Sarcasticgamer.com Boycotting Battlefield: Bad Company!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ender

CAGiversary!
Feedback
178 (100%)
Just wanted to make anyone who is interested aware of this:

http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2008/03/bfbcs-dlc-is-just-plain-bs.html

Basically, the guys over at Sarcasticgamer.com have gotten wind of EA's marketing strategy for Battlefield: Bad Company, and are pissed. Apparently, EA plans to sell additional guns for the game via XBLM. SG feels that this is exploiting the consumer, by making them pay more for things that should be in the game from the beginning.

IIRC, this is not the first time something like this has occurred. However, this is the first time such a massive boycott has been assembled (it's circling the blogosphere pretty heavily). For my part, I'm not quite as enthusiastic as the guys at Sarcastic Gamer, but I agree with their sentiments.

I think (well, I know actually) that CAG has a bigger fanbase than SG, and if fellow CAGs are on board, then I think we could throw some significant weight behind the boycott. So, there you go. Check the link for more information and a funny parody video about the situation.

I've been trying to Boycott EA for the longest fucking time now, and it's all because of all you stupid ass consumers that keep buying their crap even AFTER shit like this is know. I don't get it, I mean... I hear so many people say they agree that EA sucks ass yet, you turn around an buy their crap. LAME...

You guys deserve it at this point too, erm.... Brought it on yourselves.

Meh, I'll probably "boycott' the game cos it'll be not as good as F:FOW and will have to be played on EA's crappy servers.

I'm not sure that really counts though.

[quote name='bardockkun']Yes, you 20 people (at best) are going to show EA![/quote]

I know!

We are gonna stick it to the man this time.

This is a good cause to support, letting companies charge you extra for stuff you already bought that is on the disc is a very bad precedent.

[quote name='bardockkun']Yes, you 20 people (at best) are going to show EA![/QUOTE]

No, you got it wrong.

They should not voice their opinion and just buy the game like mindless consumers!

[quote name='life.exe']Should boycott EA in general, but people keep buying there crappy games anyways even when they say EA sucks.[/quote]

I've been boycotting them since the announcement that they had monopolized football games. Several of my friends are boycotting as well.

Well, I was looking forward to this game until I played the beta. I will likely boycott it out of sheer crappyness as much as the microtransaction gimped weapons library. None of the guns shoot well at all. They all seem like peashooters. I jsut don't think anything else will be able to touch CoD4's level of polish.

Well I played beta and did not like it. This is my first time playing a COD4 game so yeah, but I will most likely boycott seeing as I won't buy it.

[quote name='thespamofpower']i had no intention of buying the game anyway so does that make me included in the boycott?[/quote]

This :D

EDIT: Does the "Bad Company" mean EA? lul c whut i did dere?

I dont buy EA developed games new, and havent for years. The only EA published game that I've bought new in the last few years is Orange Box, cos thats a vote for Valve in my book.

And for sure I would never buy a multiplayer EA game. Allowing people to buy more & different weapons completely breaks the gameplay balance. Not to mention the fact that they will shut down online servers for the game a year from now when the rushed, nothing new sequel comes out.

Charging for new maps that are created after the game comes out are one thing. Stuff that was ready to go at launch, but held back to nickel and dime consumers with?

fuck you EA.

[quote name='bardockkun']Yes, you 20 people (at best) are going to show EA![/quote]

There's no need to threadcrap, bro. Take your trolling elsewhere.

[quote name='thespamofpower']i had no intention of buying the game anyway so does that make me included in the boycott?[/QUOTE]

What he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back