Saturday variety game night [3/20 - Age of Booty]

[quote name='option.iv']Actually picked up Ghostbusters from gamefly sale. I'll pop it in and see if I can play. Do I need to do anything ahead of time like an install?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you need to do a install, and update the game with the latest patches.

[quote name='metaly']I'm going to be in my space cave all weekend but I know there are some Ghostbusters players lurking around.[/QUOTE]

I use to be one until I plated that game, gosh the MP is so broken.

[quote name='option.iv']Actually picked up Ghostbusters from gamefly sale. I'll pop it in and see if I can play. Do I need to do anything ahead of time like an install?
[/QUOTE]
What he said, but you also need to add people to the in game friend list.

[quote name='Supplice']
I use to be one until I plated that game, gosh the MP is so broken.[/QUOTE]
How so? Aside from an occasional crash I haven't experienced any issues with MP.

[quote name='mguiddy']What he said, but you also need to add people to the in game friend list.

How so? Aside from an occasional crash I haven't experienced any issues with MP.[/QUOTE]

Weren't you there the time I ran around for 15 minutes finishing a round collecting massive XP while everyone else was still connected to voip but the games weren't synced?

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Weren't you there the time I ran around for 15 minutes finishing a round collecting massive XP while everyone else was still connected to voip but the games weren't synced?[/QUOTE]
Yes... but I'm counting that as "an occasional crash" as it only happened once.

He made it sound like it was completely broken, like people did with Borderlands, yet somehow randy and I managed to play through it entirely in coop from day one and somehow didn't experience more than one or two crashes and a handful of spots that had significant slowdown.

[quote name='option.iv']
Also, I was thinking of creating a similar thread, but for fighting games where people could do some matchmaking. Something to unify all the different FGs, instead of one per like I did in the past. I know people are still playing SFIV and we can probably find people to play SC4 with you metaly, haha.[/QUOTE]

Man, I am always down for some Soul Calibur, get that fighting game thread going option!

Last edited by a moderator:
No one really showed up for Ghostbusters (option did, but didn't stay for whatever reason) so I just did single player for a few hours (got through the library with

Thanks for the plug metaly.

Well, I would be up for Bomberman or Wipeout HD. I haven't touched either for a while, and it'd be nice to replay them.

I'm sure we can play a game of Uno (notice I said "a game") as well. It's a great game, just not when a round takes 20 minutes to complete.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Would totally be down for some SCIV, T6, or MK vs DC but don't have the consistent schedule these days to commit to times.[/QUOTE]
So refer to my thread. Time commitments are not required. It's just a tool to help you find CAGs who are available and/or live close.

I can always hold a joint FGM and Variety Night game night of HDRemix, as it has lobbies.

Lots of fun. Thanks for showing up, everyone. SweetSweet's surprise appearance at the end was hilarious.

Sounds like there will be some Age of Booty next weekend. I just remembered I'm not going to be around but I'll still pick it up for the next time.

[quote name='metaly']I just remembered I'm not going to be around but I'll still pick it up for the next time.[/QUOTE]
I was going to say "I thought next week's game was going to be Perfect Dark."

[quote name='mguiddy']I was going to say "I thought next week's game was going to be Perfect Dark."[/QUOTE]

You're goddamn right it is. :applause:

I actually don't remember when we did this... But only cause I don't think we ever actually played AoB. XD

I don't think I joined in much..... I think I played Bomberman once.... including a surprise video appearance by yours truly when I won a round. I'm usually hanging out with my wife on Saturday nights, but might be able to join in every once and a while. I have most of the PSN games listed in the OP.

I would be game for these events since I have pretty much all the noteworthy PSN games or just fun games, for the most part.

Although, I didn't buy the new Worms because it just felt like a cash grab since I already have the old Worms on my PS3. I just couldn't see that much of a difference in playing the new Armaggeddon version.

bread's done
Back