Say goodbye to your monies!

definitely not. it has two crappy cameras that I seem gimicky. dont really care about the slightly bigger screen. the sd card slot looks interesting though, not sure what the ds lets you do with it.

Exactly, at least until there is a killer app for the system I don't really see the point in upgrading my DS. Particularly I wouldn't be able to play my GH:OT game (better hurry on the next version Activision, if you want it to actually sell)

ehhhh i dont have a DS yet but i'd rather get a dsl then a dsi.

main reason is that it can play GBA games. unless i get a GBA of my own with light, i have no need for DS games. they are worthless to me :p

I only have a regular DS, so the DSi would be a fairly nice leap in terms of quality, so I'll probably be getting one. I guess I'll have to start putting some money aside though, my old DS probably won't fetch much on a trade in.

what's keeping me from getting the DSi is lack of flashcard support. I refuse to live without homebrew. Even if they do find a way to get flashcards working on it, anything like Quake that requires the memory expansion from the web browser isn't going to run. That said, I'm sure someday down the road they'll unlock the possibility to use the SD card for stuff like that, but I won't hold my breath. Also, if anyone dares to call me a pirate because I use flashcards for homebrew, then get a clue.

I won't because A) I don't use my DSL enough to warrant it and B) someone did a comparison between a DSL and DSi and the DSL's screen quality is actually much better. No idea why that is, but I won't sacrifice quality for some gimmicky cameras.

[quote name='gamer602']Will. Not. Buy. Period[/quote]

You forgot the period after period. But thanks for sharing your thoughts.

there is already a dsware or ds game download channel for u to buy original games to play off the sd card in japan so it will undoubtedly come here as well

I have no reason to buy this. But I have already said goodbye to my monies, thanks to RRSPs taking a severe 30% plunge. Bye bye thousands of dollars!! I hardly knew ye.

[quote name='Ziv']You forgot the period after period. But thanks for sharing your thoughts.[/quote]

It was left out intentionally....

I already have 1 DS and 2 DS Lite systems.....DO NOT WANT....or maybe ill buy one when its on sale...who knows!

^ i found GBA sp for 24 dollars :p (price error, it was actually 49) but i didnt take it cuz im planning on buyiong nintendo ds lite. which plays ds and gba games. ganna get it when DSi comes out, so the price will go down..... but it seems nobody will buy dsi???

I'm only getting it because my orginal DS lite broke. Damn hinge was already cracked and it finally busted in half when I dropped it on my carpet floor.

The only reason I might get a DSi is if the screens are better. Since the C/USG-USA-1 revisions of the DS Lite, the screens are ghosting everywhere and have worsened view angles.

most likely it will, and i hope there will be a clearence on GBA games too.
too bad i missed that 79.99 on a new ds lite deal on boxing day...

[quote name='Firestorm']Not buying...

... Until theY announce Metroid Dread or a Zelda game as download only =( then the can have all my monies[/quote]
I don't pay for downloads. If that happens a flashcard is only $7.

DSi is not recommended for gamers of the "The World ends with you" or "Touch the Dead"
Kind, the DSi (I got one from DealExtreme) is sort of like the Wii it's super awesome when you line up to get one but it just gets too interactive and pretty lame

I don't even play my DSL anymore, and I really don't think I'm upgrading this system again (I did the DSPhat -> DSL trade-in already for my DSL). Only reason I have my DSL still is because I bought a few games for it and I don't really want to sell those games.

I won't. The only reason I ever thought of getting DS[anything] was for the few months over the summer I was without a car or a carpool. I wanted to get the DS, but only to play Guitar Hero DS.

The DSi doesn't have the GBA slot, which means no Guitar Hero. So bleh.

I want to say I not going to get one, but I know as soon as first Zelda game comes out I going to end up with one

^^^ you guys say that you wont buy it. but you guys will change your minds....

it will blow the ds out and take over the world.
im serious. you guys will buy it eventually.

I'll buy when the Metroid Special edition DSi comes out during the xmas holiday season to compliment my Mario and Zelda DS Lites

Bigger screens, but not more resolution is a big disappointment.

