saturn games in indiana?

amil_mcw

CAG Veteran
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hi. I'm semi-new. I'm currently living in West Lafayette and looking for a good place to pick up some saturn games. I've been to gamexchange and they have a pretty decent selection and they're all only about $7.00 so i'm going to be hitting that up come payday, but are there any other good stores around here that still stock the good ol' saturn?

i'm willing to drive a ways, logansport, kokomo, indy, crawfordsville, wherever.

Don't know if there's one near you, but Game Crazy still carries Saturn games(games are usually under $5). Might want to look there if there's one in your area.

I know as far as Fort Wayne is concerned, the only place you can find saturn games is at McVans. Neither of the game crazy stores in town carry any saturn games. The goodwill on Maplecrest has a few crappy sports games for the staturn. Those have been sitting there for months.

i have about 5 stores around me that carry saturn games, cases and all in perfect condition. If you let me know what you are looking for i can look next time im in the stores. Im not in Indiana but i could ship stuff to you.

[quote name='amil_mcw']Hi. I'm semi-new. I'm currently living in West Lafayette and looking for a good place to pick up some saturn games. I've been to gamexchange and they have a pretty decent selection and they're all only about $7.00 so i'm going to be hitting that up come payday, but are there any other good stores around here that still stock the good ol' saturn?

i'm willing to drive a ways, logansport, kokomo, indy, crawfordsville, wherever.[/quote]
Your best bet will be Game Exchange in town, as well as the local Game Crazy, which is actually in your local Hollywood Video and WILL NOT show up on any GC Store Locators.

Just thought you would like to know, although Exchange charges around $7.50 to $15 for their games, regardless of their availability or rarity. I spent a nice $15 for Darius Gaiden and Bust a Move 2 but, geez, they were well worth it.

I think those will be your best local bets. I'd help you more but I'm currently situated in Bloomington, which is fine for current releases and a spectacular EB but that's about it. I think you will also be quite well off in Indianapolis and, I think, perhaps right outside of Keystone since I believe there's a large Game Crazy there.

[Edit:] I get a 5 on the writing section of the GRE and yet I can't be bothered to read your original post in full? Fantastic. Regardless, the Exchange will be your best bet in the area although their prices can be both a boon and a curse. The same applies to the rest of their stock on...everything, really. Just be sure you know what certain titles go for and where the deals actually lie, although their stock is spectacular enough that sometimes it's best just to toss down a few extra bucks and let them stay in business.

thanks for the opinions/advice! i think i'm going to head into the Xchange here soon, i might head down 26 to kokomo and check out their location there, too.

sleepy, i've never had a problem with the mcvans in fishers. i used to live there and would frequent it quite a bit, but i guess since i was the only one buying their saturn stock they would cut me deals all the time. i'd walk out with a bunch of import saturn games for like $10 a piece. the thing that i've found is really beneficial at mcvans is the incredibly large amount that i'd get for trading stuff in for credit. i'd hit up garage sales over the weekend and then take stuff in on monday and get like $100 store credit for stuff i spent $20 on. i can't speak for the fort wayne or evansville locations since i've never been there, but the fishers one is top notch!

Buddy,

I have one recommendation for you... The Game Xchange!!! I know that place kind of sucks now, but back in the day (two years ago), it was a gold mine for Saturn games. I found Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Dragon Force for $10 a piece! I found Guardian Heroes there for $8!!!!!!!

I know that the place sucks now, but patience is a virtue. Get to know the guys that work there, so they'll call you when new Saturn games come in. Trust me, most of the guys there are mildly retarded at best, so they have no idea what shit is worth (I bought Valkyrie Profile there two years ago for ten bucks).

Boiler up buddy,

Zack-Morris

I'll put it this way. I currently live in WL, since I go to Purdue, and I just ditched three Saturn games and they're on ebay right now (Burning Rangers, Shining Wisdom, and Albert Odyssey). I'm actually try to get rid of Saturn games, mostly because my Saturn internal ram battery has died again, so I basically lost ALL my game saves AGAIN (no way I'm playing through all those games again). But, there's no way I will ditch my copies of NiGHTs, Virtua Fighter 2, Daytona USA, and Shining The Holy Ark though. You can take a look at my game collection, in my sig, to see what I have. My games are still back at my hometown of Fort Wayne, but whenever I go home, I would pick stuff up.

