Save additional $10 with GCO on top of DeepDiscount 20%

chris100185

CAGiversary!
Deep Discount lists many of their movies on Buy.com. And the 20% off is reflected on that site as the normal price. You can then use the google checkout trick to take a further $10 off the purchase price.

Doubtful there are many here who don't know about it, but if you don't it's simple. On Buy.com there is an offer, where you get $10 taken off your order the first time you use google checkout to order an item. Thing is there is nothing stopping you from making multiple accounts and getting the discount every time you order from them. Using one order/account at a time you can get $10 off the already discounted price of each movie as much as you want.

Here's Deep Discount's listing on Buy.com
http://www.buy.com/retail/ searchresults.asp?store=4&ma01=16534620

I think they caught it. When I add DeepDiscount items to the cart, it says that there are items that are not eligible for Google Checkout.

EDIT: Actually, it depends on what I have in my cart. If I have one movie, you can still click on GCO. So, it might be worth a shot.

Can I use this on say, 20 seperate orders? They have tons of movies I have yet to pick up at $17.66. 20% off + $10 off= $6.13 a movie.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Can I use this on say, 20 seperate orders? They have tons of movies I have yet to pick up at $17.66. 20% off + $10 off= $6.13 a movie.[/QUOTE]

once you place the order they cancel it immediately

i tried using a new account - my fiancees email address (never used for GCO) and a new credit card (never used for GCO)

[quote name='tholly']once you place the order they cancel it immediately

i tried using a new account - my fiancees email address (never used for GCO) and a new credit card (never used for GCO)[/quote]
I can't even just use GCO and not the 20% off?

I did this last summer but not with DDD, I bought 6-7 BR movies straight from buy.com with GCO and ended up paying $35-40 for 6-7 movies.

[quote name='chris100185']I already had an item ship. I placed the order on Friday and it shipped today.[/quote]
Through DDD via buy.com? 20% off too?

Ya.

Not just me too. I posted this on another forum a few days ago, and someone placed 7 orders with different CC's and they all went through.

[quote name='chris100185']Ya.

Not just me too. I posted this on another forum a few days ago, and someone placed 7 orders with different CC's and they all went through.[/quote]
Your getting me excited. :bouncy:

What forum did you post on?

The GameFAQs DVD board. Several people also placed orders successfully.
I ordered Full Metal Panic Second Raid box set for $19.52.

Probably Gonna Get Enchanted next.

Worked for me too! I got Juno (2-disc edition) for $8.03 and Scrubs Season 6 for $11.50.

I have two more gmail accounts so I'm looking for more stuff. The Film Crew has a couple of DVDs that are less than a buck with this deal so if I can't find anything that I want more that is what I will be getting.

Thanks original poster!

Oh lord I'm going to pretend I never saw this thread and back away from the computer to go lock my credit cards away :shock:

I tried it out for the Ratatouille(sp?) Blu-Ray. I'm crossing my fingers that it works b/c I've been waiting on a good price on that movie for awhile now hehe. Thanks!

Hopefully DDD doesn't catch on by the time I can sell my MGS4 LE. Buy.com usually has pretty good after GCO Blu-ray prices too but some of these DDD prices are great.

I was thinking about Disturbia so I checked out highdefdigest for a review.

Sure, there are enough plot holes in 'Disturbia' to drive a truck through, and sometimes LaBeouf and his pals are so darn stupid I wanted to through my remote at the screen.

Oh the irony.

with google checkout you can only add 1 item to your cart from a marketplace store. if you add multiple things actually coming from buy.com then you can add any amount of product. when using different accounts make sure you are using different cards because they track it.

[quote name='Animal7390']with google checkout you can only add 1 item to your cart from a marketplace store. if you add multiple things actually coming from buy.com then you can add any amount of product. when using different accounts make sure you are using different cards because they track it.[/quote]

Would virtual cards work?

Thanks for pointing this out, OP. Ended up getting the remastered Fifth Element BD for $4. Can't beat it. You really wonder how long it will be until Google finally pulls the plug on the $10 sign-up bonus. It's been abused like a red-headed stepchild.

[quote name='Animal7390']im not quite sure what you mean by virtual card.[/quote]

PayPal and some credit card companies will generate a virtual credit card number for you to use when purchasing online, so that you don't have to give your actual card information.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']PayPal and some credit card companies will generate a virtual credit card number for you to use when purchasing online, so that you don't have to give your actual card information.[/QUOTE]

0_0

That would be awesome if it worked, potentially unlimited GCO, that is assuming it generates a new CC # everytime instead of using just one number assigned to your account.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']PayPal and some credit card companies will generate a virtual credit card number for you to use when purchasing online, so that you don't have to give your actual card information.[/QUOTE]

How do you generate one with PayPal? I am looking and don't see anything

[quote name='evilwrath666']How do you generate one with PayPal? I am looking and don't see anything[/quote]

I did it once or twice through the PP plug-in. I'm not entirely sure how you can do it through the site, or if you even can.

[quote name='chris100185']Download the paypal plugin. I just installed mine. I'm gonna test it and order Enchanted.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, just used it, I hope it goes through.

Hmm, GCO doesn't seem to like it, Could be because I was using the backup funding as opposed to actually having money in my account. I'm gonna fool around with it a bit more.

When I did this summer of 2007 I just kept using different email addresses and first names, same CC. It worked like a charm. I'm going to try again soon on some odd 10 Blu-rays and give a status report.

[quote name='chris100185']You mean a different name on the shipping? Cause the billing address and name have to match the CC info.[/quote]
Yeah, the name associated with the Google Checkout.

Nah, Must have upped the security. I changed the first name and email. and kept everything else the same and the order was cancelled.

Boo... I was going to get the Harry Potter set in HD DVD for my kids and the price changed from 75 dollars to 104. Crap I waited a few days too many.

Oh ok. I put my order in about 20 hours ago with the same name (my name, different email) I've used for my other couple GCO orders and I used a paypal VCC. It hasn't been cancelled yet.

Hmm, interesting. I'll give the VCC another go later. Maybe I have to wait a bit after creating the card or something. My order wasn't even cancelled after a while, as soon as the order was submited the email account I used got a message saying it couldn't process the card.

bread's done
Back