Save $35 on Zelda SS for Gamer Zone Reward Members at Best Buy

[quote name='YBX87']you could of given it to someone as a gift ,LOL[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess lol. I have two copies so no biggie.

[quote name='CaoPi']....[/QUOTE]

Thanks bro, this is the first time I was actually "Cool Story Bro'd".
I'll never forget you!:D

[quote name='Jayrcee']Are both versions ringing up as $10?[/QUOTE]With both of them being taken off the site I'd think it's a complete store clearance not YMMV

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Gamestop still have a decent TiV for this?[/QUOTE]It would be great if there were a place one could go to see the trade in values and promos for gamestop. You could call a gamestop, I suppose.

[quote name='orangecrush']It would be great if there were a place one could go to see the trade in values and promos for gamestop. You could call a gamestop, I suppose.[/QUOTE]LOL true but isn't it funny how GS has been doing it for this long but BB has an estimator right on their site.

[quote name='Enuf']LOL true but isn't it funny how GS has been doing it for this long but BB has an estimator right on their site.[/QUOTE]There is a reason GS doesnt have all the values on their site (do they still show the top values like they used too?). It is better for them to have people walk in with a stack of games and not know the value of any given game. The thread here is a pretty good tool for the engaged amoung us though.

Just got shot down for this deal by two separate cashiers. Both gave me a price of 49.99 even though I just signed up for gamers club. Anyone in the know have any idea why that is? I even went as far as to purchase it from the second cashier in case it was a last second deduction (not a big deal will return it this evening)

I'm thinking maybe the guy just signed me up for Rewards Zone and not Gamers Club? He was vigilant that you needed to be unlocked to get the deal, so maybe this was his last move of douschbaggery.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Just got shot down for this deal by two separate cashiers. Both gave me a price of 49.99 even though I just signed up for gamers club. Anyone in the know have any idea why that is? I even went as far as to purchase it from the second cashier in case it was a last second deduction (not a big deal will return it this evening)

I'm thinking maybe the guy just signed me up for Rewards Zone and not Gamers Club? He was vigilant that you needed to be unlocked to get the deal, so maybe this was his last move of douschbaggery.[/QUOTE]

did you CLAIM the offer?

[quote name='confoosious']did you CLAIM the offer?[/QUOTE]

No. I registered online and claimed the offer, and I'm going to print-out the page just in case. Gonna return / rebuy later tonight.

Thanks!

[quote name='Kstyle']Aamzon Trade in value is $19.00
there is 4 dollar Flip

Going to go to Target / Wal-mart saying I lost receipt[/QUOTE]You should not do that.

there is 4 dollar Flip

Going to go to Target / Wal-mart saying I lost receipt[/QUOTE]

Classy.

Seriously, why post that? If you're going to do it, just do it and shut the fuck up.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']No. I registered online and claimed the offer, and I'm going to print-out the page just in case. Gonna return / rebuy later tonight.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I had trouble just claiming mine online. I assumed once you claim it, their system will recognize it when they scan your Rewardszone card (the online wording even says this). The cashier and supervisor said they needed a printout or to show it to them on my phone. Just a heads up for those who think you can just show your card.

Also, there were still plenty available (with music CD) in all of my local stores.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I had trouble just claiming mine online. I assumed once you claim it, their system will recognize it when they scan your Rewardszone card (the online wording even says this). The cashier and supervisor said they needed a printout or to show it to them on my phone. Just a heads up for those who think you can just show your card.
[/QUOTE]FYI:If you've made purchases while these offers are valid check the myrz site too see if the "offer" is showing on the receipt. Once it's showing there & you claim it there shouldn't be an issue.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Classy.

Seriously, why post that? If you're going to do it, just do it and shut the fuck up.[/QUOTE]

I hope he gets a speeding ticket on the way. :lol:

I was able to pick up a copy with cd at my store today. Like someone else mentioned there were dents in the gold part of the cover on many of them even though they were all in those protective plastic cases. For some reason I had to pull up my RZ offers twice on my phone before the Zelda offer showed up.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']mmmm quick question: I bought one yesterday, can I buy one today again or is it only one per RewardsZone Gamer's Club member?[/QUOTE]
One per RewardsZone Gamer's Club member.

[quote name='Kstyle']18 Dollar Trade-in at Gamestop
does not need OST.[/QUOTE]

Yep! Practically paid off Arkham City: GOTY and kept the soundtrack for only $15 out of pocket!

Gonna grab my copy of SS tomorrow, too good of a deal to pass up, even if I don't have Wiimotion + yet. Hopefully I'll get lucky like some of the guys here and get one with a CD.

[quote name='Kstyle']18 Dollar Trade-in at Gamestop
does not need OST.[/QUOTE]

good to know, now STFU about flipping or

You+are+a+female+who+has+posted+a+picture+of+_e4402e0f276e53b8558f249714d3d633.jpg
! :hot::hot::hot:

there is 4 dollar Flip

Going to go to Target / Wal-mart saying I lost receipt[/QUOTE]
No, don't do that. It's a waste. You can buy much cheaper games and use that tactic to get the same amount. Trade it into Gamestop. They'll give you about $24 for it. Not a whole lot more, but at least Gamestop credit is useful for video games.

