Save $5 at Amazon.com when you Pre-Order DJ Hero. (+$10 Credit)

Any word on if this will be applied to existing orders or a way to apply it without canceling and reordering? I have the Renegade on preordered but I used the 50% coupon and eca dicount.

[quote name='NJMane']Any word on if this will be applied to existing orders or a way to apply it without canceling and reordering? I have the Renegade on preordered but I used the 50% coupon and eca dicount.[/QUOTE]

Same here, please, anyone?

It's actually 10 off. I'm going to email customer service and ask them to apply the code for me. I figure that should work.

Very tempting, but i want to see reviews first.. any idea how long this coupon code will be good for?

Emailed them a bit ago, as I too have the Renegade on pre-order. I asked for 5$, because thats what the email says. Oh well, hopefully i get something.

Also for those who have not got the gold box price, 189.99. Even if you have the 50% and eca. Just email them and tell them you saw the gold box price and you would like it applied to your pre order. I have about 10 or so games on pre order now and it has worked for all of them. Sometimes someone decides to be a hero and not apply it, so just email again and get a person who will.

I am not sure if its worth the hassle or the "exposure" to email them about it. I have the pre-order with a double stacked ECA discount and the 50% Coupon. I would hate for them to cancel one of the 2 $20 (via the 10% coupon) for this extra $5. I am paying $6.99 for it out of packet already (not including the $10 of amazon credit I will get back for having it pre-ordered). I think I will end up passing on the extra $5 just to be safe.

[quote name='gacktplays']What is this 50% coupon that you guys are talking about? Is it still available?[/QUOTE]

It was a promotion Amazon was running that if you trade in $60 worth of games to their trade-in service they would give you a code for 50% off of any video games purchase (game or accessory). The promotion was back in July I believe (codes had to be redeemed by Aug. 31st)

It comes out to a little over $97 after ECA discounts and this code for the regular bundle. Without counting the $10 gift card you get after the game is released. Might bite.

The gamestop near me is doing a demo on Sunday. If I like it I might order it.

my good friend "Manjeet K" informed me that I was already getting a 10 promo credit after the game ships. So apparently this guy's head is filled with rocks and doesn't realize this is a separate discount. I will not give up and try calling them or emailing them again. I am getting the game with 2xeca and gold box for 151.99 currently, but would like another 10.

A simple 2 minute call just got me another 10 off. It was very easy (it helped that she was American, not that there's anything wrong with foreigners), the lady just entered the code and it worked. I told her that it would be helpful to be able to enter the code on your order summary page for pre orders and she agreed it was a great idea and said she would suggest it. 141.99 getting better....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']my good friend "Manjeet K" informed me that I was already getting a 10 promo credit after the game ships. So apprently this guy's head is filled with rocks and doesn't realize this is a seperate discount. I will not give up and try calling them or emailing them again. I am getting the game with 2xeca and gold box for 151.99 currently, but would like another 10.[/QUOTE]

If you dont mind, post back and let me know if they give you any gripe about the x2 ECA. I know that they are aware of it now and dont want to lose $10 in the long run by pushing my already fantastic luck. Thanks.

Hmm, I'm going to try to get this in my Goldbox. It would already be 96.99 after ECA and coupon, and that's not taking the $10 giftcard off the price.

C'mon quickpicks!

[quote name='NJMane']If you dont mind, post back and let me know if they give you any gripe about the x2 ECA. I know that they are aware of it now and dont want to lose $10 in the long run by pushing my already fantastic luck. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

None. It was incredibley easy. I have several 2x eca codes going and have emailed or called almost all of them. You would be foolish not to call. Its 10 bucks.

[quote name='lolwut?']Hmm, I'm going to try to get this in my Goldbox. It would already be 96.99 after ECA and coupon, and that's not taking the $10 giftcard off the price.

C'mon quickpicks![/QUOTE]

You dont need to try. As stated above, I have emailed them for every game I have pre ordered, about a dozen, and asked for the gold box price. I have it for all my games. Even ones with 2x eca. My email goes something like this....

