Sarah Palin is McCain's Choice for VP

So....Obama thinks telling jokes is blatant lying? (In reference to the jet on eBay thing)

Anyway, it doesn't matter. News on the weekend (F,S,S) = Pointless and gets lost

So when there was a vacancy at the top of the State Division of Agriculture, [Palin] appointed a high school classmate, Franci Havemeister, to the $95,000-a-year directorship. A former real estate agent, Ms. Havemeister cited her childhood love of cows as one of her qualifications for running the roughly $2 million agency.

I'd lol if I weren't too busy crying over the fact that America wants to keep Big Oil in the white house

[quote name='KingBroly']So....Obama thinks telling jokes is blatant lying? (In reference to the jet on eBay thing)[/QUOTE]

I don't think she or McCain were joking.

^ I didn't take anything she said seriously. That bitch is a walking advertisement, nothing more. She's a clown/cheerleader to get Republicans to take the stick out of their ass and to convince middle class independent women that she "keeps it real, yo" and they should vote for her.

Basically, McCain could have picked the Verizon guy or the Taco Bell dog as his VP. That's politics today, picking people more for the campaign trail than the actual job the fucktard is supposed to perform if they win.

It wasn't a joke -- she did put the jet on eBay, which is what she said. She's an awful, awful candidate for a large number of reasons, but this jet thing is such a non-issue... of course, non-issues are pretty much all the average American can handle. Ebay and jets they understand, but they don't seem to understand (or care to learn) much about the issues that matter... voters are stupid so let's talk about ebay and jets I guess.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']^ I didn't take anything she said seriously. That bitch is a walking advertisement, nothing more. She's a clown/cheerleader to get Republicans to take the stick out of their ass and to convince middle class independent women that she "keeps it real, yo" and they should vote for her.

Basically, McCain could have picked the Verizon guy or the Taco Bell dog as his VP. That's politics today, picking people more for the campaign trail than the actual job the fucktard is supposed to perform if they win.[/QUOTE]

I posted this quote a while back when Palin was first announced, but it's still absolutely priceless: Karl Rove on Obama considering Kaine for VP...

"With all due respect, again, to Governor Kaine, he's been a governor for three years. He's been able, but undistinguished. I don't think people could really name a big, important thing that he's done. He was mayor of the 105th-largest city in America. And, again, with all due respect to Richmond, Virginia, it's smaller than Chula Vista, California, Aurora, Colorado, Mesa or Gilbert, Arizona, North Las Vegas, or Henderson, Nevada. It's not a big town. If he were to pick Governor Kaine, it would be an intensely political choice, where he's said, 'You know what? I'm really not first and foremost concerned with, is this person capable of being president of the United States? What I'm concerned about is, can he bring me the electoral votes of the state of Virginia, the 13 electoral votes in Virginia?'"

I love it when things said in the past come back to bite someone or someone's party in the ass. That could have so easily been about Palin.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I loved how they snickered at Obama being a "community organizer" like it's a bad thing. Both of those assholes never lived in (or can truly comprehend) a community that needed organizing. They just pass through them on vacation when they want to avoid the highway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DiEr2xYfDk[/QUOTE]

Ahem. Funny.

I love how Obama has lead an elitist charmed life. Went to Harvard. Had government funded jobs handed to him almost his entire life. Pallin, on the other hand, wen to the University of Boise, had no powerful and rich friends to hand her jobs, and worked her ass off to get where she's at. Yet you all act like she can't understand poverty like Obama? Give me a break. Perhaps her popularity, that has so many of you elitist lovers perplexed, has something to do with her having a very similar background to the everyman (except she's a woman). Maybe it's time to reconsider our programmed need for elitists and royalty running our government?

Some "qualification" trivia for you:
Do you also realize that if Barack Obama applied to work for government intelligence such as the CIA or DIA in even the lowest position, he would very likely be denied? You see, when you apply for those jobs they do very thorough background checks and interview everyone they can find in your life and your past. And if you have any known associations with people that were ever considered threats to the country or political extremists, you don't get the job. Yet, he can be president. Just something to ponder when discussing presidential qualifications.

