SANYO Eneloop 4 Pack AA Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries w/ Charger for $14.39

karyadi

CAGiversary!
They just price dropped recently because I remember I was trying to buy rechargeable batteries a few days ago and they're weren't as cheap. These are long lasting batteries and they are the most popular on the market. They'll save you a good amount of money on batteries in the future.

I'm probably going to use these for the normal stuff, guitar tuners, wii-motes and my 360 controllers so these rock for me. One of these batteries are supposedly equal to 1500 regular batteries, might be quite a stretch but they are trying to prove they're superior at a low price. Hope you guys enjoy!

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably have about 30 of these at home and use them in everything, including all my Xbox controllers and Rock Band controllers. Highly recommended, and a good deal considering normally just the 4 batteries cost about $14.

I have heard these things are the bomb. Do they work in any charger or do you need the eneloop branded charger?

Edit: oh.. Duh, it comes with a charger. In for one thanks lol

If there's a Walgreens near you (and you don't need a charger), you can get the Duracell batteries (rebranded eneloops) on sale this week for 9.99. Just make sure they have the white tops around the positive terminal.

They're the new version too, which are supposed to be able to be recharged 1500 times versus the "old" version's 1000. Nice! Can't recommend this brand enough, been using 'em for a while and I love 'em.

Do these tend to last longer than the official 360 play and charge?

I have two of those battery packs and I just swap them back and forth between the quick charge stand, but this would work for the Wii as well.

[quote name='jer7583']Do these tend to last longer than the official 360 play and charge? [/QUOTE]
In my experience, yes. I would say atleast double (in terms of how long before you have to charge again) but I only used my play and charge for about a month before I discovered the Eneloops.

Real convenience with the Play and Charge, of course, is the ability to charge while playing.

These are great batteries. Used them almost all deployment for our 360 controllers in our shop and they worked like champs. Also, use them at home in all my remotes that require batteries.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']If there's a Walgreens near you (and you don't need a charger), you can get the Duracell batteries (rebranded eneloops) on sale this week for 9.99. Just make sure they have the white tops around the positive terminal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I already have a LaCrosse charger, so this might be a better fit for me. Any coupon needed?

Do they look like these without the Amazon branding?:
51QUgVwGJ%2BL._AA160_.jpg

Edit to my edit: The Amazon basics listed above are $9.17 for a 4-pack and $16 for an 8-pack, and by all accounts they're pretty close to the Eneloops. I'm gonna go that route instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me if these are "regular" size AA batteries? I'm only asking because I used to have some energizer rechargeable batteries, and although they worked great, they were "bigger" than normal batteries. It would become tricky to take them out of my wii remotes, xbox controllers, and guitar hero guitars. It got to the point where I would need something with a sharp edge to take them out.

[quote name='CaoPi']this ain't a game deal[/QUOTE]

What a keen eye you have. How long did it take you to figure out that batteries are not a video game?

FYI, many devices related to video gaming require AA batteries, hence why this is posted here. Food for thought.

[quote name='SteveGo']What a keen eye you have. How long did it take you to figure out that batteries are not a video game?

FYI, many devices related to video gaming require AA batteries, hence why this is posted here. Food for thought.[/QUOTE]

Can you list the many devices related to video games that require AA batteries. We have 360 controllers, how many other things are there?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Can you list the many devices related to video games that require AA batteries. We have 360 controllers, how many other things are there?[/QUOTE]

Wii remotes and wireless Rock Band drumsets (and I assume guitars, I don't own any personally) as well. Considering two of the three main home consoles use AAs in their controllers, I think it's fair game.

I've heard nothing but great things about Eneloops! Might jump in on this if they're still around later.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Can you list the many devices related to video games that require AA batteries. We have 360 controllers, how many other things are there?[/QUOTE]

Any number of controllers, including guitars, wiimotes, ps move, ps2 controllers, game gears, gameboys. Remotes for tvs that the video games are played on. Some headsets might require AA batteries. Wireless mice. You really wanna go down this road?

[quote name='SteveGo']Any number of controllers, including guitars, wiimotes, ps move, ps2 controllers, game gears, gameboys. Remotes for tvs that the video games are played on. Some headsets might require AA batteries. Wireless mice. You really wanna go down this road?[/QUOTE]

That list is quite a stretch I'd say. I highly doubt anyone here is buying these to put in their gameboys, let alone a game gear. The PS Move doesn't use batteries, and neither do PS2 controllers. I doubt you'd need eneloops for a TV remote, or even a Wiimote for that matter. That would be a waste

In other words, sure this could be applied to a video game, but that's a stretch. I don't really care that it's listed here and not in the "Other deals" section, but I certainly don't agree that AA batteries have use in many video game related products, especially this generation.

[quote name='ssjmichael']That list is quite a stretch I'd say. I highly doubt anyone here is buying these to put in their gameboys, let alone a game gear. The PS Move doesn't use batteries, and neither do PS2 controllers. I doubt you'd need eneloops for a TV remote, or even a Wiimote for that matter. That would be a waste

In other words, sure this could be applied to a video game, but that's a stretch. I don't really care that it's listed here and not in the "Other deals" section, but I certainly don't agree that AA batteries have use in many video game related products, especially this generation.[/QUOTE]

WTH are you talking about? They are perfect for Wii motes and 360 controllers, because you don't use them does not mean a heck of lot us others don't. If you having nothing to add to a discussion then don't. Honestly all these hen pecky spoiled children that have to make comment about nothing that concerns them. Just shut the hell up.

are those fancy $50 chargers (la crosse bc-700 or 9009) worth the $35-$50?

or will i be killing my batteries with the cheaper chargers like the one included here if i, say, leave them charging overnight for like 12 hours once a week

Sanyo Eneloops destroy all other batteries.

If you have the Xbox play and charge rechargeable battery, throw it out now and get the Sanyos. The Microsoft official one only holds charges for a few months then significantly drops and must be charged more often. The Eneloops hold charge and last much longer.

bread's done
Back