Scoff if you will, but I want Achievements for my DS. They upload to my profile whenever I connect via Wifi.

nope... might bite on a DS lite... but the DSi is garbage in my eyes... remove the gba slot... add a gameboy camera... make the system ugly... and have to download digital content... no thanks.

Too much money for too little benefits, too much con. Sure my original DS is too fat and heavy. Sure a better placed mike is great. But I have zero need for a camera or two, and I love me GBA access. I'm not paying them to download games I already own, sans my saved games on them.

I don't think I'll be buying DSi unless EB does a good trade in deal. I do have some credit built up but I did buy some nintendo stock considering it low right now :p

Just so you all know, the DSi isn't just a repackaged DSLite, believe it or not.

The dudes who created Wiibrew are working on DSiBrew now and bushing has stated that the DSi has double the processor and apparently four times the RAM of a regular DS. Why didn't Nintendo announce this? Who knows.

What it means is that anyone interested in homebrew is going to love the DSi.

[quote name='poiuiu']Just so you all know, the DSi isn't just a repackaged DSLite, believe it or not.

The dudes who created Wiibrew are working on DSiBrew now and bushing has stated that the DSi has double the processor and apparently four times the RAM of a regular DS. Why didn't Nintendo announce this? Who knows.

What it means is that anyone interested in homebrew is going to love the DSi.[/quote]

I think I'm the only one here ready to put down some money for this thing. I'm sure the DSiBrew'll let me play all my old GBA games on the SD card or something so I'm ok.

I'll be grabbing myself a DSi as well (pending funds) since:

1: I use the superior GBMicro for my GBAing
2: I don't play any thing that requires the slot-2 on the DS
2.5: I have my wife's DSL anyway if I need it (Pokieman)
3: I don't own any sort of card adapter for the DS
4: My current DSL is sort of dying anyway and I can find a good home for it
5: All the additions to the DSi is worth it for me, especially if someone can give it PSP style CFW.

I have faith in bushing cause if anyone can do it, it'll be him.

And this is not even factoring in better, brighter screens, etc.

I've got a DSI and i'll definitely say it's not worth it at this time.

-The audio support is a joke (no mp3, .aac only AND at a lower bitrate than ipod reproduces. To allow for the pitch shifting fx i suppose.) I'm hoping an outcry will bring .mp3 support and better audio reproduction.
-Camera it's fun but you probably won't play with it long. A killer app could use this SOMEDAY
-DSstore has the potential to be very cool SOMEDAY (cheap GBA re-releases of pricier titles, dozens of pickup and play games without shuffling carts.) I love picto-pict and the $2 wario ware games, but most people would give them a wornout 'meh.'
-No GBA slot is a serious loss (you can get soo many great gba games for cheap nowadays.) I wish the dsi had kept it.)

I sold my white ds lite and i wish i hadn't. (Just to have the ds&gba option occasionally) I'm still glad i got a dsi (i love those Japanese only oddball apps) but it's not an instant purchase.
I advise you to wait because at the moment it's more potential than reality.

Oh yeah, the browser is slow as molasses and can't keep a whole ebay page in memory (it has to reload as you scroll down.)

Again, I like it but it should be $129.99. For $179.99 i would consider an ipod touch...

deftoast, can you comment on the screens of the DSi? Do they ghost at all?

Also, what kind of texture does it have? Have you ever used a Crimson DS Lite? Is it like the texture on one of those?

[quote name='No One']deftoast, can you comment on the screens of the DSi? Do they ghost at all?

Also, what kind of texture does it have? Have you ever used a Crimson DS Lite? Is it like the texture on one of those?[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice it as a problem, but i just played the airplane game which has some quickly scrolling lines and i saw a TEENY bit of ghosting (or maybe just blurring?) But it didn't seem worse than my (early) ds lite. (Which i sold so i can't compare right now.) In short i'm happy with the screen (though the screen is bigger it doesn't really 'feel' bigger.)

I haven't seen the crimson ds lite. The system texture is nice but it get's scratches that wipe away. (magic?)

bread's done
Back