[quote name='Distrato']Its called return fraud. Look it up.[/QUOTE]
I already did. But you obviously didn't. Because you're wrong. It isn't return fraud.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']I already did. But you obviously didn't. Because you're wrong. It isn't return fraud.[/QUOTE]

It is EXACTLY return fraud.

"Types of return fraud:

Some examples of the return fraud and abuse problems include:

• Wardrobing or renting: Purchasing merchandise for short-term use with the intent to return the item, such as a dress for a special occasion, a video camera for graduations and weddings or a big-screen television for the Super Bowl.
  • Returning stolen merchandise: Shoplifting with the objective to return the item(s) for full price, plus any sales tax.
  • Receipt fraud: Utilizing reused, stolen or falsified receipts to return merchandise for profit. Alternatively, returning goods purchased on sale or from a different store at a lower price with the intention of profiting from the difference.
  • Employee fraud: Assistance from employees to return stolen goods for full retail price.
  • Price switching: Placing lower priced labels on merchandise with the intention of returning the item(s) at the higher price point.
  • Price arbitrage: Purchasing differently priced, but similar-looking merchandise and returning the cheaper item as the expensive one."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_fraud

Now just to be 100% clear, that was in reference to someone saying they would take their copy and "return it" to Walmart/Target.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']It is EXACTLY return fraud.

"Types of return fraud:

Some examples of the return fraud and abuse problems include:

[/QUOTE]

no use trying to argue, the mods should be here to delete this kinda talk in 5.4.3.2....

NuclearPorkchop, it isn't receipt fraud because there is no reciept involved. If I'm reading it right, receipt fraud is like this. You go to Walmart and purchase a game for $30. Next week, you go to Best Buy and see the same game for $10. Having already opened the game you bought, you can't return it. So you go and buy the one at Best Buy and return it to Walmart with the receipt. That's receipt fraud. And what that other poster did is different because there is no receipt involved.

Not only that, but people commit receipt fraud on a regular basis on this website. I don't know how many times I've seen someone say to someone who bought a game at a store for a higher price, that they should buy it for cheaper in the other store that they found it for and return it to the first store with the receipt.

So no only is Kstyle not doing anything wrong, but the majority of this website's posters are the ones committing an illegal action.

One would still be exchanging the item, which was purchased at a separate establishment, for reimbursement under the pretense that you are 'returning' the item to the store from which is was originally purchased. This is what one would have to tell the cashier making the exchange, effectively lying.

That would be called fraud. Fraud is legally defined as
:

"A false representation of a matter of fact—whether by words or by conduct, by false or misleading allegations, or by concealment of what should have been disclosed—that deceives and is intended to deceive another so that the individual will act upon it to her or his legal injury."

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/fraud

One would be fraudulently returning the item for cash where they have no legal right to receive any. Hence, Return Fraud.

This is a deals website, not a scam website. I'd wager nearly every time someone brags about committing Return Fraud here, not a single person would condone such behavior, and would express equal disdain for it.

TL;DR - It's still Return Fraud, which is illegal.

In that case, people commit fraud every single day of their lives simply by lying to another person. Is returning a product that you didn't buy at a place fraud? Sure. Is it return fraud? No. Is it illegal? No.

And didn't you read my second paragraph? People do brag about and suggest "return fraud" and nobody calls them out for it.

riker.jpg

God I hope you're aren't serious. I hope you're just a troll. If so, 10/10, you got me.:applause:

Otherwise, if you're not, your education has failed you. Miserably.

Hopefully a mod will clean this up by the morning.

I'm out.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']
[*]Receipt fraud: Utilizing reused, stolen or falsified receipts to return merchandise for profit. Alternatively, returning goods purchased on sale or from a different store at a lower price with the intention of profiting from the difference.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']If I'm reading it right, receipt fraud is like this. You go to Walmart and purchase a game for $30. Next week, you go to Best Buy and see the same game for $10. Having already opened the game you bought, you can't return it. So you go and buy the one at Best Buy and return it to Walmart with the receipt. That's receipt fraud. [/QUOTE]

No, you're not reading it right. There is no "reused, stolen or falsified" receipt in your example; just your legitimate receipt from Walmart. Also, in your example, you're not simply returning goods purchased from a different store at a lower price - you bought a game from Walmart for $30, and you're returning the same SKU to Walmart for $30; there is no profit involved.

Let's hope the legal profession is not in your past, present or future.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']In that case, people commit fraud every single day of their lives simply by lying to another person. Is returning a product that you didn't buy at a place fraud? Sure. Is it return fraud? No. Is it illegal? No.