As for Saturn games, I know Game Xchange, and there's a store in the Levee (I think there are called J&R Music/Video or something), who sells a ton of used games (although most are crap, I found a mint copy of Intelligent Qube for $10 there over the summer). They have a ton of Saturn games behind the counter, but I couldn't tell what they were (probably mostly crappy sports games).

I'm a little angry at Game Xchange, because I almost got Shining Force III for $7 (I originally traded the game in at Funcoland for $40, kind of miss it, but I couldn't save the data of the game anyway), but they couldn't find the game, and made up some excuse as to why I couldn't get it (I bet they were holding it, and accidently put it out).

Speaking of Valkyrie Profile, my PS1 copy is on ebay (Since I bought it for PSP, no one I'm touching my PS1 copy again).

As for McVan's, they sure do suck. They use to be really good, when Rob was one of the managers. Until Rob was no longer one of the managers, and working at Blockbuster instead, the store went downhill, with their outrageous prices on trades, crap selection, etc. I use to get awesome SNES games, Saturn games, etc. from them before, but that's not the case anymore. I can buy games cheaper at EB then do even color trades at McVan's these days.

I was at the Kokomo Game Xchange about 2 weeks ago. They had quite a selection then(not sure what you're looking for though). They had quite a few but for some reason the only one I remember being there is Virtua Cop.

Also, if you're interested there PSP stuff is 10% right now.

And I will vouch for the guy who said Game Xchange guys are retards. Some of them are nice guys that know some things, but there are a couple who can't do simple math there.

Do they have any import Saturn games at any of these places? My wife's from Indiana and we're there at least twice a year to visit family.

[quote name='Rags']Also, if you're interested there PSP stuff is 10% right now. [/QUOTE]I might have to take a look, although I doubt they have what I'm looking for.

Probably not, they mainly have stuff that is easily available. Might check though, maybe you will get lucky. I do get lucky in there sometimes, so it does happen.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']As for Saturn games, I know Game Xchange, and there's a store in the Levee (I think there are called J&R Music/Video or something), who sells a ton of used games (although most are crap, I found a mint copy of Intelligent Qube for $10 there over the summer). They have a ton of Saturn games behind the counter, but I couldn't tell what they were (probably mostly crappy sports games).[/QUOTE]

I think you mean J&L Records. They do have some Saturn games. I check it out about once a month. Every once in a while they have a couple gems that i would never think of finding again. Definitely worth stopping by.

[quote name='crazynater']I think you mean J&L Records. They do have some Saturn games. I check it out about once a month. Every once in a while they have a couple gems that i would never think of finding again. Definitely worth stopping by.[/QUOTE]A little off topic, but I find it quite interesting that we are both from the same hometown, go to college at Purdue, and we are both in the school of technology.

I'm not telling how I knew this. :p

Saturn games...I don't pay video game store prices for vintage games as $7 a game seems insane to me. 70 cents a game is closer to what I pay, if they're complete and good games. You can find them at garage sale and flea markets, and you can even find good deals on Ebay sometimes, especially if you buy a big lot, then sell off the games you don't want on Ebay separately. If you find badly described items, you can often turn a profit buying a lot of 20 games, keeping 5, and selling off the other 15.

Still, nothing beats garage sale finds.

The only place I've found Saturn games here in Indy is the Flea Market on S. East St/Us 31 near Target and Southern Plaza.

Theres a booth there ran by an older man with many games and systems. He has quit a few Saturn games but I've just been un willing to pay his prices even though theyre not too bad (Dark Savior for $30 and Legend of Oasis for $35 specifically). He has some imports too but the only one I think I might remember is Radiant Silvergun (if thats even on Sat I don't know I could be mistaking the name).

He's hit and miss if he's there though. I've went six times and five were specifically for him and he was open twice (and one of them was the time I went not to see his stuff and didnt have the money for the games I wanted then).

Actually, come to think of it, there's a place down in Greenwood that sells them. It's inside a Video One - it used to be a stand alone store just to the north of the mall, but now it's just south of the mall inside that video store. They actually have games for basically every system under the sun, but their prices are such that I never buy anything there. Which probably explains why I had forgotten it!

RD

WrestleCrap'sRD;2200910]Actually said:
The place inside of the VH-1 Video is actually a Video Game Xchange store. It used to be over by the old Target on County Line Rd. It was in the strip mall with Battery Plus.

That Video Game Xchange is alright, but don't expect to find anything like Dragon Force, Panzer Dragoon, or even Clockwork Knight.

btw, RD. Love the site.

bread's done
Back