I have pre ordered this game for xx.xx. I recently saw this item under my quick picks for xx.xx. Can you please refund me the difference per your pre order price guarantee.

It has worked about everytime. In some cases i have had to email a second time but it always works in the end. I was getting pissed at reading all these people getting the gold box price and it never worked out for me. I tired this route and it works like a charm.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']None. It was incredibley easy. I have several 2x eca codes going and have emailed or called almost all of them. You would be foolish not to call. Its 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Well I went ahead and gave it a shot. Hopefully all will go well and I will get back 3.01 in amazon credit :). Says i should get a response in 12 hours so we will see. I will post what my results are.

I had sent the email and I got this response which seems like little to no effort was put into it.

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I'm sorry for the trouble you had with this promotion.

Some promotional offers may not be combined with other offers in the same order. Generally, only one promotional claim code may be used per order, and orders with promotions cannot be combined with other orders.

In the case where multiple promotional offers cannot be combined, we will automatically apply the promotion that gives you the largest discount.

I apologize for any misunderstanding. If you need to make any other changes to your order before it ships, visit this Help page for instructions:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=595034

If you have an unrelated question, you can contact us by visiting our Help pages. You can click a button to contact us by e-mail or phone from any Help page on our website.

Please note:

- Limit one promotional certificate per customer per offer and
one promotional certificate per order. Order must be shipped
to a single address.

- These certificates are not valid with other promotional offers.

- Promotional certificates must be redeemed at our website,
http://www.amazon.com, toward the purchase of products listed on
Amazon.com's website and sold by Amazon.com. They may not be
used in conjunction with the purchase of products or services sold
by or under the brands of third parties, including, Target.com,
cellular phone service provided by commercial carriers, or sold
through third-party areas such as the Apparel & Accessories store,
Amazon Marketplace, or at Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk,
Amazon.fr, Amazon.de, or Amazon.co.jp.

- Promotional certificates cannot be used to pay for new, used, or
collectible merchandise sold by third-party merchants accessible
from our site.

- Promotional certificates cannot be used to pay for special order
titles or gift cards.

- Promotional certificates cannot be applied to orders already
placed with us.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to be of more help. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

So it seems like I could maybe cause a stink and fight some more over this, please post if anyone was successful with their try to get it to work.

Well I just got a response from Amazon about apply the "DJHERO10" promo code to my account. They did not add it to the order but they did apply $10 in amazon credit to my next order. Here is the contents of the returned email:

{From Amazon Customer Service}
Hello,

I'm sorry this promotion wasn't applied to your order.

To correct this error, I'd like to give you a $10.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order.
{END}

So in the end I will pay $6.99 out of pocket after 50% off code, x2 ECA Discount. I also have $10 credit on my account now and will have another $10 Credit after the game is released. I could not be happier. Hopefully you guys will have some good luck getting it applied to your orders. :)

[quote name='lawl']got it applied to mine :D[/QUOTE]

Did they apply it to your order or just put $10 credit on your account (like they did mine)?

[quote name='NJMane']Did they apply it to your order or just put $10 credit on your account (like they did mine)?[/QUOTE]
They lowered the base price of the bundle $10.

[quote name='lawl']They lowered the base price of the bundle $10.[/QUOTE]

By them just applying the $10 credit to my account I made out better, now that I think about it. If they would have taken if off of the base price (i.e. from $200 to $190) then it could have affected my 50% and ECA Discount possibly. I would have ended up saving just $3 (would have take my out of pocket from $6.99 to $3.99).

I cant wait to finally get this game (though if amazon wants to keep putting money back in my pocket I am ok with that to). I am going to go to Best Buy tomorrow to pick up my cheap blu-ray I just ordered and the DJ Hero site says that they have a demo unit so I may get a fix a bit early.:bouncy:

Thanks OP. I'm going to pre-order it as soon as the $5 credit comes in for my Uncharted 2 that I ordered. So with that $5, it'll come out to $92.09 shipped w/ ECA. Almost $30 off retail not to mention I'm really looking forward to playing this.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']
Also for those who have not got the gold box price, 189.99. Even if you have the 50% and eca. Just email them and tell them you saw the gold box price and you would like it applied to your pre order. I have about 10 or so games on pre order now and it has worked for all of them. Sometimes someone decides to be a hero and not apply it, so just email again and get a person who will.[/QUOTE]

Just sent off an e-mail for the pre-order I had for the regular edition, doesn't hurt to try.