Note - I don't endorse Pallin, but this circle jerking high five party of bashing like above is starting to become gag-inducing.

[quote name='SpazX']Yeah I know, Obama knows William Ayers, it's terrible.[/QUOTE]

Right.

It doesn't matter if there is anything substantial to that past "friendship" or not. It doesn't even matter if Obama hates his guts now. He wouldn't get a job at the CIA/DIA for it.

I only bring this up because I have been interviewed by government intelligence because an acquaintance was applying for a job. They are thorough. They spend upwards of 10k per applicant to try and find any possible sliver of a reason not to hire them.

I'm not saying this should disqualify Obama. I just think it's ironic.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Right.

It doesn't matter if there is anything substantial to that past "friendship" or not. It doesn't even matter if Obama hates his guts now. He wouldn't get a job at the CIA/DIA for it.

I only bring this up because I have been interviewed by government intelligence because an acquaintance was applying for a job. They are thorough. They spend upwards of 10k per applicant to try and find any possible sliver of a reason not to hire them.[/quote]

Yeah, and they don't for the president. You just have to survive the millions of dollars worth of attack ads.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I love how Obama has lead an elitist charmed life. Went to Harvard. Had government funded jobs handed to him almost his entire life. Pallin, on the other hand, wen to the University of Boise, had no powerful and rich friends to hand her jobs, and worked her ass off to get where she's at. Yet you all act like she can't understand poverty like Obama? Give me a break. Perhaps her popularity, that has so many of you elitist lovers perplexed, has something to do with her having a very similar background to the everyman (except she's a woman). Maybe it's time to reconsider our programmed need for elitists and royalty running our government?[/QUOTE]

1. Obama and Palin both had nearly-free educations -- Palin on scholarship from being runner-up Miss Alaska, Obama on merit-based scholarships.

2. Obama's "connections" are the result of graduating magna cum laude from harvard law and being the editor of the law review there. Do you realize how crazy-awesome of an accomplishment that is? Seriously, maybe one or two people per year graduate so distinguished. It took him thirty years to get that recognition, but he sure as hell earned it.

It seems you aren't terribly familiar with his story so I suggest you look into it, you might respect him a bit more. He was raised middle-class by his grandparents & mother. He started his college career at Occidental and did very well -- well enough to get into Columbia. After getting his B.A. from Columbia he did some great public service for Chicago (the "community organizer" you hear the right rail on) -- it was enough to impress Harvard Law, which he was accepted to at age 27. There, he did extremely well, well enough to be editor of the law review and graduating magna cum laude. Nothing was just handed to him, he earned the fuck out of it.

But I guess the republican attack machine has already worked you over... you'll probably still just view him as a stuck up snob or whatever McCain wants you to think, while Palin and John House-Collector McCain are good ole salt of the earth everymen.

[quote name='Koggit']1. Obama and Palin both had nearly-free educations -- Palin on scholarship from being runner-up Miss Alaska, Obama on merit-based scholarships.

2. Obama's "connections" are the result of graduating magna cum laude from harvard law and being the editor of the law review there. Do you realize how crazy-awesome of an accomplishment that is? Seriously, maybe one or two people per year graduate so distinguished. It took him thirty years to get that recognition, but he sure as hell earned it.

It seems you aren't terribly familiar with his story so I suggest you look into it, you might respect him a bit more. He was raised middle-class by his grandparents & mother. He started his college career at Occidental and did very well -- well enough to get into Columbia. After getting his B.A. from Columbia he did some great public service for Chicago (the "community organizer" you hear the right rail on) -- it was enough to impress Harvard Law, which he was accepted to at age 27. There, he did extremely well, well enough to be editor of the law review and graduating magna cum laude. Nothing was just handed to him, he earned the fuck out of it.

