Saw (360) $19.99 with $20 MIR at FYE (YMMV)

Shadowiii

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I just got back from my local FYE (Orem, UT), and they had Saw for 360 there on clearance for $20, and it had a $0 after Mail In Rebate sticker right on the box.

Needless to say I inquired. The rebate prints with the recite and is valid from 9/1-9/28. So that essentially makes the game free, assuming you aren't a hater of MIR or FYE.

I didn't check the PS3 version, sorry, but someone else could confirm. Also the MIR seemed to be across all FYE stores after closer examination, but again, YMMV.

Good way to get a free game that isn't completely terrible.

Sorry if this doesn't adhere to a forum format; I don't often catch deals before other people do. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe']I'm gonna try, but these deals never seem to translate to the FYE's in SoCal.[/QUOTE]
fuck, at least your FYE has games.
Mine had signs up for a sale on used stuff over the weekend and they were plastered all over the store. One of the items on the signs was "VIDEO GAMES" in huge font.
My store hasn't had a video game in it since I moved here 2 1/2 years ago.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']fuck, at least your FYE has games.[/QUOTE]
That sucks. I don't normally shop FYE but the few times I've seen the MiR deals I've wandered in to take a look. It took forever for the system to load but it did say there was a game available at another store, although SAW was listed at $34.99 in the computer.

Game isnt too great but I got a platinum trophy on it fairly easily. Not bad if you want a quick 1000 achievement points. I'll check out my FYE

the game's not that bad, and there aren't an a$$load of references to the movies that'l make it unplayable to someone that hasn't seen them, so it's not too difficult to 1k/plat it, but there's very few FYE's from what i've seen in so cal, and the nearest ones around me that i know are by del amo mall and inside stonewood mall;
also, is it just me, or are deals pretty dry in so cal in general?
first target, then kmart, even bbv...
is nothing sacred to crazy earth momma Cali?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Well, I found a store with Saw for 19.99. They have an assload of copies too. I'll buy it and see if a rebate prints out I guess. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
You might need to tell your store to transfer some stock our way, OR if you're down to pick up an extra one? :lol: I've got a few extra games from the TRU glitch a couple weeks back for a possible trade.

[quote name='Afflicted']actually if you were a BSP member... you could make money on this deal.[/QUOTE]

This is true, actually. And not only that, I think they are giving a free month to those who haven't yet been members. I didn't bite because I never shop at FYE, but you could essentially make $2 off this deal if you had a card.

And yeah, the Saw game actually is fairly decent. As a fan of the first movie (hated the rest though) and a lover of horror games, the price was right. :bouncy:

Picked up a new sealed copy at lunch at FYE. $20 but no sticker and no rebate printed on the receipt! Wha?

i always get boned on MIR, maybe 1 out of about 30 i have used over the years worked for me.. maybe its my shitty post office or something.

Haven't checked mine yet, but it sounds like it's only worth trying if you see a MIR sticker on the box/package/display itself. Assuming it will automatically print out seems to be ending badly in this thread.

Well I tried a couple days ago in my area, one only had it used for $30 and the other, the fucking Mall of America location, doesn't carry video games anymore?!

If anyone has any luck in the twin cities, mn area, pm me

bread's done
Back