And didn't you read my second paragraph? People do brag about and suggest "return fraud" and nobody calls them out for it.[/QUOTE]
Wow, just wow. The stupidity of your responses is incredible.

stupid-friend.jpg

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Just got shot down for this deal by two separate cashiers. Both gave me a price of 49.99 even though I just signed up for gamers club. Anyone in the know have any idea why that is? I even went as far as to purchase it from the second cashier in case it was a last second deduction (not a big deal will return it this evening)

I'm thinking maybe the guy just signed me up for Rewards Zone and not Gamers Club? He was vigilant that you needed to be unlocked to get the deal, so maybe this was his last move of douschbaggery.[/QUOTE]

They have to total out the transaction which then the package discount will apply. Not sure that you have to actually claim the offer online but I know the $15 price doesnt come up automatically. My copy initially showed $50.

Here's a dumb question; do they have to scan the coupon AND enter your RZ info? The cashier was trying to tell me that by scanning the bar code on the coupon, it would automatically pull up & enter my RZ account... but still, the $35 off didn't apply (even after totaling). I tried to convince her to ALSO enter in my RZ info, but she insisted. She also tried to convince me that I needed to have or sign up for a BB credit card for it to apply, which I KNOW wasn't accurate. Then she switched gears and said that I needed to pay to $50 up front & the $35 would be mailed to me,. like a rebate. After five minutes of arguing, she finally had a supervisor come over and manually take the $35 off.

[quote name='Zincdust']Here's a dumb question; do they have to scan the coupon AND enter your RZ info? The cashier was trying to tell me that by scanning the bar code on the coupon, it would automatically pull up & enter my RZ account... but still, the $35 off didn't apply (even after totaling). I tried to convince her to ALSO enter in my RZ info, but she insisted. She also tried to convince me that I needed to have or sign up for a BB credit card for it to apply, which I KNOW wasn't accurate. Then she switched gears and said that I needed to pay to $50 up front & the $35 would be mailed to me,. like a rebate. After five minutes of arguing, she finally had a supervisor come over and manually take the $35 off.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Im afraid to go and get Skyward Sword because of these ordeals. I had the same thing happen to me with Twisted Metal last week or so. Its not a smooth process.

Will Best Buy price match in-store competitors and stack the offer? TRU has the game w/music CD for 34.99. It would be pretty awesome to get another the Tera deal!

[quote name='mabuhay13']Will Best Buy price match in-store competitors and stack the offer? TRU has the game w/music CD for 34.99. It would be pretty awesome to get another the Tera deal![/QUOTE]

No PM and BB coupon/offer stacking has been my experience.

Picked up a copy last night, and yes, it came with the CD :)

Only thing was that i looked for the game for about 5 minutes in the Wii section but couldnt find it.

I asked a clerk if their were any in stock, she led me to the glass display case in the xbox section and they had about 6-8 copies left. So just an FYI.

Other than that, it was a very smooth transaction, no questions asked. Very satisfied

[quote name='Zincdust']Here's a dumb question; do they have to scan the coupon AND enter your RZ info? The cashier was trying to tell me that by scanning the bar code on the coupon, it would automatically pull up & enter my RZ account... but still, the $35 off didn't apply (even after totaling). I tried to convince her to ALSO enter in my RZ info, but she insisted. She also tried to convince me that I needed to have or sign up for a BB credit card for it to apply, which I KNOW wasn't accurate. Then she switched gears and said that I needed to pay to $50 up front & the $35 would be mailed to me,. like a rebate. After five minutes of arguing, she finally had a supervisor come over and manually take the $35 off.[/QUOTE]

No. The coupon contains your reward zone information. If they scan the coupon, it will automatically apply your reward zone information. If you have them scan the card and then they scan the coupon, the system will reject it for duplicate reward zone info. If that happens, just have them manually remove the card scan from the ring-up and re-total the sale, and it should drop to $14.99.

That's what happened for me earlier in the week.

[quote name='SackAttack']No. The coupon contains your reward zone information. If they scan the coupon, it will automatically apply your reward zone information. If you have them scan the card and then they scan the coupon, the system will reject it for duplicate reward zone info. If that happens, just have them manually remove the card scan from the ring-up and re-total the sale, and it should drop to $14.99.

That's what happened for me earlier in the week.[/QUOTE]

They scanned both my card and the offer for it to work for me, so YMMV on how it applies.

[quote name='thelonepig']They scanned both my card and the offer for it to work for me, so YMMV on how it applies.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they changed the coupon at some point.

All I know is, I had 'em look up my RZ account because I didn't have the card on me. Then I had 'em scan the game, then the coupon. The system went 'duplicate info found' and didn't apply the coupon. Removed the original RZ lookup, scanned the coupon again, and it went through just fine. No manager override necessary.

I use my RZ card and when they scan it, it shows I am in the Gamers Club and also shows I am unlocked. With TM, the deal came off automatically because of this. I'm not sure about LoZ:SS because she did scan the offer page I printed out, but in any case, both were repped without issue. One other note, I am a Silver RZ member as well.

bread's done
Back