Sandy Bridge i5 Laptop

CrimsonPaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hey guys, does anyone know if there are any laptops out there that are running the i5 Sandy Bridge processor? I'm seeing a bunch that are using the i7, but from what I've read, in my situation it's not worth (what I suspect will be) the extra money for the better processor.

I was about to pull the trigger on getting an i5 laptop, but since the announcement of Sandy Bridge I figure I'd wait it out. I'm not looking at doing "much" gaming, and what I do with it will be older stuff (Battlefield 2, Elder Scrolls IV, The Witcher, stuff from GOG.com, etc.). I'm mostly looking to run VMWare and GNS3 for my router lab and Cisco studies.

Any insight is appreciated!

Don't expect mobile i5 cpu in laptop until end of February or into March. The mobile i5 Sandy Bridge isn't going to release until Feb 20.
Part of i7 Sandy Bridge mobile line is out, you can find them in HP, ACER, MSI laptops.

For a list of i5 mobile Sandy Bridge models check the wiki

Excellent news, sucks that I have to wait but it's good to know I'm not just going mad. I'll keep an eye out and hope for some decent sub-$700 deals.

bread's done
Back