Saw Triology (6 Discs) $21.99

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Credited to Sabrett from dvdtalk

HOT! Blockbuster have it on sale 5 days early. Saw Triology 6 Discs set with $27.99 price tag but it ringup $21.99 plus taxes ($6 instant saving). This is the cheapest you can find :)

Worked for me folks. It's a pretty nice set too. I paid $22 out the door after tax in IL, which undercut Amazon by $16 dollars. Also, don't be surprised if it initially rings up for $30. The instant $6.99 discount is applied at close to the end of the transaction. It surprised my clerk when it came up. Hope this helps!

[quote name='mrluckypants']Pictures of set please?[/quote]

Seconded. although common sense tells me to wait till all 6 movies are out and they release a box set on blu ray.

[quote name='averageguy']i seen that according to Fye web site their supposed to be releasing a box set of it and they want around 45.00 for it[/quote]

Link? all i see is the 6 disc set for 28$

FYE has no idea how to price dvds anyways I think. Random crap that you can find in discount bins at other stores are like 15$ used, but then I found Demons 1 and 2 for 9$ new when everywhere else was charging around 14-17$ or them.

Checkout dvdtalk for more pics of this deal ... I try my local GR Blockbuster (23rd street in Independence, MO) they will not put it on till the 23rd this month :(

[quote name='averageguy']i seen that according to Fye web site their supposed to be releasing a box set of it and they want around 45.00 for it[/quote]

This set's retail price is $49.98; it contains the Uncut SAW, the Special Edition SAW II and next week's SAW III: Director's Cut. Contrary to the thread title, my Blockbuster's instant coupon was $6.99, so the final pre-tax cost was only $21 even. That's obviously more than half off and you get the director's cut of the latest installment almost a week early! This deal is insane!

On my way to pick this up now. Had to call a few Blockbusters to find one who told me I could purchase today and not the 23rd. Is the discount applied when it is rung up? Thanks

f_IMG0706m_27c7993.jpg

f_IMG0707m_f9014f9.jpg

f_IMG0708m_0090765.jpg

f_IMG0709m_b79565a.jpg

f_IMG0710m_702b403.jpg

[quote name='mrluckypants']It looks cool but I think I'm going to wait until next week and see if I can get a free movie ticket for the new movie somewhere.[/quote]

If you're paying close to $16 more to buy it somewhere else to get a movie ticket, isn't it just cheaper to get the set for this cheap, and buy a movie ticket???? :???:

Yeah, I'm not fully impressed with that, if I don't get it for my bday in 2 weeks, then /pass untill a complete set of all 6 movies comes out in 3 years.

[quote name='joker______']so would this be considered ymmv?[/QUOTE]
Yes, because my Blockbuster had them on display but refused to sell me a copy when I tried to buy it becuse the street date isn't until Tuesday. I just hope the $6.99 discount still applies then.

No dice in Kansas at one of the Blockbusters. I asked and the guy immediately said that they weren't due to release until the 23rd but went ahead and told me how sweet they were, which told me they had them. Maybe corporate has alerted them to this by now.

[quote name='Sabrett']If you're paying close to $16 more to buy it somewhere else to get a movie ticket, isn't it just cheaper to get the set for this cheap, and buy a movie ticket???? :???:[/quote]

Good point. Damn you. Now I have to stop on my way to class now.

Just curious but is Saw III the infamous 3 hour version I keep hearing about, but was never released? Or in the very least, what's the run time on the Director's Cut compared to the Uncut version.

Crap, I just put the display for this up in our store tonight... the price is indeed $35 (haven't sold any yet so not sure about $6 off, but I bet it is). Would have jumped on this for $21 even though I don't care about saw much, but the box the display was in had a street of Friday. Wish I had seen in the MAP where it said "Put the display up no earlier than Friday, or as soon as it comes in" I have no idea why it even mentioned a friday thing, cause it really said something to the effect of Friday or whenever.

[quote name='addicted2games']Today at my BlockBuster, it rang up as $27.99. The $6.99 was taken off the $34.99 price. I still bought it.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to chime in w/my LA, CA based experience of the sale:

First and foremost I'd like to note that most of you getting it for the $ 21.xx actually had the cashier do a manual over-ride or some type of adjustment. I feel this is due to the fact that the intended price is actually $ 27.99 *AFTER* the coupon is applied.

Accordingly this is how it worked for me:

TRILOGY set was stickered @ $ 27.99
TRILOGY set rang up @ 34.98
Discount was (auto-applied) @ $ 6.99

FINAL SALE was $ 27.99 - which would make sense as it is what it is stickered as and in my eyes Blockbusters' *intended* selling price.

Those of you who got it cheaper basically were able to take advantage of a clueless cashier who adjusted the price first and then allowed the coupon to 'kick-in' - YOU'VE GOT A GREAT DEAL OBVIOUSLY IF THIS WORKED FOR YOU - SO MORE POWER TO YA'.

