Save $10–$50 on Select Movies & TV Shows

[quote name='midnightexpress']It's funny how people still buy DVDs...[/QUOTE]

If you don't own a Bluray player or Bluray drive then that's all you can get...

[quote name='midnightexpress']It's funny how people still buy DVDs...[/QUOTE]

It's funny how some people are so close-minded that they don't realize that DVD is a huge market and only a small amount of people have completely switched over to Blu Ray

Don't forget about the $5 coupon as well. I grabbed the Godfather blu-ray set for $29.99 today with it and a $5 Reward Zone certificate.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']If you don't own a Bluray player or Bluray drive then that's all you can get...[/QUOTE]Dude, compare the prices between any BD/DVD/DC combo pack and just the DVD version. There's like a $2 difference between them. In most cases, you're a moron if you buy the DVD only version. DVD is old news, good sir.

[quote name='dchrisd']It's funny how some people are so close-minded that they don't realize that DVD is a huge market and only a small amount of people have completely switched over to Blu Ray[/QUOTE]

Your source?

As much as I respect what you said, buying DVDs isn't ideal anymore considering the price gap before Blu-rays and DVDs is too small nowadays. DVD isn't a huge market anymore, streaming is. The only physical market that can compete with streaming is Blu-ray, because it provides what steaming doesn't: quality.

shiat, I thought I was done with DVD too, even going to turn away from the combo packs to save a few $$$. However, on Thursday the wife and I bought a new SUV w/ a $2k dual DVD/monitor setup installed (which for a price like that, you'd at least think it had BD by now..). Then had to load up a $9.99 Case Logic with all the Disney movies we have for the kids..guess I'm not saying goodbye to DVD anytime soon, or combo packs at least..

I picked up Blue Mountain State yesterday from this deal (yes I know its on Netflix Streaming, that is where I first watched it) b/c its funny as hell! Would've loved Parks & Rec SN1, but only 1 store in the Houston area had it..ordered it from Amazon w/ Prime for only $1.20 more (considering the tax at BB) so I'm happy!

I picked up in store:

Mystery Science Theater 3000 XX for 19.99 - 5.00 coupon = 14.99
30 Rock Season 4 16.99 - 5.00 coupon = 11.99

Thanks!

I try to buy most movies on Blu-ray now, but I am fine buying TV seasons on regular DVD. In most cases its because of cost and in some cases I might already have some of the seasons on DVD and dont want to mix them up buy buying Blus.(i.e. 24, Lost, and Battlestar)

Human Target is also $14.99. Very tempting, I loved that show and was sorry it was cancelled. I wonder if they'll put season 2 out since it was cancelled.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Dude, compare the prices between any BD/DVD/DC combo pack and just the DVD version. There's like a $2 difference between them. In most cases, you're a moron if you buy the DVD only version. DVD is old news, good sir.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to Universal, and UFC, and Eclipse, and WWE, etc. etc. who put out FAR too much stuff only on DVD, so there's not much choice. WWE at least tried. They started putting out all PPVs on Blu Ray this year, but the sales were so poor, they've already cancelled the next two. Universal and UFC, on the other hand... UFC put out ONE PPV on BR, and Universal has yet to put a single season of 30 Rock, Eureka or Psych, among many other things, on BR. Disney's not much better with Desperate Housewives and Castle, again among others. Not to mention the 2 disc DVD versions of Harry potter and the deathly hallows that were going for $40-100. DVD SHOULD be dead. That sadly however, is far from the case.

Reported The Godfather and Bourne Trilogy to Amazon. Although last night I saw Bourne Trilogy on the front page of Amazon for $29.99. Was there a DoTD for it yesterday or something? Not that I am currently interested. Just had to report it because the price was $29.99 yesterday.

Might have to pick The Godfather regardless of a price match. Best Buy coupon makes it a little better.

Man, I'm not sure yet what to get first, Bourne vs Godfather trilogy?? What do you think?? I bought Ten Commandments & can only choose one today. Which one is more likely to be on sale again sooner too? thanks.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Godfather triology my drop down $20 - $25 on Black Friday ;) I refer Bourne Trio for $26.XX after taxes & $5 off coupon ;)[/QUOTE]

Erm... Either one of them could drop on Black Friday, so I don't see what your point is. For what it's worth, this is the best price that Amazon or Best Buy have had on either title, in both cases by about $10 before taking the coupon into account. There's no predicting what sales may or may not happen in the future. Get the one that you want more and don't worry about it.

The only other thing that I'd point out if you're really on the fence is that the Bourne titles are all available individually as well, so you may see deals on grabbing them separately in the future as well as other box set deals. As of right now, Godfather III is only available in the set, not by itself.

[quote name='dnghia']Your source?

As much as I respect what you said, buying DVDs isn't ideal anymore considering the price gap before Blu-rays and DVDs is too small nowadays. DVD isn't a huge market anymore, streaming is. The only physical market that can compete with streaming is Blu-ray, because it provides what steaming doesn't: quality.[/QUOTE]

From the market research NPD group
http://www.npd.com/press/releases/press_110608.html

15 percent of U.S. consumers reported using a Blu-ray player in the prior six months in March 2011, up from 9 percent the prior year. By way of comparison, 57 percent of U.S. consumers reported using a standard DVD player in 2010, which is unchanged from 2009.
...According to NPD's "Blu-ray Disc Report," there is evidence that Blu-ray is beginning to offset the loss of DVD customers. NPD estimates there are currently 116 million physical disc buyers in the US, which is down from 128 million in 2009; however, the nearly 26 million Blu-ray buyers helped keep that number from sliding further.
Netflix has about 23 million US customers and there are about 112 million US households....which equals about 20% household penetration rate, and in Q3 2010, Netflix said that 66% of their customers used streaming at least once. Tossing in the other services, such as apple, amazon, ect and video on demand sales you are not likely break more than 20% US household penetration for streaming.

Streaming is growing fast but there are limits (such as access to high speed internet, the costs of said high speed internet, hardware costs) which put it out of reach/make it not cost competitive for a fair number households. I would imagine that lots of younger people have blu rays/streaming devices but many of their aunts and uncles probably don't.

[quote name='gojiboy']Do we know how long this is supposed to last?[/QUOTE]

It's yesterday and today only.

Keep in mind, if you're planning on buying in-store with a coupon today, that a lot of stores are closing early for the holiday. I know that the Best Buy here is closing at 6:00 tonight.

I'm surprised no one has posted anything about the complete 80's Transformers series being $39.99!

Picked up Godfather Trilogy blu ray using the coupon. Looking forward to watch it later this week. :bouncy: I guess I can wait on Bourne, I do have 1 and 2 on DVD and recently watch the 3rd.

[quote name='grundy']I'm surprised no one has posted anything about the complete 80's Transformers series being $39.99![/QUOTE]

It's also $40 at Amazon, but no $5 coupon

[quote name='Animal7390']this sale should be through the week.[/QUOTE]

The website specifically says "Fourth of July Sale 2 days only. Sunday-Monday."

bread's done
Back