I called customer service and they applied the code for another $10 off. Pretty awesome! Thanks for posting this OP. It did take a little bit of explaining since my order for Dragon Age + DJ Hero + Brutal Legend with 2x ECA already had a ton of promos applied.

Amazon.com-Exclusive Order Bonus
Order "DJ Hero" and receive a $5 Amazon mp3 credit good toward the music tracks that inspired the music for the game. Redemption instructions will be e-mailed within 10 business days after your order has shipped. Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com to be eligible. Check out the track list

[quote name='NJMane']By them just applying the $10 credit to my account I made out better, now that I think about it. If they would have taken if off of the base price (i.e. from $200 to $190) then it could have affected my 50% and ECA Discount possibly. I would have ended up saving just $3 (would have take my out of pocket from $6.99 to $3.99).

I cant wait to finally get this game (though if amazon wants to keep putting money back in my pocket I am ok with that to). I am going to go to Best Buy tomorrow to pick up my cheap blu-ray I just ordered and the DJ Hero site says that they have a demo unit so I may get a fix a bit early.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yes you did, they lowered the price for me effectively making it a 5 dollar discount with my ECA and Coupon getting nerfed.

Still, 65 bucks for a 200 dollar game is pretty suite.

[quote name='Phaethon360']Still waiting to see how the reviews come in for this.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? It's a game with "Hero" in the title, do you really think people aren't going to mess their pants over it?

I got gold box, $10 off, and 10% from ECA for basically $91. And $10 off future videogame purchase. Decided to bite. I figured $90 is probably the cheapest it will be anywhere these coming months.

They applied the coupon. So between that, the kingdom hearts credit, and double eca, I got the normal edition for $76 plus the $10 credit.

E-mailed amazon and they denied me.

So wondering now if I can cel and re-order the same thing. Would the eca code that I used back on aug4th still be valid at this point? Or should I try to wait and re-order it when the eca codes come back up?

Edit: Cancelled my order and the code popped right back in my acct.

In addition to the DJ Hero 10 code I was able to also use my $10 future video game credit. Getting $31.90 off the price with a $50 gift card, so paying $37.09 for DJ Hero.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a pretty good deal with the ECA discount. My brother wants this game so maybe I'll order it for him.

I haven't preordered this yet, but it's sounding like you can stack a nice deal here.

What percentage is the discount people are getting in Gold Box?

I only want the regular edition, so I'm trying to figure what the total goldbox+ECA+$10-code-from-this-thread+$10-credit-later discount would be

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I haven't preordered this yet, but it's sounding like you can stack a nice deal here.

What percentage is the discount people are getting in Gold Box?

I only want the regular edition, so I'm trying to figure what the total goldbox+ECA+$10-code-from-this-thread+$10-credit-later discount would be[/QUOTE]

You can do the math but it should be about 30 off bringing it to 90 bucks and change. Plus you get the 10$ credit for later.

I used the 50% coupon from a while back to get the Renegade for 85 shipped with release day shipping.

I figure the game should have cost on 90 to begin with and my only warning to you is that the turntables biggest complaints are the flimsiness of the cross-fader and other knobs which the Renegade metal buttons may or may not fix.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']

What percentage is the discount people are getting in Gold Box?[/QUOTE]

I think it was $5.95, 5% of $118.99.

[quote name='xdl']They deducted $10 off the original price after I sent them an email. Loving Amazon CS.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]
Sent them an email as well, worked out nicely.

did they take away the $10 credit for pre-ordering this? I check the page today and didn't see it anymore.

edit: It still seems to be there for all the version except the PS3 version which is replaced by a PSN add. I will really pissed if that version is the only that does get a $10 credit.

bread's done
Back