Had to also actually call several stores until one was clueless enough to sell it prior to the street date. Purchased it anyways as I am a bit of a horror buff despite already owning the misc. Blu-Ray version(s).

peaceout
REWN

[quote name='rewn']First and foremost I'd like to note that most of you getting it for the $ 21.xx actually had the cashier do a manual over-ride or some type of adjustment. Those of you who got it cheaper basically were able to take advantage of a clueless cashier who adjusted the price first and then allowed the coupon to 'kick-in' - YOU'VE GOT A GREAT DEAL OBVIOUSLY IF THIS WORKED FOR YOU - SO MORE POWER TO YA'.[/quote]

200% wrong--exactly like yourself, those of us who got it for $21 got it because the $6.99 discount applied automatically. The only difference is the original, pre-discount price that rang up was $27.99, so Blockbuster appears to have erroneously had the discounted price loaded in their system, then applied the auto-discount to that already discounted sale price. As far as your usage of term "took advantage", it may not have been the intended tone, but it reads like you are accusing us of knowingly doing something wrong. If a price rings up and a store honors it, who are we as consumers to second-guess it, and why would we? Great discounts abound weekly, just not often at Blockbuster. I'm sorry they screwed up, but I wasn't certain of that at the time I made the purchase and did not knowingly undercut them.

[quote name='Filmmaker']Ooh, a threadcrap--can I get a $6.99 discount on that?[/QUOTE]

No dice. This threadcrap has no deals on it.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm surprised that no one mentioned this is a terrible triology.[/quote]

Luckily we value your opinion, and shall change our own for you.

[quote name='bardockkun']Just curious but is Saw III the infamous 3 hour version I keep hearing about, but was never released? Or in the very least, what's the run time on the Director's Cut compared to the Uncut version.[/QUOTE]
I've never heard of a three hour version, but here are your run times:

R-rated (107 min.)
Unrated (113 min.)
Director's Cut (120 min.)

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm surprised that no one mentioned this is a terrible trilogy.[/quote]Well, I only saw the first, but I'm such a consumer whore I would have snatched up a six disc set of just about anything at $21 :p My g/f got mad when I said that too.

And I took our copies of the set down tonight until Tuesday (not that it matters much since no one even seemed to notice the standee except some weird kid with a cowboy hat asking about having it - I love getting that. People, if it's anything even worth saving, someone on the inside already has dibs... although I don't care for it much and it's quite large). Would hate to get caught breaking street.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm surprised that no one mentioned this is a terrible triology.[/quote]

Sometimes people like to watch movies because get this they enjoy them.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']I've never heard of a three hour version, but here are your run times:

R-rated (107 min.)
Unrated (113 min.)
Director's Cut (120 min.)[/quote]

Damn, if there really is a 3 hour version, I can't possibly imagine whats in the hours worth that was cut.

REWN- no one got a clueless cashier to do a manual override. It was stickered for $27.99, it rang up for that, and $6.99 automatically came off. :roll:

[quote name='Sabrett']REWN- no one got a clueless cashier to do a manual override. It was stickered for $27.99, it rang up for that, and $6.99 automatically came off. :roll:[/QUOTE]

referring to the posters on your orig. thread on DVDTalk.com - quite a few had a cashier go "Oh - this is wrong" and had them adjust it. So perhaps not everyone but certainly some. I just stated my experience as it was same as other posters where it rang up to the (final) $ 27.99 *AFTER* the coupon not before. I still think those of you getting it lower got lucky - it's not the 'standard' sale price if you will.

And just to clarify for hatemonger Filmmaker up above: I said MORE POWER TO YA in all caps so that everyone would get it - no accusation or downtalking was intended in my post - this is obviously a DEALS board/forum so hence I am all for it.

[quote name='rewn']And just to clarify for hatemonger Filmmaker up above: I said MORE POWER TO YA in all caps so that everyone would get it - no accusation or downtalking was intended in my post - this is obviously a DEALS board/forum so hence I am all for it.[/quote]

Hatemonger? A tad overdramatic are we, yes? You may be okay with us benefitting from what you imply is a wrongdoing, but I still take umbrage that it was a wrongdoing. Are you not big enough to admit your accusation toward those of us who got it for $21 was unwarranted and ill spirited?

Was 27 at my local BB also after the 6.99. Luckily I had asked my girlfriend to pick up for me..she had a copy of Twister she bought like 3 months ago in BB in the back of her car, for some reason they took it back and I ended up with the set for 15$ and change. Times like this I wish I had more self control...I love the Saw series...and already bought the first 3 bythemselves on release, now this set..and probably whatever set they come out with in the future with all of them.

I'm just going to hold off on the box set. I already have the first 3 from when they came out. I would like to get this but dont want to end up with 2 copies of every one of the movies.

[quote name='bardockkun']http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/061024b.php

Incase anyone's curious on what I was talking about with the 3 hour version of Saw III (AKA the real director's cut). So I guess I'll keep on waiting for the more definitive version...[/quote]

That's crazy. I really can't wait to see that. It's going to be like a different movie almost. It should be amazing.

Great deal, but I have the only ones worth it, 1 and 2. Got them during one of those infamous Hollywood Video video close-outs for 5 bucks a piece.

Still though, for these three and the double disc versions for 22 dollars is a total steal.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned buying this at Block Buster then getting Best Buy to price match your receipt. If those stores are close in your area, then the free Saw IV ticket in the Best Buy package would be worth the gas. Not to mention in theory, you could use additional coupons on it. (This is of course YMMV.) I know I have a $5 off and a 20% off of dvd sets. So all in all, that puts the best versions of Saw I, II, and III and a ticket to IV for around $15.00. Not too shabby at all.

bread's done
Back