Saw Triology (6 Discs) $21.99

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Credited to Sabrett from dvdtalk

HOT! Blockbuster have it on sale 5 days early. Saw Triology 6 Discs set with $27.99 price tag but it ringup $21.99 plus taxes ($6 instant saving). This is the cheapest you can find :)

[quote name='bardockkun']http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/061024b.php

Incase anyone's curious on what I was talking about with the 3 hour version of Saw III (AKA the real director's cut). So I guess I'll keep on waiting for the more definitive version...[/QUOTE]
See, that's strange because the Director's Cut version coming out tomorrow does contain the extended fight between Amanda and that guy.....

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']See, that's strange because the Director's Cut version coming out tomorrow does contain the extended fight between Amanda and that guy.....[/quote]

Bahar Soomekh is the female doctor, not a guy.

Lame. Went to one BB and called four others, none of them have this set for sale or even know of its existence.

[quote name='Rocko']Lame. Went to one BB and called four others, none of them have this set for sale or even know of its existence.[/quote]Hmm, that seems weird since it is officially out today. Although, our sets came inside of the Saw standee, and I don't know that all stores got that. If you want to try calling back, ask about the saw standee, cause it would have come inside that; if they have no idea what that is I guess you are out of luck.

Picked it up today!! But not at blockbuster, i called all of mine and the had no idea what i was talking about :( i did manage to get it at bestbuy though for $35 and it came with a free movie ticket for Saw 4. It's a nice looking set, they also had some free spider man trick or treat bags up for grabs.
1023072051.jpg

circut city has it for $19.99. it isn't listed in the ad or anything, but when i went to the store today it had a spot in the new releases and it clearly said "saw: trilogy - $19.99."

[quote name='Stonecoldfreak1']circut city has it for $19.99. it isn't listed in the ad or anything, but when i went to the store today it had a spot in the new releases and it clearly said "saw: trilogy - $19.99."[/quote]

Something tells me that can't be right.

Also I called 2 blockbusters today and they both told me they sold out a couple days ago and were hopefully getting more copies in later this week.

[quote name='Prepster']Something tells me that can't be right.

Also I called 2 blockbusters today and they both told me they sold out a couple days ago and were hopefully getting more copies in later this week.[/quote]For anyone interersted, my store usually does receiving on Thrusday; sometimes random little packages come in but I would say Thurs would be the day new ones arrive. Unless it's different on a store to store basis.

I saw this at walmart but it had not price on it. I would really like to pick this up but like I have said I bought all of them when they came out. Chances are I will just hold out till a box set of all of them. Then just keep the extras I got from the movies and sell them and keep all of them in the box.

[quote name='Prepster']Something tells me that can't be right.[/quote]

i thought the same exact thing, but i've gone to two circuit citys and both had the same price.

It's definitely 19.99 at circuit city. I pricematched over at best buy to get the free movie ticket for saw 4. Good times.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']How do you pricematch at Best Buy? Do you need a special Circuit City AD or do you just tell them?[/quote]I think if it's not advertised they will do it with a receipt showing the sale at that price, and then you can return the CC copy. I think.

So I just buy a copy at CC first then get another copy to pricematch at BB then return the first copy at CC. Can I use $5 reward certificate or 10% discount card after pricematch?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']So I just buy a copy at CC first then get another copy to pricematch at BB then return the first copy at CC. Can I use $5 reward certificate or 10% discount card after pricematch?[/quote]Reward cert I would say yes since I believe that is sorta like cash/gift card. 10% discount, not likely.

You have to buy the product and then show the receipt. Later, you can return the first product. It seems to be YMMV on Best Buy taking coupons on price matched objects. If you are buying the original product at Circuit City, you might try to use the Best Buy coupon there. I've been able to use $5 off reward zone coupon there. (But they said they can only take one per item.)

