Save $35 on Zelda SS for Gamer Zone Reward Members at Best Buy

It's nice to finally see a great deal on a Nintendo game. I should have waited, but I thought I'd play it immediately following launch.

[quote name='BABETOOTH']I have no problems with someone who wants to do their job correctly, but some people act like they own the store and they are about to lose their own money. This happened with the save $40 coupon on Call of Duty MW3. The girl kept reading the coupon and even said "there is no way this is correct" I calmly said " if you scan it and it doesn't work then it doesn't" It worked no problem and yet she had suspicion in her eyes...[/QUOTE]

I frequently encounter similar issues when I use coupons at my local Best Buy. One clerk who was giving me a rude look even tried to claim that my account wasn't real.

Regarding the "printout" people are referring to... I'm 99% sure the printout sku is the same as what is on the back of your rz card. If you look at the numbers on the printout compared to your card , they match.

We all had to login before that screen showed up, so they know it's us :)

[quote name='BingoBrown']I'm guessing it's mostly an attempt to exert power. A store clerk is mostly powerless at his job, he probably has 5 different managers over him and nobody under him. The one area where they can exert power is over customers. That's not to say it's an excuse, though.[/QUOTE]

Or it may be that he's not trying to get scammed and lose his job.

I realize this is a forum about getting the best deals, but you're not a psychologist. Typically big box stores will tell employees when things like this are setup so they know to look for them. This is a best buy problem because they're not telling their employees what's going on. But there are also plenty of people who come into stores like BB everyday and try to scam shit out. You can't blame the clerks for being cautious.

I picked one up today with the CD. Thanks op! Might try and get another tomorrow as well. Doesn't seem to have a limit as long as you don't do it all in same transaction.

Thanks OP! I picked up a copy today at the Columbia Heights, Washington DC store. They had around 10 more copies with the cd after I grabbed mine.

The dumb thing is, I still don't have a Wii! This deal just seemed like too good of an opportunity to pass up.

[quote name='NedHead']No need to rush on this. They had a ton of copies left.[/QUOTE]

Yup stopped in and check today, had about 10 copies all with music CD, so Ill pick this up later this week, no rush haha...

Scoured the thread but didn't see a definitive answer... can I just sign up for the gamer club thing and then turn around and buy the game right after?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Scoured the thread but didn't see a definitive answer... can I just sign up for the gamer club thing and then turn around and buy the game right after?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's pretty much what I did.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Or it may be that he's not trying to get scammed and lose his job.

I realize this is a forum about getting the best deals, but you're not a psychologist. Typically big box stores will tell employees when things like this are setup so they know to look for them. This is a best buy problem because they're not telling their employees what's going on. But there are also plenty of people who come into stores like BB everyday and try to scam shit out. You can't blame the clerks for being cautious.[/QUOTE]

THIS. Christ, hasn't anyone here ever worked in retail before? There are people who try to scam stores by using coupons in a way they aren't intended to be used (fucking crazy coupon ladies), or people who print out fake coupons that actually scan and ring up just like a real coupon would. Best Buy has had a lot of good deals lately that probably make the cashier think they are being scammed. Maybe Best Buy isn't doing a very good job of communicating these deals to their cashiers.

[quote name='BABETOOTH']I have no problems with someone who wants to do their job correctly, but some people act like they own the store and they are about to lose their own money. This happened with the save $40 coupon on Call of Duty MW3. The girl kept reading the coupon and even said "there is no way this is correct" I calmly said " if you scan it and it doesn't work then it doesn't" It worked no problem and yet she had suspicion in her eyes...[/QUOTE]

And like I said, fake coupons actually do scan and work just like a real coupon would. I rang up someone for a free 19.99 xbox live card one time, and the coupon scanned and marked it down, just like it was legit. I was suspicious at the time, but let it go. Found out a few days later that people were manufacturing and using these fake coupons in our area. I imagine Best Buy has to deal with this kind of crap all the time.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Typically big box stores will tell employees when things like this are setup so they know to look for them. This is a best buy problem because they're not telling their employees what's going on. But there are also plenty of people who come into stores like BB everyday and try to scam shit out. You can't blame the clerks for being cautious.[/QUOTE]

I don't blame the clerks for being cautious. I do blame the *managers* for being clueless *and* incurious.

I started telling a BB manager about one of the @Gamer coupon deals and he cut me off, saying he knows nothing about @Gamer, he's not a gamer. It's like I went to the grocery store with a question about a coupon for beef in their weekly ad, and the manager shrugged his shoulders, explaining he's a vegetarian.

Corporate should educate the field about their promos, but I'd think an employee - a manager, in particular - would take a walk around their own store every once in a while to see WTF is going on.

Sherman Oaks, CA has about 7-8 copies left BUT somehow MANY of them were damaged. It looks like maybe at one point these were store clearanced as they had what looks like remains of yellow BB price tags that were scraped off of them which caused massive damage to the gold foil parts of the front covers. Some of the others had bad dents or other damage. I had to dig out one from the back of the rack to get one without damage (and they were all in the plastic theft-boxes so the damage was done by employees)

There was one more copy I'd consider mostly acceptable that I left in the very back of the stack...

