know if a company plans to make their game available on the PS Store or not. Call Sony up and ask them if what you're doing is right and legal, I think you might be surprised by the response you get.

Listen I don't have any beef with you, I'm just pointing out that we all do some stuff that's technically fraudulous even though we might not think so, so try to keep that in mind before blasting people. And I'm not claiming any feats of righteousness myself, hey I play PS1 games I own originals to on my PSP too, Maybe if Sony had good PS1 games at a reasonable price on the PS Store I would get some, but Tekken 2 and Twisted Metal, no thanks, I'd rather play FFVII, FFIX, Chrono Cross, Grandia, Persona 2, Vagrant Story among others."

In fact I'm pretty sure most people in this thread wont be using their 4GB stick for music and videos.

wonder. did it once

showed recept showing i paid 20 for it, wondering if i could grab some for people here

showing them the recept and get them for 20 even though they are ringing at 59

might run over to see. they only had 3 left last night so they are probally gone by now anyways

[quote name='roymustang']In fact I'm pretty sure most people in this thread wont be using their 4GB stick for music and videos.[/quote]

You're probably right... Some of them'll likely end up on eBay. ;)

I only wish it had rang up at my store. They had exactly TWO of them there. I'd have purchased both, for my own use. I've only got a 1GB memory stick in my camera.

I might try again, if I go past Circuit City.

Originally Posted by roymustang
In fact I'm pretty sure most people in this thread wont be using their 4GB stick for music and videos.

i be using mine for game saves and pictures then maybe later movies if i can ever figure out how to put movies on a psp LOL ..... tired it a few times but messed something up and it didnt work

Right now i have a

1gb ----- 478 mb left.

at least with a 4gb i know i wont ever need another memory card

[quote name='slidecage']Originally Posted by roymustang

i be using mine for game saves and pictures then maybe later movies if i can ever figure out how to put movies on a psp LOL ..... tired it a few times but messed something up and it didnt work

Right now i have a

1gb ----- 478 mb left.

at least with a 4gb i know i wont ever need another memory card[/QUOTE]

I get movies to play by renaming them "M4V00001.mp4" (or any other number in there) and put them in the video folder, they also have to be in mp4 format but thats a given.

Blah...I went by yesterday and saw them but they had taken the little price card out of the display and it rang up at normal cost.

I ended up buying a 2gig for 34.99. Not very cheap-ass of me, but I needed it.

[quote name='roymustang']I'll just repeat what I said in the other thread:

"Well to run these game you must run a custom firmware which is strictly forbidden by Sony. Also this custom firmware features a hacked version of the Sony made emulator (to allow it to run any PS1 game rather than just the ones purchased via the PS Store), that's also a big no-no. Further more owning the PS1 originals makes no difference because you're not playing it on it's intended platform. If you play PS1 games like FF Origins, Valkyrie Profile, Tales of Eternia, Breath of Fire III through the PS1 emulator you're screwing over the companies that released those games in PSP format. And even games not released in PSP format because you don't know if a company plans to make their game available on the PS Store or not. Call Sony up and ask them if what you're doing is right and legal, I think you might be surprised by the response you get.

Listen I don't have any beef with you, I'm just pointing out that we all do some stuff that's technically fraudulous even though we might not think so, so try to keep that in mind before blasting people. And I'm not claiming any feats of righteousness myself, hey I play PS1 games I own originals to on my PSP too, Maybe if Sony had good PS1 games at a reasonable price on the PS Store I would get some, but Tekken 2 and Twisted Metal, no thanks, I'd rather play FFVII, FFIX, Chrono Cross, Grandia, Persona 2, Vagrant Story among others."

In fact I'm pretty sure most people in this thread wont be using their 4GB stick for music and videos.[/quote]

The law says its legal, Sony says it isn't. Law wins. Thats why they have NEVER been able to stop emulation and downloading emulators is still legal. Its 100% legal to emulate games and software as long as you own both the original hardware you are emulating and the games you are playing.

Also its not fraud, if it was illegal it would be a copyright violation which isn't even criminal its civil so look up your damn terminology please before you start talking about this stuff.

Fact is modding your systems arent illegal, it just voids your warranty. Once you pay for it you can do almost anything you want with it. The only people who try to claim doing stuff like ripping dvds to your PC so you don't need to carry them around is the movie company because it CAN be used illegally. They haven't managed to outlaw dvd copying and ripping programs yet though because by law your allowed to make copies for backup purposes of items you own.

