Save 50% on hundreds of Graphic Novels, Toys, and Statues

ANGURA

CAGiversary!
**Standard Disclosure: Hey all, many of you know that I work at TFAW and maybe even know (shameless plug) that I write Cool Geeky Things. For those of you who didn't know the first part - I do. So please read on aware that the info comes from a guy who works at the place he's talking about BUT who also loves saving money on awesome artifacts of dorkery and sharing those deals here on the C to the AG.**

!!!!Kudos to rhymetimesfine for suggesting I move the shipping code here so no one else misses it. Sorry xistence :whistle2:( !!!!!1

!!!!!! Also free domestic shipping for $40+ with code FRIGHT !!!!!!

HOT RECENT NICK AND DENTS

Hi all,

Happy new comic day!

As the summer comes to a close and fall begins to rear its ugly head, my thoughts turn from summer excursions to holing up for the winter and maintaining my sanity (as much as I am able) during the long cold months. Over at TFAW we have a great way for you to stock up on cool stuff now, save a TON of cash while you do, and insure that you're well prepared to face the doldrums of the indoor season.

Now, while we don't normally offer less-than-mint-condition items for sale we occasionally happen to amass some great Nick & Dent stuff over the summer and then make it all available to you for 50% off! These are items that have been handled and may have very minor dings, scratches, etc. But if you're looking for reader copies, this is an amazing way to stock up on favorite titles OR to try some new titles that have caught your interest without spending a lot of money. If you take a look at some of my past posts or ask around I'm confident you'll find that people who have taken us up on these items in the past haven't regretted it. :D

But it's not just comics that fall into this sale!

In the case of statues and busts, action figures, and all manner of collectibles - we're talking about items that are usually in great condition with the exception of some scuffs on the box, or very minor dings (we WILL NOT sell broken items as part of this sale). So, if you're like me and actually take your figures and statues out of the box to display them (or maybe re-enact favorite dramatic moments in film history when the wife isn't looking) it really is a great way to economically expand your collection.

Currently we have hundreds of such items available, which means that whatever you're into - we've got a great deal waiting for you; and a great way to stock up on fantastic diversions before holing up for the winter.

Cheers,

Andrew@TFAW

Last edited by a moderator:
Just putting this here in case someone searches in the future. I ended up buying 11 books (including 2 of the Penny Arcade collections, 2 Marvel Premiere HC's, and some other big titles, like X-Men: Mutant Massacre and Astonishing X-Men Vol. 2) from the Nick & Dent sale and I can't really find anything wrong with them, beyond some very light wear on some corners (I emphasize very light, as in less than you'd find on 90% of the books at your local Border's) or a small 1-2 cm mark on a cover. Overall, A or A minus condition on every book. Some of them even have nicks or dents that I apparently can't find, because I would say that 5 of them have nothing wrong and were still 50% off.

Very, very happy. Just in case anyone's concerned in the future about how nicked and dented this stuff is.

^ Same here, bought 5 or 6 N&D graphic novels, most had little to no shelf wear, a couple were even stilled wrapped in plastic. Definitely a good deal.

Monster Comic sale going down for people near St.Louis,Missouri.Only happens once a year.Anyone interested then ask and I can post below.

He angura, Is this like the last sale where at some point it jumps up to 75% etc as time goes on?

Great company by the way, very happy with last order

[quote name='Lice']He angura, Is this like the last sale where at some point it jumps up to 75% etc as time goes on?

Great company by the way, very happy with last order[/quote]

Glad you enjoyed it.

And no, this isn't like the Summer Steals event where the discount increases.

This is a persistent category of merchandise, which always fluctuates depending on a wide variety of random factors.

In essence whenever something gets a little too warn for us to call it brand new, we mark it down and include it. But as noted by others in this thread, this stuff is by no means torn up. In many cases it's just a scuff on the box, or a folded corner. But it's not pristine, and thus not acceptable for die hard, mint condition collectors.

But for people who play with their toys (such as myself) or are looking for reader copies, it's a great deal.

Most of my nick and dent stuff I bought last time was pretty good with nothing noticeable. The only annoying nick and dents were my New Avengers hardcover which had a slipcover box cutter looking slice through and my Deadly Genesis paperback which has a sumilar box cutter slash through for the back cover. Fine enough reader copies certainly.

Thanks for the updates ANGURA,

I ended up grabbing 6 volumes of Lone Wolf & Cub (god it was tempting to grab the 10 i need, but in the poor house today), the TMNT movie adaptation from the first film and some Dark Horse goods for the girlfriend. Great deals!

bread's done
Back