Save $10 on select Nintendo Guides at Gamestop.com and B&M

Tricky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
If only I had a list I would buy them and never use them. I would have got the M & L guide for 99 cents at TRU but I decided on price matching frys $29.99 price instead because I couldn't combine them.

Thanks OP, grabbed a Pikmin 3 guide at my local store for a surprising 7.99 with power up pro. I was expecting the 10 pct off the sale price, not the original.

I bought Mario & Luigi Dream Team. I paid $1.78 with power up pro, $10 off and  I had $6.11 from an erewards gift card.

Thanks htz

Can someone produce a better link to the guides?

I don' t know why my links do not work. Try the links that htz posted.

FYI, Amazon has the Mario and Luigi one for $11.99.  Might be nice for someone who wants free shipping or doesn't pay tax or has Amazon Prime.  I've got some Amazon Reward Points myself.

Another comment--I love how some of these guides are based on the Japanese size.  I already had the Animal Crossing one and love it for it's fun size/shape as much as anything else.  Looks like the Mario and Luigi one is similar.  For $10-12 or whatever, yep, gonna grab it.

And yet another comment--Looks like the Pokemon X/Y guide is going to be this size, too.  I really hope it's based off of the Japanese Pokemon guide.  Maybe Prima has realized the Japanese guides are superior and obtained some kind of a deal to ape Japanese publishers (or maybe Nintendo self-publishes in Japan or has worked out a deal).

Sorry, talking about stuff no one cares about due to drinking too much tea.

FYI, Amazon has the Mario and Luigi one for $11.99. Might be nice for someone who wants free shipping or doesn't pay tax or has Amazon Prime. I've got some Amazon Reward Points myself.

Another comment--I love how some of these guides are based on the Japanese size. I already had the Animal Crossing one and love it for it's fun size/shape as much as anything else. Looks like the Mario and Luigi one is similar. For $10-12 or whatever, yep, gonna grab it.

And yet another comment--Looks like the Pokemon X/Y guide is going to be this size, too. I really hope it's based off of the Japanese Pokemon guide. Maybe Prima has realized the Japanese guides are superior and obtained some kind of a deal to ape Japanese publishers (or maybe Nintendo self-publishes in Japan or has worked out a deal).

This is 'Merica I want full size guides for my adult hands.

FYI, Amazon has the Mario and Luigi one for $11.99. Might be nice for someone who wants free shipping or doesn't pay tax or has Amazon Prime. I've got some Amazon Reward Points myself.

Another comment--I love how some of these guides are based on the Japanese size. I already had the Animal Crossing one and love it for it's fun size/shape as much as anything else. Looks like the Mario and Luigi one is similar. For $10-12 or whatever, yep, gonna grab it.

And yet another comment--Looks like the Pokemon X/Y guide is going to be this size, too. I really hope it's based off of the Japanese Pokemon guide. Maybe Prima has realized the Japanese guides are superior and obtained some kind of a deal to ape Japanese publishers (or maybe Nintendo self-publishes in Japan or has worked out a deal).

Nope amazon listed the author as a Prima writer

Just a warning, the Animal Crossing New Leaf guide just didnt do it for me...very lackluster.
I'm not sure what else they could have done with it really. It's got the catalog part everyone loves and overviews of everything (which kind of spoil the game). That said, again, self-admittedly, I am highly swayed by the physical form of the book, the nice color pages, and the low price I paid ($12).

Anyone have experience with the M&L guide? Normally wouldn't bother, but $10, and it's cute.

does it stack with PUR?
Yes, it does stack with pur.

I'm not sure what else they could have done with it really. It's got the catalog part everyone loves and overviews of everything (which kind of spoil the game). That said, again, self-admittedly, I am highly swayed by the physical form of the book, the nice color pages, and the low price I paid ($12).

Anyone have experience with the M&L guide? Normally wouldn't bother, but $10, and it's cute.
The Mario and Luigi guide is the same size as the Animal Crossing Guide. I bought it but did not opened it yet.

Yes, it does stack with pur.

The Mario and Luigi guide is the same size as the Animal Crossing Guide. I bought it but did not opened it yet.
Saw it at Target today for $14.99 and thought, wow, good for Target. Then realized it was mislabeled (Paper Mario Sticker Star's is $14.99) and that it was, in fact, $19.99. Love that MSRP, Target.

Local Gamestops (two of them) had zero Animal Crossing or M&L guides, oddly enough.

Amazon for $11.99 for me, I guess.

Is there a master list of these 'Japanese-sized' guides? I seem to only be able to find them at Target (so far I have Paper Mario, Mario and Luigi and Animal Crossing). I've seen Mario 3D, NSMB2, Donkey Kong Returns and Mario Kart, but I can't seem to find a Luigi's Mansion one (the one I ordered from Amazon was normal sized). I assume these style guides are only for 3DS games.

I've Googled but there doesn't seem to be any list.

Is there a master list of these 'Japanese-sized' guides? I seem to only be able to find them at Target (so far I have Paper Mario, Mario and Luigi and Animal Crossing). I've seen Mario 3D, NSMB2, Donkey Kong Returns and Mario Kart, but I can't seem to find a Luigi's Mansion one (the one I ordered from Amazon was normal sized). I assume these style guides are only for 3DS games.

Wow, someone even more into these guides than I am!

I've never been able to find a master list either, nor even anyone seemingly interested in them besides me. We should join forces!

I think when a guide is produced for a game, it is an either/or situation. In other words, there is only the Japanese-sized Animal Crossing, M&L, etc. guides, and similarly, I think there is only the larger-sized Luigi's Mansion guide.

I was also curious if these guides are only for 3DS games. I guess maybe that is the case. I'm going to look up on Amazon the other guides you mentioned as being the smaller size and see what they're asking!

Edit: I was wrong! Seems there are multiple sizes that have been published for the Mario Kart 7 guide, just to add to the confusion. If only more people cared than us two. Even the publisher lacks any kind of list. We could e-mail them.

Edit again: Okay, I e-mailed them.

I tried adding a game with the guide to get over $25 for free shipping, but it looks like a guide doesn't count towards the $25 needed. It also auto-applied a 10OFFGUIDE code which takes 10% off the guide when bought with any game (saves $1 for most). Unless I can find something to bump me up to free shipping I can't seem to make this worth it, even with all the promotions.

There is a smaller version of Luigi's Mansion. I have seen it at Walmart and my local Gamestop. If you are having trouble finding it I can pick it up for you at cost plus shipping.

mario up to 12.49

do you really need the guide for this game.. it seems simple enough

Got a reply from Prima!

Hi Jesse, thank you for checking in with us. I am happy to hear that you like our smaller size guides. Some of these guides are exclusively sold by Target or Walmart.

I will pull a list together for you.

Thanks,
Veronika

I'm going to have to check out Wal-Mart. I could not find the Mino Luigis Mansion guide. I assume its because of limited space and these can easily be hung on pegs without damage.

bread's done
Back