Those laws were established back in the days of the VHS and have been upheld despite numerous attempts to have them repealed. Taking a ps1 game, converting it to an ISO file, and playing it on your psp is no different then taking a cd, ripping the tracks off it, and loading it onto your mp3 player.

I also plan to have movies/anime on 1 stick as well as ripping a few UMD's onto it for conveinance. I typically play at my University and i don't like carrying alot of UMD's with me. Which is why i could use 2 if possible. If not i can make do with a 4 and 2 gig. In 6 months the 8GB's will probably start going on sale anyways

FYI if you want to put videos on there just download PSPVIdeo9 i think its called. 1 click transcoding and it formats the videos to work and names em properly.

[quote name='blackjaw']Blah...I went by yesterday and saw them but they had taken the little price card out of the display and it rang up at normal cost.

I ended up buying a 2gig for 34.99. Not very cheap-ass of me, but I needed it.[/quote]

pm sent

the latest version of pspvideo9 is horrid shit. it does encode properly, but it's got a million banners with sound that play and replay each time you click anything in the program. fuck you pspvideo9

*posts about how he went to circuit city yesturday, all the gaming 4GB cards were gone, with a sales clerk pressuring me to buy a normal 4GB for $60*

thank god i already bought 3 4GBs on black friday. :D

CFW = win

[quote name='iamthekiller']the latest version of pspvideo9 is horrid shit. it does encode properly, but it's got a million banners with sound that play and replay each time you click anything in the program. fuck you pspvideo9[/QUOTE]

try "Im too PSP Video Converter 3", great prog and even encodes to AVC mp4 for more quality.

It rang up @ $59.99 for me again today. However, there was a price tag of $20 that I don't recall seeing yesterday. Brought 2 up and had to go through the whole price adjusting ordeal.

Things broke down when I tried to use my Gamer card. Guy got confused since it was working, damn card never works, and called in support. This made me nervous and thought I should have just sucked it up and accepted $20 apiece, but that wouldn't be very CAG of me so I pushed the envelope. Sure enough the senior lady didn't like the $40 price adjustment and called in even more support.

The third employee didn't like the large discretion either and felt he had to do something. After looking at the price tag he exclaimed, "They are TOTALLY mismarked!" He offered me one at the $20 plus 10% off which I accepted since I had already been there for half an hour and really only needed one (the other was for someone on CAG, sorry). Well the guy must have flunked math as he gave me $4 off for a price of $16. Good deal, but it was a pain.

[quote name='Brian9824']
Also its not fraud, if it was illegal it would be a copyright violation which isn't even criminal its civil so look up your damn terminology please before you start talking about this stuff.

[/QUOTE]

Excellent post. I hate when people talk out of their asses about modding and emulation.

i went by two circuit citys and couldn't find any, one of the stores had 1 on pickup but the computer showed $59.99 (this is for the sandisk red gaming one)... also, the computer showed that other stores within a 20 mile radius were also sold out... so no go for me... if anyone can hook me up with one, i'd very much appreciate it!

[quote name='kell']It rang up @ $59.99 for me again today. However, there was a price tag of $20 that I don't recall seeing yesterday. Brought 2 up and had to go through the whole price adjusting ordeal.

Things broke down when I tried to use my Gamer card. Guy got confused since it was working, damn card never works, and called in support. This made me nervous and thought I should have just sucked it up and accepted $20 apiece, but that wouldn't be very CAG of me so I pushed the envelope. Sure enough the senior lady didn't like the $40 price adjustment and called in even more support.

The third employee didn't like the large discretion either and felt he had to do something. After looking at the price tag he exclaimed, "They are TOTALLY mismarked!" He offered me one at the $20 plus 10% off which I accepted since I had already been there for half an hour and really only needed one (the other was for someone on CAG, sorry). Well the guy must have flunked math as he gave me $4 off for a price of $16. Good deal, but it was a pain.[/quote]

It was a no go for me also with the gamer card. But I found mine after driving (many miles to three stores) on the first day/night...so I remembered my card at store three...I Really pushed with the game system info on the packaging...but no go...

