Save $100 on a PS Vita PS+ Bundle with Playstation Credit Card Approval

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
card_art.jpg

• Instant Game Collection bundle includes the PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi system, 1-year membership to PlayStation®Plus, Unit 13 game voucher, and 4GB Memory Card.
  • Immediate collection of hit games*, including Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, WipEout®2048, Unit 13, and more.
  • Cross-platform membership - one PlayStation®Plus membership works across both the PS Vita system and PS3 system, unlocking 6 games for your PS Vita and 12 additional games for your PS3 with new games added every month.
  • Exclusive discounts of 10% - 75% on the PlayStation®Store.
  • Console gaming in your hands with the ultimate control of Dual Analog Sticks and incredible graphics through the high-definition 5" OLED touch screen.
  • Stay connected via 3G using AT&T's Mobile Broadband Network**.
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gateway/?offerlink=psvita100off0413&campaigncode=NI14QR6E

Pretty good deal. If you don't think you'll want PS+ right away (although it's a great program), you should be able to sell the code for another $30 or so, bringing the out of pocket total down to $170 for a Vita and Unit 13.

Pretty sweet deal. I hope the trend of the Vita getting attention lately continues on. Personally I love mine, the handheld has a gold mine of opportunities if it'd just take it. Technology-wise, it's probably the greatest handheld ever made with a bunch of untapped resources.

But, Sony needs to market this thing that way. The 3DS is selling like hot cakes and spanking it so far, just like the DS did last gen. Sony hurt themselves a bit in my opinion pushing the memory card overpricing, 99 bucks for 32GB is just insane. If they can implement something with this and the PS4, that'll be awesome.

Great deal but I ended up cancelling the PS credit card pretty quickly. I got a ridiculously low limit and it takes about 2 weeks after you pay it off for things to go through, resetting your low limit. Since it takes so long to reset the limit, you're stuck with an even lower limit for half of the month.

nice deal but still too much for a vita right now. If you dont mind taking a chance on craigslist you can find a really good deal with game and memory card for that price. Hell a month after it came out i was able to get one for that price with dock, 8gb memory, 3 games and a case for the system.

[quote name='AzGoat']nice deal but still too much for a vita right now. If you dont mind taking a chance on craigslist you can find a really good deal with game and memory card for that price. Hell a month after it came out i was able to get one for that price with dock, 8gb memory, 3 games and a case for the system.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention amazon warehouse deals too. There have been a few pop up at 140ish with a memory card.

Had they just offered the vita for $100 w/$15 -$25 per month package for 1 yr at launch it would be in such a better position. The larger base would've gotten devs to bring more games faster. They need to get the top 10-15 games that sold the best on PSP & follow the same pattern for vita. 3-5 GTA's, 3 MGS, 3 GOW's...make sure they are either Sony exclusives via cross buy or vita exclusives. Several bigger titles deserve custom vita colors/bundles & for god sake get us monster hunter. That game alone will move 3 million games.

Here's some more tips for anyone thinking about a Vita.

Make sure to get your extra $20 PSN credit via the Vita referral program before May 10th if you decide to buy. It's too late to start referring people since you need to get invited by Sony, but you can still use other people's referral codes to get at least an extra $20. (They earn $20 when you use their code up to $200 max.)

And there are a lot of free games/apps for it. Get a big memory card. I'd recommend the 16gb if you can still get it on sale until the 32gb drops closer to $75. At one point the 32gb was selling for $50, but I don't see that happening again until Black Friday.

And get the Hori screen protector for the front. Pretty much hands down the number 1 accessory you're going to want. It goes on perfect. Don't waste money on the Cosmos protectors. They have stickers on them that leave gunk and they come off within a week or so. You won't even notice the Hori one. It's only $3-$5 and you won't have to worry about ruining the nice screen.

I caved and bought one for $209 at target and price matched the 16gb memory card for $30. Not the best deals, but I don't regret it one bit. Love this thing. Soul Sacrifice on Tuesday is going to be a killer game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brash_Attack']Great deal but I ended up cancelling the PS credit card pretty quickly. I got a ridiculously low limit and it takes about 2 weeks after you pay it off for things to go through, resetting your low limit. Since it takes so long to reset the limit, you're stuck with an even lower limit for half of the month.[/QUOTE]

I have the regular Sony Card also from Capital One and my payments go through in 1 day.

[quote name='thrifty1']Here's some more tips for anyone thinking about a Vita.

And there are a lot of free games/apps for it. Get a big memory card. I'd recommend the 16gb if you can still get it on sale until the 32gb drops closer to $75. At one point the 32gb was selling for $50, but I don't see that happening again until Black Friday.

And get the Hori screen protector for the front. Pretty much hands down the number 1 accessory you're going to want. It goes on perfect. Don't waste money on the Cosmos protectors. They have stickers on them that leave gunk and they come off within a week or so. You won't even notice the Hori one. It's only $3-$5 and you won't have to worry about ruining the nice screen.[/QUOTE]Sony has already confirmed both price cuts for hardware & memory this yr probably at E3. The 32GB is $88 at walmart.com normal price & accessories have been on a major clearance cycle.
Walmart has most of them
Official Sony headset $11
Car charger $7.50 cheaper at BB
USB cable $7.50 cheaper at BB
power brick $7.50 cheaper at BB
Media stand kit $2.50
Official starter kit w/4 GB memory card $22.50
Pull N Go Folio(Best case ever) $22.50
BB starter kit is $5
Game case kit $3 at BB
$30 16GB memory at BB
BB also has both turtle beaches for $15 or $24
for less than $100 you can get all the best accessories except the 32GB card
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342098

[quote name='mrbungle']I have the regular Sony Card also from Capital One and my payments go through in 1 day.[/QUOTE]

The Sony card and the Playstation card are two separate cards so make sure you sign up for the Playstation card which gives you 10x points on PSN purchases and this deal.