All had music CD included as far as I could tell...

Wish i was a reward zone member as i've been wanting to pick this game up. not worth it though as i never shop at best buy, closest store to me is like 3 hours away.

Thanks OP for the info, I've wanted to get this game for some time, great price. Even if it ever gets cheaper than $15, at least it guarantees that you'll get the soundtrack CD as well.

Not that I'm worried much about supply, all the stores in a 25 mile radius around my house in AZ have stock available at the moment... Perhaps an even better DotD or blowout sale in the near future?

Grabbed a copy last night with CD. My local store only had one left after my purchase (unless there were more in the back). Rung up with no problems once the cashier scanned my card. After the discount appeared, he had a huge surprise on his face though. Thanks OP!

Already own the game and enjoyed it, but grabbed a copy for my little cousins who love Zelda games, thanks for the heads up OP. Also, seems all the copies at the Rancho BB in Cali were the versions with the soundtrack CD.

Picked mine up in Greece, NY today. Only a few copies left and it included the CD. Thanks OP for posting this, I probably would have missed out.

[quote name='jms5118']Wish i was a reward zone member as i've been wanting to pick this game up. not worth it though as i never shop at best buy, closest store to me is like 3 hours away.[/QUOTE]

3 hours? So there is no BBY within 150 miles of you house? Not that I would even drive 25 miles one way but I thought they were like Wal-marts or McDonalds.

[quote name='CaoPi']Does the coupon apply automatically or we actually need to print it out from the website?[/QUOTE]

I first claimed it on the website but never printed it out. After you give your RZ # and then hit total it should pop up and they will apply it.

[quote name='CaoPi']Does the coupon apply automatically or we actually need to print it out from the website?[/QUOTE]

I used one of these coupons in the past. I just showed it to the cashier on my mobile phone (best buy rewards app on android).

The barcode on the coupon it shows when you register is just your RZ number... as long as your card gets input (either scanned or using the lookup) you should be good to go.

so they put a coupon that has a print button? But you actually only need your Reward zone gamers account, totally mind fucked...

[quote name='CaoPi']so they put a coupon that has a print button? But you actually only need your Reward zone gamers account, totally mind fucked...[/QUOTE]

Why would you be mindfucked?

Yes, you can just use your RZ but a printed coupon is like a reminder to some people. Or you send out a SO to pick it up for you.

Bought one copy for $15 and traded it into Gamestop for about $28 store credit during the extra 50% trade-in deal on sunday. Pretty good flip and I got the Nintendo coins/Orchestral disc. :D

[quote name='CaoPi']so they put a coupon that has a print button? But you actually only need your Reward zone gamers account, totally mind fucked...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that is how they should do the gamer coupons if they want to reduce fraud.

Just an update - RZ gamers account ($14.99 a month) not necessary. I do not have one and picked this game up as stated without issue. She scanned it in, system recognized the promo, voila. No manual entry or anything.

[quote name='bassec']Just an update - RZ gamers account ($14.99 a month) not necessary. I do not have one and picked this game up as stated without issue. She scanned it in, system recognized the promo, voila. No manual entry or anything.[/QUOTE]
Unlocked is not necessary. RZ gamer's Club is required but free.

Picked this up this evening at the local Best Buy, it was the last copy on the shelf and included the CD. Listened to the CD while making dinner, it's pretty good. Have a couple games to finish before I start this but happy to have picked it up for this price.

All copies on the floor had the soundtrack CD with them, I don't know why people are so shocked about this?

Anyway the cashier had it ringed up and it was $49.99 until it went to the final check out page then I got the discount. $16 and some change out the door. Good deal!

[quote name='CaoPi']All copies on the floor had the soundtrack CD with them, I don't know why people are so shocked about this?

Anyway the cashier had it ringed up and it was $49.99 until it went to the final check out page then I got the discount. $16 and some change out the door. Good deal![/QUOTE]

i know this is a stupid question, but can you play the soundtrack cd in cd playerS? or it has to be played in wii console?

Going to buy this even though I don't have a wii anymore. But I will play it once the wii u comes out lol. cause the wii u is backwards playable

[quote name='YBX87']i know this is a stupid question, but can you play the soundtrack cd in cd playerS? or it has to be played in wii console?[/QUOTE]

You're asking if a CD will work in a CD player...yes lol. By the way, I thought the music sucked ass haha. I was listening to it in my car, after a minute or so I launched it out the window :D.

[quote name='MunchnOnDoritos']You're asking if a CD will work in a CD player...yes lol. By the way, I thought the music sucked ass haha. I was listening to it in my car, after a minute or so I launched it out the window :D.[/QUOTE]

you could of given it to someone as a gift ,LOL

[quote name='MunchnOnDoritos']You're asking if a CD will work in a CD player...yes lol. By the way, I thought the music sucked ass haha. I was listening to it in my car, after a minute or so I launched it out the window :D.[/QUOTE]

5116916182_2af2373afc.jpg

bread's done
Back