But I guess the republican attack machine has already worked you over... you'll probably still just view him as a stuck up snob or whatever McCain wants you to think, while Palin and John House-Collector McCain are good ole salt of the earth everymen.[/quote]

Sounds like thrust's equally unfamiliar with Sarah Palin's educational background. She transferred SIX times in college (including a stint in Hawaii, abandoned apparently because Palin felt it was "too rainy" there). She barely graduated and went on to a scintillating career in sports journalism and beauty pageantry.

Look, you can throw around the terms "elite" and "ivory tower" and whatever else you have all you want. I'll say it flat out: I want a SMART president, not a DUMB one. We've had one of those for eight years. I'll take the editor of the Harvard Law Review any day of the week over Wasilla's Favorite Sports Chick.

And it's all moot anyway because Palin is just a token in John McCain's increasingly desperate shell game anyway.

[quote name='Tybee']Sounds like thrust's equally unfamiliar with Sarah Palin's educational background. She transferred SIX times in college (including a stint in Hawaii, abandoned apparently because Palin felt it was "too rainy" there). She barely graduated and went on to a scintillating career in sports journalism and beauty pageantry.

Look, you can throw around the terms "elite" and "ivory tower" and whatever else you have all you want. I'll say it flat out: I want a SMART president, not a DUMB one. We've had one of those for eight years. I'll take the editor of the Harvard Law Review any day of the week over Wasilla's Favorite Sports Chick.

And it's all moot anyway because Palin is just a token in John McCain's increasingly desperate shell game anyway.[/QUOTE]

When Palin became mayor and then governor she fired a ton of people and then started hiring ex highschool friends. For example she gave a friend a fairly high paying in the department of agriculture, her qualifications?

She liked cows.

P.s. You have to remember when thrust uses the word elitist it does not mean anything, just like with scores of other words he does not really understand.

Elitist gets tossed around much too often by cons in general.

All these politicians give friends jobs so I don't hold that against her too much. It is wrong, but they all freaking do it.
But if the baby needs to be fed and you have to go to a meeting are you going to breastfeed your newborn or go to the meeting and let your little hubby nurse the baby with contaminated chinese baby milk?

Considering how Obama grew up, i'm guessing he went to Harvard on some sort of academic scholarship or other financial aid. So for that he's considered privileged?

[quote name='Koggit']
[/QUOTE]

Oh. Well thanks for clearing that up, all I knew about Obama until now was this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4-TZspqlOs

;)

Even if Obama is an elitist, is that such a bad thing?

If I was going into surgery, I'd want an elite surgeon working on me.

If I was eating, I'd want an elite chef cooking for me.

;)

Elitist =/= just being elite. Elitism is the way elite members of society typically act -- snobby. There are two angles to the attack that make it effective...

a) Make voters dislike him. Think of him as a cheese-and-whine stuck-up douchebag that nobody wants to have a beer with.

b) Make voters believe he can't relate to you. He's rich and prissy -- and if he can't relate to you, how can he understand what you need?

[quote name='seanr1221']Even if Obama is an elitist, is that such a bad thing?

If I was going into surgery, I'd want an elite surgeon working on me.

If I was eating, I'd want an elite chef cooking for me.

;)[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Bill Maher put it great recently on Real Time. He said something along the lines of first off every politician has some degree of elitism, they pretty much all think their better then everyone else. But second the average American isnt qualified to be president....so shouldn't we want someone thats better then us? Shouldnt we want a deep thinker whos responses we dont always understand? And shouldn't we want the guy that seems like our boss, not the coworker we have a beer with after work?

People are just fucking morons anymore and its sad that we would rather have a moron we can relate to then an intelligent person we cant. Give me a candidate that eats food iv never heard of, been places iv never knew existed and studied subjects that I didn't realize you even could study. I also loved how he gave a list of Presidents that had cheated on their spouse......alot of our best presidents were getting some stanky on their hang low while in office while the worst presidents were the loyal family values guys.

n34205656_32275858_6430.jpg

:cool:

[quote name='MSI Magus']Exactly. Bill Maher put it great recently on Real Time. He said something along the lines of first off every politician has some degree of elitism, they pretty much all think their better then everyone else. But second the average American isnt qualified to be president....so shouldn't we want someone thats better then us? Shouldnt we want a deep thinker whos responses we dont always understand? And shouldn't we want the guy that seems like our boss, not the coworker we have a beer with after work?