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']How do you pricematch at Best Buy? Do you need a special Circuit City AD or do you just tell them?[/quote]

I went to the customer service desk at best buy. They looked it up in their computer but this wasn't in their weekly ad so they had to call over there. Normally if you have the ad, they can just go by that. So the girl called over to CC and 10 minutes later after they finally answered the phone, I got my pricematch.

picked this up for $20 at South Portland, ME CC last night (7PM)...had shelf tags up for that price as well...there were a couple left after I bought mine, great deal!

-mattyp

I was at Circuit City today and they didnt even have this in. I don't see how they would be the only place I have been to that was sold out when the others had atleast 6 or so instock.

I am also wondering for anyone that has bought this, does it come with every extra that was on the dvds? For example the unrated first one comes with the short and the jigsaw investigation that the normal one didnt have. I don't want to later on buy this only to find out that some of the dvds had something that to box set didnt get.

*update*

My CC got some more in between the time I called on tuesday (was told for 19.99 and were sold out) and today when I got one. Heres the deal...

When I grabbed one out of the stand, there was a label clearly labelled Saw: Thrilogy 19.99. When it got ranged up it was coming as 32.99 (which is the same price as online I believe). I had to argue with them a little stating that a sales rep told me tuesday that it was 19.99 and that the price tag STILL indicates 19.99. Finally the manager price override it to 19.99 without any much trouble after.

Take these steps if needed if your still planning on getting this set in the next couple of days.

Just went to my CC and had them ring it up and it was 32.99. Told them I had heard it was on sale and they showed me their ad saying it was 32.99. Didn't buy it. Any way I can get them to sell it to me for 19.99 since other stores have been doing it?

[quote name='sendme']I was at Circuit City today and they didnt even have this in. I don't see how they would be the only place I have been to that was sold out when the others had atleast 6 or so instock.

I am also wondering for anyone that has bought this, does it come with every extra that was on the dvds? For example the unrated first one comes with the short and the jigsaw investigation that the normal one didnt have. I don't want to later on buy this only to find out that some of the dvds had something that to box set didnt get.[/quote]

The versions in this set are:

Saw Uncut Edition
Saw 2 Special Edition
Saw 3 Directors Cut

It's basically the second dvd release of each film.

I must've missed the Saw 2 Special Edition when it released. I always wanted to buy Saw Uncut when it released, but never did (I love the blood case, though). And I know the Saw 3 DX came out the same time as this set. I never knew they rereleased Saw 2.

Ah well. I ended up buying it anyway, even though I couldn't get it for cheap. I don't have any of those three releases, and my Saw is especially barebones, being a former Blockbuster rental, so I'm happy to have this set.

FYI Rocko: The Saw II uncut DVD looks like this:

af64729fd7a061516eb7e010._AA240_.L.jpg

Lenticular cover with the key disappearing in the skull, but it's got nothing on the bloody Saw (1) Uncut case...

I will check but I think all of the saw 2 cases were like that. I do not think mine says unrated on it. If I remember correctly it says special edition. I know I bought mine though when it first came to dvd. Also the blood case was cool for the first one but they have changed it now. All the ones I have see just are a normal dvd case with the blood printe on it.

[quote name='sendme']I will check but I think all of the saw 2 cases were like that. I do not think mine says unrated on it. If I remember correctly it says special edition. I know I bought mine though when it first came to dvd. Also the blood case was cool for the first one but they have changed it now. All the ones I have see just are a normal dvd case with the blood printe on it.[/quote]

No, the original, one-disc release of Saw II has a clear case with two fingers on it, and the disc has Billy's face on it.

[quote name='Kerig']FYI Rocko: The Saw II uncut DVD looks like this:

af64729fd7a061516eb7e010._AA240_.L.jpg

Lenticular cover with the key disappearing in the skull, but it's got nothing on the bloody Saw (1) Uncut case...[/quote]

Interesting. I never even knew that existed. :lol:

At least I've got it now.

Well then both came out at the same time or I bought my copy of saw 2 some time after it came out. I don't even remember seeing something that looked like the copy of saw 2 like you are talking about. Only have seen the skull with the key in the eye around here.