- few extra - $33 each or 3/$90 shipped FClass with DConfirmation. pm if interested...

tried again today, coz the online system said "in stock". after about 40 mins of them trying to find it (they brought out just about every other 4gb stick out there - i don't get their csr's at all), they asked me if i wanted a refund (which i took right away - it rang up as the web price since they couldn't scan the actual item).

i asked if i could have a $24 gift card (as stated in their online order guarantee), and they responded with a "are you sure you want it?"... needless to say, at least i got something out of it... maybe i'll pick up jean d'arc the next time i'm ever there (after that much waiting, i didn't want to stick around in that store any longer. besides, i had other shopping to do).

After a few request in PMS I decided I have no reason not to post hear hope this helps you who are having trouble making this deal work, copy this scan and print and maybe you can them to honor the price.

DSC00067.jpg

[quote name='tightclaws']After a few request in PMS I decided I have no reason not to post hear hope this helps you who are having trouble making this deal work, copy this scan and print and maybe you can them to honor the price.[/quote]

mm, sounds like it's worth checking out. i'm wondering if they'd care that it's from a different state (i'm in california). but hey, proof helps, right?

[quote name='phattsoe']mm, sounds like it's worth checking out. i'm wondering if they'd care that it's from a different state (i'm in california). but hey, proof helps, right?[/quote]

Hell yeah its worth a try anyway.

[quote name='tightclaws']Hell yeah its worth a try anyway.[/quote]

yeah, thanks a bunch, man (sorry, forgot to thank you last post). it'll help out those whose stores either never put up the tags or have no idea about what's going on.

[quote name='phattsoe']yeah, thanks a bunch, man (sorry, forgot to thank you last post). it'll help out those whose stores either never put up the tags or have no idea about what's going on.[/quote]

NP I can always use a good Itrader rate LOL:D

[quote name='jp0213']They normal give around 35 for used 4 GB stick. Even if it is in the package, they will give you the 35 for trades. I'm not sure if that 30% will help out on that or not. It says games but nothing about accessories.[/quote] what about the 2gb?

My guess would be between 15-20 for 2GB trade-ins. I think their 2 GB used go for $44 or so when they sell them.

[quote name='jp0213']My guess would be between 15-20 for 2GB trade-ins. I think their 2 GB used go for $44 or so when they sell them.[/quote] the reason i'm asking is because gamestop had the 2gb on sale back in may. i wonder is this 4gb is the same type of stick but with more memory?

I'm way too lazy to browse this entire thread, so can someone quickly tell me if this price is still valid? I ask, because there's one in stock up in Everett, but I don't want to make the 30-40 minute drive for nothing.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I'm way too lazy to browse this entire thread, so can someone quickly tell me if this price is still valid? I ask, because there's one in stock up in Everett, but I don't want to make the 30-40 minute drive for nothing.[/quote]
It looks like CC has caught onto this by now, so it's probably not worth your time. Some people here on CAG are saying it's now ringing up as $60.

EDIT: someone over at SD is saying that the deal is still alive at their store in PA, so I guess its YMMV?

I checked with 4 CC's last night in the Los Angeles area and all of them shown 59.95 at the checkout, so either it is selective areas or the deal is dead.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I'm way too lazy to browse this entire thread, so can someone quickly tell me if this price is still valid? I ask, because there's one in stock up in Everett, but I don't want to make the 30-40 minute drive for nothing.[/quote]

I bought one yesterday in Silverdale (aross the Sound). It rang up as $20. The trick is it must look like the product pictuerd on the first page. I bought the original prodcut and it was $20 in they register, no adjustment needed.

[quote name='tightclaws']After a few request in PMS I decided I have no reason not to post hear hope this helps you who are having trouble making this deal work, copy this scan and print and maybe you can them to honor the price.

DSC00067.jpg
[/quote]

Thanks! Deal or no deal, atleast you 'll have something to show them you're not NUTS :bouncy:

Just tried to PM with my own receipt from a few days ago and got shot down. The card rang up for $59.99 and the CSR refused to "price match for no reason". At least I walked out with a card to test drive a Mazda CX-9 to receive a $25 Circuit Shity Gift Card.

TC I just picked this up at CC. Thank you very much. Oh yea it scanned for $63 bucks they should have a label out there saying $20 that you can show the cashier.

bread's done
Back