People are just fucking morons anymore and its sad that we would rather have a moron we can relate to then an intelligent person we cant. Give me a candidate that eats food iv never heard of, been places iv never knew existed and studied subjects that I didn't realize you even could study. I also loved how he gave a list of Presidents that had cheated on their spouse......alot of our best presidents were getting some stanky on their hang low while in office while the worst presidents were the loyal family values guys.[/QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly. The electoral,as a whole is getting dumber which further lowers the substance of the presidential campaigns. Candidates don't want to talk about the issues since the majority of the electorate won't understand what they're talking about. It's all buzzwords and talking points and digging up dirt rather that really hearing how each candidate specifically plans to deal with the pressing issues facing us. While not very PC, I really think there should be minimum educational level (i.e. high school graduate or equivalency) or a test that you need to pass in order to have the right to vote.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Oh. Well thanks for clearing that up, all I knew about Obama until now was this:

;)[/quote]

That guy does Uncle Ruckus proud.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Oh. Well thanks for clearing that up, all I knew about Obama until now was this:

;)[/quote]

That was so over the top I started laughing. This guy is nuts - nuts!

[quote name='camoor']That was so over the top I started laughing. This guy is nuts - nuts![/QUOTE]

And yet the fair and balanced fox put him on air.

Being black & supporting McCain = auto-attention from conservative media

I thought it was hilarious how at the RNC half the close-ups of supporters were of black supporters while they represented a very, very, very small minority of the total audience.

Another funny video on the Palin pick

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4mKWceq0vY&eurl=http://copiousdissent.blogspot.com/2008/09/democractic-party-war-room.html[/media]

[quote name='winterice']What's funny about portraying Obama as Hilter?[/quote]

Yeah, in my opinion, that video is a bit more weird than funny. :whistle2:s

[quote name='MSI Magus']Exactly. Bill Maher put it great recently on Real Time. He said something along the lines of first off every politician has some degree of elitism, they pretty much all think their better then everyone else. But second the average American isnt qualified to be president....so shouldn't we want someone thats better then us? Shouldnt we want a deep thinker whos responses we dont always understand? And shouldn't we want the guy that seems like our boss, not the coworker we have a beer with after work?
[/QUOTE]

The difference is, many of us don't believe that there is such a thing as someone "better" than us, and we quickly learn in life to distrust anyone that seems to try and sell us on the fact that they are. Nobody running for president is "better" than you, MSI. Nobody is capable of more than you are. That type of thinking should have died out in midevil times. We don't have "royal blood" or Nobles anymore. If you think so, then I have some beach front property to sell you in Colorado.

But... if you feel it's important to look for people better than you, rather one of you, to lead you. Go right ahead.

More "qualified" than us is a different story. Everyone has a different definition of what Presidential qualifications are.

Some people think a president needs to have tons of corporate leadership experience (since our country is essentially a corporation).
Some people think a president needs to have tons of community service experience.
Some people think a president needs to have military leadership experience.
Some people are impressed by ivy league educations.
Some people would be alarmed at a candidate for president who couldn't pass a low level intelligence officer background check.

The list goes on. Nobody is going to fit everyone's preferred requirements or wish lists.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mykevermin']That's the worst sig image I've ever seen.[/quote]
Be glad it wasn't a moose. Those things will fuck your car up something awful.

I know!!
Like Alaska is near Russia. :rofl: :rofl: Ok, Sarah. :wall:

Man, World War 3 is around the corner. Anyone wanna go to the moon with me?

[quote name='lilboo']I know!!
Like Alaska is near Russia. :rofl: :rofl: Ok, Sarah. :wall:

Man, World War 3 is around the corner. Anyone wanna go to the moon with me?[/quote]

I'll race ya there, space cowboy. ;) :mrgreen:

bread's done
Back