I have the Playstation card from CapitolOne and they gave me a $5000 limit which is more than I'm ever planning on spending on it lol. It takes 2-3 days max for the stuff to get through pending after I use it and I have had no problems paying it off immediately online.

FYI - tax and S&H added about $20 for me...total was $220.48 out the door for those that care. That will still allow me to buy a 32GB card for "free" - at least.

[quote name='thrifty1']Here's some more tips for anyone thinking about a Vita.

Make sure to get your extra $20 PSN credit via the Vita referral program before May 10th if you decide to buy. It's too late to start referring people since you need to get invited by Sony, but you can still use other people's referral codes to get at least an extra $20. (They earn $20 when you use their code up to $200 max.)

And get the Hori screen protector for the front. Pretty much hands down the number 1 accessory you're going to want. It goes on perfect. Don't waste money on the Cosmos protectors. They have stickers on them that leave gunk and they come off within a week or so. You won't even notice the Hori one. It's only $3-$5 and you won't have to worry about ruining the nice screen.

I caved and bought one for $209 at target and price matched the 16gb memory card for $30. Not the best deals, but I don't regret it one bit. Love this thing. Soul Sacrifice on Tuesday is going to be a killer game.[/QUOTE]

I would add to your list a recommendation for a grip attachment, specifically this one. It's pricey, but the rubberized coating is very comfortable.

Has anyone received emails from this offer? When I have it re-send my confirmation email I never get anything...I've also not received any order confirmation/etc. emails...but when I login to http://www.sonyrewards.com/ and have them re-send - nothing ever comes! I've checked my SPAM folder and everything (using Gmail)...weird.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']Has anyone received emails from this offer? When I have it re-send my confirmation email I never get anything...I've also not received any order confirmation/etc. emails...but when I login to http://www.sonyrewards.com/ and have them re-send - nothing ever comes! I've checked my SPAM folder and everything (using Gmail)...weird.[/QUOTE]

Same here. When I log in it shows my order though. Also using gmail.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']Has anyone received emails from this offer? When I have it re-send my confirmation email I never get anything...I've also not received any order confirmation/etc. emails...but when I login to http://www.sonyrewards.com/ and have them re-send - nothing ever comes! I've checked my SPAM folder and everything (using Gmail)...weird.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure everyone has this problem. I had it too. Wait 1 day then log on sonyrewards and click it again. If you still have problems after 1 day send then them an email.

Wow. I should have waited a few days to get my card it seems. Now you get $50 and a PS+ 12 month sub after your first purchase. Oh well.

[quote name='mang9432']Same here. When I log in it shows my order though. Also using gmail.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thrifty1']Pretty sure everyone has this problem. I had it too. Wait 1 day then log on sonyrewards and click it again. If you still have problems after 1 day send then them an email.

Wow. I should have waited a few days to get my card it seems. Now you get $50 and a PS+ 12 month sub after your first purchase. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Just had them re-send this AM and it worked fine.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']Thanks. Just had them re-send this AM and it worked fine.[/QUOTE]

same here. how long does the sony store usually take to ship stuff? dying to get my hands on this vita :)

As a longer term investment, wouldn't get this bundle. The memory card is way too small and 3g is useless. Sony will either phase out this model completely or replace it with a 4g version.

[quote name='bruceg']As a longer term investment, wouldn't get this bundle. The memory card is way too small and 3g is useless. Sony will either phase out this model completely or replace it with a 4g version.[/QUOTE]

A majority of people don't use the 3G as it is since it isn't free and users don't want to pay another monthly bill. I doubt they'll make a 4G model as the WiFi for online play works just fine.

[quote name='thrifty1']
Now you get $50 and a PS+ 12 month sub after your first purchase. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't this the previous deal? I signed both my wife and I up for one, so I got 2 years of PS+, $100 in PSN credit, and a 0% APR credit card for the cost of zero dollars.

Decent deal - for now. I would venture to bet though, Sony probably has a price drop coming in the next few months. Holidays at latest.

I would like to get one, but the prices are still ridiculously high. I even heard someone on the phone at my store tonight looking at the Vita stuff saying "yeah its STILL $250 and you don't even get a memory card!"

Sony's gotta drop the price before holidays, or retailers are just going to stop giving it shelf space. There's only so much room going to be available for the new systems and big games coming out this year.

[quote name='AwRy108']Wasn't this the previous deal? I signed both my wife and I up for one, so I got 2 years of PS+, $100 in PSN credit, and a 0% APR credit card for the cost of zero dollars.[/QUOTE]

Previous deal was just $50 which I used to purchase my PS+ sub. So the current deal is an additional $50

Prices aren't that bad especially when you consider that if you buy one before may 10th you get an extra $20 back from the referral program ontop of the deal for buying it at $200. And you get so much value out of PS+ itself. It's insane. I don't even have enough time to play everything. I've literally got 20+ games sitting on my PS3's harddrive waiting to be played.

bread's done
Back