I went to two Circuit City's (Cities?) and both rang up for $33. So I went to Blockbuster, and got it for $27.00. Got Best Buy to price match that, and got an additional $5 off with a reward zone coupon. So $22.00 plus tax for three movies, and a ticket to Saw IV (Which was very good, by the way.) Not as cheap as I had planned, but definitely not a bad deal at all.

[quote name='Rocko']
Interesting. I never even knew that existed. :lol:

At least I've got it now.[/quote]

With Saw they always seem to release sort of a barebones release first, then right before the next movie comes out in theatres they do some kind of special edition to get people to double dip.

I was thinking the same thing. If it is not a week or so before the new movie it is around the time of the previews for the new one come out.

[quote name='snake']With Saw they always seem to release sort of a barebones release first, then right before the next movie comes out in theatres they do some kind of special edition to get people to double dip.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']I already own these on blu ray.. but I was really tempted to pick up the trilogy box set on dvd.. I love how the box looks..[/quote]

I remember you over at Highdefdigest.com. I almost bought this, but I prefer to have the movies in individual cases than this crappy keep case.

I already own all 3 on BluRay, but those 3 lack the features that the SD-DVD's have. Best Buy has SAW: Uncut and SAW II: SE Uncut for $9.99 each this week, so I bought those instead. Once I can find SAW III: DC on sale or maybe trade some old stuff in at a FYE, I might grab that one to add to the collection. Billy looks cool on the cover of this set, but again I prefer the single cases over a keep case that is usually used for TV shows.

[quote name='candyman56']I remember you over at Highdefdigest.com. I almost bought this, but I prefer to have the movies in individual cases than this crappy keep case.

I already own all 3 on BluRay, but those 3 lack the features that the SD-DVD's have. Best Buy has SAW: Uncut and SAW II: SE Uncut for $9.99 each this week, so I bought those instead. Once I can find SAW III: DC on sale or maybe trade some old stuff in at a FYE, I might grab that one to add to the collection. Billy looks cool on the cover of this set, but again I prefer the single cases over a keep case that is usually used for TV shows.[/quote]

I know, it sucks, cuz the 3 editions of the standard dvd had sweet ass futures, some short about how the movie was made, another movie that was how saw was based off of. Kinda blows. I still have the regular dvd's and special editions tucked away somewhere..

Its like I saw the spiderman trilogy at BB today, and saw the spiderman 3 alone, and the sleeved spiderman looked hella cool, but im not paying 37 after tax for that, or 64 after tax for the other.. ill just wait.. someone will wanna sell both :)

[quote name='Rocko']Interesting. I never even knew that existed. :lol:

At least I've got it now.[/quote]

Here are more SAWs in Region 1 that might interest you...

SAW (Trilogy so far....) Region 1 Releases
SAW Trilogy Parts 1, 2, 3

*Please Click Thumbnails to Expand

Saw BluRay & UMD Discs / SAW French Decadence Version / SAW Rental Only Covers

SAW Preview Disc ( From LionsGate Preview and BestBuy Punisher Exclusive [yr2004])

XAGE's Current R1 SAW Trilogy in DVD/BluRay/UMD Format
SAW_ALL01.jpg

If you have additional information (for missed out SAW R1 releases not mention aboved) it is highly appreciated. - xage

And my Recent Update.....​

SAW_batch1.jpg

SAW TRILOGY
Limited Edition Boxset
Hottopic Exclusive

*please click thumbnail to expand image*

SAW_T00.jpg

Finally an exclusive Region 1 Giftset of the Horror Franchise SAW!
From the same designing group and store that brought you the now rare and collectible Nightmare Before Christmas boxset comes this bloody boxset with an amazing voice recording Jigsaw puppet figure (the figure is heavy and made out of hard rubber type) packaged in a cool big box with a transparent bloody plastic slipcase.

Three ways obtaining it

1. Hot Topic Store
2. www.hottopic.com

And here is an alternative if you wish to have non-tax and cost below retail (including of shipment)
3. http://stores.ebay.com/Premium-Concepts-and-Design

bread's done
Back