Save $8 on "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Five-Disc Combo)

MrOlympiaSC

CAG Newbie
Just got this email from Amazon :

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown interest in action and adventure movies might like to know that "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides," a Disney motion picture in theaters now, is now available to pre-order at Amazon.com.

Plus, save $8 on "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Five-Disc Combo)" if qualified for the Disney coupon. Make sure to sign into the account to view the Disney Coupon Book. Coupon expires on June 15, 2011.

http://www.amazon.com/Pirates-Carib...ef=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1307637030&sr=1-1

Not bad, hopefully they lower the price before its actually released and this might come out to less than $20 for the 5-disc set. Thanks Op.

$26.99 for the 4 disc 3D version is a good deal. Be sure to click on the "Clip Coupon" button to receive the discount at checkout.

Always worth making a pre-order when there's an Amazon coupon like this, since they tend to disappear pretty quickly and Amazon doesn't charge until shipment.

In 4 1.

[quote name='62t']I wonder if best buy will have some type of exclusive version like the other movies[/QUOTE]They might, though we won't know for multiple months from now.

Amazon coupon will probably be long gone by then.

We ended up seeing the 2D version in the theater after being told by multiple people that the 3D wasn't worth it for this one. With how dark the image was through a lot of it, I really wonder how well it even worked with the 3D glasses (given that 3D glasses tend to darken the image even further).

Surprised they're already taking pre-orders while it's still in the theater, though. I'm torn on whether to grab it now, or hold out and get it when there's a movie cash deal for PotC 5 (which is apparently already in the works). :)

[quote name='shrike4242']Always worth making a pre-order when there's an Amazon coupon like this, since they tend to disappear pretty quickly and Amazon doesn't charge until shipment.

In 4 1.[/QUOTE]

You buying 41 copys :)

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I hate this state.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why Amazon hates ny on deals we get killed on taxes

[quote name='starmask2k3']I don't know why Amazon hates ny on deals we get killed on taxes[/QUOTE]

I don't blame Amazon. I blame NY.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks OP. Added to my long list of pre orders that will probably get canceled: Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Dumbo, Fox and the Hound, Mars Needs Moms, and Bambi II.[/QUOTE]Lol Agreed.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Why would they get canceled? Unless you're saying that you might cancel them?[/QUOTE]They'd cancel them if a better B&M deal shows up with a coupon.

As we've seen with some movies (Cars & The Incredibles), B&M is a better deal, while other times, online (Tangled @ Amazon) is a better deal.

Always best to make an Amazon pre-order and see what shakes out at the B&M level.

The only thing about pre-order now is if it goes in your gold box

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Why would they get canceled? Unless you're saying that you might cancel them?[/QUOTE]

What shrike said. I'll probably cancel them if the Disney Rewards coupons in-store are better.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I don't blame Amazon. I blame NY.[/QUOTE]

Right. We have to pay high taxes on everything so those who don't feel like working can eat and watch Pirates on their tax payer subsidized HDTVs.

[quote name='62t']I wonder if best buy will have some type of exclusive version like the other movies[/QUOTE]
I was just looking around on their site and came across this. Almost definitely a price mistake, but it looks like there will be some version that has all the films. I came across it as I was looking for the boxset they put out a month or so ago, looks like I'll be waiting for this set then.

[quote name='Zerok']I was just looking around on their site and came across this. Almost definitely a price mistake, but it looks like there will be some version that has all the films. I came across it as I was looking for the boxset they put out a month or so ago, looks like I'll be waiting for this set then.[/QUOTE]

Is it 3D

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Here is some info about the Pirate 4 movie collection

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6629[/QUOTE]

Fancy.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Did anyone feel that On Stranger Tides was EXTREMELY boring? I wanted to shoot myself 45 minutes into it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about boring. Maybe unoriginal. It's the fourth movie after all. But it was an improvement over the last two, I think. Less plot and more Jack. Not sure if I care enough to buy the movie. I pre-ordered and got the coupon for now, but it'll have to be really cheap by then for it to be a buy for me.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Here is some info about the Pirate 4 movie collection

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6629[/QUOTE]

Anyone who buys a "complete" set now is just being silly, what with Pirates 5 already announced as being in the works.

Also, "reduced" price of $114.99? Haha, given that the first three movies can currently be had on Amazon for $13.99 each, that makes it essentially over $70 for Pirates 4 (and remember, that's the "sale" price, not the list price). You'd have to really want that "special edition packaging" for that to be worth it. What are they even thinking?

[quote name='arcane93']Anyone who buys a "complete" set now is just being silly, what with Pirates 5 already announced as being in the works.

Also, "reduced" price of $114.99? Haha, given that the first three movies can currently be had on Amazon for $13.99 each, that makes it essentially over $70 for Pirates 4 (and remember, that's the "sale" price, not the list price). You'd have to really want that "special edition packaging" for that to be worth it. What are they even thinking?[/QUOTE]

Its just like Harry Potter. You have box sets for 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7.1, and bound to have 1-7.2 then you have ultimate editions for each movie. I'm personally waiting for the ultimate box set edition that has all the movies and more bonus features. Yeah it might be more but I think it will be worth it.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Did anyone feel that On Stranger Tides was EXTREMELY boring? I wanted to shoot myself 45 minutes into it.[/QUOTE]
Nope, I loved it. Not as good as the first one, but far better than 2 and 3. Knightly and Bloom being gone definitely helped that.

[quote name='62t']Since this was in my gold box today I placed a preorder.[/QUOTE]

Same-0_0
Going to call Amazon tomorrow to see if I can get the 8 $ off
making it 25.xx

Last edited:
[quote name='PenguinoMF']Its just like Harry Potter. You have box sets for 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7.1, and bound to have 1-7.2 then you have ultimate editions for each movie. I'm personally waiting for the ultimate box set edition that has all the movies and more bonus features. Yeah it might be more but I think it will be worth it.[/QUOTE]

This. I'm hoping they make a really epic set for HP.

[quote name='starmask2k3']Same-0_0
Going to call Amazon tomorrow to see if I can get the 8 $ off
making it 25.xx[/QUOTE]

Just called amazon and they give me the 8$off

[quote name='arcane93']We ended up seeing the 2D version in the theater after being told by multiple people that the 3D wasn't worth it for this one. With how dark the image was through a lot of it, I really wonder how well it even worked with the 3D glasses (given that 3D glasses tend to darken the image even further).

Surprised they're already taking pre-orders while it's still in the theater, though. I'm torn on whether to grab it now, or hold out and get it when there's a movie cash deal for PotC 5 (which is apparently already in the works). :)[/QUOTE]

If it's dark, that usually means your theater camera operators aren't trained properly in how to change the lens on the projector from 3D to 2D, and they just leave on the 3D one, which cuts the lumens in half. Complain to your local theater and tell them to fix it.

I placed an order using the coupon and general credits in full last night. Do you know what will happen to the credits if the item gets a price drop before release? Will they refund the credits partially as a result of the pre-order price guarantee?

[quote name='M3wThr33']If it's dark, that usually means your theater camera operators aren't trained properly in how to change the lens on the projector from 3D to 2D, and they just leave on the 3D one, which cuts the lumens in half. Complain to your local theater and tell them to fix it.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that the particular theater that we saw it in was only showing the 2D version, the 3D version was in another theater (actually two or three other theaters) down the hall, so switching the lens shouldn't have been an issue. It didn't look excessively dark, like there was something wrong -- it looked dark like it was just a dark film, supposed to be that way, and when a bright scene did occur, it was as bright as I would have expected.

bread's done
Back